PDA

View Full Version : A record not to be proud of

Fastphilly
01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
With this loss, the Chiefs now have the most consecutive post season losses in NFL history. It does'nt matter if we are the #1 or #6 seed, we always seem to be one and done in the playoffs everytime and I'm tired of it..I always hear about how tough it is for visiting teams to win at Arrowhead, maybe the regular season but in the postseason this is the easiest place to get a win...When I see a 7-9 Seahawks team that we beat soundly knock off a good Saints team, and then watch our team get blown out it realy leaves me frustrated..When are we finally going to send a team packing? I don't want to see us consistantly be a stepping stone for another team making their way through the playoffs..I know this is a rebuilding year and they did overachieve so I'm not as bent on this loss as I have on other playoff games in the past, but it still hurts.

Hayvern
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
With this loss, the Chiefs now have the most consecutive post season losses in NFL history. It does'nt matter if we are the #1 or #6 seed, we always seem to be one and done in the playoffs everytime and I'm tired of it..I always hear about how tough it is for visiting teams to win at Arrowhead, maybe the regular season but in the postseason this is the easiest place to get a win...When I see a 7-9 Seahawks team that we beat soundly knock off a good Saints team, and then watch our team get blown out it realy leaves me frustrated..When are we finally going to send a team packing? I don't want to see us consistantly be a stepping stone for another team making their way through the playoffs..I know this is a rebuilding year and they did overachieve so I'm not as bent on this loss as I have on other playoff games in the past, but it still hurts.

Agreed, I hope we are on the right path to get there. I am not disappointed with the season overall, we can hold our heads high, and we seem to be moving in the right direction.

captainamerica
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
This game and this team is not the reason we have this record. The reason we have this record is Marty. This team is young and will be back. I'm positive of that. This playoff experience will help us in the long run.

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
All I will say, is Chiefs will!

Yes I am a homer! And damm proud to be one. I believe we will win every game we play. I also believe we will not win every game we do not.

honda522
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
You can be one of "those" fans...but there a still a few that believe. If you can''t believe after this season there is something wrong. 4- 12 to 10 -6. Miracle!

Boxermm187
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
10-6 record next year would be great!!!!

okikcfan
01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
You know we went 4-12 last year and anyone and everyone can find disappointment in our season. I for one do not. Did you expect more? Really? We have so much to look forward to next season. I had picked us to go 10-6 or 11-5 at the start of the year but those were to say the least really high hopes and really did not expect it to happen. Who cares we are 7 and done in the playoffs. That will change! The Raiders were 6-0 in the Div and didn't make the playoffs. Sad Diego had the #1 ranked offense and #1 defense in the NFL and didn't make the playoffs. We all should be happy and proud that we The Chiefs went from worst to first in one season. This my friend is just the start of things to come. IMHO this was year one at a three year shot for the Superbowl and the CHIEFS WILL be there by year three.......

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
You know we went 4-12 last year and anyone and everyone can find disappointment in our season. I for one do not. Did you expect more? Really? We have so much to look forward to next season. I had picked us to go 10-6 or 11-5 at the start of the year but those were to say the least really high hopes and really did not expect it to happen. Who cares we are 7 and done in the playoffs. That will change! The Raiders were 6-0 in the Div and didn't make the playoffs. Sad Diego had the #1 ranked offense and #1 defense in the NFL and didn't make the playoffs. We all should be happy and proud that we The Chiefs went from worst to first in one season. This my friend is just the start of things to come. IMHO this was year one at a three year shot for the Superbowl and the CHIEFS WILL be there by year three.......

I agree 100%, I have said over and over again that 8 and 8 would have been a really good season for this team and anything over that was icing on the cake. It was great to be in the playoffs and while I really wanted a win, I understand that at this stage of our rebuilding process, we have to be happy with what we have.

Super Bowl? We are just not that team yet.

Now with the schedule we have next year, we should all be prepared for a little bit of a backslide. I think this team is improved, but I don't think the same results can be expected. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind on that depending on who we draft and get in free agency.

okikcfan
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I think we may have a better offseason this year then we did last year. Pioli has been there a full season and has more of an idea of his wants and needs this time around. I would expect us to have another really good draft this year. Problem is FA's. If there is a lock out of any sort then no one will be able to trade or pick up FA's until a deal has been worked out with the players union. Then everyone will be scrambling at a fast pace to get who they want. It could get intresting. Plus with all that is going on right now with the AFC West, Cable cut, Hue Jackson looking for work elseware, Raiders wanting out, Rivera leaving SD and Denver coaching search going not so good we stand a pretty good chance at another AFC West title. I like Pioli and Haley and I like what they have done this year and I believe it will only get better.

Vanilla Garilla
01-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I dont give a bleep how supposedly week our schedule was. In todays NFL, almost all Teams are on a similar playing field, and Winning 10 games shows something.......That we kicked Arse!

bwilliams
01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I cannot see how anyone can complain about this season. All of our vets stepped up, especially DJ, Hali, and Edwards, and we overachieved by a few games. I'd have loved a better end, but beating the Ravens isn't an easy thing to do for even the best teams.

4everchiefsfan25
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I cannot see how anyone can complain about this season. All of our vets stepped up, especially DJ, Hali, and Edwards, and we overachieved by a few games. I'd have loved a better end, but beating the Ravens isn't an easy thing to do for even the best teams.
I agree because even after we won 8 games I was happy and thought that anything else after that was just icing on the cake no matter what happend.

OPLookn
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Speaking of Hali has anyone heard anything about locking him up for several more years? From what I've heard he's looking for a contract but we just haven't offered anything yet. If we let him go or can't get a deal done we have nothing for OLB's.

bwilliams
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Speaking of Hali has anyone heard anything about locking him up for several more years? From what I've heard he's looking for a contract but we just haven't offered anything yet. If we let him go or can't get a deal done we have nothing for OLB's.

We locked up Flowers and Charles, so I have to imagine we're going to lock up Hali as well. They may be waiting for the new CBA, but I'd prefer they just get it done now.

4everchiefsfan25
01-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure they are going to get a deal done, both parties are still pretty far away from an agreement, so what Pioli is probably going to do is franchise tag him and see if he can put up the numbers next year that he did this year.

4everchiefsfan25
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
We locked up Flowers and Charles, so I have to imagine we're going to lock up Hali as well. They may be waiting for the new CBA, but I'd prefer they just get it done now.
The Chiefs havnt locked up Flowers. That was DJ, Flowers still has 1 more year on his contract and in 2012 he will be a FA so it will be next year when we start having contract talks with Flowers