PDA

View Full Version : If we could sign one of these....

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Wide receivers which would you.
James Jones or Steve Breaston?

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Steve Breaston I like him a lot.

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
He'ld help alot

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
No doubt what do you think about Plaxico Burress? he is getting out of jail soon and the Chiefs could pick him up real cheap

Ryfo18
01-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I like James Jones. Seems like a raw talent that Haley could help develop.

matthewschiefs
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
No doubt what do you think about Plaxico Burress? he is getting out of jail soon and the Chiefs could pick him up real cheap

I don't like that idea. I think the Burress is a tad overrated. And given the fact that he has not played in 2 years and he is old. I don't think that he's a good fit for the Chiefs.

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't like that idea. I think the Burress is a tad overrated. And given the fact that he has not played in 2 years and he is old. I don't think that he's a good fit for the Chiefs.
He would be very cheap to just have him come in and try

Lazeye
01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Look at what M. Vick did after going to jail. I think Plaxico would want to prove himself. I mean the man can catch a ball with his head.

Ryfo18
01-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Look at what M. Vick did after going to jail. I think Plaxico would want to prove himself. I mean the man can catch a ball with his head.

That was David Tyree.

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 01:21 PM
IMO Plaxico is the guy that made Eli Manning better. Eli hasnt been the same since Plaxico went to jail.

Lazeye
01-26-2011, 03:11 PM
That was David Tyree.
I was refering to someone coming out of jail not a certain position.

Ryfo18
01-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I was refering to someone coming out of jail not a certain position.

When you said catch a ball with his head, I thought you were referring to David Tyree's "catching a ball with his head" to help the Giants beat the Pats in the 2007 Super Bowl. Misunderstanding, but you see why I was confused :D. :bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
01-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Steve Breaston.

stricken721
01-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Made a poll for ya! :D

stevefuller
01-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Made a poll for ya! :D
Kool !:yahoo:

wilqb16
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't think we take a look at Burress at all. We have steered completely clear of guys with any sort of off the field problems in favor of leadership type guys. I don't see that trend changing.

chief31
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
IMO Plaxico is the guy that made Eli Manning better. Eli hasnt been the same since Plaxico went to jail.

Perhaps.

But Manning has had his two best seasons, in terms of overall yardage, as well as TDs, since Burress left.

And, including 2008, when Burress had only nine starts, his past three seasons have been his best three, in regards to QB Rating.

I think Burress is a great talent. And I agree that he helped Manning out alot.

But the numbers would indicate that Eli has been a better QB since Burress left, than with him.

As for the thread topic, I would be happy to see either in a Chiefs uniform next season. But voted for Breaston, based on his experience with Haley.

4everchiefsfan25
01-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Perhaps.

But Manning has had his two best seasons, in terms of overall yardage, as well as TDs, since Burress left.

And, including 2008, when Burress had only nine starts, his past three seasons have been his best three, in regards to QB Rating.

I think Burress is a great talent. And I agree that he helped Manning out alot.

But the numbers would indicate that Eli has been a better QB since Burress left, than with him.

As for the thread topic, I would be happy to see either in a Chiefs uniform next season. But voted for Breaston, based on his experience with Haley.
I just looked up his stats and your right. I guess IMO it has seemed like he has done worse, but looking at his numbers he just isnt a very consistent QB no matter who he has at WR lol.

KristofLaw
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
I just looked up his stats and your right. I guess IMO it has seemed like he has done worse, but looking at his numbers he just isnt a very consistent QB no matter who he has at WR lol.

Yet he still won as many Super Bowls as his big brother. I like his leadership.

I'm not sure about either in the poll... I'll wait awhile before making a vote.

Chiefster
01-26-2011, 10:35 PM
You forgot the obligatory noncommittal third choice. :D

2010chiefs
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I say we do take a look at Burress. Big strong receiver with good hands and something to prove.

4everchiefsfan25
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Yet he still won as many Super Bowls as his big brother. I like his leadership.

I'm not sure about either in the poll... I'll wait awhile before making a vote.
Leadership? Tiki Barber slammed Eli because he didn't have leadership skills, and Eli won a Super Bowl the same way Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, by their defense.

Seek
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM

NO flipping way. I don't even want Michael Vick now, nor then. I don't care... those type of character guys are not what Pioli and Haley are about.

No to Plaxico. He is Larry Johnson playing WR. plus he is 34 years old and two years removed from the game. NO WAY...

matthewschiefs
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
NO flipping way. I don't even want Michael Vick now, nor then. I don't care... those type of character guys are not what Pioli and Haley are about.

No to Plaxico. He is Larry Johnson playing WR. plus he is 34 years old and two years removed from the game. NO WAY...

The Age is the main reason why I don't think that he is going to be a good WR in the NFL again. At that age missing two years of football is going to hurt him. I just don't think that he is a good pick up for us.

Seek
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
The Age is the main reason why I don't think that he is going to be a good WR in the NFL again. At that age missing two years of football is going to hurt him. I just don't think that he is a good pick up for us.

don't forget the guy shot himself in the leg. There has to be some damage to his leg making a 34 year old very slow.

I don't know why people are wanting an older version of Chris Chambers who has spent time in jail.

chiefnut
01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
don't forget the guy shot himself in the leg. There has to be some damage to his leg making a 34 year old very slow.

I don't know why people are wanting an older version of Chris Chambers who has spent time in jail.

anyone who has an armed body guard yet still carries a gun into a club, then manages to shoot himself in the leg, he no seem to smart to me!!!

Jrudi
01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I think Breastin is more likely because of the history with Haley.

One knock on Jones is his big play problems, he is always caught dropping big plays, which kinda sounds familiar (Bowe...) so who know's maybe Haley could polish Jone's game as well, but I still think Breastin is more likely to land here.

And on another note...The Burress BS.... How many times do people that post on here, writers, and even Haley and Pioli have to say it for everyone to understand that THE CHIEFS DON'T SIGN PEOPLE WITH CHARACTER ISSUES. They didn't put a waiver in on Randy Moss, and they won't sign Burress, or draft a guy that has character issues, no matter how talented they are.

I remember reading something last year about Pioli speaking about how the Chiefs aren't in the right position to sign a controversial player like Moss this season. He stated that when they traded for Moss in NE, they had their base set, and their core leadership together, and were able to bring Moss in in hope that the character and leadership on the team would rub off on him. He said with this young Chiefs team, and the core still being built, he would worry that it would have the opposite effect, and cause problems in the locker room.

So why are we still talking about talented players who have bad character. IT WON'T HAPPEN!!