PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Schedule

Daylights
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure I could imagine a more brutal schedule if I tried. If we don't have the toughest schedule out of all teams next year, we have to be close.

Kansas City Chiefs 2011 Scheduled Opponents Are Set - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1/3/1910784/kansas-city-chiefs-2011-scheduled-opponents-are-set)

Ryfo18
01-11-2011, 09:45 AM
The only downside to winning the division. Hey, if you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Daylights
01-11-2011, 09:47 AM
The only downside to winning the division. Hey, if you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Right on. At least we don't have to hear all the crybabies talk about our soft schedule again.

okikcfan
01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Well I for one am kinda glad we got spanked by the Raiders and the Ravens. This has opened everyones eyes as to our weakness and the area's we need to work on the most. This season has gone far better than I had ever expected it would. We won the division and ofcourse with that comes much bigger challanges for next year. Here's to a great offseason and draft and dreams of a better 2011

Vanilla Garilla
01-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Well I for one am kinda glad we got spanked by the Raiders and the Ravens. This has opened everyones eyes as to our weakness and the area's we need to work on the most. This season has gone far better than I had ever expected it would. We won the division and ofcourse with that comes much bigger challanges for next year. Here's to a great offseason and draft and dreams of a better 2011

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. If we would have beaten both the Raiders and Ravens, we may have been content this offseason with our current personnel.

reded
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't mind the tough schedule. It'll show our guys how tough they need to be in order to beat the good teams along with magnifying our weaknesses. If we go 10-6 and win the division next year it'll be well deserved, silence the critics and have us prepared for an actual playoff run.

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I have no fear in a tough schedule, I embrace it. No Fear, Chiefs Will!

nigeriannightmare
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Can someone please explain to me why we would go to indianapolis back to back wouldn't they come here. We played buffalo at home this year to not to mention we played at chicago the last time we played the north.

Ryfo18
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Can someone please explain to me why we would go to indianapolis back to back wouldn't they come here. We played buffalo at home this year to not to mention we played at chicago the last time we played the north.

I'm not exactly sure about the Indianiapolis game and why it's in Indy. All I know is that we have to play Indianapolis and New England b/c, like us, they finished first in their division. This means that 1 game will be at home and 1 game will be away. How that is determined, no clue.

As far as Chicago, we play them every 4 years. The only guarantee is that they will play them at home every 8 years. Why that is, I'm not sure. I was a little disappointed, b/c like you I figured that we would play Chicago in Arrowhead and Green Bay at Lambeau. I had already made some plans with some Bear fan friends to go to Arrowhead next year! Not gonna happen.

pojote
01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
It isn't that bad.

Besides divisional games (we should get a 4-2 or better record) there are tough and easier games, home and away.

Tough:
Packers (H)
Steelers (H)
Patriots (A)
Bears (A)
Jets (A)
Colts (A)

Easier:
Bills (H)
Dolphins (H)
Vikings (H)
Lions (A)

If we can't win 10 next season, we don't deserve playoffs and division title.

LlamaNinja
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree with pojote, it will either show people that the chiefs are or are not a good team.

4everchiefsfan25
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
It isn't that bad.

Besides divisional games (we should get a 4-2 or better record) there are tough and easier games, home and away.

Tough:
Packers (H)
Steelers (H)
Patriots (A)
Bears (A)
Jets (A)
Colts (A)

Easier:
Bills (H)
Dolphins (H)
Vikings (H)
Lions (A)

Thats a brutel season for you to say if we dont win 10 next year that we dont deserve the division title. If we have more wins then the rest of the teams in our division then I think we deserve it. Hell.. if we go 7-9 and get a division title i would still think that we deserved it.

pojote
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Thats a brutel season for you to say if we dont win 10 next year that we dont deserve the division title. If we have more wins then the rest of the teams in our division then I think we deserve it. Hell.. if we go 7-9 and get a division title i would still think that we deserved it.

You're right, but for this team I want SB, not a sneak in playoffs. To win it all you need to stand against the bests.

4everchiefsfan25
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
You're right, but for this team I want SB, not a sneak in playoffs. To win it all you need to stand against the bests.
very true I want a Super Bowl too. I cant wait to see what we can do in the off season and see how much better we can get.

Vanilla Garilla
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Dont forget that we will be playing a far weaker Raiders and Chargers IMO. The scary team to me is a Tebow led Broncos. This kid is a natural born leader, and will find ways to win.

4everchiefsfan25
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Dont forget that we will be playing a far weaker Raiders and Chargers IMO. The scary team to me is a Tebow led Broncos. This kid is a natural born leader, and will find ways to win.
I think its going to depend on who their head coach is going to be because what might happen is they get a coach and a system which Tebow does not fit in.

Seek
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
It isn't that bad.

Tough:
Packers (H)
Steelers (H)
Patriots (A)
Bears (A)
Jets (A)
Colts (A)

Easier:
Bills (H)
Dolphins (H)
Vikings (H)
Lions (A)

Wow, Seriously. You may have those games as easier, but if you think the Vikings won't get things turned around you are crazy.. They already started to do that this year.

The Lions are getting better, and the Chiefs failed against good defensive line teams. Suh will have a hey day with this offensive line.

While they are easier teams next year, in comparision to our schedule this year, they would be on the tougher side of things. They are not any average NFC West Team.

I would be very excited for a 10 win team next year. That would be a very solid team.

With this divisions schedule you could see an 8-8 team winning the division.

4everchiefsfan25
01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow, Seriously. You may have those games as easier, but if you think the Vikings won't get things turned around you are crazy.. They already started to do that this year.

The Lions are getting better, and the Chiefs failed against good defensive line teams. Suh will have a hey day with this offensive line.

While they are easier teams next year, in comparision to our schedule this year, they would be on the tougher side of things. They are not any average NFC West Team.

I would be very excited for a 10 win team next year. That would be a very solid team.

whatever gets us in the playoffs for a chance to go to the super bowl :D :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
It's going to be tough for sure but 19-0 till proven otherwise

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
It's going to be tough for sure but 19-0 till proven otherwise
I agree! You are a homer, like me. :smile

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Suh is an awesome player! Hope to see him in a Chief uniform some day. He will be a problem for our O-Line.

Canada
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Can someone please explain to me why we would go to indianapolis back to back wouldn't they come here. We played buffalo at home this year to not to mention we played at chicago the last time we played the north.Next season will be the third or fourth time we play Buffalo at home. I want to play them in fubbalo so I can go.

brantcanchiefsfan
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Next season will be the third or fourth time we play Buffalo at home. I want to play them in fubbalo so I can go.
I keep waiting for The Chiefs to make the trip to buffalo too....they were here a few years back..but havent been back since.

Sick Dog
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I can't stand going there but I do because it is close...I don't remember the last time they won there though and I wasn't there! :sFl_canada2:

brantcanchiefsfan
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
They were there last in 2005...and lost 14-3

Canada
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
i got in a fight after that game

Seek
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
i got in a fight after that game

Drinking the hard stuff you warned me about huh.

Canada
01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Drinking the hard stuff you warned me about huh.
I got into some Jack with the guys at the tailgate next to us. Good think I didnt know Timsatt was there then!!:D