PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Free Agents

pbatrucker
01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
2011 NFL Free Agents: DB (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/db.html)

This gives you access to the 2011 free agents from footballs future

Coach
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
My wishlist:
Lamarr Woodley LOLB to replace Mike Vrabel
Steve Breaston WR to replace our high school wideouts.
Ryan Kalil C to replace our Weigman

Other notables I'd love to have:
Vincent Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes

I've got to believe that Pioli will target at least 1 higher profile WR in free agency.

Chiefster
01-10-2011, 11:19 PM
My wishlist:

Vincent Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes

I've got to believe that Pioli will target at least 1 higher profile WR in free agency.

Agreed, as improved as D-Bowe was this year; he is still entirely too inconsistent for my taste. JMHO.

bigpoppachief
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
I would tat and arrowhead onmy forehead if we could get ngata! ok not really but that would be awesme

pbatrucker
01-11-2011, 08:31 AM
My wishlist:

Vincent Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes

Add to your list Nygata and Seymor and My wishes would come true.

Vanilla Garilla
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
My wishlist:

Vincent Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes

ROFL that statement is depressingly accurate!

Ryfo18
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM

If we bring in Ngata that would be huge. Can't see the Ravens letting go of a top NT though, even with Mount St. Cody in the works.

honda522
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
For our secondary how about Nnamdi Asomugha??? If he is as good as they say he is, then we would have a killer Backfield.

Big Daddy Tek
01-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Funniest quote on this link:

"Bernard Pollard (HOU) – The Texans had reason to be ecstatic over their free agent signing of 2009, who immensely improved the team’s run defense. This year has brought a different tune and shown why Pollard was cut from the Chiefs last year to begin with. While he’s still strong in run support, he’s been victimized more than any other Texan for touchdowns this season. His lousy pass defense is further accentuated by poor cornerback play. Pollard is a marginal safety, but can be a decent fill-in for a team with an already strong secondary, something the Texans cannot claim to have."

We could have told you that Houston. LMAO!

bwilliams
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
So few Steelers and Ravens players leave the nest that I wouldn't get my hopes up for any of them. And the Panthers are braindead if they don't franchise Khalil.

Our number one priority in FA should be Nnamdi Asomugha. He's gettable (Oakland can't franchise), and we have the money to spend. Lining him up across from Flowers would give us two number one shutdown corners.

I'd also go after Logan Mankins. Patriots have promised not to franchise, Pioli has a connection with him, and he'd look awfully good at our LG spot (move Waters to C or RG) for the next five years.

I'd also bring back Tyler Thigpen as our backup QB. Fans love him, and he has value as a wildcat guy even beyond that of a backup QB.

bbacker51
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't blame Bowe for all of his bad games. Other than Moeaki, what did a defense have to fear? Who else would pose a severe enough threat for a defense to say "we better concentrate on both Bowe AND this guy". I think Bowe will have a better season next year if we retain a strong WR in the off season.

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Funniest quote on this link:

"Bernard Pollard (HOU) – The Texans had reason to be ecstatic over their free agent signing of 2009, who immensely improved the team’s run defense. This year has brought a different tune and shown why Pollard was cut from the Chiefs last year to begin with. While he’s still strong in run support, he’s been victimized more than any other Texan for touchdowns this season. His lousy pass defense is further accentuated by poor cornerback play. Pollard is a marginal safety, but can be a decent fill-in for a team with an already strong secondary, something the Texans cannot claim to have."

We could have told you that Houston. LMAO!

I am humbled by the insite others had on Pollard. I guess I was wrong about him.

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Seymor will not be one of those we go after, he is more of a 4 - 3 defensive end.

pbatrucker
01-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Seymor will not be one of those we go after, he is more of a 4 - 3 defensive end.

I guess that's why he was a Pro Bowl DE while with the Pats.

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I guess that's why he was a Pro Bowl DE while with the Pats.

Could have been, especially if the pats were running a 4 - 3 defense.

pbatrucker
01-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Could have been, especially if the pats were running a 4 - 3 defense.
When Seymor was with the Pats they ran a 3-4

Ryfo18
01-12-2011, 10:52 AM

And Romeo Crennel was the coordinator when he made the Pro Bowl in '02, '03, and '04.

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM

Well great, then lets go get him!

brdempsey69
01-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Seymour does have familiararity with Pioli, so who knows? I don't think the Raiders are going to give him up, though.

4everchiefsfan25
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
There is no way the Chiefs go get Seymour, he wants way too much money. The Chiefs still have to sign Hali which is going to get a huge contract. If we try and get Fitzgerald he will want a huge contract and next year Bowe's contract is up and he is going to want a big contract so I just dont see the Chiefs going after Seymour.

N TX Dave
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I tell you what I am not going to worry about who is free agents I am just going to trust P & H to do what is right it is not like in the past when the King was around when we had to worry about doing anything much less the correct thing, I now feel as though the correct thing will be done.

4everchiefsfan25
01-12-2011, 01:28 PM
I tell you what I am not going to worry about who is free agents I am just going to trust P & H to do what is right it is not like in the past when the King was around when we had to worry about doing anything much less the correct thing, I now feel as though the correct thing will be done.
Agreed but I cant stand the offseason with no football so I need to talk football so the offseason goes by faster :D

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Seymour does have familiararity with Pioli, so who knows? I don't think the Raiders are going to give him up, though.

If the Raiders are stupid enough to not pay Namdi his incentive thus pretty much guaranteeing hime out of oakland then they are stupid enought to not keep seymour. We are talking about Al Davis here.

Coach
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Where are we goingt o put Seymour. Are you going to replace the #5 pick Dorsey, or the #3 pick Tyson Jackson. Both are getting paid huge dollars. Seymour is going somewhere, but it won't be in KC IMO.

If the Raiders are stupid enough to not pay Namdi his incentive thus pretty much guaranteeing hime out of oakland then they are stupid enought to not keep seymour. We are talking about Al Davis here.

He is a free agent because of a contract clause about the # of games he played in 2010 vs 2009. It was ultimately there to protect the Raiders, but backfired big time.

Asomugha's contract had a clause that said his contract would be voided if he didn't participate in more plays in 2010 than the previous year or improve his interception, fumble recovery or sack totals.
Asomugha missed two games with a sprained ankle, so he did not reach the playing time incentive. He also had no interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks. He had one interception, no fumble recoveries and no sacks the previous season. . . .

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 12:42 PM

I doubt we go after Seymour. Our DE rotation is pretty solid with Dorsey, Smith, and Gilberry (not to mention our large investment in TJ), and Seymor will want a pretty big contract. I think this all leads to Seymour going back to the Pats or being re-signed by the Raiders.

Jrudi
01-14-2011, 12:45 PM
If we do get Seymore, I haven't looked at Dorsey's size recently (He really stepped up his game this year at DE). Does he have the size to move to NT?? (I think he is to small for a 3-4 NT) but who knows.

Seymore does have a history with Pioli and Crennell, but Pioli doesn't like to pay big money for big names. He will do what is right for the team (but if you think about it we don't have a veteran DE to coach up the younger guys, which is what Pioli has been doing since arriving here. per: Vrable, McGraw, Chambers, Lilja/Wieggmann, etc.)

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
If we do get Seymore, I haven't looked at Dorsey's size recently (He really stepped up his game this year at DE). Does he have the size to move to NT?? (I think he is to small for a 3-4 NT) but who knows.

Seymore does have a history with Pioli and Crennell, but Pioli doesn't like to pay big money for big names. He will do what is right for the team (but if you think about it we don't have a veteran DE to coach up the younger guys, which is what Pioli has been doing since arriving here. per: Vrable, McGraw, Chambers, Lilja/Wieggmann, etc.)
I will agree about Vrable, Lilja and Wieggmann but McGraw and Chambers? McGraw was in Kansas City before Pioli got to Kansas City. McGraw is a career back up. He doesn't know what it takes to become a stud in the secondary we just kept McGraw because we needed depth. Also Chambers was picked up because we needed depth in the WR position. How can Chambers be a veteran leader when he cant even get on the sidelines let alone the field during our playoff game. Chambers has a poor attitude and he will be gone after this year.

Coach
01-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Chambers has a poor attitude and he will be gone after this year.
I'd be shocked if he still has a locker at arrowhead.

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd be shocked if he still has a locker at arrowhead.
I'm pretty sure Kevin Curtis took his locker :D

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 01:15 PM
McGraw was in Kansas City before Pioli got to Kansas City. McGraw is a career back up. He doesn't know what it takes to become a stud in the secondary we just kept McGraw because we needed depth.

To be fair, we kept McGraw because he's a terrific special teams player, special teams captain if my memory serves.

It isn't his fault that he keeps being thrust into a starting safety role.

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
To be fair, we kept McGraw because he's a terrific special teams player, special teams captain if my memory serves.

It isn't his fault that he keeps being thrust into a starting safety role.
It aint his fault, but for him to try and be a leader for our safeties is crazy

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
It aint his fault, but for him to try and be a leader for our safeties is crazy

True. To be a leader for our special teams, however, he's ideally suited.

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 01:23 PM
True. To be a leader for our special teams, however, he's ideally suited.
Ya I kind of forgot him being a special teams leader.

Jrudi
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I will agree about Vrable, Lilja and Wieggmann but McGraw and Chambers? McGraw was in Kansas City before Pioli got to Kansas City. McGraw is a career back up. He doesn't know what it takes to become a stud in the secondary we just kept McGraw because we needed depth. Also Chambers was picked up because we needed depth in the WR position. How can Chambers be a veteran leader when he cant even get on the sidelines let alone the field during our playoff game. Chambers has a poor attitude and he will be gone after this year.

I know that McGraw has been a career back up, and Chambers didn't work out. I was merely stating that the reason Pioli kept McGraw, and brought in Chambers was to be a veteran presence and mentor the young guys. Pioli and Haley believe in building and developing young talent which they draft, and sprinkle in a few veteran players to mentor the young guys and help them develop (not as stop gap players like others view FA.)

I think they might go after Champ Bailey for this same reason and move him to safety like he has been talking about.

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I know that McGraw has been a career back up, and Chambers didn't work out. I was merely stating that the reason Pioli kept McGraw, and brought in Chambers was to be a veteran presence and mentor the young guys. Pioli and Haley believe in building and developing young talent which they draft, and sprinkle in a few veteran players to mentor the young guys and help them develop (not as stop gap players like others view FA.)

I think they might go after Champ Bailey for this same reason and move him to safety like he has been talking about.

I know, I know, it isn't our style. But signing Champ Bailey (for our FS) and Nnamdi Asomugha would give us the greatest secondary maybe in NFL history.

Jrudi
01-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I know, I know, it isn't our style. But signing Champ Bailey (for our FS) and Nnamdi Asomugha would give us the greatest secondary maybe in NFL history.

I can see one, but not both.

Honestly I would rather have Bailey because he is willing to move to safety. Nnamdi more than likely wants to remain as a Corner.

I am happy with Flowers and Carr at our corners. I think our secondary is one player away from being one of the best in the league.

Yeah I would love both, but realistically we probably won't get both, or maybe any. If we could only get one I would take Bailey because he is willing to move to safety (this position needs more help rather than McGraw and Ricky Price haha.

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I can see one, but not both.

Honestly I would rather have Bailey because he is willing to move to safety. Nnamdi more than likely wants to remain as a Corner.

I am happy with Flowers and Carr at our corners. I think our secondary is one player away from being one of the best in the league.

Yeah I would love both, but realistically we probably won't get both, or maybe any. If we could only get one I would take Bailey because he is willing to move to safety (this position needs more help rather than McGraw and Ricky Price haha.

I like Carr, and I'd love to keep him around. But he can easily be upgraded.

If you have the opportunity to get two lockdown CBs, get two lockdown CBs.

Jrudi
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Agreed. Carr is one of my favorite "unknown" players that have stepped up for the Chiefs since being drafted.

I would love to keep him around and hope they do. But would only want to see him replaced by a lock down like Nnamdi A.

OPLookn
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM

While I'd like to agree with you I can't. This year it was apparent to me that for passing that Berry was obviously a rookie. We got beat by tight ends as if we were red headed step children...my apologies to any red headed step children. We HAVE to lock down any tight end so my thought would be to upgrade our safety position and go out and get Bailey.

We got several coverage sacks this year and if we can shut down the tight end that number will only go up next year. My thought would be to try and fill the defense with free agents and then use the draft to get O-line and WR's along with a true backup QB. Our defense showed vast improvement this year and I think we're only a few spots away which hopefully gives my previous statement some truth.

bwilliams
01-14-2011, 03:26 PM
While I'd like to agree with you I can't. This year it was apparent to me that for passing that Berry was obviously a rookie. We got beat by tight ends as if we were red headed step children...my apologies to any red headed step children. We HAVE to lock down any tight end so my thought would be to upgrade our safety position and go out and get Bailey.

We got several coverage sacks this year and if we can shut down the tight end that number will only go up next year. My thought would be to try and fill the defense with free agents and then use the draft to get O-line and WR's along with a true backup QB. Our defense showed vast improvement this year and I think we're only a few spots away which hopefully gives my previous statement some truth.

How is that disagreeing with what I wrote?

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree that we got beat bad by TE's but my only worry is if we do bring in Champ Bailey and put him in at FS then that is going to take snaps away from Lewis and his progression to getting better. I think Bailey would be a good short term fix but I don't think picking him up would be good for the Chiefs in the long run.

Ryfo18
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
This year it was apparent to me that for passing that Berry was obviously a rookie. We got beat by tight ends as if we were red headed step children.

I agree that we got beat bad by TE's but my only worry is if we do bring in Champ Bailey and put him in at FS then that is going to take snaps away from Lewis and his progression to getting better.

The Chiefs were one of the best teams in the league against Tight Ends, outside of Todd Heap and Antonio Gates week 1 (who was shutdown after the first half). I'm not sure what games you guys were watching.

Ryfo18
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
And just to back up that last post, here's that stats we gave up to tight ends and how we ranked (1st is best):

58 receptions (4th), 662 yards (4th), 4 TDs (7th)

4everchiefsfan25
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
And just to back up that last post, here's that stats we gave up to tight ends and how we ranked (1st is best):

That with or without the postseason?

Ryfo18
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
That with or without the postseason?

Without the postseason numbers. Still, it was really just one bad game against the Tight end and Romeo failed to adjust the scheme to account for Heap. Berry made a couple of great plays on Heap, and Heap had some catches. McGraw couldn't do anything to shut him down.

The Chiefs played 2-deep safeties the whole game against the Ravens, which makes no sense. I saw something the other day that Joe Flacco is near the bottom in passes thrown over 20-yards. It was just a bad game plan. But if you look at how a guy like Dallas Clark did (3 rec for 20 yards, the worst game he had in the 6 weeks he played) against the Chiefs, you can see they are capable of stopping tight ends, and one of the better teams in the league at doing so.

Jrudi
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM

I completely agree with this! Although at times our D was exposed in certain situations, with another year of experience under our young players belts, and adding some depth at LB, NT, or safety and we could have a pretty respectable D that could keep us in those tough games next year.

chief31
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
The Chiefs were one of the best teams in the league against Tight Ends, outside of Todd Heap and Antonio Gates week 1 (who was shutdown after the first half). I'm not sure what games you guys were watching.

Very nice!

You able to share a link for us?

Ryfo18
01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Very nice!

You able to share a link for us?

Yep sorry: Tight End Stats By Team: 2010 FF Points Allowed, Regular Season - FF Today (http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?Season=&GameWeek=Season&PosID=40&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=1)

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
I doubt we go after Seymour. Our DE rotation is pretty solid with Dorsey, Smith, and Gilberry (not to mention our large investment in TJ), and Seymor will want a pretty big contract. I think this all leads to Seymour going back to the Pats or being re-signed by the Raiders.

didn't say we would go after himd but don't be surpirsed if the raiders screw that up to.

chief31
01-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Yep sorry: Tight End Stats By Team: 2010 FF Points Allowed, Regular Season - FF Today (http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?Season=&GameWeek=Season&PosID=40&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=1)

Awesome!

Does this end the topic of being terrible against TEs?

Ryfo18
01-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Awesome!

Does this end the topic of being terrible against TEs?

I think so...

chiefskicker4
01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
1. Get a WR-trade for Larry Fitz or Steve Smith(Car)
or sign a guy like Moss, Jones, or Breaston.

2. Adress LB- Jackson and Rudd are nice possibilities

3. Try to sign RT- If not, address it with the draft maybe 1st round pick.

4. Draft- if WR and LB are signed:
1. Anthony Castonzo OT BC
2. Stefen Wisnieski C Penn State
3. Greg Little WR UNC
4. Christian Ballard DT Iowa