PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice feels Ravens should be hosting Chiefs

Coach
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Here is a short clip about restructuring the playoff seeding. They use KC and Seattle as an example.

YouTube - Ravens Feeling Confident

chief31
01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Wild-card teams are the "extra" teams to make the playoffs.

The division winners, despite overall record, are your original playoff teams.

Wild-card teams should feel lucky to be there. Not complaining about it.

Boxermm187
01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
it is funny how the analyst tried to get ray rice to say that they should seed the teams by their record, even after rice said thats how its been for years. they always just want to start something. the chiefs game versus the raiders really gave the ravens a lot of confidence. I hope they go in too overconfident for Sundays game. Now, it is time for the Chiefs to gain some respect......win!

BaltoGuy
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
The Ravens wont be over confident...to many veterans to let that happen. I think the NFL should never re-seed the playoffs. There is a prize at the end for winning your division. Look at seattle...why be mad at them? I would be mad at the rest of the division...they are Div. champs with a 7-9 record. Before this year its only happened 8 times where the visiting team has had a better record then the home team...in NFL history...Dont put to much stock in what players or coaches say publicly...Its like asking them..."do you think you can win?" DUHHHH what do they think they will say?

#58ChiefsFan
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Ray did good there, didn't get lead along anymore than they forced him to.

SIC J
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Should be 8 teams, no byes, seed them in finishing order. Then there's no room for crying.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I say just leave it how it is because there hasnt been problems with it before.

Coach
01-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Should be 8 teams, no byes, seed them in finishing order. Then there's no room for crying.

So half the league makes the playoffs?? NO way. We already have teams like Seattle making the playoffs with a losing record. I think it is setup perfectly.

SIC J
01-06-2011, 12:16 AM
So half the league makes the playoffs?? NO way. We already have teams like Seattle making the playoffs with a losing record. I think it is setup perfectly.

10-6 Giants and Bucs didn't make the playoffs but 7-9 Seahawks do.

2008 - 11-5 Pats and 9-7 Jets didn't make the playoffs but 8-8 Chargers did.

There's nothing perfect about that.

I been saying for years they should add a couple more teams. That would work itself out. OR go back to 3 divisions in each conference.

ONLY the NFL will you ever see it where the top 6 records in each conference NOT make the playoffs.

That's 2 times in 9 years since they went from 3 to 4 divisions in each conference.

Sn@keIze
01-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Rice will understand why we host after we whip that ***

4everchiefsfan25
01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
We need to shut down Rice like we did Chris Johnson

captainamerica
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I hate the knee jerk reaction that is the NFL sometime. the 7-9 seahawks winning their division is an anomaly, not a common occurrence. Changing the playoff system would give less meaning to divisional games and would give less meaning to winning your division.

People are complaining that a 7-9 team is getting a home game against an 11-5, but I don't understand why. Why would anyone feel sorry for the Saints? They're the ones that get to play against a 7-9 team. I would much rather the Seahawks host this game, than the Saints. At least this way the game is a little more evenly matched on paper and not as big of a mismatch.

The way the system is setup now is fair for everyone. It just so happened that every team in the NFC west became in a transitional period at the same time. It's a freak coincidence and not something that should dictate the entire seeding process of the NFL playoffs.

PITCH52BLACK
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM

lol!

good luck on Sunday man!

KristofLaw
01-08-2011, 04:40 AM
We don't have any need to restructure a perfectly solid system IMO. Who knows, maybe the Seahawks win out and take the Super Bowl... Extreme Longshot... but that would make historic lore in their area and the NFL in general.

If Ray Rice wanted to host the Chiefs or any other team for that matter, much with the analysts in favor of a change... have your team do yourself a favor and take care of your division. We did our job this year. :D

hometeam
01-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I Kind of agree with this.

Keep the playoffs the same, except for seeding order, epecially with the 18 game season coming, the chances that the wild car dteams have better records than some division winners will increase.

Keep the way playoff teams are picked the same, but seed them by record. I think thats only fair.

Coach
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
10-6 Giants and Bucs didn't make the playoffs but 7-9 Seahawks do.

2008 - 11-5 Pats and 9-7 Jets didn't make the playoffs but 8-8 Chargers did.

There's nothing perfect about that.

I been saying for years they should add a couple more teams. That would work itself out. OR go back to 3 divisions in each conference.

ONLY the NFL will you ever see it where the top 6 records in each conference NOT make the playoffs.

That's 2 times in 9 years since they went from 3 to 4 divisions in each conference.

Maybe we should just have a 32 team. Then nobody will be left out of the playoffs. And the teams that lose will feel better about themselves because they made the playoffs. The NFL could give them all ribbons as well.

5oclock_charlie
01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Maybe we should just have a 32 team. Then nobody will be left out of the playoffs. And the teams that lose will feel better about themselves because they made the playoffs. The NFL could give them all ribbons as well.

Don't the NBA and NHL already do this?

Canada
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Don't the NBA and NHL already do this?NHL
does the top 8 in the east and the top 8 in the West. But there is never onyone with a losing record that gets in!! NBA, I dont know.

Hayvern
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I Kind of agree with this.

Keep the playoffs the same, except for seeding order, epecially with the 18 game season coming, the chances that the wild car dteams have better records than some division winners will increase.

Keep the way playoff teams are picked the same, but seed them by record. I think thats only fair.

You can't change it because of one season, it makes no sense.

The next time there is a 11 - 5 team that wins their division, and an 11 - 5 team that is a wild card, but because the wild card team won on a weird tie breaker system, people will be screaming for it to go back to the way it was.

Anomolies happen, you cannot throw out the baby with the bath water over some weird occurence.

The interesting thing about the video is that Rice never did say that he felt the Ravens should be hosting the Chiefs, so the knu.... err, I mean member, that created this topic felt the need to inflame the situation just to get people to read it.

Yeah, Coach, that's right I am calling you to the mat son!

:lol:

Chiefster
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Here is a short clip about restructuring the playoff seeding. They use KC and Seattle as an example.

YouTube - Ravens Feeling Confident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAvjEBKQOQ)

Meh, another idiot with a microphone in front of him.

SIC J
01-09-2011, 12:08 AM
This is the 2ND time this has happened since the NFL made it 4 divisions in each conference 9 years ago.

They should just change it back to 3 divisions per conference. This type of thing never happened when it was like that.

Make it North, Central, and South divisions and call it a day.

RAVENS DEN
01-09-2011, 12:59 AM

Now your just setting yourself up to be upset at 4 15 pm sunday afternoon.

A BLACK CLOUD is coming and it s not going to snow , its going to RAIN PURPLE.

GAME ON, LEWIS wants that ring bad this yr and im sorry to say THE CHIEFS arnt going to stop him.

GOOD LUCK GUYS http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Coach
01-09-2011, 10:11 AM
A BLACK CLOUD is coming and it s not going to snow , its going to RAIN PURPLE.
You had me at purple.

Miller
01-09-2011, 10:57 AM
You had me at purple.

:lol:

BoltWalt
01-09-2011, 01:22 PM
The interesting thing about the video is that Rice never did say that he felt the Ravens should be hosting the Chiefs, so the knu.... err, I mean member, that created this topic felt the need to inflame the situation just to get people to read it.

That is how I feel about this topic as well.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
You had me at purple.
Purple?

kcnative
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
F Ray Rice.

When the Ravens came out of the tunnel, KC had a band lined up to make a walkway...the Ravens just busted through it.

Okay, understood you're not gonna walk down a Chief lined path...but Ray "punk ***" Rice didn't get enough pleasure by almost knocking the drummer down while breaking the line...he proceeded to walk back and get in the face of a friggen DRUMMER.

Yeah, you're really cool Ray Rice. What a tough guy you are.