PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fans Are Lame?!?!

chiefs4matt
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
To say I was disappointed in the attendance at todays game would be an understatement. I wasn't impressed with how many seats were open for a playoff game.. This article calls our fans lame for it:

Kansas City Chiefs Fans Are Lame | bringingthehouse.com (http://bringingthehouse.com/2011/01/09/kansas-city-chiefs-fans-are-lame/)

But I disagree. I think at the very least the fans who show up give the team their all..

azchiefsfan
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I told my wife the stadium was not nearly as loud as usual. What's with the (sorry-haven't been there since 1999) yellow middle section being nearly empty? Is that the corporate seating area? I've been to a couple games here in Az and it is common for the corporate section to be near empty, but I've NEVER seen that at Arrowhead. What is the deal with that?

SIC J
01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I read a lot of tickets by the Ravens were given back. Didn't say how many. Maybe they did it on purpose to keep the Chiefs fans out so it wouldn't be as loud?

Not likely but who knows.

chiefs4matt
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I think it must be the corporate section (middle sections like that usualy are).. Still it wasn't something I expected to see at a game of this magnitude from our fans..

reded
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I told my wife the stadium was not nearly as loud as usual. What's with the (sorry-haven't been there since 1999) yellow middle section being nearly empty? Is that the corporate seating area? I've been to a couple games here in Az and it is common for the corporate section to be near empty, but I've NEVER seen that at Arrowhead. What is the deal with that?

Anyone in the Gold section has access to the Club Level facilities which is indoors with many tables and TV's.

chiefs4matt
01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I think it all kind of diminished the "home field advantage" effect that I feel is better at Arrowhead than other places in the league..

iratefan
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
hello... people are poor. we have 43 mil people on food stamps. not everyone can afford tix anymore. but i did notice on tv that it wadnt ad loud as i remember it being in the past. qwest field made arrowhead look like a playground :/

TöpChiefsFan
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Those yellow seats are always empty. Every game that I have been to they have been empty (even during the game).

kcnative
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
They are upwards of $250 per ticket.

That and the article (which I haven't read yet) aside, I was very disappointed. I was in the upper level but the ENTIRE row in front of us was completely empty, as was another about 15 rows in front of us (which we proceeded to move down to). A number of the fans in front of us not only weren't loud...but the guy directly in front of me stood there with his arms crossed and I didn't see him say a word the entire game.

While the vast majority of the fans were great, I was disappointed overall. This was my first playoff game and it paled in comparison to the reg season crowds in the 90's and even during the DV era.

Not only does the team have some work to do to improve...so do the fans.

JMO

chiefs4matt
01-09-2011, 11:54 PM
They are upwards of $250 per ticket.

That and the article (which I haven't read yet) aside, I was very disappointed. I was in the upper level but the ENTIRE row in front of us was completely empty, as was another about 15 rows in front of us (which we proceeded to move down to). A number of the fans in front of us not only weren't loud...but the guy directly in front of me stood there with his arms crossed and I didn't see him say a word the entire game.

While the vast majority of the fans were great, I was disappointed overall. This was my first playoff game and it paled in comparison to the reg season crowds in the 90's and even during the DV era.

Not only does the team have some work to do to improve...so do the fans.

JMO

Right.. and although I think the article title is a little harsh I'd have to agree with the statement, "As a fan of the Chiefs are you disappointed by your teams effort on the field? Well look no further than the stadium of open seats around you. They gave YOU the same effort you game THEM."

Fans feed off the team and the team feeds off the fans..

kcnative
01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Agreed...and when they started filing out halfway through the 4th quarter, I yelled at them...but honestly I understood after a few more mins. Both the team and the fans were a big disappointment today.

BAH...I'm out for the night...gonna sleep off this bad mood.

Good news is they were MUCH better than I ever expected and I was more than happy to be sitting there at a home playoff game...even though they did choke it way when it mattered.

It looks like we're on the road to improvement though (story of my life). Okay I really AM going to bed to sleep off this bad mood.

Grrrrr :ninerssuck:

bbacker51
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Why did they put that nice of a lobby for the middle ring? I know it probably makes them plenty of money, but it is never full, and quite frankly embarassing to see on TV. I was also surprised to see som many empty seats.........

okikcfan
01-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Well read this....

Scout.com: Arrowhead Faithful Are Here to Stay (http://kan.scout.com/2/1038293.html)

4everchiefsfan25
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I was at the game and I thought the crowd was great until things got out of hand

chiefnut
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
i'm glad i could not afford it this time, i would have been really bummed by the game and lack of fans. i only made the trip once, 2004 halloween colts game which was incredible. even my wife the jets fan was impressed. sounds like they ruined a good thing w/the corporate section

stadw0n306
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Always wondered what those yellow seats in the middle were for, they are always half full..sometimes not even half full.

chiefs4matt
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I've noticed the middle section at Gillette for the Patriots can sometimes be empty too.. Difference is that it is red so it doesn't quite stick out as much as the yellow at Arrowhead.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I read a lot of tickets by the Ravens were given back. Didn't say how many. Maybe they did it on purpose to keep the Chiefs fans out so it wouldn't be as loud?

Not likely but who knows.
Very possible, even in a losing season the chiefs stadium is known for being one of the loudest in NFL.

billb40
01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Right.. and although I think the article title is a little harsh I'd have to agree with the statement, "As a fan of the Chiefs are you disappointed by your teams effort on the field? Well look no further than the stadium of open seats around you. They gave YOU the same effort you game THEM."

Fans feed off the team and the team feeds off the fans..
There were a lot of empty seat thru out the stadium upper deck, lower deck, less expensive to high dollar. Bottom line the Chiefs Nation did not come out in mass for a PlayOff game. We can point fingers but WE are not blameless. IMHO:crucified:
Do not blame the weather my group sat the entire game no sweat if you dressed correctly.

billb40
01-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Heck the North section could not even get close to completing the arrowhead with the cards. That was really embarrassing!!! So Chiefs Nation what do you have to say about your lack of support and attendance for the first PLAYOFF GAME IN YEARS. Course blame is placed on the coaches and players but we share with our lack of attendance. Years past one could not hear on a 3rd down attempt by an opponent Sunday the fans that where there gave all they had but there where not enough to strike the fear in the opponent that has happened before at ARROWHEAD, the past loudest stadium in the NFL.