PDA

View Full Version : As we wish for Bailey,Woodley and Ngata

stevefuller
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
We should look at who can we and who will we sign.It is great to get pumped about signing all these stars and i have a long list this year myself.

I believe Logan Mankins and Santana Moss are two players we should pursue hard and sign right away.Mankins is in his prime and arguably the best guard in the game. It allows us to move Waters to center finally. Moss still has game and would have a hugh impact on our offense(as well as mentor McCluster on how to become a better wideout).I personally love Randall Cobb-WR from University of Kentucky. If you are not familiar with this guy. Take the time and google him. I think you'll fall in love with this guy. I think he'll be one of the 10 best players from this draft in5 years.That would give us....D Bowe/Moss/McCluster/Cobb as our wr core.

There are many bigger name wideouts available. V-Jackson(we will never sign him),S Rice and S Holmes will resign with teams. We could sign Santana Moss at a fraction of what these other players will get.

It just makes sense.

We need to upgrade our LBer group right? What the hell are we doing with Tamba power? First things first, that is a deal that needs completed. Right? Then, i would like to sign atleast one veteran lber. Here's my wish list:
Woodley and Greenway- to much $$ will resign w teams
Barrett Rudd? what does everyone think about putting him next to DJ?
If not Rudd, David Harris, Steven Tulloch or David Hawthorne.

Mankins. That will cost some $$ but not break the bank
compared to other premium free agents like Ngata,Asomugha,Woodley,etc etc.
S Moss, Peanuts for what the other WR's are going to get.
Hali. Big $$
ILB(Rudd or Tulloch) ??

If we can do anything after all that. Bring back S Smith-DT and try and sign Brandon Mebane-DT Seattle.

Boxermm187
01-24-2011, 09:59 PM
neat! lets let Scott Pioli break a sweat with that. in Pioli we trust.

Jrudi
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I like the idea of bringing in Rudd, He is a silent stud. Doesn't have the big name, but is a very reliable starter. This is the type of person I think Pioli likes, but I don't see why Tampa wouldn't want to re-sign him I think he has lead the team in tackles or at least been in the top for the past couple of years.

I've been tossing the idea of D'Qwell Jackson heading here. I think Crenell drafted him (someone correct me if I am wrong), and I think the likelihood of him re-signing in Cleveland might be less.. basically because he was on IR all season due to a torn pec, and the new coach in Cleveland is an offensive minded coach, may not see the need to resign him since he didn't play last year. But this guy had 154 tackles in 09, and I think like 90+ in 08, I believe he was drafted in 05 so he still has some years left as well. Not a big name free agent, but can produce.

4everchiefsfan25
01-25-2011, 12:48 PM
We should look at who can we and who will we sign.It is great to get pumped about signing all these stars and i have a long list this year myself.

I believe Logan Mankins and Santana Moss are two players we should pursue hard and sign right away.Mankins is in his prime and arguably the best guard in the game. It allows us to move Waters to center finally. Moss still has game and would have a hugh impact on our offense(as well as mentor McCluster on how to become a better wideout).I personally love Randall Cobb-WR from University of Kentucky. If you are not familiar with this guy. Take the time and google him. I think you'll fall in love with this guy. I think he'll be one of the 10 best players from this draft in5 years.That would give us....D Bowe/Moss/McCluster/Cobb as our wr core.

There are many bigger name wideouts available. V-Jackson(we will never sign him),S Rice and S Holmes will resign with teams. We could sign Santana Moss at a fraction of what these other players will get.

It just makes sense.

We need to upgrade our LBer group right? What the hell are we doing with Tamba power? First things first, that is a deal that needs completed. Right? Then, i would like to sign atleast one veteran lber. Here's my wish list:
Woodley and Greenway- to much $$ will resign w teams
Barrett Rudd? what does everyone think about putting him next to DJ?
If not Rudd, David Harris, Steven Tulloch or David Hawthorne.

Mankins. That will cost some $$ but not break the bank
compared to other premium free agents like Ngata,Asomugha,Woodley,etc etc.
S Moss, Peanuts for what the other WR's are going to get.
Hali. Big $$
ILB(Rudd or Tulloch) ??

If we can do anything after all that. Bring back S Smith-DT and try and sign Brandon Mebane-DT Seattle.
Like I said in another thread what about John Asamoah? We just drafted him last year to take Brian Waters spot. It seems like everybody is forgetting about Asamoah and he was highly praised coming out of the draft. I don't think we need to move Waters to center because he has maybe two years left at the most before he retires, and if we move him to center we are just filling a whole short term like Carl Peterson always did and we have seen how far that got us. We need to do things right and build a team to become a dynasty.
So I say we leave Waters where he is and when he is done let Asamoah take his spot like planned and draft a center to take Weigmans spot.

kckidd8870
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
plain and simple,go get pouncey from florida.That cat is a stud.Did you see the blocks he was making in the bowl game.Great player.Abert at lt ,lg Asamoah,Pouncey at C,keep Lilja at rg,B. Rich at rt.I love the hell out of waters but he has lost a step or two.He might even retire before the season starts.Some how get Larry Fitzgerald to sign with the chiefs.Build the d-fense up.Watch out for 2011 season.

stevefuller
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
D'Quell Jackson has been hurt often.
Yes Romeo drafted him in cleveland
Rudd isn't happy how TB has gone about his contract.
Wanted to extend last year and they addressed other players instead
He'll bolt.
I like several other ILB in free agency:
David Harris, Stevn Tulloch,Paul Poslusny and David Hawthorne are available too.
Just like the way Rudd plays
All out!!

Waters to center gives us 2 solid years. Enough time for my favorite sleeper pick in this years draft BRANDON FUSCO-C to learn and take over.
If you hav'nt heard of Fusco yet you will. He's already starting a buzz after the first day of Senior Bowl practices.
As far as, Jon Asamoah, oline depth is what you want. To be able to have him there to play for Lilja or Mankins is the bomb. He takes over for Lilja in a year.

stevefuller
01-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Pouncey would take our first rounder.
I personally like other players at that point.

Jrudi
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Like I said in another thread what about John Asamoah? We just drafted him last year to take Brian Waters spot. It seems like everybody is forgetting about Asamoah and he was highly praised coming out of the draft. I don't think we need to move Waters to center because he has maybe two years left at the most before he retires, and if we move him to center we are just filling a whole short term like Carl Peterson always did and we have seen how far that got us. We need to do things right and build a team to become a dynasty.
So I say we leave Waters where he is and when he is done let Asamoah take his spot like planned and draft a center to take Weigmans spot.

Agree with this post! People are forgetting about Asamoah. He filled in a couple times this year and did actually quite well.

I really can't see the Patriots letting Mankins get away. Plus if he does I think he will want more $ than what the Chiefs would give him so I don't see him winding up here.

I could see them letting Matt Light go, he is getting up there in age, and I could see us signing him to solidify the RT position for the next year or so (wouldn't ask for as much $ as mankins). In this case it would allow time for a younger guy (Who we could draft this year in lets say the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) to develop and act as a mentor to Branden Albert.

chief31
01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Agree with this post! People are forgetting about Asamoah. He filled in a couple times this year and did actually quite well.

He played in fifteen regular season games, and one playoff game.

I could see them letting Matt Light go, he is getting up there in age, and I could see us signing him to solidify the RT position for the next year or so (wouldn't ask for as much $ as mankins). In this case it would allow time for a younger guy (Who we could draft this year in lets say the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) to develop and act as a mentor to Branden Albert.

If Light were to be brought in then I can't see him playing anywhere but LOT. And that works for me. :D

hometeam
01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Mankins wont get away~

josh1971
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Where are we getting the idea that KC has wanted to move Waters to center?

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Where are we getting the idea that KC has wanted to move Waters to center?
I have no idea

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Casey Wiegmann, Ryan Lilja Sign with Chiefs: 2010 Offensive Line Takes Shape | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/363876-casey-wiegman-ryan-lilja-signpreview-kansas-citys-2010-offensive-line)

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
There are many others clippings i could post if you want to see them all. Waters was to be our backup center way back in 90(?) when we signed him. Got a shot at guard and ran with it.

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Waters replaced an injured Donald willis 11/25/90 and has'nt left the lineup since.

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
It doesn't make since to switch a guy thats been playing guard as long as he did when he has only a couple of years left in his career that would just hurt the Chiefs in the long run

Chiefster
01-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Casey Wiegmann, Ryan Lilja Sign with Chiefs: 2010 Offensive Line Takes Shape | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/363876-casey-wiegman-ryan-lilja-signpreview-kansas-citys-2010-offensive-line)

I question the accuracy and validity of the Bleacher Report.

josh1971
01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Sorry, still not getting the impression that KC has been itching to move Waters to center for any amount of time.

So feel free to post as many clips as you want- seems to me like they planned on Waters playing guard, as he has done for several seasons with KC.

Proving my point- we went and signed a veteran, pro bowl center for 2010. Doesn't sound like a move if you're planning to slide a guard over.

slc chief
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
if they were going to move him to center it would have happend last year

Chiefster
01-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Not buyin it.

chief31
01-31-2011, 06:45 PM
if they were going to move him to center it would have happend last year
Sorry, still not getting the impression that KC has been itching to move Waters to center for any amount of time.

So feel free to post as many clips as you want- seems to me like they planned on Waters playing guard, as he has done for several seasons with KC.

Proving my point- we went and signed a veteran, pro bowl center for 2010. Doesn't sound like a move if you're planning to slide a guard over.

Well, the obvious response would be that The Chiefs were able to solve the C situation with an easy free agent signing, allowing them to not create a hole at OG.

If Weigmann does not return, and with the rise of Osamoah, then it becomes a consideration.

Not that I think The Chiefs have been trying to move him. But I do think that they have considered it, and may again.