PDA

View Full Version : arrowhead

slc chief
01-06-2011, 09:32 PM
i can not wait to see and hear how loud the stadium is gonna be.flacco does not know what is in store for him

stricken721
01-06-2011, 10:11 PM
It should be a lot of fun to see him. Flacco's stays aren't that good on the road when he is in the playoffs. Let's hope KC makes them even worse :D

tornadospotter
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
:sign0151: May the Storm winds caused by the voices of the Chiefs Nation, create chaos to the birds of the flock.

YouTube - Arrowhead chant

matthewschiefs
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I can't wait to see what the crowd looks like Sunday. I hope that it is even louder then it was for the MNF game was.

hometeam
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
its gonna be wild. I hope it puts the MNF game to shame.

Boxermm187
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
can't wait to get there. leaving Friday morning to kc

jwill 747
01-06-2011, 11:47 PM
cmon guys... i went to the mnf game and it was intense but i hope you guys reach new decibels... also i heard it might snow

reded
01-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

RAVENS DEN
01-07-2011, 03:29 AM
i can not wait to see and hear how loud the stadium is gonna be.flacco does not know what is in store for him

They have been practicing at their facilty with loud speakers turned ALL THE WAY UP.

Should help but still think it will be difficult for the OFFENSE. Doesnt matter anyways stupid Cam Cameron calls all the plays and Joe Flacco cant audible out of them, once in a while he will ignore him and actually get better results.

The dumb Offensive Cord. is holding the OFFENSE back, thats why when the RAVENS are up by lets say 6 or 7 points,we play prevent and try to run the clock out when its the beginning of the 3 rd quarter ,(and thats why the ravens dont score in the 3rd quarter but the RAVENS dont let the opposing team score in the 3rd quarter either). Cams acting like we are winning by 21 points, thats why we lost to the P.O.S PATRIOTS.

Thanks CAM:beat_DeadHorse:

RAVENS DEN
01-07-2011, 03:36 AM
It should be a lot of fun to see him. Flacco's stays aren't that good on the road when he is in the playoffs. Let's hope KC makes them even worse :D

He played with a bad hip last yr in the play offs and were causing him trouble throwing because he couldnt plant properly and scramble like he sometimes does. Not making excuses but its the truth look it up

5oclock_charlie
01-07-2011, 10:47 AM

I know Arrowhead can be insanely noisy, but it's unlikely that a guy who has been in playoff games at Pittsburgh and New England "does not know what is in store for him".

Ryfo18
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I know Arrowhead can be insanely noisy, but it's unlikely that a guy who has been in playoff games at Pittsburgh and New England "does not know what is in store for him".

Perhaps...but I think you're in for a surprise. It will be interesting to see how many false starts you guys have. When the Chargers came to town on Monday night in week 1, it was an endless amount of them. That's probably as amped as the crowd was all year, and I imagine it will be crazier on Sunday.

Hayvern
01-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Phillip Rivers had PLAYED at Arrowhead before and he was unprepared for the level of sound that Arrowhead puts out.

I was in the crowd and it was frightening. I guarantee you that neither New England or Pittsburgh is as loud as Arrowhead.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
He played with a bad hip last yr in the play offs and were causing him trouble throwing because he couldnt plant properly and scramble like he sometimes does. Not making excuses but its the truth look it up
This will be the loudest place Flacco will have been in and I'm not so sure if he is going to beable to handle it. I mean come on Phillils Rivers was crying like a little baby that he is during the MNF game. We are gonna try and 125 decimals. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Are you going to the game Sunday?

5oclock_charlie
01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
This will be the loudest place Flacco will have been in and I'm not so sure if he is going to beable to handle it. I mean come on Phillils Rivers was crying like a little baby that he is during the MNF game. We are gonna try and 125 decimals. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Philip Rivers is a baby, so it's no surprise he acted like one. I can almost guarantee the Ravens will have false starts; why wouldn't they? They do it at home, too. But Flacco is the guy I'm least worried about when it comes to crowd noise. Handling your pass rush is a different matter.

Canada
01-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I know Arrowhead can be insanely noisy, but it's unlikely that a guy who has been in playoff games at Pittsburgh and New England "does not know what is in store for him".You obviously havent ever been to Arrowhead before. Its scary lound in there. Not Pittsburg loud, or New England loud or speakers turned all the way up loud...Its ARROWHEAD loud!! He will be surprised when he gets out there.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes, Philip Rivers is a baby, so it's no surprise he acted like one. I can almost guarantee the Ravens will have false starts; why wouldn't they? They do it at home, too. But Flacco is the guy I'm least worried about when it comes to crowd noise. Handling your pass rush is a different matter.
Something that IMO is going to be trouble for you guys is the match up With Oeher (I probably didnt spell it right) and Hali considering that Oeher has a sprained knee.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Al Saunders was talking on the radio in Kansas City and he was saying that he has been trying to tell his players that Arrowhead is a different stadium than any other stadium that they have played in. He also said that he told him that Turning up the noise on the speakers wasnt even going to compare to what Arrowhead is going to be. I'm pretty sure Saunders knows what he is talkin about because he has seen it first hand.

5oclock_charlie
01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Something that IMO is going to be trouble for you guys is the match up With Oeher (I probably didnt spell it right) and Hali considering that Oeher has a sprained knee.

They're going to have to give Oher some help from a TE or RB.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
They're going to have to give Oher some help from a TE or RB.
Well if you bring Todd Heap over to help him then you are taking one of your threats down the field away

Ryfo18
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Well if you bring Todd Heap over to help him then you are taking one of your threats down the field away

They have Ed Dickson and Zach Miller too as blocking TE's.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
well then they r going to need to go with a 2 tightend offense because you know Romeo likes to move Hali from side to side.

5oclock_charlie
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Dickson is a lousy blocker, even for a rookie. Zach Miller doesn't play for the Ravens. If they have trouble with the pass rush, they will forego the extra downfield target some of the time and have Heap stay in to block.

Ryfo18
01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Dickson is a lousy blocker, even for a rookie. Zach Miller doesn't play for the Ravens. If they have trouble with the pass rush, they will forego the extra downfield target some of the time and have Heap stay in to block.

You're right...I was thinking the Zach Miller TE on the Jaguars (not Oakland)...What I get for not looking it up!

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Well the more Todd Heap stays in and blocks the better for the Chiefs :D

Lazeye
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I dont think you do, Arrowhead is the loudest recorded stadium in the NFL at 120 dec. If you want pratice on that kind of noise level go stand behimd a boehing jet while it takes off. Oher has problems already with false starts (most on the team I think) then he will also have Hali hiding behind that black shield running around him all day. most all wanted the jets but looking at who we got I am very excited. Maybe Arenas can pull a daunte hall on the dirty birds and run one back.
flacco can handle the noise:efpge: oh no he cant!!!

5oclock_charlie
01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
You're right...I was thinking the Zach Miller TE on the Jaguars (not Oakland)...What I get for not looking it up!

That's OK, I don't know your 3rd string tight end either. :smile

Ryfo18
01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
That's OK, I don't know your 3rd string tight end either. :smile

If you haven't heard of Jake O'Connell, well then you've had your head under a rock!

kcnative
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Regarding the noise...

The loudest I've heard it was in the late 90's I think. The game Kimble Anders tore his Achilles in. It was the first game I'd been to since the Chiefs had had their resurgence. I was in a lower level end zone seat. I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs and absolutely could not hear myself. Nothing but white noise is the best way to describe it.

I've been back a few times since, and have yet to hear it that loud. I imagine that's what the SD MNF game sounded like, and I imagine that's what it's going to sound like on Sunday.

It's hard to even THINK in that atmosphere...let alone communicate.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Regarding the noise...

The loudest I've heard it was in the late 90's I think. The game Kimble Anders tore his Achilles in. It was the first game I'd been to since the Chiefs had had their resurgence. I was in a lower level end zone seat. I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs and absolutely could not hear myself. Nothing but white noise is the best way to describe it.

I've been back a few times since, and have yet to hear it that loud. I imagine that's what the SD MNF game sounded like, and I imagine that's what it's going to sound like on Sunday.

It's hard to even THINK in that atmosphere...let alone communicate.
The Monday Night game was like that. Also when we played Denver on Thanksgiving was pretty loud too. When I go home and if for some reason I havn't lost my voice then I believe I did not do my part as a Chief fan :sAng_scream:

Hayvern
01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
The Monday Night game was like that. Also when we played Denver on Thanksgiving was pretty loud too. When I go home and if for some reason I havn't lost my voice then I believe I did not do my part as a Chief fan :sAng_scream:

That is exactly how it was at the MNF game. I think the pre-game show really helped get the crowd into it that day.

I came home on Tuesday and it took almost a week for me to fully get my voice back after that game, then we went back for hte 49ers game and I did it all over again.

Lazeye
01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
That is what makes us the best fan base in all of sports, we take our role serious and with pride. I have lost my voice at home watching the game on tv and at the bar

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
That is what makes us the best fan base in all of sports, we take our role serious and with pride. I have lost my voice at home watching the game on tv and at the bar
Its so funny though because I have a friend that isnt a Chiefs fan and I took him to one of the games this year and he was shocked how much pride all us Chief fans take into making the offense call timeouts and false starts.

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
i cant go into a bar and watch the Chiefs game because they would kick me out :lol: :drunkhb:

Canada
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
i cant go into a bar and watch the Chiefs game because they would kick me out :lol: :drunkhb:There was a bar down the street from my old house called The Flats (it was a Cleveland Browns bar) and I was a regular. When we played the Browns 6 or 7 years ago. (The game when the Browns player took his helmet off celebrating a win and got a 15 yard penalty for us to kick the winning FG) When we won, I stood up on the bar cheering as loud as I could. I ran through the bar and the kitchen high fiving all the staff and then right out the back door before anyone could catch me!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Then I spent the rest of the season putting little Arrowhead stickers on everything in the bar!! :chiefs:

kcnative
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
There was a bar down the street from my old house called The Flats (it was a Cleveland Browns bar) and I was a regular. When we played the Browns 6 or 7 years ago. (The game when the Browns player took his helmet off celebrating a win and got a 15 yard penalty for us to kick the winning FG) When we won, I stood up on the bar cheering as loud as I could. I ran through the bar and the kitchen high fiving all the staff and then right out the back door before anyone could catch me!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Then I spent the rest of the season putting little Arrowhead stickers on everything in the bar!! :chiefs:

Awesome.

:sSig_youtheman:

4everchiefsfan25
01-07-2011, 08:52 PM
There was a bar down the street from my old house called The Flats (it was a Cleveland Browns bar) and I was a regular. When we played the Browns 6 or 7 years ago. (The game when the Browns player took his helmet off celebrating a win and got a 15 yard penalty for us to kick the winning FG) When we won, I stood up on the bar cheering as loud as I could. I ran through the bar and the kitchen high fiving all the staff and then right out the back door before anyone could catch me!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Then I spent the rest of the season putting little Arrowhead stickers on everything in the bar!! :chiefs::lol: why doesn't that suprise me? :bananen_smilies046:

Lazeye
01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I would pay money to see you do that

Boxermm187
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM

nice!

5oclock_charlie
01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Now that we know how the noise at Arrowhead affected Flacco, I'm curious: how loud was it? CBS muted the crowd noise to the point that it took something away from the excitement of the game.

So for those of you at the game, how loud was it? The Ravens didn't seem the least bit bothered; in fact, it may have been their first game this year without a false start or wasted timeout.