PDA

View Full Version : My 1st crack at a Chiefs Mock draft...

DC_Chiefsfan
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
1st round - NT. "BIG" Phil Taylor. This guy will anchor our defense for years. If he's there at No.21, he's a no brainer.

2nd round - ROT. Jason Pinkston. We have very little OT depth and Pinkston could challenge Richardson at starting RT.

3rd round - ILB. Casey Mathews. I know he's more of a big name, but we're think at ILB. And although I do like Belcher where he's at, Mathews would bring competition and a pure passion for the game. He would also be a great special teamer.

4th round - QB. Greg McElroy. We need a smart, young QB to spell Mr. Cassel. For some reason, he reminds me of cassel so I think he would step in to our offense very well if need be. Plus, he's a winner.

5th round a) - OC. Ryan Bartholomew. I think he'll fall here. The guy is tough, strong, athletic and a winner. He's a ready made ZBS center who will be our starter after 1 year behind Weigman.

5th round b) - FB. Henry Hynoski. 6'2" 260lb of blocking machine. Add him to our "meat and potatoes" offense and Charles may not get hit the whole season. I love this guy and hope we pick him up. He's also a very good pass catcher out of the backfield.

7th round - WR. Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. Good Hands, good returner, good blocker, good special teamer. Do Haley and Pioloi value versatility? Plus, Pioli might have the inside track from his buddy Ferentz up in Iowa.

We have so many needs, its really difficult to assess what the Chiefs are leaning towards. I do believe the Chiefs will sign Shaun Smith and Ron Edwards during Free Agency, plus address the WR position. We are a team on the verge of a deep playoff run and we need experience and proven talent at WR2.

What do you guys think?

pbatrucker
03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Your mock looks pretty good, but that 7th rd pick isn't going to fly. He has drug related problems in Iowa.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Your mock looks pretty good, but that 7th rd pick isn't going to fly. He has drug related problems in Iowa.

damn, i only had two good sources for him and neither mentioned drug problems. You can take him off the list and probably add a TE in that slot if Pioli continues his draft tradition.

stricken721
03-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Nice Mock Draft! :mel3:

josh1971
03-05-2011, 07:38 PM
We are thin at ILB, but you mention you like Belcher where he's at. How about that other cat? Oh, what's his name.....?

Oh yeah, Derrick Johnson :D

Still, I do like the pick- ILB is a good spot to have depth against the run game.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-07-2011, 07:34 AM
I wanted to fit in a RB as well. I really like Roy Helu from Nebraska. I didn't see an immediate need for OLB either since we have Studebaker and Shefield waiting in the wings and I think Vrable has 1 more year of backup service left in him.