PDA

View Full Version : Perspective from a Steelers fan:

StainlessStill
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

First and foremost I just want to congratulate ALL Kansas City fans for having a great season. Well deserved, especially since everyone and their mothers just waited for Kansas City to implode, which they never did.

I've pretty much been saying all year that if the Chiefs land a spot, that going INTO the new Arrowhead (which I believed to ALWAYS be the loudest and toughest place to play) would be very tough for any opponent to walk in there and get a victory. Arrowhead is your saving grace and for good measure, esp being out of the playoffs for a few years.

Out of all of the playoff teams in the AFC Conference, it's the Chiefs that are well equipped to play spoiler and I think you guys can get it done tomorrow against Baltimore, who I think is nowhere CLOSE to being as good as their 12-4 record indicates.

According to Baltimore fans on the Steelers boards, they are laughing this game off and pretend this game doesn't exist and they got a BYE. I say give them hell, get loud as ever and pull a big upset!

If our paths may cross, I'll be back to talk some football! Good luck, maim the Raturds!

-Steelers Nation

Chiefster
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey guys,

First and foremost I just want to congratulate ALL Kansas City fans for having a great season. Well deserved, especially since everyone and their mothers just waited for Kansas City to implode, which they never did.

I've pretty much been saying all year that if the Chiefs land a spot, that going INTO the new Arrowhead (which I believed to ALWAYS be the loudest and toughest place to play) would be very tough for any opponent to walk in there and get a victory. Arrowhead is your saving grace and for good measure, esp being out of the playoffs for a few years.

Out of all of the playoff teams in the AFC Conference, it's the Chiefs that are well equipped to play spoiler and I think you guys can get it done tomorrow against Baltimore, who I think is nowhere CLOSE to being as good as their 12-4 record indicates.

According to Baltimore fans on the Steelers boards, they are laughing this game off and pretend this game doesn't exist and they got a BYE. I say give them hell, get loud as ever and pull a big upset!

If our paths may cross, I'll be back to talk some football! Good luck, maim the Raturds!

-Steelers Nation

That's the plan! Great first post and welcome to the Crowd! :smile

slc chief
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
welcome it wont be funny to them when there fearless leader ray lewis is crying like a baby at the end of the game.because he is 1 and done

5oclock_charlie
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM

Post a link to those threads where Ravens fans are "laughing this game off". The vast majority of Ravens fans are taking this game very seriously. The only thing we're "laughing off" is Steeler trolls like you.

Coach
01-09-2011, 09:26 AM

-Steelers Nation
The winner of today's game will be visiting your stadium. I hope our paths cross.

5oclock_charlie
01-09-2011, 10:11 AM
As expected, Steeler troll drops a kruller and disappears.

1KC_Fan
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Sounds like steelers don't wanna meet the ravens..but ty

matthewschiefs
01-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Post a link to those threads where Ravens fans are "laughing this game off". The vast majority of Ravens fans are taking this game very seriously. The only thing we're "laughing off" is Steeler trolls like you.

I tend to believe him. THere are a few Ravens fans in our area that I no and they are takeing this game lightly. The hardcore fan base is takeing this game for being tough I am sure. But there are pleanty of fans that are proabley takeing us lightly. I hope your team does the same thing and thinks we are just going to go away. I don't think that will happen but would be happy if it does.

Raven-nator
01-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Squeeler fan is hoping not to face the Ravens again. The Ravens will handle these pansies today! Ravens are coming Squeeler fan!

5oclock_charlie
01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I tend to believe him. THere are a few Ravens fans in our area that I no and they are takeing this game lightly. The hardcore fan base is takeing this game for being tough I am sure. But there are pleanty of fans that are proabley takeing us lightly. I hope your team does the same thing and thinks we are just going to go away. I don't think that will happen but would be happy if it does.

Considering how the Ravens' offense has struggled and left the defense hanging week after week, no knowledgeable Ravens fan is taking this game lightly. As for the blowhard minority who are, every team has some of them, and we try to ignore them.

Raven-nator
01-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Here is the main reason the Ravens will win. The Ravens EXCEL at stopping what the Chiefs do best. Stopping the run. You do that and Cassel will be running for his life like he did againts the Raiders. The Raiders SUCK at stopping the run, yet still stopped the vaunted Chiefs running game. Stop the run, game over for the Chiefs.

RAVENS DEN
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

-Steelers Nation

The one and only reason your in here saying that is because you KNOW you dont want to see us, because you know whats going to happen. AND IF THE CHIEFS WIN i will be rooting for them to run that ball right down your throat.

Raven-nator
01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
The one and only reason your in here saying that is because you KNOW you dont want to see us, because you know whats going to happen. AND IF THE CHIEFS WIN i will be rooting for them to run that ball right down your throat.

EXACTLY BRO! Chiefs one and done!

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM

12-4 and the Ravens are one of the weaker teams in the conference?
3 straight trips to the playoffs, road playoff wins the last two seasons. One of the best head coaches in the NFL. Ray Lewis. Joe Flacco. Ray Rice. Suggs. Enough said.

To be honest I am anticipating a relatively easy win in KC tomorrow. So are most Baltimore fans according to the Sun article this morning. Many are not making the trip to KC because they are looking towards the next round of the playoffs.

Of course anything will happen on the road. But I think next weekend the Steelers will have the Ravens to worry about.And trust me, I'd rather see Balty than K.C. I think if K.C wins a playoff game, it's today. I don't see them going on the road to ANYWHERE and winning. Today may be their day. And how the hell am I a troll? I come to talk football and nothing else, we could have very good discussions if you don't want to be an ******* about it.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Honestly? I welcome a Baltimore playoff game. Roethlisberger OWNS you and you name me one big game Baltimore has EVER beat Pittsburgh in, esp in Heinz Field? Keep digging, because you won't find it!

And good luck for any team to run on Pittsburgh. We are possible the best EVER against the run, historically AND in the present.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
BTW Baltimoron fans, I ASSURE you that Pittsburgh fans want nothing more than a Baltimore rematch. Flacco is one of the most overrated QB's in the game today and will find a way to lose the game, esp against Pittsburgh's defense where he only won twice in his carreer and that came against Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon running the offense!

The only reason why I'm here is because the Raturds fans on our board thinking they have a BYE WEEK and overlooking K.C as well as anticipation of a possible Steelers/Chiefs matchup.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
You are very respectful of the chiefs to the chiefs crowd. For that, we welcome you StainlessStill

chief31
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Here is the main reason the Ravens will win. The Ravens EXCEL at stopping what the Chiefs do best. Stopping the run. You do that and Cassel will be running for his life like he did againts the Raiders. The Raiders SUCK at stopping the run, yet still stopped the vaunted Chiefs running game. Stop the run, game over for the Chiefs.

A. The Ravens can't stop this rushing attack.

B. The Ravens suck at getting to the QB. So even if they were to stop the run, they can't do what The Raiders did.

Who won that last meeting?

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Who won that last meeting?

Pittsburgh, in Baltimore. That was the game Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and his nose off the side of his face and still delivered. I watch a lot of Ravens games, they simply aren't that good. Mediocre at best.

chief31
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Pittsburgh, in Baltimore. That was the game Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and his nose off the side of his face and still delivered. I watch a lot of Ravens games, they simply aren't that good. Mediocre at best.

I knew the answer. The Steelers are the closest thing to a second favorite team, for me.

Just wanted to hear all the "ifs ands and buts".

RAVENS DEN
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
BTW Baltimoron fans, I ASSURE you that Pittsburgh fans want nothing more than a Baltimore rematch. Flacco is one of the most overrated QB's in the game today and will find a way to lose the game, esp against Pittsburgh's defense where he only won twice in his carreer and that came against Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon running the offense!

The only reason why I'm here is because the Raturds fans on our board thinking they have a BYE WEEK and overlooking K.C as well as anticipation of a possible Steelers/Chiefs matchup.

you guys werent be itching when you were winning with dixon and batch. and umm yea we still beat your DEFENSE in you house. nuff said. dont worry were coming and going to slaughter you. your team is the second seed only because you got away with one in MIAMI, and dont forget the BILLS game. oh yea you lost to the JETTS,SAINTS,PATS. Badly i might add, the game we lost atleast we were still in the game.

SQEELERS are going to be one and done http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

PITCH52BLACK
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey guys,

-Steelers Nation

typical Steelers fan! coming in here to spread lies about the Ravens. shame on you son! lol!

1st...the Ravens are well deserving of their 12-4. they "handed" the game on Dec 5th to the Steelers....i know it and you know it!

2nd...the Ravens, and we their fans have nothing but the utmost respect for the Chiefs and their organization and by know means were the Ravens or we fans sleeping on the Chiefs.

you came in here to stir up trouble because you steelers FEAR THE RAVENS and don't want to face them! well, get ready boy cause.....

HERE COMES THE RAVENS!!!

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
your team is the second seed only because you got away with one in MIAMI, and dont forget the BILLS game. oh yea you lost to the JETTS,SAINTS,PATS. Badly i might add, the game we lost atleast we were still in the game.

SQEELERS are going to be one and done http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

This is intelligence at its best ladies and gentleman, lmao.

You guys werent be itching when you were winning with dixon and batch. Dude, what does that even mean?

and umm yea we still beat your DEFENSE in you house. nuff said.Doesn't exclude the fact that if we get ONE first down, with our 4th string, journey-man quarterback in Charlie Batch, it's all over!

dont worry were coming and going to slaughter you.Is this clown serious? If you have EVER watched a Steelers/Ravens game, hardly EVER is it a "slaughter." Hasn't the last like 7 meetings been decided by 3 points or less? Nice comment jackoff. BTW: Joe Flaccid's record against the Steelers is 2-4. 2 of those wins came against Dennis Dixon ('09) and Charlie Batch ('10.) Moron.

oh yea you lost to the JETTS,SAINTS,PATS. Badly i might addDude, lay off the crack-pipe! The only game we lost big was to New England, which our whole starting offensive lineup were out with injury + Hines Ward. As for the Saints game, the Steelers were on their game winning drive when Heath Miller fumbled the ball in Saints territory. We lost 20-10 when the Saints kicked a garbage FG.

The Jets game, we actually had the ball on our 2 yard line when our backup tight end dropped 2 TD's in his hands. We also overcame a safety and a kick return. We lost 22-17, hardly getting "killed."

Doesn't matter, we own you and we will OWN you next week Baltimoron.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
PITCH52BLACK
typical Steelers fan! coming in here to spread lies about the Ravens.

Spread lies? What the hell are you talking about bigot?

they "handed" the game on Dec 5th to the Steelers....i know it and you know it!Please tell me in detail how we "handed" you the game? Troy Polamalu (just like his interception in the AFC Champ game in '08 against Flaccid) came ripping in and caused a turnover. We then scored a touchdown against the "vaunted" Ravens defense who rarely gives it up. Suck it up, we beat you down, always beat you down, and will do it again.

If you want to play that game, then we handed you the first game with Charlie Batch! We get one first down, it's over. If Ben is in the game, we sweep Baltimore. Ben ownes you.

And again, where does this "fear of the Ravens" come from? Pittsburgh does nothing but beat Baltimore in big games, period, end of story. I wanted Baltimore all along. Can't you read? (Don't answer that.)

Coach
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
typical Steelers fan! coming in here to spread lies about the Ravens. shame on you son! lol!

Ravens/Steeler fans, Go fight in your own forums.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Ravens/Steeler fans, Go fight in your own forums.

Good call! Good luck next season, Chiefs fans. Hang your head up high.