PDA

View Full Version : 2rd pick Muhammad Wilkinson dt temple

kcred
02-02-2011, 08:51 AM
This kid is a Jr. He is a immediate starter and by yr3. Can be as good as Nh. Sue. Use free agency to shore up wr.

pbatrucker
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Strong words comparing him to Suh. He is a DE type height and weight. I can't see him as an immediate starter at all.

kcred
02-02-2011, 02:58 PM
It is obvious you have not researched this kid. He 6'5" 305
Play inside over center. 2009 61 tackles 10 for losses. 7 sacks
2010 his Jr.season 75 tackles 14. For losses 10. Sacks
Lets compare him to the #1prospect in this yrs.draft.
Dt fairley. Alburn 2009 did not brake starting line up
2010 64 tackles 4.5 sacks. Look Muhammad Wilkerson. Is outstanding defensive tackles. A captin on defence. This is just the type of player. Scott pioli picks. The type of pick that made the patriots win championships. Take the time to study this guy in the days leading up to the draft. Just my humble opinion

brdempsey69
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
2010 64 tackles 4.5 sacks. Look Muhammad Wilkerson. Is outstanding defensive tackles. A captin on defence. This is just the type of player. Scott pioli picks. The type of pick that made the patriots win championships. Take the time to study this guy in the days leading up to the draft. Just my humble opinion

I do believe that you have presented your case, excellently, and he is an excellent D-line prospect. If the Chiefs pick him, he should see considerable playing time. The comparisons to Suh might be a stretch, but we never know until he gets to the NFL and takes the field. Might not be the force that Suh was right away, but down the road, you never know. I mean who would've thought Hali was going to be the sack-beast that he was in 2010, considering that in 2008, he had only 3 on a defense that just had 10 total sacks all season.

pbatrucker
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
You are wrong in that I didn't research this guy. I read every scouting report I could find on him. I agree he is a good prospect, but he would be a DE, not the needed NT. He is a 3 or 5 technique and since we don't use a 3 tech he would be a DE.
From Draft101:
Strengths

Fast rising penetrator who disrupts plays in the backfield
Can play three or five technique
Good height and length
One of top pass rushing DTs in the draft (15 sacks the past two years including 9.5 in 2010
Moves well laterally - can get down the line
Quick of the ball and shoots gaps
Aggressive and plays with a high motor
Capable of pushing the pocket Weaknesses

Loses leverage by playing upright
Inconsistent anchor at the point of attack
Needs to learn to use his hands to disengage from blockers better
Level of competition
Needs to get stronger esp. in the upper body
Good burst and acceleration but not overly fast.

chief31
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Seems like his play style is very similar to Suh's. Thus, there really is no position in a 3-4 for him, without completely changing how he plays.

Glen Dorsey was the same kind of penetration DT when we drafted him. And he has to abandon that play style and that position (because it doesn't exist on a 3-4 defense) and learn to play a whole new position.

I think Dorsey has done very well with the change. But I don't think we want to draft a guy to teach him a whole new way of playing the game, that doesn't match the talents that he has acquired.

Playing the 3-4 NT, which grants little in the way of stats, is what has Albert Haynesworth's panties in bunch.

Few players are willing to go from playing and getting stats, to playing to allow others to get stats. Not to mention it has to be a tough transition.

But I don't know this guy. Maybe he would be thrilled to change his style like that.

kcred
02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Good counter argument. . I believe Scott pioli will trade out of the first rnd. He took 2safeties last ye so maybe he takes 2dlineman this yr that is how I see it this yr. All of the weaknesses you mentioned can be fixed with coaching. Weight program and experience.use free agency to upgrade at lb. Wr. I am working on my mock draft. Will post soon. Peace kc red

Chiefster
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
What, exactly, is "2rd"??? :D

stricken721
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
What, exactly, is "2rd"??? :D

Something that is very smelly. :lol:

Big Daddy Tek
02-03-2011, 01:02 AM
This kid is a Jr. He is a immediate starter and by yr3. Can be as good as Nh. Sue. Use free agency to shore up wr.

Suh is an NFL top 3 DT in his rookie season. Muhammad Wilkerson is not even on the same planet. He wont be drafted by a 3-4 defense and is not a good fit for a team that is already deep at the 3-4 Defensive End position.

Glenn Dorsey, Wallace Gilberry, Tyson Jackson, Shaun smith. Expect to see that DE combination for a long time.

The Chiefs need a NT on defense and Muhammad Wilkerson is too tall to play the nose in the 3-4. He would get blown off the line.

Dont get me wrong, I like him as a late second rounder, but any comparison to one of the most dominant players to enter the league in the past decade is just not accurate.

chiefnut
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Here is the bleacher draft prospect report on him;

When it comes to junior defensive tackles who could possibly enter the NFL Draft after this season, a few names like Auburn's Nick Fairley and Nebraska's Jared Crick immediately come to mind, but one player who doesn’t seem to be getting his fair share of hype is Temple's Muhammad Wilkerson.

That's what happens when you play for a MAC team that barely gets any TV time instead of a BCS powerhouse.

Wilkerson, a 6-foot-5, 305-pound junior, has been basically unblockable all season long, flashing what it takes to be an NFL caliber defensive lineman in the process.

The big man has already accounted for 8.5 sacks and 11.5 tackles for a loss in nine games, and he's widely considered the best defensive player in the league by many of the MAC's coaches.

Wilkerson has the size and pure brute strength to be a true anchor in the middle, and his agility and quickness aid him in his quest to penetrate into opponent's backfields.

The former lightly recruited two-star prospect out of New Jersey's Linden High School made a name for himself after a stop at the prestigious Hargrave Military Academy, and so far, he's proved to be a true gem for Temple Coach Al Golden.

Wilkerson is by far and away the best player on a Temple defense that's the best in the MAC this season. He's the type of player that's indicative of the sneaky talented players Golden is starting to bring to the school.

this kid does sound like just the guy we are a lookin for!!!

Chiefster
02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Something that is very smelly. :lol:

:lol::lol:

kcred
02-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Drafting for need. Is not a good idea. (Tyson Jackson ) is is never a bad thing to upgrade any position. Also you want to pick the best player available. That makes the team better. Drafting for need in the 2nd rd. Did not make this a better team in 2010 Dexter mcCluster. Chiefs should have pickef best player