PDA

View Full Version : With the 21st pick in 2011 NFL Draft...

DC_Chiefsfan
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
the Kansas City Chiefs select

A) Phil Taylor

B) Aldon Smith

C) Mike Pouncey

D) Titus Young

Who would you want? If you're not a fan of the players, which position would you rather see addressed with the 21st pick?

Personally, I like Phil Taylor. He seems like a big strong prototypical Nose Tackle that our defense needs. I also, however, like Mr. Pouncey. He's smart, strong and agile; all of which would increase with our off-season (assuming we have one). I like Taylor over Pouncey only because of the severe drop in talent after Taylor at the NT position.

So how about it? Who do we draft folks?

Ryfo18
02-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I would say Aldon Smith first, in then Phil Taylor. Aldon Smith would be a tremendous OLB across from Hali. I also like Phil Taylor to be the NT of the future. He's the type of guy that can collapse the pocket, preventing the QB from stepping up and getting Tamba and Studebaker more sacks!

I'm not too fond of the other guys. Pouncey is nowhere near his brother's level, and that's where a lot of the hype is. Titus Young is climbing up boards, but I like Jon Baldwin better as a deep threat and he should be available at 21 also.

honda522
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
We really need some protection for cassel.

AkChief49
02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Pouncey

Coach
02-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I am not in favor of taking a guard or center in the 1st round.

I've not done my research on players thus year yet, so I can't comment on the names you've mentioned. I would be more comfortable with them taking one of these spots:
WR
OLB
NT

Honestly, I think studebaker can play olb. I think we need depth at NT which is another reason why I hope we sign Shaun Rogers. I would love to see us turn a weakness like WR into a position of strength. Sign a free agent and use one of out first 2 picks to get another one in the stable for depth. In fact I'd be happy to see them sign a fa WR and draft 2 wr's.

In an ideal world, Pioli would fill holes at NT, WR, C in free agency so we can draft the best player on the board.

tornadospotter
02-19-2011, 10:05 PM
A
YouTube - Phil Taylor vs Oklahoma
B
YouTube - DE Aldon Smith
C
YouTube - Rimington Watch List : Mike Pouncey - Florida
D
YouTube - TITUS YOUNG 2010

I hope I have the correct players. Having some video helps those of us that do not know the players coming out of college. I am sure there are many that we may never find film on, that can play, and will.

DC_Chiefsfan
02-19-2011, 10:55 PM

I've not done my research on players thus year yet, so I can't comment on the names you've mentioned. I would be more comfortable with them taking one of these spots:
WR
OLB
NT

Honestly, I think studebaker can play olb. I think we need depth at NT which is another reason why I hope we sign Shaun Rogers. I would love to see us turn a weakness like WR into a position of strength. Sign a free agent and use one of out first 2 picks to get another one in the stable for depth. In fact I'd be happy to see them sign a fa WR and draft 2 wr's.

In an ideal world, Pioli would fill holes at NT, WR, C in free agency so we can draft the best player on the board.

I agree we need depth at NT, but I think Rogers would play DE in our system. I hope we sign him too, but just as more D line depth.

DC_Chiefsfan
02-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for posting those videos Tspotter!

kcchiefs2982
02-20-2011, 10:11 AM
i think it should be

1. akeem ayers

2. justin housten

3. jonathan baldwin

4. titus young

pbatrucker
02-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Jon Baldwin has off field issues. Arrested for enterfering with the arrest of a team mate. Scouting reports are saying he doesn't play hard all the time and he trash talked his coach last year. Right 53?
IMO OT, OLB or NT is more likely at 21, Wr will come in 2nd or 3rd.

AkChief49
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM

WR
OLB
NT

you're probably right. But if Pouncey is anything like his brother-worth it in my opinion. How about Ryan Kalil? Have the Panthers re-signed him yet? We need the interior line shored up once again, especially if Casey retires. and everyone knows that Waters is getting there. You can have all the thouroughbreds you want, but it's the draft horse that gets the work done.

DC_Chiefsfan
02-21-2011, 08:23 AM
All I want out of the first round is to lock down a starting C, NT or OLB for the next 4-6 years. If that happens, I'm a happy Chiefs fan....actually I'm a happy chiefs fan all the time. BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!

Jrudi
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Out of the guys that were posted I would say Aldon smith as well.

Don't think he will be there at 21.

Phil Taylor would be nice to grab, but I think if they add Rogers they won't got DT in round 1.

Not sure if Titus young will be coming off the board in round 1 last I saw he was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder, his stock is rising but I bet if we grab him, it's in the 2nd or 3rd not the 1st.

I'm thinking Ayer's, Taylor, or an OT? (to start at RT not replace Albert). I really think we should trade back with New England and land pick 28 or 33, hopefully if we do this we can pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.