PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassel, Pro Bowl QB?

Ryfo18
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
They're reporting over in Boston that Tom Brady is going to have surgery on his foot to repair a stress fracture. If that's the case, Matt Cassel will be on the Pro Bowl Roster now. Whoohoo! Congratulations Matt! :chiefs: :punk:

And just like in 2008, he's Brady's replacement!

matthewschiefs
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Cassel for sure earned that spot. Way to go.

4everchiefsfan25
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm glad that Cassel got to go he deserved it. I believe if Brady was human this season that Cassel would of been the first pick to the Pro Bowl because of his awesome numbers.

Jrudi
01-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Congrats Matt! Keep it up for seasons to come. I was mad when I saw he wasn't one of the AFC QB's to begin with.

SIC J
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats Matt! Keep it up for seasons to come. I was mad when I saw he wasn't one of the AFC QB's to begin with.

Yeah Manning and Rivers don't deserve to be there. Cassel, Rothlisberger, and Flacco were all better candidates this year.

matthewschiefs
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah Manning and Rivers don't deserve to be there. Cassel, Rothlisberger, and Flacco were all better candidates this year.

For sure. Manning got in based on his last name. That's about all.

josh1971
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Congrats to Matt!

Boxermm187
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
nice! now continue to improve

Chiefster
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Coolness!

Jrudi
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM

I know! I told my brother the same thing when I saw he was on the roster.

This was one of his worst years statistically (who cares if he had a ton of injuries on the roster, that's part of the game)

KristofLaw
01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Good stuff! Kinda goes with the year we've had too sort of.... unexpected to most and seemingly sneaking in with a huge upside in the future possibly... good for him!

Ryfo18
01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I know! I told my brother the same thing when I saw he was on the roster.

This was one of his worst years statistically (who cares if he had a ton of injuries on the roster, that's part of the game)

He was still 2nd in the league in yards and touchown passes...I can't see how you can argue that he shouldn't be on there.

Boxermm187
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
last two games.......horrible! overall great!

Coach
01-21-2011, 12:38 AM
We probably could have retired if we would have bet a couple of bucks in the pre-season on Matt Cassel making the Pro-Bowl. Congrats Matt!

4everchiefsfan25
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
We probably could have retired if we would have bet a couple of bucks in the pre-season on Matt Cassel making the Pro-Bowl. Congrats Matt!
very very true :lol:

SIC J
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
He was still 2nd in the league in yards and touchown passes...I can't see how you can argue that he shouldn't be on there.

He also threw the ball almost 200 more times than the average QB and was 5th in the league in interceptions.

Same with Brees, he doesn't deserve a spot this year either.

Jrudi
01-21-2011, 05:58 PM

I'm not saying he's not a good QB or player. He is, it's just that based on his previous years, this seemed to be a downer for him. I honestly think that if he wasn't a colt, they would be a sub .500 team.

Cassel just stepped up to another level. Taking out the last two games his TD to Int ratio was I believe tied for 1st or 2nd with I believe Tom Brady. I just thought that Cassel got snubbed because he doesn't have a nationally known name like Manning.

SIC J
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not saying he's not a good QB or player. He is, it's just that based on his previous years, this seemed to be a downer for him. I honestly think that if he wasn't a colt, they would be a sub .500 team.

Cassel just stepped up to another level. Taking out the last two games his TD to Int ratio was I believe tied for 1st or 2nd with I believe Tom Brady. I just thought that Cassel got snubbed because he doesn't have a nationally known name like Manning.

Some of the analysts brought up a good point. You don't make the Pro Bowl your first good season and after a GREAT one, you always get a free pass the following year as well.

2010chiefs
01-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Great job Matt.

Connie Jo
01-22-2011, 01:26 AM

Yeppers! He's the Golden boy, tarnished or not doesn't matter!

LlamaNinja
01-24-2011, 05:24 AM
I hate Manning as well but I dont get when people try to argue that he is terrible... I mean he still did pretty well with all the injuries the Colts had, my main problems is how cowardly the dude is. One time I was watching a game with him and he took a dive after someone touched his shoulder that bugged me.
Back to the QB for discussion, Matt Cassel had a pretty damn good season but he did have moments that made me question his number one status (as well as his paycheck). I will give him one year though before I start saying how great or bad he is. Though with what he had I am impressed with what he did even with how the last two games ended.

4everchiefsfan25
01-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I hate Manning as well but I dont get when people try to argue that he is terrible... I mean he still did pretty well with all the injuries the Colts had, my main problems is how cowardly the dude is. One time I was watching a game with him and he took a dive after someone touched his shoulder that bugged me.
Back to the QB for discussion, Matt Cassel had a pretty damn good season but he did have moments that made me question his number one status (as well as his paycheck). I will give him one year though before I start saying how great or bad he is. Though with what he had I am impressed with what he did even with how the last two games ended.
I agree I think this is the make or break deal with Cassel next season. If he regresses after the Chiefs get him some more help in the WR position then I think we need to start drafting QB's in the draft so they have time to develop into an NFL QB behind Cassel.

kckidd8870
01-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I hope he proves me wrong next season.I just don't see Cassel as are leader.He is average at best.Everyone on this site next year will be calling for his head.We have a tough schedule next season and if we don't do good in free agency and the draft,we will be 6-10 at best.Back to Cassel.He can find his check down pass and let jammal run with it for 60 to 70 yards.I've seem it to many times when guys were wide open and cassel would throw it at there feet or over shoot the pass.He has no touch on his passes.I like Cassel and all.He has some heart at times.Then other times he will get happy feet or cower down when there is pressure.He will get up for some games and others he just totally chokes.Cassel doesnt get all the blame but not a starter for sure.I hope I have to eat my words next season but ,don't think I will have to. All in all,I'd rather see cassel here than charlie.