PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Hunt Trophy redesigned.

honda522
01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
AFC Championship Game To Award New Lamar Hunt Trophy - the hit list - SB Nation Cleveland (http://cleveland.sbnation.com/cleveland-browns/2011/1/19/1944198/nfl-playoffs-afc-championship-lamar-hunt-trophy-steelers-jets-)

Like or don't, I think the old design should have stayed. Gotta wonder what Lamar Hunt would think.

Boxermm187
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
new design, same name. I'm OK with it.

josh1971
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, at least it didn't become the Verizon Wireless trophy, or something like that...

stricken721
01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
I like it.

matthewschiefs
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I like the new look even better then the old look.

4everchiefsfan25
01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
I like the old style. The new style kind of reminds me of my sons little league football trophy

tornadospotter
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
I do not like the new design.

Hayvern
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Why redesign it? Why? Have they EVER redesigned the Vince Lombardi trophy? I think NOT!!!

honda522
01-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Why redesign it? Why? Have they EVER redesigned the Vince Lombardi trophy? I think NOT!!!

This was my thoughts.

Chiefster
01-21-2011, 10:54 PM
It is what it is.

Connie Jo
01-22-2011, 01:25 AM

THIS! ^

It's not a matter of liking or disliking the redesign, it's a matter of principle & respect for history. I don't understand why those with power don't comprehend the theory, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I'm so weary of constant need for change in our very impatient restless society! Some things are sacred and should be respected as such, meaning let it be!

Chiefster
01-22-2011, 06:52 AM
THIS! ^

It's not a matter of liking or disliking the redesign, it's a matter of principle & respect for history. I don't understand why those with power don't comprehend the theory, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I'm so weary of constant need for change in our very impatient restless society! Some things are sacred and should be respected as such, meaning let it be!

Change is one of the few constants in the universe, but it doesn't mean that it's good all the time. I like the original model better as well.

chiefnut
01-22-2011, 07:37 AM
why change it,... because they can!!!

Hayvern
01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
why change it,... because they can!!!

Some, not me, but some could take this change as the first step to pulling Hunt's name from the trophy. I mean afterall, if we can change the design, what keep's us from calling it the Al Davis trophy when and if Al Davis ever kicks the bucket?

chiefnut
01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Some, not me, but some could take this change as the first step to pulling Hunt's name from the trophy. I mean afterall, if we can change the design, what keep's us from calling it the Al Davis trophy when and if Al Davis ever kicks the bucket?

i think his trophy would be called "THE LUNATIC MEMORIAL"

Chiefster
01-23-2011, 01:26 AM

Perish the thought!

Connie Jo
01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Change is one of the few constants in the universe, but it doesn't mean that it's good all the time. I like the original model better as well.

Oh, I understand change is simply a natural part of life, and often necessary, as well as for the best. It's unecessary change, or that isn't for the best...that which indirectly reflects disrespect for something of sentimental, historical, traditional, moral, or principle value...which I take issue with. For instance, all the 'political correctness' stuff...being told it's not appropriate to say 'Merry Christmas', rather now should say, "Happy Holidays". :(

Chiefster
01-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh, I understand change is simply a natural part of life, and often necessary, as well as for the best. It's unecessary change, or that isn't for the best...that which indirectly reflects disrespect for something of sentimental, historical, traditional, moral, or principle value...which I take issue with. For instance, all the 'political correctness' stuff...being told it's not appropriate to say 'Merry Christmas', rather now should say, "Happy Holidays". :(

Absolutely! I, too, am so sick of the PC garbage.

LlamaNinja
01-24-2011, 05:16 AM
I think the most important trophy is in a couple weeks.... all the ones before it dont really matter that much imo.

chiefnut
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I got a good look at it last night and is does seem cheaper looking, don't like it!