PDA

View Full Version : Possible Changes.......

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Damon Huard, QB KC
News: According to the Kansas City Star, Brodie Croyle’s time as the Chiefs starting QB isn’t far off. Coach Herm Edwards said Thursday that he might make a switch in the middle of Sunday’s game against San Diego or a subsequent game even if current starter Damon Huard isn’t playing all that poorly.

sling58
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Damon Huard, QB KC
News: According to the Kansas City Star, Brodie Croyle’s time as the Chiefs starting QB isn’t far off. Coach Herm Edwards said Thursday that he might make a switch in the middle of Sunday’s game against San Diego or a subsequent game even if current starter Damon Huard isn’t playing all that poorly.

that's the word....I think it's a ploy to use against San Diego so they have to worry about two players. I will believe when I see it.

McLovin
09-28-2007, 05:15 PM
If Huard plays like he did 1st Half Vs Vikes then it is time to give Brodie a shot. If he plays like he did last year and second half let him and Brodie know the what your doing and tease with it all year as to confuse the opposing team.

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
What a cluster f***!!!!! Hopefully the line can give Damon a little bit of time and with any luck, a few passing plays will be called early!

This is one of the problem area's I have been talking about! The most important position on the field and we don't have a clue!!! Maybe this guy, maybe that guy!!!! It's just disheartening when it seems like the guys making decisions on who we bring in whether it be FA or through the draft, don't seem to know what the hell they are doing! Ok, we got Bowe. Good, I'm glad. DJ ok. Hali. ok. But with the FA that were out there and we didn't do crap!! If we would have picked up a few of the big FA that were out there the last two years, it would be a little easier to deal with the lack of QB that we seem to have!

hermhater
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Brody to Bowe--- TD!

Brody to Gonzo--- TD!

Brody to Sippio--- TD!

Brody to Parker--- T--oops he dropped the ball in the end zone!

sling58
09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Brody to Bowe--- TD!

Brody to Gonzo--- TD!

Brody to Sippio--- TD!

Brody to Merriman----San Diego ball......would happen if we put him in. Keep Huard right now.

McLovin
09-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Brody to Merriman----San Diego ball......would happen if we put him in. Keep Huard right now.
Then let Boomer take Merriman out, that may work. Problem is if Brodie isn't the future maybe we need a bad year to get Woodson or Brohm. Guess we could wait for Vick to take care of prior commitments, or Peyton Manning to have a son. Urgency ... who needs it. Again I say if Huard is let out of the Handcuffs and continues to do well keep him in, but if he continues to be ineffective and isnt allowed to do his thing then put someone in who they will take the handcuffs off.

my 2 cents

Canada
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Brody to Bowe--- TD!

Brody to Gonzo--- TD!

Brody to Sippio--- TD!

I don't like either of these posts....you boys will be reprimanded severely!! :drunkhb:

sling58
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't like either of these posts....you boys will be reprimanded severely!! :drunkhb:

Sorry brother.....just my opinion. I'll buy you a case to make up for my lack of trust in a Chiefs player. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Canada
09-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry brother.....just my opinion. I'll buy you a case to make up for my lack of trust in a Chiefs player. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

all is forgiven :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
a good move by herm. partly selfish though. trying to throw the chiefs problems on huard's shoulders not his own.

but good because he is basically telling huard, without saying it directly, DUDE YOU GOTTA GET WITH IT, get us some points! you either do it or you lost your chance.

so at least huard will go in with the mindset that he HAS to perform THIS GAME or Brody gets his chance.

and even though you guys are not real sure yet about brody (understandable) I AM SURE OF HIM and i am dying to see him get in there. He is tall and can see over the D line. He is relaxed and confident. he is ready. the o line only allowed one sack last game....brody will have time to find his receivers!!!!!!

ok so i get all that information out of the one drive he had all year lol...but i saw a lot in that 2 minute drill to give me hope for the future!!! :)

Coach
09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
That's what I'm afraid of.

a good move by herm. partly selfish though. trying to throw the chiefs problems on huard's shoulders not his own.

but good because he is basically telling huard, without saying it directly, DUDE YOU GOTTA GET WITH IT, get us some points! you either do it or you lost your chance.

so at least huard will go in with the mindset that he HAS to perform THIS GAME or Brody gets his chance.

You make a a great point that Herm is trying to shift blame to Huard. Even though I'm a little worried about Croyle coming in, I like the announcement by Herm for the reasons you stated.

m0ebr0
09-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Coryle may or may not be the future, but thats the FUTURE.

Huard gives us the best chance to win now. If you look at last year out of all his starts he threw the fewest pics and he kept us in the playoffs by preforming well. It took him 2 games to warm up last year. As well as throwing a beauty to Kennison in hte playoffs against the Colts for the 1 play he was in.

Against Minnisotta I do not remember 1 incomplete pass thrown from him in the second half. He threw well to Tony-G and Bowe. He is our chance now and Edwards needs to let him open up and throw.

sling58
09-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Huard gives us the best chance to win now. If you look at last year out of all his starts he threw the fewest pics and he kept us in the playoffs by preforming well. It took him 2 games to warm up last year. As well as throwing a beauty to Kennison in hte playoffs against the Colts for the 1 play he was in.

Against Minnisotta I do not remember 1 incomplete pass thrown from him in the second half. He threw well to Tony-G and Bowe. He is our chance now and Edwards needs to let him open up and throw.

Agreed lets go down the field a little more.

Three7s
09-29-2007, 01:12 PM

I think you mean the Jaguars, Huard didn't play in the playoff game against the Colts, and I remember the pass to Kennison in that game against the Jaguars!

m0ebr0
09-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I think you mean the Jaguars, Huard didn't play in the playoff game against the Colts, and I remember the pass to Kennison in that game against the Jaguars!

I thought Green came out for a play and Huard went in and threw the ball really nice in the playoffs. Could be wrong.

chief31
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM

and even though you guys are not real sure yet about brody (understandable) I AM SURE OF HIM and i am dying to see him get in there. He is tall and can see over the D line. He is relaxed and confident. he is ready. the o line only allowed one sack last game....brody will have time to find his receivers!!!!!!

ok so i get all that information out of the one drive he had all year lol...but i saw a lot in that 2 minute drill to give me hope for the future!!! :)

I have heard mention of how the offensive line only allowed one sack last week, against the Vikings. This may be true, but ask any Vikings fan and they will tell you that that is the biggest concern with that defense, is an inability to generate any pressure. Not trying to take anything away from the Chiefs O-line, Just pointing out that it isn't as impressive as it sounds.

I thought Green came out for a play and Huard went in and threw the ball really nice in the playoffs. Could be wrong.

Three7s was right. That was the last game of the regular season. That particular play fueled the flames of desire for Huard to play in the playoffs though.

timsatt1
09-29-2007, 03:29 PM
This may be true, but ask any Vikings fan and they will tell you that that is the biggest concern with that defense, is an inability to generate any pressure. Not trying to take anything away from the Chiefs O-line, Just pointing out that it isn't as impressive as it sounds.

yeah also the fact that he didnt have to throw on 1st and 2nd....those are two downs...where if you are handing it off right away anyways, you are not going to get sacked.

stats can be misleading many times. A team that takes more risks on offense is probably going to lose defensive field position many times thus making it harder for the defense to stop the other team from scoring.

the chiefs 4th rated defense is actually very misleading. herm doesnt want to take risks that will cause us to turn it over on our end and give up our "defensive field position". Herm is going to keep the defense from looking bad, and have a scape goat by blaming problems on the offense. The defense is good, dont get me wrong, just trying to state how stats can be misleading, and you can either make the offense look good or the defense, depending on how you want to coach a game.

this just in....from God.....Chiefs will beat the Chargers this Sunday.

oh, forgot to tell you i have the gift of prophecy.

hermhater
09-29-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah also the fact that he didnt have to throw on 1st and 2nd....those are two downs...where if you are handing it off right away anyways, you are not going to get sacked.

stats can be misleading many times. A team that takes more risks on offense is probably going to lose defensive field position many times thus making it harder for the defense to stop the other team from scoring.

the chiefs 4th rated defense is actually very misleading. herm doesnt want to take risks that will cause us to turn it over on our end and give up our "defensive field position". Herm is going to keep the defense from looking bad, and have a scape goat by blaming problems on the offense. The defense is good, dont get me wrong, just trying to state how stats can be misleading, and you can either make the offense look good or the defense, depending on how you want to coach a game.

this just in....from God.....Chiefs will beat the Chargers this Sunday.

oh, forgot to tell you i have the gift of prophecy.

Very thoughtful and informed post!

We agree on something!

:lol::beer: