PDA

View Full Version : I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

josh1971
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Chiefs Designate Tamba Hali as Franchise Player (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Designate-Tamba-Hali-as-Franchise-Player/b37d010f-5dd0-4613-aa54-d3d009067c7e)

Not sure how I feel about this. I just hope a deal gets worked out, and like... YESTERDAY!

SIC J
02-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't think its going to be a problem and he will remain with the Chiefs.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-16-2011, 01:20 PM
If he doesn't remain with the team, we'll get two first round picks for him. I'd be fine with that, although I prefer to keep him.

matthewschiefs
02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.

4everchiefsfan25
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.

Ryfo18
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
They'll get a long term deal done eventually. It may or may not be this year, but Tamba will make a pretty penny regardless. With no CBA in place though, nothing is going to happen.

Jrudi
02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.

I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.

IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.

Injury Prone??? are you kidding me?? He played through 3 injuries a majority of the season. I don't consider that injury prone. Now if he had all of those injuries and missed a boat load of playing time then you worry... Mathew Stafford, Brodie Croyel, and Bob Sanders are Injury prone. Hali is just down right Tough!

matthewschiefs
02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.

Yeah I don't see Hali being upset about it either. The Salary cap could be larger then what it would have been this year before the new CBA so he might be able to get a little more. Both the players and the teams want to wait just to see what they are dealing with before they really work out a deal. Even the colts waited with Peyton Manning. It's just how this years shapeing up.

Boxermm187
02-16-2011, 07:13 PM
HALI is going to be a Chief for life......i hope!

honda522
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
It just gives them more time to get him a killer long term contract.

Coach
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Chiefs had no choice. Now they need to get a long term deal in place so that I don't have another orphan jersey.

hometeam
02-16-2011, 10:01 PM
I think itll be fine, Tamba cant be mad that hes guarenteed a top contract in the league at his position this year, this buys time for both sides to get a deal put together.

Chiefster
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
In the words of a highly esteemed, well spoken, intelligent, articulate spokesman with the highest of vocabulary integrity; and I quote: "Git-R-Done!"

tornadospotter
02-19-2011, 09:04 PM
In the words of a highly esteemed, well spoken, intelligent, articulate spokesman with the highest of vocabulary integrity; and I quote: "Git-R-Done!"
Thats my sisters cousin! He is a good ole boy. Git-R-Done!

Chiefster
02-21-2011, 12:14 AM

...And a real funny guy, but we digress.

4everchiefsfan25
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Injury Prone??? are you kidding me?? He played through 3 injuries a majority of the season. I don't consider that injury prone. Now if he had all of those injuries and missed a boat load of playing time then you worry... Mathew Stafford, Brodie Croyel, and Bob Sanders are Injury prone. Hali is just down right Tough!
Just because you dont miss a game doesn't mean you are not injury prone, the man had three different injuries all in the same season and from what I have heard his shoulder injury is pretty bad. Not once did I say he was injury prone but if I was running the Chiefs and I had to choose to franchise tag Hali or give him a huge contract I would rather franchise him just to make sure his injuries this year dont affect his play next year.

Also from what I have heard Tamba Hali wants Demarcus Ware money and IMO I just dont think he should get that kind of money he hasnt prooved enough to me to get that kind of money.

Ware stats
2005- 8 sacks 3FF
2006-11.5 sacks 5ff
2007-14 sacks 4ff
2008-20 sacks 6ff
2009-11 sacks 5ff
2010-15.5 sacks 2ff
Hali stats
2006-8 sacks 3ff
2007-7.5 sacks 2ff
2008-3 sacks 3ff
2009-8.5 sacks 4ff
2010-14.5 sacks 4ff

Hayvern
02-22-2011, 09:26 PM

I was always curious if he was really the way he is, or if it was mostly an act. He has to be smart to run his business affairs, but to hear him talk?

Connie Jo
02-23-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm not going to speculate whether they'll 'get r done' or not, haha. This much I not only speculate but believe strongly; for the Chiefs, or any team, to have winning seasons consecutively, their team needs to remain intact related to key players. Musical player teams may have a winning season here & there, but those teams who keep a team together as much as possible considering Free Agency...appear more consistent with consecutive winning seasons.

Connie Jo
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
~ random thought ~

I understand why Free Agency came to be, but I'm old enough to remember when many players spent most of their careers with the same team. I miss those days when a new season began I knew who would be playing for who. I don't follow all the off season trades much, & with each season beginning I'm confused as to who is playing for who, more often than not.