PDA

View Full Version : I'm liking this FB

DC_Chiefsfan
02-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Check this guy out. He's the number 1 rated FB in the draft.

YouTube - Henry Hynoski #27 Pitt Fullback

4everchiefsfan25
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I like him, he keeps his feet moving after first contact when blocking somebody also it looks like he has some pretty soft hands for a fb.

Jrudi
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Like him....

What round is he projected to go in? Might take a flyer on this guy, FB's aren't too coveted anymore, and He could probably do better than Tim Castille and Mike Cox.

Would be nice to draft one and keep him for awhile kinda like how T-Rich wash before we let him go to the Jets. (Dude is still kicking, slowly but he's kicking)

4everchiefsfan25
02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Like him....

What round is he projected to go in? Might take a flyer on this guy, FB's aren't too coveted anymore, and He could probably do better than Tim Castille and Mike Cox.

Would be nice to draft one and keep him for awhile kinda like how T-Rich wash before we let him go to the Jets. (Dude is still kicking, slowly but he's kicking)
T- Rich is still doing big things up in New York even though he is 80 years old

Seek
02-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't imagine him being a highly projected pick. Just a guess and I have no stats to support this, but I would bet historically kickers and punters are probably more often drafted higher.

I wouldn't have a problem using a 5th or 6th on him if he is that good, but anything else I would rather take a flyer on hoping to land a diamond in the rough WR, O-lineman or even QB to replace Brodie. Oh don't forget taking a shot on a pass rushing LB or Nose tackle.

4everchiefsfan25
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't imagine him being a highly projected pick. Just a guess and I have no stats to support this, but I would bet historically kickers and punters are probably more often drafted higher.

I wouldn't have a problem using a 5th or 6th on him if he is that good, but anything else I would rather take a flyer on hoping to land a diamond in the rough WR, O-lineman or even QB to replace Brodie. Oh don't forget taking a shot on a pass rushing LB or Nose tackle.
I agree with you FB just aren't worth a high draft pick

tornadospotter
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
I like him! If he can lead block like that in the NFL for Jamal, Wow! Can we say we like pancakes!

Chiefster
02-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Niceness!

For some reason he reminds me a little of T-Rich although T-Rich was used more to open up holes for the RB rather than a rusher himself.

hometeam
02-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Id have to see more of this guy blocking before I would begin to say its something we should waste a draft pick on, those little FB passes and scrambles the guy wouldnt get 2 yards on in the NFL.

DC_Chiefsfan
02-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I would gladly spend a 4th round or later on him if we don't get a FB through free agency. We are going to be running a "meat and potatoes" offense and as much as i like castille and cox, the fb needs to be upgraded for our offense to improve. Ideally, we could grab him with one of our 5ths.

wildcat
02-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Id have to see more of this guy blocking before I would begin to say its something we should waste a draft pick on, those little FB passes and scrambles the guy wouldnt get 2 yards on in the NFL.

My thoughts exactly. The video starts with him making a couple of nice blocks. I would want to know that he does that on a consistent basis before drafting him.

Having a FB that can pick up tough yardage and catch passes out of the backfield is nice, but if that was all we were after we could just put Jones at FB ( I am not recommending this). I bet Jones can do those things better at the NFL level anyway.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Uh...I did NOT expect to get that jacked up about a full back. That guy looks like a Boomer Grigsby, but with the ability to match the heart.

He enjoys blocking. Sign me up.