PDA

View Full Version : I've decided not to be a KC Superfan...Chiefs Crowd is first!

Connie Jo
02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I miss Chiefs Crowd. I'm telling my friends here first, that I've decided not to become a KC Superfan ya'll. I've had some thinking to do since attending the first KC Superfan meeting the Sunday after Superbowl. I can be the Superfan character I want, 'Red Legends'...thats not a problem, but...I learned I would be obligated to spend my time tailgating with the Superfans on game day. I wouldn't be happy not tailgating with my Chiefs Crowd friends.

My time would also be committed to the Superfans during the season especially, that it would interfere with my entertaining out of town Chiefs Crowd friends in my new KC home. That would totally bum me out. Y'all are first in my heart, family so to speak. I'm looking forward to some of y'all staying at my house when you come to KC for games. I guess I'm selfish, but I'm not willing to give up my Chiefs Crowd family.

chief31
02-23-2011, 11:09 PM
I miss Chiefs Crowd. I'm telling my friends here first, that I've decided not to become a KC Superfan ya'll. I've had some thinking to do since attending the first KC Superfan meeting the Sunday after Superbowl. I can be the Superfan character I want, 'Red Legends'...thats not a problem, but...I learned I would be obligated to spend my time tailgating with the Superfans on game day. I wouldn't be happy not tailgating with my Chiefs Crowd friends.

My time would also be committed to the Superfans during the season especially, that it would interfere with my entertaining out of town Chiefs Crowd friends in my new KC home. That would totally bum me out. Y'all are first in my heart, family so to speak. I'm looking forward to some of y'all staying at my house when you come to KC for games. I guess I'm selfish, but I'm not willing to give up my Chiefs Crowd family.

GREAT!!!

With a touching story like that, now I have to make it to a game to tailgate with you.
:yahoo:

Connie Jo
02-23-2011, 11:29 PM
GREAT!!!

With a touching story like that, now I have to make it to a game to tailgate with you.
:yahoo:

Well, it's a true story! hahaha When I attended the first Superfan meeting I began to realize what I'd have to sacrifice, including time spent with Chiefs Crowd friends. There were many factors to consider that I hadn't, not knowing at first what I know now. Sacrificing opportunities to tailgate & spend time with Chiefs friends was the most important factor.

Hayvern
02-24-2011, 12:57 AM

Weird, it seems a pretty closed off community for a group of people who would be promoting being a Chief's fan, but I am glad you are staying here with us!

tornadospotter
02-24-2011, 01:08 AM

Well all I have to say about this. I believe you are a Superfan! You are The Chiefs Crowd Superfan, named Red Legends! You can still be one of our Superfans! So get your Superfan attire made for game day anyway.

Connie Jo
02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Weird, it seems a pretty closed off community for a group of people who would be promoting being a Chief's fan, but I am glad you are staying here with us!

Well, the KC Superfans stated goal is to help kids in the KC community through working with local charities, & so on. Their plan is to make their tailgates a fundraising event, which if I understood correctly, means as a member you would need to particpate of course at their tailgates, contributing as a KC Superfan. As well, they intend to schedule many other events around KC as fundraisers, also requiring much committed time. As such, I can foresee my time being consumed in this aspect also, limiting time for other activities and/or personal committments.

Heck, sometimes I feel as if I'm burning my candle at both ends related to existing committments, such as my online volunteer counseling efforts through Facebook, messaging, emails, & other outlets. Although at times both time consuming & sad listening to heartbreaking stories, overall I find my efforts helping others providing emotional support, referrals to professional counselors, giving spiritual advice...rewarding.

All that said, it does appear to be a tight knit circle of friends/acquaintances among the Superfans, but that is to be expected naturally, as all 'social groups' are such. Speaking of which, I discovered there was a special interest with my being asked to join the Superfans, in addition to worthy merit, which was another factor I needed to consider.

Connie Jo
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Well all I have to say about this. I believe you are a Superfan! You are The Chiefs Crowd Superfan, named Red Legends! You can still be one of our Superfans! So get your Superfan attire made for game day anyway.

Oh, thanks TS!! This is why I've come to love y'all so much...you're REAL, genuinely good hearted, & positive personalities, fans & friends! I honestly can't imagine not being with Chiefs Crowd friends when possible at games...it truly would bum me out. Some of y'all have truly become 'family in heart', as well as being a family of Chiefs fans. :)

Connie Jo
02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Another reason of thought...my friend Kelly. Besides y'all, I told him my decision & reasons also, which he's in favor of. He's a very good friend too, & we've renewed our Chiefs Season Ticket seats we share for the 2011 season. We've more or less now made it a tradition for him & I to attend the Chiefs Draft Day Party together, celebrate his birthday, which is around the same time in April. The Superfans are also planning an event related to Draft Day, which I feel I'd need to participate in if a Superfan member...limiting my plans with Kelly.

Besides, although he gets along well with everyone I know of, I'm fairly certain Kelly wouldn't be as comfortable & enjoy tailgating with Superfans as much as he is, & does y'all. He doesn't get to come to KC & games often, since he lives in Wisconsin, so I wouldn't want my time & attention taken from him either when he's able to be here.

stricken721
02-26-2011, 09:48 PM
This is awesome.

The loyalty you have to Chiefs Crowd is awesome, Connie!

Love you and Chiefs Crowd! :chiefs:

Chiefster
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
God bless ya Connie! The Superfans loss is most definitely the Crowds gain. I only hope that the disappointment you feel over declining to be a part of the Superfans is overshadowed by the comradeship you have here with all of us!

Connie Jo
03-13-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't really feel any loss Chiefster, with my decision not to become a Superfan...rather I feel the opposite, a sense of relief and beneficial gain. The loss would've been not having the time to spend tailgating with Chiefs Crowd friends, nor being able to be a good hostess when some of y'all visit my home, even stay with me instead of at a hotel when in KC. There is only so much time in a person's life, and mine is already blessed with being very full...from spending time with kids, grandkids, & friends, including Chiefs Crowd friends...to helping others through volunteer counseling. As well, time dedicated to working on my house tranforming it into a home, and typical home maintenance also. I need time to take care of me too, as well as those I love & care about. :)