PDA

View Full Version : The key to victory is a great QB

kcsusan
01-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I think our defense is great enough to of won the Playoff Game with Baltimore.

I have watched time and again in games Matt Cassel has played, he just refuses to run with the ball when he is in a corner. His passes were not working out, the throw from the pocket position, when it becomes ineffective, anytime you get that ball and not knowing where to throw it, develope your body, your legs, your running ability, if you can't find somebody to throw to, then take that ball and run with it.

I am not knowledgeable too much about football, and forgive me. Yet as a layman fan, I can tell you right now, and from the perspectful of having great athletic ability as a young person, this is a big problem.

Matt has had his games, I have nothing against this guy. He looks like a QB, careful with his throws, yet the interceptions in a playoff game are just unacceptable.

Say all you want, along time ago, I was fortunate enough to see the great chiefs of old with Len Dawson as our quarterback, and the aged Joe Montana as our hail mary quarterback. Both those old guys, with less padding, serious injuries in their day yet able to nail it on those long passes. So you compensate when your ability is not the long pass.

Just learn to scramble Matt, for gods sake, you are a young guy, develope your legs move and pass, find the man you want to throw to, if not play for a little time, run the ball find the opening and go for it. I just feel it is what he needs to be a super quarterback. If your legs are weak Matt, I don't know what to tell you, just build them up more than you ever had.

We had a scrambler qb who played behind Len Dawson, and a darn good player, much like Matt played behind Tom Brady. I am not remembering the backup qb for Len, but he would come out, all rusty from very little games, and by gosh he would nail his pocket passes, and scramble alot. You need to dig out the old films and take a look at his style. Now you won't do that, you will just say the standard answer, take it a day at a time, just didn't have it, or some other excuse for losing. You guys get more money than Len Dawson and his backup qb got in their lifetime career.

We are tired in KC of losing, all the passing in to Jamal Charles, McCluster and bowe who all really deserve to catch and carry the ball. You have to decide in your own mind what motivates you to win.

Baltimore came out hating us, so did other teams who have beat us, they are more up for winning than we are. We come out of that tunnel with almost the loosers face. It is quite visible. The win is going to go to the one who wants it the most, they make it happen and it never stops from game 1 of the season, and doesn't end until the Super Bowl is finally won.

Kansas City has a really smart coach in Todd Haley, yet it is his job also to motivate this team to victory. I thought our players being smaller and quicker would be a real advantage today, we could of worn out those big guys, and used defense tailores to that team specificially.

So sorry we loose again, another one bits the dust. Maybe we need that song as the final minutes tick off at of all places Arrowhead, where loosing used to be never an option. In recent years, the personal paychecks are what motivates, not pride as men, or players with supreme athletic ability. We don't hate our enemy enough on the field at any time to outsmart their defense or offense. Oh for the days of Hank Stram's leadership.

the bloody Oakland Raider Games, the reall rivalry with the Denver Broncos. Doesn't exist anymore, maybe the new Hunt boss hasn't a clue about instilling desire to win and win big. We always are let down so many times, you feel you don't want to see another game again, because you know what the outcome is.

The last team we had that I consider a contender was a playoff game in Buffalo and Joe Montana, in a very cold hard game, in his aging years, wasn't able to pull off the win. He was a haily mary thrower, hall of famer.

Happened to beat Denver one time with about 12 seconds on the board. Why can't our players reach theirselves up 2 or 3 notches to play the games of their lives. I guess it will never happen

Hayvern
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I think our defense is great enough to of won the Playoff Game with Baltimore. I have watched time and again in games Matt Cassel has played, he just refuses to run with the ball when he is in a corner. His passes were not working out, the throw from the pocket position, when it becomes ineffective, anytime you get that ball and not knowing where to throw it, develope your body, your legs, your running ability, if you can't find somebody to throw to, then take that ball and run with it. I am not knowledgeable too much about football, and forgive me. Yet as a layman fan, I can tell you right now, and from the perspectful of having great athletic ability as a young person, this is a big problem. Matt has had his games, I have nothing against this guy. He looks like a QB, careful with his throws, yet the interceptions in a playoff game are just unacceptable. Say all you want, along time ago, I was fortunate enough to see the great chiefs of old with Len Dawson as our quarterback, and the aged Joe Montana as our hail mary quarterback. Both those old guys, with less padding, serious injuries in their day yet able to nail it on those long passes. So you compensate when your ability is not the long pass. Just learn to scramble Matt, for gods sake, you are a young guy, develope your legs move and pass, find the man you want to throw to, if not play for a little time, run the ball find the opening and go for it. I just feel it is what he needs to be a super quarterback. If your legs are weak Matt, I don't know what to tell you, just build them up more than you ever had. We had a scrambler qb who played behind Len Dawson, and a darn good player, much like Matt played behind Tom Brady. I am not remembering the backup qb for Len, but he would come out, all rusty from very little games, and by gosh he would nail his pocket passes, and scramble alot. You need to dig out the old films and take a look at his style. Now you won't do that, you will just say the standard answer, take it a day at a time, just didn't have it, or some other excuse for losing. You guys get more money than Len Dawson and his backup qb got in their lifetime career. We are tired in KC of losing, all the passing in to Jamal Charles, McCluskey and bowe who all really deserve to catch and carry the ball. You have to decide in your own mind what motivates you to win. Baltimore came out hating us, so did other teams who have beat us, they are more up for winning than we are. We come out of that tunnel with almost the loosers face. It is quite visible. The win is going to go to the one who wants it the most, they make it happen and it never stops from game 1 of the season, and doesn't end until the Super Bowl is finally won. Kansas City has a really smart coach in Todd Haley, yet it is his job also to motivate this team to victory. I thought our players being smaller and quicker would be a real advantage today, we could of worn out those big guys, and used defense tailores to that team specificially. So sorry we loose again, another one bits the dust. Maybe we need that song as the final minutes tick off at of all places Arrowhead, where loosing used to be never an option. In recent years, the personal paychecks are what motivates, not pride as men, or players with supreme athletic ability. We don't hate our enemy enough on the field at any time to outsmart their defense or offense. Oh for the days of Hank Stram's leadership. the bloody Oakland Raider Games, the reall rivalry with the Denver Broncos. Doesn't exist anymore, maybe the new Hunt boss hasn't a clue about instilling desire to win and win big. We always are let down so many times, you feel you don't want to see another game again, because you know what the outcome is. The last team we had that I consider a contender was a playoff game in Buffalo and Joe Montana, in a very cold hard game, in his aging years, wasn't able to pull off the win. He was a haily mary thrower, hall of famer. Happened to beat Denver one time with about 12 seconds on the board. Why can't our players reach theirselves up 2 or 3 notches to play the games of their lives. I guess it will never happen

Dude or Dudette, sentences and paragraphs are your friend. I tried to read this, but, well gave up!

4everchiefsfan25
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Its only Monday my brain is still hurting from our loss yesterday thats too much to read :lol:

4everchiefsfan25
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
but welcome to the Crowd any way:D

Hayvern
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
What I can say about what I read is this:

Cassel is not going to play like Michael Vick, so running with the ball is always going to be the last resort.

I would rather have an offensive line that will give a little more time for our receivers to get open, than I would to have Matt Cassel tuck the ball and run all the time. We have to let our other players make plays.

We have made some long plays this season, but Haley is a guy that calls plays on the odds, and the odds that a long pass play is going to be completed are pretty low over all. Additionally, we do not have the receivers to make long pass plays. We need faster receivers to be able to do that, all our guys are just too slow.

McCluster is one exception to that, but he is also too small to go up against 6 foot tall cornerbacks and win, even with his speed.

Vanilla Garilla
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Paragraphs will help you get your point across better friend, I could not read.

Although, I will agree with what i read (the first sentence).

LOL welcome to Chiefs Crowd BTW!

stricken721
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the Chiefs Crowd!

:sign0153:

Coach
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I can't read it either. Too bad. Should we make the font bigger on this site?

chief31
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I think our defense is great enough to of won the Playoff Game with Baltimore.

I have watched time and again in games Matt Cassel has played, he just refuses to run with the ball when he is in a corner. His passes were not working out, the throw from the pocket position, when it becomes ineffective, anytime you get that ball and not knowing where to throw it, develope your body, your legs, your running ability, if you can't find somebody to throw to, then take that ball and run with it.

I am not knowledgeable too much about football, and forgive me. Yet as a layman fan, I can tell you right now, and from the perspectful of having great athletic ability as a young person, this is a big problem.

Matt has had his games, I have nothing against this guy. He looks like a QB, careful with his throws, yet the interceptions in a playoff game are just unacceptable.

Say all you want, along time ago, I was fortunate enough to see the great chiefs of old with Len Dawson as our quarterback, and the aged Joe Montana as our hail mary quarterback. Both those old guys, with less padding, serious injuries in their day yet able to nail it on those long passes. So you compensate when your ability is not the long pass.

Just learn to scramble Matt, for gods sake, you are a young guy, develope your legs move and pass, find the man you want to throw to, if not play for a little time, run the ball find the opening and go for it. I just feel it is what he needs to be a super quarterback. If your legs are weak Matt, I don't know what to tell you, just build them up more than you ever had.

We had a scrambler qb who played behind Len Dawson, and a darn good player, much like Matt played behind Tom Brady. I am not remembering the backup qb for Len, but he would come out, all rusty from very little games, and by gosh he would nail his pocket passes, and scramble alot. You need to dig out the old films and take a look at his style. Now you won't do that, you will just say the standard answer, take it a day at a time, just didn't have it, or some other excuse for losing. You guys get more money than Len Dawson and his backup qb got in their lifetime career.

We are tired in KC of losing, all the passing in to Jamal Charles, McCluster and bowe who all really deserve to catch and carry the ball. You have to decide in your own mind what motivates you to win.

Baltimore came out hating us, so did other teams who have beat us, they are more up for winning than we are. We come out of that tunnel with almost the loosers face. It is quite visible. The win is going to go to the one who wants it the most, they make it happen and it never stops from game 1 of the season, and doesn't end until the Super Bowl is finally won.

Kansas City has a really smart coach in Todd Haley, yet it is his job also to motivate this team to victory. I thought our players being smaller and quicker would be a real advantage today, we could of worn out those big guys, and used defense tailores to that team specificially.

So sorry we loose again, another one bits the dust. Maybe we need that song as the final minutes tick off at of all places Arrowhead, where loosing used to be never an option. In recent years, the personal paychecks are what motivates, not pride as men, or players with supreme athletic ability. We don't hate our enemy enough on the field at any time to outsmart their defense or offense. Oh for the days of Hank Stram's leadership.

the bloody Oakland Raider Games, the reall rivalry with the Denver Broncos. Doesn't exist anymore, maybe the new Hunt boss hasn't a clue about instilling desire to win and win big. We always are let down so many times, you feel you don't want to see another game again, because you know what the outcome is.

The last team we had that I consider a contender was a playoff game in Buffalo and Joe Montana, in a very cold hard game, in his aging years, wasn't able to pull off the win. He was a haily mary thrower, hall of famer.

Happened to beat Denver one time with about 12 seconds on the board. Why can't our players reach theirselves up 2 or 3 notches to play the games of their lives. I guess it will never happen

Even with some spacing, that is still a mouthful.:lol:

Modern NFL QBs are not encouraged to do alot of running. Even Micheal Vick is asked to use it as a last resort.

We really didn't run enough plays on offense Sunday, for me to be judgmental
about rather or not Matt should have been scrambling for yardage.

And, with no downfield camera angles, it's impossible for me to say rather receivers were open or not.

But scrambling, instead of throwing the bad passes, sure would have helped. :D

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I can't read it either. Too bad. Should we make the font bigger on this site?

I think the font size is fine; it can be adjusted anyway. The thread starter just needs to incorporate some sentence structure and incorporate paragraphs.

Ryfo18
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I think the font size is fine; it can be adjusted anyway. The thread starter just needs to incorporate some sentence structure and incorporate paragraphs.

I thought that was your job to fix?

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Thank you for your editing expertise chief31! Rep!

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought that was your job to fix?

What was my job to fix? Incorporating sentence structure and paragraphs? Chief31 has beat me to it. :D

Ryfo18
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
What was my job to fix? Incorporating sentence structure and paragraphs? Chief31 has beat me to it. :D

Haha, I said it joking, and chief31 actually did it.

Now I'm going to read what she said!

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Haha, I said it joking, and chief31 actually did it.

Now I'm going to read what she said!

I figured as much. :D

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Now I can read it, and I can see your point. What you are saying is become a playmaker, and we had one, back when we had the defense and all around team to do it. That QB decision is about the only thing Marty did that ticked me off. He let this playmaker go, and he did, took the raiders to the SB.