PDA

View Full Version : For all you Haley lovers...

Bike
01-16-2011, 04:18 AM
I don't like the guy. I think he's a premadonna. He likes loafers and turtlenecks, and he's gone through two offensive coordinators in two years. And his ego just won't quit. I could see him maybe as a decent OC, but he sucks as a HC. I love the Chiefs - but I call it as I see it. If Pioli wants to win - I mean, really win - the superbowl - he needs to sh!tcan this bone and hire a HC that his players - and his fans - will stand up for.
This outta be fun.

brish
01-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes.. this post certainly deserved its own thread!

Bigchiefatl
01-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow... "...all you Haley lovers..."

Very classy. All HC's have egos. I can only hope this is just a troll

:troll31:

Seek
01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
LOL. The guy is AFC coach of the year, he took a 2-14 team to the play offs with a 10-6 record in two years. His players do stand up for him and a lot of the fans do to.

You have great facts supporting your SEEING it.

Bike
01-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow... "...all you Haley lovers..."

Very classy. All HC's have egos. I can only hope this is just a troll

:troll31:
Not quite a troll, genius. Been posting here going on four years now.
So let me get this right. If my opinion differs from yours - I must be a troll - right? :sign0104:

Bike
01-16-2011, 09:55 AM
LOL. The guy is AFC coach of the year, he took a 2-14 team to the play offs with a 10-6 record in two years. His players do stand up for him and a lot of the fans do to.

You have great facts supporting your SEEING it.
I'm glad you like the guy.

Hayvern
01-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't like the guy. I think he's a premadonna. He likes loafers and turtlenecks, and he's gone through two offensive coordinators in two years. And his ego just won't quit. I could see him maybe as a decent OC, but he sucks as a HC. I love the Chiefs - but I call it as I see it. If Pioli wants to win - I mean, really win - the superbowl - he needs to sh!tcan this bone and hire a HC that his players - and his fans - will stand up for.
This outta be fun.

HAHAHA, this is all the reason I need...

FIRE HIM!!!!!

matthewschiefs
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
ya from 2-14 to divison champs we are going no where lets fire this guy and start all over yet again that is the way to go. What does he have to do to make people get over all this "ego" talk by a bunch of reportors who probley have not spent 2 hours with the guy. Todd Haley has done one hell of a job since he got to KC I for one am happy that he is our head coach.

Bigchiefatl
01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Not quite a troll, genius. Been posting here going on four years now.
So let me get this right. If my opinion differs from yours - I must be a troll - right? :sign0104:
Yup you've got it. It's just because your opinion is differen't than mine...that's the only reason.

slc chief
01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
amazing turn the team around the way he has and people are asking for his job.so we can be a franchise like the raiders who have no stability. that would be dumb.what is going to be posted next he does not know how to draft well either.some fans just dont get the picture i guess.you have to have stability in your franchise or it will never work

reded
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't mind him, I like a coach with a little bit of fire in his belly and isn't afraid to tell you about it. Herm was the most boring F'n excuse for a HC that I've ever seen, hate that guy!

C Louie
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
This outta be fun.

Are you serious?? Do you remember our last coach?

Maybe you have been away for a while but our coach with the "ego that won't quit" has turned the team around. They have won 14 games since he's been here and is potentially coach of the year but he needs to be "Sh!tcanned"????

I don't say much around here but that is one of the dumber things I have read on this web site (maybe the entire Internet) Come on buddy!!

:wtfdude:

honda522
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I know this website is a small small portion of Chiefs fans, but it seems as almost everyone is standing up for him. Second of all, does Chan Galiey even count? He was fired before the season started, Haley didn't want him from the beginning. So he was his own OC for season 1. Season 2 his cordinator quit. Third of all it takes time to get a great team going. It took 3 years for Sean Peyton to get the Saints to the SB, in his second year, would he have been a terrible coach cause he lost the NFC Championship game?

matthewschiefs
01-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I know this website is a small small portion of Chiefs fans, but it seems as almost everyone is standing up for him. Second of all, does Chan Galiey even count? He was fired before the season started, Haley didn't want him from the beginning. So he was his own OC for season 1. Season 2 his cordinator quit. Third of all it takes time to get a great team going. It took 3 years for Sean Peyton to get the Saints to the SB, in his second year, would he have been a terrible coach cause he lost the NFC Championship game?

It seemed to me with Chan that Haley just wanted to see if he could make it throught that first season with him. There ideas didn't match so Haley made the choice to do what he felt was the best move for the team.

As for Charlie I think that they just found that it was not as good of a fit that they thought it would be. We do need to find an OC that is going to stay for a while this offseason. That is something we just have to do. We won't be able to be a great team if we are changeing our OC every year.

honda522
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
It seemed to me with Chan that Haley just wanted to see if he could make it throught that first season with him. There ideas didn't match so Haley made the choice to do what he felt was the best move for the team.

As for Charlie I think that they just found that it was not as good of a fit that they thought it would be. We do need to find an OC that is going to stay for a while this offseason. That is something we just have to do. We won't be able to be a great team if we are changeing our OC every year.

Change the OC every year isn't as bad as a HC every year, but I will agree we need to find one to stay for awhile.

bigpoppachief
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Obviously some people dont understamd football a coach can only do so much. People talk about weak schedules but the fact is it doesnt matter every team is a nfl team so you beat the teams you are supossed to we could of easily won a couple more games this year and had a better record soI do not see why everyone is blaming Haley. I think Haley is a good coach not great but he has turned our team around and i am rooting for him.

slc chief
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
i think this post got made because someone was bored and wanted to stir the pot is all

bwilliams
01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
This outta be fun.

You can't fire Haley. It doesn't matter if you think he rode an easy schedule to the playoffs (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think his fighting with his OCs is beyond ridiculous (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think the turnaround this year was a whole lot more Crennel and Weis than Haley (which I do). It doesn't matter if you are terrified at the thought of him calling the plays in 2011 (which I am).

He has the players playing very hard right now. He has taken a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his second year. If you fire him: (1) no HC candidate will ever take you seriously again; (2) you'll demoralize the fan base with (ugh) another rebuilding effort; and (3) you'll demoralize the vastly improved vets on the team with (ugh) another rebuilding effort. There's no upside to it.

Even if you think Haley will win 10 games over his next three years, you have to stick with him in 2011.

Ryfo18
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Typical pessimists...Fire Haley, get rid of Cassel and Bowe, Berry sucks...

matthewschiefs
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
You can't fire Haley. It doesn't matter if you think he rode an easy schedule to the playoffs (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think his fighting with his OCs is beyond ridiculous (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think the turnaround this year was a whole lot more Crennel and Weis than Haley (which I do). It doesn't matter if you are terrified at the thought of him calling the plays in 2011 (which I am).

He has the players playing very hard right now. He has taken a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his second year. If you fire him: (1) no HC candidate will ever take you seriously again; (2) you'll demoralize the fan base with (ugh) another rebuilding effort; and (3) you'll demoralize the vastly improved vets on the team with (ugh) another rebuilding effort. There's no upside to it.

Even if you think Haley will win 10 games over his next three years, you have to stick with him in 2011.

That is something that drives me nuts. Look at the season. Our WHOLE DIVISON played the NFC west. We went 4-0 against them everyone eles went 2-2. THAT'S HOW WE WON THE AFC WEST we were better then everyone eles in the divison. Everyone eles could have gone 4-0 against them and then we wouldn't have made the playoffs. But they didn't we just did it better then everyone eles in the divison. THATS HOW WE WON THE DIVISON.

bwilliams
01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
That is something that drives me nuts. Look at the season. Our WHOLE DIVISON played the NFC west. We went 4-0 against them everyone eles went 2-2. THAT'S HOW WE WON THE AFC WEST we were better then everyone eles in the divison. Everyone eles could have gone 4-0 against them and then we wouldn't have made the playoffs. But they didn't we just did it better then everyone eles in the divison. THATS HOW WE WON THE DIVISON.

Well, our fourth place schedule (Buffalo, Browns) helped as well. And that we played the Seahawks at Arrowhead while others played them at Qwest.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from our players or coaches. But we had some big gaps in offense and defense that thankfully weren't exposed until the final two weeks because we didn't play teams capable of exposing them. We're not going to be that lucky next season.

slc chief
01-16-2011, 03:15 PM

well said

matthewschiefs
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, our fourth place schedule (Buffalo, Browns) helped as well. And that we played the Seahawks at Arrowhead while others played them at Qwest.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from our players or coaches. But we had some big gaps in offense and defense that thankfully weren't exposed until the final two weeks because we didn't play teams capable of exposing them. We're not going to be that lucky next season.

The Browns really didn't since they were a game better then the Bengals who the chargers played. And we went to Seattle to play. We played niners and cards at arrowhead St louis and settale on the road.

In the playoffs your right we got exposed as what we are a young inexperaniced football team. We will be better for gaining that game of playoff experanice going forward.

Ryfo18
01-16-2011, 03:46 PM

We took it to Seattle IN Seattle...A very tough place to play.

bwilliams
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
The Browns really didn't since they were a game better then the Bengals who the chargers played.

True. I really shouldn't have started a comparison between the AFC West teams.

My point was that we played mostly bad pass rushes, bad QBs, and bad run defenses for the first 15 games. We took advantage and won games against lesser opponents, but we lost to good ones. There's absolutely no shame in that for a younger, still-rebuilding team.

But if we'd had the schedule this season that we're having next season, we'd probably have a worse record in 2010.

And we went to Seattle to play. We played niners and cards at arrowhead St louis and settale on the road.

Doh. I forgot where we played that Seattle game. Thanks.

In the playoffs your right we got exposed as what we are a young inexperaniced football team. We will be better for gaining that game of playoff experanice going forward.

Not just experience. We need talent on the OL, at WR, at NT, and at LOLB if we realistically want to replicate 2010's success in 2011.

wilqb16
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
You can't fire the AFC coach of the year. This is just dumb. We would be the laughing stock of the league...plus, who would we get? No upper shelf coach would take this job after we fired a coach who just took us from last place to the playoffs.

Chiefster
01-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I would like to see us keep an OC longer then one season.

wilqb16
01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I would like to see us keep an OC longer then one season.

Agreed, though I actually thinks its possible that Weis is going to Florida to be with his son and perhaps get a shot at being an HC there.

The Gailey thing was a fiasco.

I am just hoping he doesn't call his own plays next season because I think generally that doesn't work.

Chiefster
01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Agreed, though I actually thinks its possible that Weis is going to Florida to be with his son and perhaps get a shot at being an HC there.

The Gailey thing was a fiasco.

I am just hoping he doesn't call his own plays next season because I think generally that doesn't work.

Same here, and I don't think it was ever said that Weis and Haley had problems. I think it is inferred because Haley and Gailey had differences.

Fastphilly
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm not one to bash a HC that is involved with a 4-12 to 10-6 turn around..However, I'm not cozy with the revolving door of OC's..In order for a QB to progress, you MUST have consistancy with a OC..All you have to do is look at Alex Smith in San Francisco..That story has been a trainwreck.

brdempsey69
01-17-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm not one to bash a HC that is involved with a 4-12 to 10-6 turn around..However, I'm not cozy with the revolving door of OC's..In order for a QB to progress, you MUST have consistancy with a OC..All you have to do is look at Alex Smith in San Francisco..That story has been a trainwreck.

I also don't like it with the EXIT STAGE LEFT with 2 OC's in less than 2 years & no OC as of now, and they need to get that issue settled ASAP.

chief31
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM

I am with ya.

I didn't like the idea of Todd Haley as our HC when he was hired. I didn't like a lot of the things that he did last season. I could even find a complaint, or two, from this season.

But the results absolutely get me over all of that.

If he opts to call the offense next season, I will disagree with the idea.

But, if he winds-up getting results that are up to my expectations, then he won't lose support from me.

wilqb16
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Same here, and I don't think it was ever said that Weis and Haley had problems. I think it is inferred because Haley and Gailey had differences.

I agree. Also, Haley is one who is vocal and demonstrative enough that - if there were problems between him and Weis - something would have been caught be a sideline camera during one of the games.

Hayvern
01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I agree. Also, Haley is one who is vocal and demonstrative enough that - if there were problems between him and Weis - something would have been caught be a sideline camera during one of the games.

I am not sure anymore what we are talking about here, but there have been many times that Haley has been seen yelling into the headset at somebody. Not sure if that was Weiss, Cassel or someone else. Since Weiss was always up in the booth, you are not going to ever see Haley getting in his face like you might if he was on the sideline.

I guess my point is that no evidence in this case, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Ultimately, Haley is not going anywhere and any discussion to a replacement for him is fruitless. One might have made a case for it if we had gone 2 and 14 again, but that did not happen. A coach that went from 4 and 12 to 10 and 6 in one season and wins Coach of the year honors, does not get fired.

brish
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM

Haley and Gailey left on good terms, they had different offensive philosophies. In my book Haley made the correct but hard choice of letting Gailey go, because if he had stayed they would have either clashed because of it, or the team would have been held back one year before it could start to implement Haleys system.
That choice was hard, because he took not only the extra work, but also the responsibility/blame.

Whether Weiss and Haley couldn't get along or if Weiss really wanted to be with his son.. We don't know!

The media is going with the sexy story, that they don't get along..

I haven't seen any proof to one case or another.

matthewschiefs
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Haley and Gailey left on good terms, they had different offensive philosophies. In my book Haley made the correct but hard choice of letting Gailey go, because if he had stayed they would have either clashed because of it, or the team would have been held back one year before it could start to implement Haleys system.
That choice was hard, because he took not only the extra work, but also the responsibility/blame.

Whether Weiss and Haley couldn't get along or if Weiss really wanted to be with his son.. We don't know!

The media is going with the sexy story, that they don't get along..

I haven't seen any proof to one case or another.

I think that it was a combination of the two but your 100% right we don't and will most likely never no the whole story.

GlennBree
01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I Loooooove Our Coach!!!! Love Love Love Love Him!!!

chiefnut
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Why don't we table this discussion until next season when we get to play a much tougher sched. including away games at the jets and pats. if we only win 6 games, call for his head....if we win 10 games we can call for a contract extension

Seek
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm glad you like the guy.
Yeah, I really enjoyed our home play off game all the way up until our old OC ran a sweep on 4and 1 which changed the momentum of the game.
I mean I hate winning it when the Chiefs win a majority of the games that I paid to go watch, and I hate them winning 10 games and having a home playoff game.
Lets hate on the guy because of what he wears and demands his players to execute and be accountable for their failures.

2010chiefs
01-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I think Hailey is sooo passionate about the offense that it's interfering with his Head coaching duties as well as making the right decisions for the team. If he wants to be the OC, then be the OC. Your the head coach though and deal with it. You can't be both because you proved it last year. I wish you could but I don't see it. GO CHIEFS!

tornadospotter
01-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I love everything Hailey does on the practice field, His skills at developing a team physically ready to play, coaching the team on how to play, his aggressiveness at going for it on 4th down at times. But he is the Head Coach. That is job number 1, that is his job. Head Coach can not be a OC and HC at the sametime. Chiefs will, hire a new war chief to be the OC.

Imo!

Chiefster
01-18-2011, 01:30 AM
I love everything Hailey does on the practice field, His skills at developing a team physically ready to play, coaching the team on how to play, his aggressiveness at going for it on 4th down at times. But he is the Head Coach. That is job number 1, that is his job. Head Coach can not be a OC and HC at the sametime. Chiefs will, hire a new war chief to be the OC.

Imo!

...This! :D