PDA

View Full Version : Why do refs feel the need to ruin a game?

LlamaNinja
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I mean the Chiefs didnt appear to be doing that great but all those calls, my favorite being the call that Ray Lewis made. It is like the refs go for the most popular team or favorite headline. In the seahawks game they were giving the saints every chance they could as well. Another one of my favorite calls was the Cardinals facemask fumble.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCbmc0IIM4&feature=related) That is facemasking right? I am just glad the saints at least got stopped before they tried taking out another QB *cough* Warner *cough* Farve

I am tired so forgive my poor sentence structure I just got home.

Ryfo18
01-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Meh...I think if you're looking for reasons to find the refs favoring the "most popular team" you'll find them. But there will be calls that go both ways. This isn't the NBA.

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Of Course I am totally unbiased in my opinion, but I saw a lot of uncalled holding on the raven offensive line. JMO

chiefnut
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
my worst call was the illegal hit on flacco by Hali, great acting by flacco then the no call on suggs when he hit cassel in the shins. neither should be a penalty imo but if you call it against Tamba ya gotta call it on suggs. neither "hit" was intentional or more than incidental.

4everchiefsfan25
01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
my worst call was the illegal hit on flacco by Hali, great acting by flacco then the no call on suggs when he hit cassel in the shins. neither should be a penalty imo but if you call it against Tamba ya gotta call it on suggs. neither "hit" was intentional or more than incidental.
that was just the dumbest call I have ever seen.

SIC J
01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Take those 2 calls away and the Chiefs still lose. There were a few calls not made but I liked the fact that they let them PLAY. Calls went both ways. The refs had no barring on the outcome of the game.

matthewschiefs
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
The refs did not win the game for the Ravens but IMO they did aid them getting the game out of hand.

Hayvern
01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Take those 2 calls away and the Chiefs still lose. There were a few calls not made but I liked the fact that they let them PLAY. Calls went both ways. The refs had no barring on the outcome of the game.

Sic J is right for this game. There were some questionable calls made, but there were a number of calls that could have been made that were not.