PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout a flea flicker?

kcnative
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I think that early on, Haley needs to work on some misdirection (the fake end around), HB pass, fleaflicker action...something to keep the D from focusing on the running game so much.

Provided the blocking is there, I'd love to see something like that, especially if they are keying in on Charles.

Who knows..."We might just bust one right open, Rex..."

Thoughts?

kcnative
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
So the fleaflicker idea was a bust...I still think it's a good idea!

:2bang9hj:

Hayvern
01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
So the fleaflicker idea was a bust...I still think it's a good idea!

:2bang9hj:

I am trying to remember the last time I have seen a team in the NFL use it. It does not seem to be such a popular play anymore. It may be because defenses can see it coming a mile away.

kcnative
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
KC actually used it one other time this year...can't remember who it was against...49ers, maybe? And it resulted in a long TD pass to Bowe.

Something I read earlier today was that KC should try to pass to set up the run (instead of vice versa), since Balt's run D is so much better than vs. the pass.

Either way, I do think KC needs to do SOMETHING because considering how good D's (well, at least the best D's we've played) have stuffed our running game, I am not sure if KC can be successful just straight up running the ball.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
KC actually used it one other time this year...can't remember who it was against...49ers, maybe? And it resulted in a long TD pass to Bowe.

Something I read earlier today was that KC should try to pass to set up the run (instead of vice versa), since Balt's run D is so much better than vs. the pass.

Either way, I do think KC needs to do SOMETHING because considering how good D's (well, at least the best D's we've played) have stuffed our running game, I am not sure if KC can be successful just straight up running the ball.
Ya it was the 49ers.... Also the Chiefs need to have a balanced attack until they get the lead. The best thing we can do against the Ravens is make them start thinking about what they are doing instead of just letting them react.

kcnative
01-07-2011, 12:55 PM
After watching it, it wasn't a traditional flea flicker, and I don't know if something this slow to develop would work against Balt, but I like the idea.

YouTube - Kansas City Chiefs Flea Flicker Vs 49ers

I guess the point is, something that keeps Balt from pouncing every time they see Cassel start to hand the ball off.

kcnative
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Ya it was the 49ers.... Also the Chiefs need to have a balanced attack until they get the lead. The best thing we can do against the Ravens is make them start thinking about what they are doing instead of just letting them react.

Agreed. The Titans game was a great example...Weis had TN wondering WTF was going on, early...and next thing you know, we're up by 21 pts.

I LOVED the (early) playcalling in that game.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Agreed. The Titans game was a great example...Weis had TN wondering WTF was going on, early...and next thing you know, we're up by 21 pts.

I LOVED the (early) playcalling in that game.
If I am not mistaking I believe that 5 different people touched the ball on the first serious as they marched the ball down the field. I hope we can spread the ball around like that Sunday.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I just don't want to see our first play on offense be running Jones up the middle. That's been done far to much this season seeing something diffrent would be nice.

kcnative
01-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I just don't want to see our first play on offense be running Jones up the middle. That's been done far to much this season seeing something diffrent would be nice.

Agreed, and I wish they'd use play action more than they do.

RAVENS DEN
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I think that early on, Haley needs to work on some misdirection (the fake end around), HB pass, fleaflicker action...something to keep the D from focusing on the running game so much.

Provided the blocking is there, I'd love to see something like that, especially if they are keying in on Charles.

Who knows..."We might just bust one right open, Rex..."

Thoughts?

That would be a good idea,might work.

(someones been watching the RAVENS lol)

Hayvern
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM

It might have been done a lot, but I can say that i like the first play calling better now than in recent history.

It seemed like all those years before, EVERY first play of the game was going to be a Larry Johnson run right up the middle.

This year at least they have mixed it up.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Well I doubt we see a whole lot of Jones Sunday. I mean this is do or die and you run Charles until he cant run no more and then run him some more :D

wilqb16
01-08-2011, 03:21 AM
I like the idea of a flea flicker or a pitchback pass in the first series. I really hope we don't come out and play conservative because if we do I think we lose.

Cassel needs to put the ball up at least 30 times on Sunday and take advantage of a Ravens D that ranked 21st against the pass and had only 27 sacks.

matthewschiefs
01-08-2011, 12:19 PM
It might have been done a lot, but I can say that i like the first play calling better now than in recent history.

It seemed like all those years before, EVERY first play of the game was going to be a Larry Johnson run right up the middle.

This year at least they have mixed it up.

That is very true. I rember watching some of those games in the past and seeing other teams ds Ignoreing our recivers on the field. You would think our former head coach would have seen that and said hey lets throw the football.

matthewschiefs
01-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Well I doubt we see a whole lot of Jones Sunday. I mean this is do or die and you run Charles until he cant run no more and then run him some more :D

I think that we are going to see about the same of Jones. I just hope we run him more to the outside instead of up the middle. He has looked better running anywere but up the middle. Running up the middel is just something that we are not that good at.

1KC_Fan
01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Flea flicker was 49r game as was big Mo,s td catch. We have to mix it up or we are dead..blitz blitz blitz

Chiefster
01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I think we have to take whatever predictability we can out of the equation.

kcnative
01-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Haley must have been reading this board because they DID try a fleaflicker!

Unfortunately, the Oline sucked on the play and allowed the Ravens to pressure Cassel.

Fortunately he was able to scramble free for a few yards but it wasn't the big play I'd hoped it would be.

rodu
01-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Unfortunately, the Oline sucked on the play and allowed the Ravens to pressure Cassel.

Fortunately he was able to scramble free for a few yards but it wasn't the big play I'd hoped it would be.

I think Curtis was open deep down the left sidelines on that play, but yeah, no way Cassel could have hit him without setting up

Hayvern
01-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Yeah, that play was a prime example of why that play is not useful. It took so much time to develop and it really saved nothing, by the time Cassel got the ball, he had to head off to the races.