PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chiefs Most Improved Player

Coach
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2011/01/08/22/CHIEFSCOLTS2_SP_101010_DRE_0820g_01-09-2011_1P1JBHE8.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2011/01/08/22/CHIEFSCOLTS2_SP_101010_DRE_0820g_01-09-2011_1P1JBHE8.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)

Who in your estimation was the Kansas City Chiefs most improved player in 2011? Cassel, Bowe, Dorsey, DJ? Share your thoughts.

My vote goes to Matt Cassel.

stricken721
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
That's really a tough one... Matt Cassel played great this season and proved that he was the leader this team hoped he would be. But I don't think his leadership was fully in question. His statistical performance improved dramatically and that's where it matters most.

Bowe was excellent. I've questioned Bowe a lot, but that's because I'm a big fan of his. He started every game this season, set some Chiefs receiving records and put a lot of doubters to shame.

My vote goes to Bowe.

matthewschiefs
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Cassel for me and it's not even close. If he improves as much next season as this season then we will see much better things.

brish
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Bowe and Cassel both were good, but Bowe started out this way, then regressed.. In my book he got back what he lost.

So that leads me to vote Cassel.
He has shown what he is capable off, if we can get the rest together, then I think good things are comming..

Oooh.. DJ gets an honourable mention too, he has been fenominal!

slc chief
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
tamba hali for me he was a stud for us this year

Hayvern
01-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Bowe and Cassel both were good, but Bowe started out this way, then regressed.. In my book he got back what he lost.

So that leads me to vote Cassel.
He has shown what he is capable off, if we can get the rest together, then I think good things are comming..

Oooh.. DJ gets an honourable mention too, he has been fenominal!

I'm with Brish. Bowe to me is still the same receiver he has always been. Overrated and only put up the stats he did because we had no one else AND because Cassel got better at his position.

By far Cassel is most improved AND is the Chiefs Player of the Year bar no one else!

rodu
01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Cassel, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Flowers, Dorsey and even Alberts all improved this year to one extent or another, some more so than others
If Moeaki, Jackson, McCluster and other youngster can do the same, we'll be heading in the right direction

GoDJGoDJ
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll go with Bowe, even though he was invisible today.

rodu
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I wonder if Bowe is still sick?

chief31
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I have to go with Cassel as well.

But I would like to add the name Hali. He was pretty solid last season. But he became a beast this year.

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm going with Matt Cassel; I felt that his level of play had really increased starting with the final game of the 2009 season.

Coach
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
My vote is for Cassel as well. Hali was good last year, so tough to say say he was the most improved.

However, as someone stated earlier, you could make a very strong case for LB Derrick Johnson.

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I would have to say Cassel, but DJ and Hali are very close, I also think Dorsey made big improvements.

honda522
01-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Derrick Johnson. This guy was benched. Should have been super pissed and got his way out of the contract and onto another team. Instead he kept his cool and earn a starting spot and is the leading tackler on the team.

Chief Tyler
01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
DJ, for the sole reason that he improved his game without being afforded the same confidence and patience that the administration had with Cassel.

okikcfan
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I have to say Cassel. His overall improvement are a big reason we are 10-6 this year. Bowe made great strides but IMHO he still made some mistakes that cost us a game or two. I had hoped Dexter would have had a big impact this season but that was not the case.

aaronchieffan
01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I have to go with the Qb on this one. He took a HUGE step forward. Nothing but good things to come from him

4everchiefsfan25
01-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I have to vote for Cassel because I mean who honestly thought he was going to throw 27 touchdowns and 7 ints in the regular season? Not me thats for sure.

Connie Jo
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
For me it's a tie between Cassel & Bowe, although, I'd lean more towards voting for Bowe as most improved if I was forced to choose between the two. I feel that way mostly because many more fans had no faith in Bowe whatsoever, by comparison to those in numbers who had no faith in Cassel. Many held onto faith in Cassel remembering his accomplishments with the Pats, but Bowe had no accomplishments to reflect upon, and a vast majority of Chiefs fans lost faith/belief in Bowe during 2009.

I've retained 100% belief in Bowe since the Chiefs drafted him in 2007. I saw/see through the struggles, dropped passes...all are typical with evolution of a young WR. I clearly saw/see his talent/skill, & felt if he developed a relationship both on & off field with Cassel...his talent/skill would prevail. Well, it all came to pass, and laugh at me if you will, but we Chiefs fans may be witnessing the evolution of the next Montana & Rice in Cassel & Bowe!! ~Dreamin~...maybe, but then again, many of my dreams become realities, hahahaha. :)

Bike
01-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Derrick Johnson and Wallace Gilberry.
Cassel was/is an average qb. And if Bowe manages to get open, AND catch the ball, well goody for us. After watching Cassel and Bowe in our playoff game vs ravens last weekend - well, they could both take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

chief31
01-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Cassel was/is an average qb. And if Bowe manages to get open, AND catch the ball, well goody for us. After watching Cassel and Bowe in our playoff game vs ravens last weekend - well, they could both take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah. We hear ya. Everybody sucks.

Ryfo18
01-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Haha, you're right, let's just get rid of the guy that commanded a double team the whole game.

Chiefster
01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah. We hear ya. Everybody sucks.

Not me; I'm silently brilliant. :D

matthewschiefs
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM

I am going to have to see some proof of that sir:D

Chiefster
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM

I am under no obligation at all to prove anything to you ya young whipper-snapper! :11: :D

stevefuller
01-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Glen Dorsey

tornadospotter
01-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Prove is in the pudding.

Yes you are, You are.

Master Jedi

Chiefster
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Prove is in the pudding.

Yes you are, You are.

Master Jedi

You have learned well my young padawan.

Connie Jo
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Bowe Rocks!! Ha! :)

KCCHIEFN
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
That's a toughy. Lol. I think the whole team improved a ton which allowed each individual to grow and improve. Kudos to the whole team. Sorry if thats not answer u was looking for. GO CHIEFS!!!

Ryfo18
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
That's a toughy. Lol. I think the whole team improved a ton which allowed each individual to grow and improve. Kudos to the whole team. Sorry if thats not answer u was looking for. GO CHIEFS!!!

Nice first post, welcome to the crowd!

Vanilla Garilla
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Welcome to the Crowd!

4everchiefsfan25
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Agreed 100% and Welcome to the Crowd :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-02-2011, 09:45 PM

it's as legitimate as any other.

Welcome to the Crowd! :smile

josh1971
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Like some of the others have said- this is a tough one. But, I'd have to got with DJ. Hali has always been good, and his stats this year were an indication that there were more weapons around him- freeing him up to go get the QB! :D

But DJ, getting a chance to be on the field a LOT more, stepped up, and played incredibly well to solidify our middle D.

Cassel was much improved, Bowe was still about the same, and MANY others continue to get better, but I think the most marked improvement was DJ's.