PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Party

dennystillchiefs
03-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Always wanted to come down to the draft day party at Arrowhead,was wondering what it was like, was wondering what you guys thought of that been to one, or go to all of them, We leave in Wisconsin being about a six hour drive,trying to talk a couple fellow chiefs fans of comeing down for a day or two.Just wondering whos usually there, what do they usually do, what to expect,Oh hell I think Iam coming down,to get my football fix,should hold me over to opening day.should be a nice time of the year in Kansas City right?:yahoo:

Connie Jo
03-19-2011, 01:07 AM
For many years I attended Draft Day annually with my family...kids, grandkids. Life transition halted our family tradition with April 2007 being the first year in many we didn't attend Draft Day as a family. Well, last year my annual tradition of attending Chiefs Draft Day at Arrowhead was re-established! A very good friend & fellow Chiefs fan [who also lives in Wisconsin coincidentally] and I attended Draft Day April 2010. We had much fun, in fact, it was one of the most enjoyable & memorable Draft Days I've attended, for many reasons, including Eric Berry being our first round pick, which I predicted.

My Wisconsin friends birthday is also in April, usually near the Draft Day date, so we combined celebrating his birthday with attending Draft Day together. We have plans to do the same this year, assuming there will be a Draft Day party at Arrowhead's Training Facility as is tradtionally hosted.

Draft Day is what you make of it...I find it fun & entertaining. It also helps a little bit with off season withdrawals, haha. Nothing compares to being at Arrowhead on game day, but at Draft Day you will certainly be surrounded by a sea of red...fellow Chiefs fans in Chiefs gear sharing & enjoying the party event. :)

dennystillchiefs
03-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks Connie Jo If things go right we will be down I always wanted to do draft day anyway. After the long winter we had in Wisconsin this year,Iam ready to come down to Kansas City, Got to be a niece time of the year to be in KC. LIttle warmer down in KC then Wisconsin this time of year.I heard that they might hold the draft Day in arrowhead this year . in the club area I would think. Don,t know if thats true, but I did hear that.I got to call down Friday for seat upgrade,it will be interesting to see what they have.I like are seat were they are at in sec 114 near the tunnel we have alot of fun there ,being that close to the players, when they come out.So I probley stay were we are at. anyway If We make it down for draft day. would love to meet some of yous. Alway fun to meet other Chief fans.

YZILLA
03-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Draft day was cool when they had it on a Saturday. They ruined it for the people who have to drive a long distance to be apart of it. I went down with a group of friends and we tailgated it until the royals game let out that night around 11:30. We started with about 10 people and it grew to around 20-30 by the time it was all done. We cooked a huge pork loin on the grill and people just had to stop by to try some- lol! We need up going to the liquor store for 6 more 30 packs around 6 that nite.we Were the only ones in the parking lot a couple hours after it ended couldn't believe it. But we drove along way to take it all in and party like we would before a game.go to YouTube and search yzilla and you will see some of the videos we took at the draft party. We even did some interviews of fan reactions to the pics. Kinda semi drunk ones but still let's you know what the draft party is like from a fans point of view! I wish they would have left it on the weekend. Thursday is so stupid! Check the link under my picture and make sure to search all videos . There are several under draft party.

Connie Jo
03-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks Connie Jo If things go right we will be down I always wanted to do draft day anyway. After the long winter we had in Wisconsin this year,Iam ready to come down to Kansas City, Got to be a niece time of the year to be in KC. LIttle warmer down in KC then Wisconsin this time of year.I heard that they might hold the draft Day in arrowhead this year . in the club area I would think. Don,t know if thats true, but I did hear that.I got to call down Friday for seat upgrade,it will be interesting to see what they have.I like are seat were they are at in sec 114 near the tunnel we have alot of fun there ,being that close to the players, when they come out.So I probley stay were we are at. anyway If We make it down for draft day. would love to meet some of yous. Alway fun to meet other Chief fans.

Yep! The Chiefs officially announced their Draft Day Party details last week, and it will be held at Arrowhead this year, rather not the training facility as in yrs. past. Considering the current lockout situation, it appears no current Chiefs players will attend, but the details do state former Alumni Chiefs players will be in attendance for meet & greets with fans, as well as autographing any items you may want autographed. Fine by me, I love meeting Chiefs players from the past. :)

Connie Jo
03-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Draft day was cool when they had it on a Saturday. They ruined it for the people who have to drive a long distance to be apart of it. I went down with a group of friends and we tailgated it until the royals game let out that night around 11:30. We started with about 10 people and it grew to around 20-30 by the time it was all done. We cooked a huge pork loin on the grill and people just had to stop by to try some- lol! We need up going to the liquor store for 6 more 30 packs around 6 that nite.we Were the only ones in the parking lot a couple hours after it ended couldn't believe it. But we drove along way to take it all in and party like we would before a game.go to YouTube and search yzilla and you will see some of the videos we took at the draft party. We even did some interviews of fan reactions to the pics. Kinda semi drunk ones but still let's you know what the draft party is like from a fans point of view! I wish they would have left it on the weekend. Thursday is so stupid! Check the link under my picture and make sure to search all videos . There are several under draft party.

I agree! Moving it to Thursday was simply another sell out of fans for profit. The NFL gets higher bids for network airing rights having it on Thursday night...a night that draws high TV viewer ratings, much more than a Saturday mid day. What irritates me more though, is how they attempt to manipulate fans into believing the change is for their benefit, lol..."more fans will be able to watch on Thursday night". Some truth to that, which is why the profit is higher for them, and the real truth behind the change of day/time.