PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tender Gilberry

Jrudi
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
KC Star reports that the Chiefs have placed a 2nd round tender on Wallace Gilberry. (Which means they will receive a 2nd round pick from a team that tries to sign him)

This is good news! I wanted them to keep him around, and this looks like an attempt to keep him in KC, This should allow time for the CBA to work out so that we can re-sign him to an extension.

I like this guy's potential! He has shown flashes and I hope we can keep in around.

chiefnut
03-03-2011, 04:53 PM
he did have a good preseason, he seemed to be ready to push for a starting role, then he got dinged and kinda disapeared

stricken721
03-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm kind of neutral on this. His play was fairly decent, but he cost us a lot of yards due to penalties. Also, he shoved a coach, I'm not sure about what most fans would think, but I think that's a pretty big deal.

AkChief49
03-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm kind of neutral on this. His play was fairly decent, but he cost us a lot of yards due to penalties. Also, he shoved a coach, I'm not sure about what most fans would think, but I think that's a pretty big deal.
I did not know this. when and who did he shove? I remember Richardson shoving a coach.

Hayvern
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM

I think you have him mixed up with Richardson. Gilberry was a defensive end. I never remember him pushing a coach and never really heard of too many penalties called on him.

josh1971
03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah, are you sure you're not thinking of Barry Richardson? Costing us penalty yards and shoving a coach sounds more like his season than Gilberry's.

Wallace turned in 7 sacks, and had a pretty good year as a situational DE.

stricken721
03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I think you have him mixed up with Richardson. Gilberry was a defensive end. I never remember him pushing a coach and never really heard of too many penalties called on him.

You're right, I do apologize.

I was mistaking Gilberry for Richardson in everything that I stated.

I've had a week full of mid-term exams so my mind isn't completely on football.
:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd love to see ole Wallace back in there next season.

And it's a pretty high mark for him to require a 2nd rounder to take him out of KC.

Jrudi
03-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, He did well situationally for us. He is one of those "Quality Role Players" Pioli talks about.

He is a good role player, that I would love to have on this team for awhile. He is good at what he does as a rotational player, and adds depth to our DE position. I don't think he will every be considered elite at the position, but he is definitely a solid contributor on D.

Jrudi
03-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Just read that along with Gilberry, the Chiefs placed tenders on Brandon Carr and Barry Richardson.

Carr received a 1st round tender and Richardson received a 2nd round tender.

Both seem like high picks to give up for the players so we will likely see them in a Chiefs uniform again next season.

As for FA's to be that didn't get tendered: Jackie Battle, Tim Castille, and Ryan O'Callahan did not receive a Contract tender

Happy about Carr, would like to replace Richardson. Not really affected by the one's that didn't recieve one. With battle not getting one, maybe a sign we will look at a late round RB in the draft??

josh1971
03-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Just read that along with Gilberry, the Chiefs placed tenders on Brandon Carr and Barry Richardson.

Both seem like high picks to give up for the players so we will likely see them in a Chiefs uniform again next season.

As for FA's to be that didn't get tendered: Jackie Battle, Tim Castille, and Ryan O'Callahan did not receive a Contract tender

Happy about Carr, would like to replace Richardson. Not really affected by the one's that didn't recieve one. With battle not getting one, maybe a sign we will look at a late round RB in the draft??

Not real worried about the three who didn't get tenders.

hometeam
03-05-2011, 08:52 PM
If we arent bringing back TJ, I would like to see Battle in the lineup.

josh1971
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Is there some news or something that we're not bringing TJ back?

Hayvern
03-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Is there some news or something that we're not bringing TJ back?

He is only in his first year of a two year contract. I don't see any reason he would not be back for that second year. He was serviceable all season and was a good compliment to Charles.

4everchiefsfan25
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM

It would be a dream come true for Pioli and Haley if they could get a 2nd rounder for Richardson:lol:

4everchiefsfan25
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Lets just hope somebody will pay up for him :smile

chiefnut
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
all these "tender offers" are all hedges against the new labor agreement. no team will try and sign a tendered player until they see what the new cba will be. most of these offers seem to be on the high side as far as the compensatory draft pick goes. its like setting a price high so that no one will buy it plan.