PDA

View Full Version : Bought a hand gun today.

honda522
03-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Been wanting one for a long time and finally got one. Its a Ruger SR9 9mm. Very nice one and I am glad I got this one. I was at the gun show when I bought it. I must have come back to the same gun 4 or 5 times in 2 hours.

I have a ruger 10/22, never jams...so I am hoping won't get jams with this one.

Anyone else have a gun?

N TX Dave
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Not a gun but many guns and you are right the 10/22 just keeps shooting. My 9mm is a Tarurs and it has never jammed on me. One of my favorite guns is a on old Hi Standard 22, 9 shot revolver I love shooting it, you can shoot it all day for no cost.

matthewschiefs
03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Don't own a gun but now that you do i would just like to say i agree with every post you have ever made.:D

70 chiefsfan70
03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I own several handguns,but my favorites are the Walthers P99 (9 mil.) and Walther P 22. I used to shoot a lot but work has been slow, and ammo keeps getting more expensive. Also have two sons that have started shooting, so I've switched more to my shotguns, I can reload some good but very inexpensive loads, around 3 bucks a box for 28 guage. 4 bucks for 20 guage. My favorite shotgun is the Beretta 391. I'v shot thousands of rounds and has never jammed and (shame on me) I've never cleaned it. Also like Browning citori 20 guage.

I love guns and if I had the money I would own thousands. well at least hundreds.

I'm fortunate to have my own redneck shooting range right off my back deck.

Connie Jo
03-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Don't own a gun but now that you do i would just like to say i agree with every post you have ever made.:D

:lol:

I own a gun too, so you best agree with all my posts too, hahahaha. ;)

I've had my gun for several years, it's a Ruger also...9MM (P89DC). Mine's never jammed when target practicing, nor firing in the air to scare off wild animals that appeared threatening to my dogs where I use to live. Now that I think about it...where am I gonna target practice since moving to Kansas City? I use to live in no mans land on 80 acres, nearest neighbor a mile away...not the case now, haha.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Owning guns in Australia is not illegal but I think it is limited to handguns. And you need a liscnence or you need to be a farmer. For instance if you're a farmer and you are allowed to own a gun it could be a handgun or a shotgun but it couldnt be an Aussault rifle or SMG.

Persoanally I dont plan on ever getting a gone unless it is for my own safety or if it is for sport. The average person here has never even touched a gun. Basically guns are not a normal sight in sydney and if you saw a person with one, you would think he is mugging you LOL

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Owning guns in Australia is not illegal but I think it is limited to handguns. And you need a liscnence or you need to be a farmer. For instance if you're a farmer and you are allowed to own a gun it could be a handgun or a shotgun but it couldnt be an Aussault rifle or SMG.

Persoanally I dont plan on ever getting a gone unless it is for my own safety or if it is for sport. The average person here has never even touched a gun. Basically guns are not a normal sight in sydney and if you saw a person with one, you would think he is mugging you LOL

:bananen_smilies046:Its an American thing.

tornadospotter
03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
I have no hand guns, but I have 2 shotguns and a small caliber rifle, ( its a 22 caliber, I am so ashamed, I do not own a bigger rifle, I am the black sheep in my family.) But I do not hunt deer, I go small game hunting. I do want to buy a hand gun, and a large caliber rifle, for protection, when the world ends and chaos rules. :smile

Coach
03-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Been wanting one for a long time and finally got one. Its a Ruger SR9 9mm. Very nice one and I am glad I got this one. I was at the gun show when I bought it. I must have come back to the same gun 4 or 5 times in 2 hours.

I have a ruger 10/22, never jams...so I am hoping won't get jams with this one.

Anyone else have a gun?
YouTube - Shooting the Ruger SR9: Ruger Got It Right, Part 2

AussieChiefsFan
03-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Its an American thing.
Definately LOL!
In canada are guns a common thing?

Canada
03-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Definately LOL!
In canada are guns a common thing?Nope, its about the same as Australia here. Guns for hunting but no handguns on people while they are walking down the street. Thats just crazy if you ask me.

AussieChiefsFan
03-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Nope, its about the same as Australia here. Guns for hunting but no handguns on people while they are walking down the street. Thats just crazy if you ask me.

Agreed. :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
03-30-2011, 01:28 AM

:bananen_smilies046:
Aussie, its a right for Americans to bear arms, its in our constitution. Alot of people go hunting with their guns and others target practice. Some how, every once in awhile, someone who shouldn't belong near a gun gets ahold of one and people get shot.

Personally, the gun control here in the US isn't what it should be. My dad got his AK-47 after filling a short form out. I just bought my gun and it only took me 10 mins of waiting time. It seems to easy for a single person to get ahold of a gun legally.

If you ever get the chance to go shooting...take it, cause it is fun and you will enjoy it.

Connie Jo
03-30-2011, 01:48 AM
The reality for me is that it wouldn't matter how strict our gun control laws were, the criminal element in our society will always be able to obtain guns illegally. The bottom line is guns don't kill people, people kill people. You could eliminate all guns in society, but violent crime won't be stopped, nor reduced. If someone has a mind of violence they have many weapons to choose from, including chemical.

Chiefster
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Remember guns don't kill people...husbands that come home early do. :lol:

Chiefster
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
The reality for me is that it wouldn't matter how strict our gun control laws were, the criminal element in our society will always be able to obtain guns illegally. The bottom line is guns don't kill people, people kill people. You could eliminate all guns in society, but violent crime won't be stopped, nor reduced. If someone has a mind of violence they have many weapons to choose from, including chemical.

Absolutely agreed! Rep!

Canada
03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Aussie, its a right for Americans to bear arms, its in our constitution. Alot of people go hunting with their guns and others target practice. Some how, every once in awhile, someone who shouldn't belong near a gun gets ahold of one and people get shot.

Personally, the gun control here in the US isn't what it should be. My dad got his AK-47 after filling a short form out. I just bought my gun and it only took me 10 mins of waiting time. It seems to easy for a single person to get ahold of a gun legally.

If you ever get the chance to go shooting...take it, cause it is fun and you will enjoy it.

I highly doubt that AK47s is why the Right to Bear Arms came to be.

Guns are legal in the US and more people are murdered in the US than anywhere else in North and South America. I dont think thats a coincidence.

Canada
03-30-2011, 11:36 AM

While I agree with the premise that guns dont kill people, people kill people, I do however disagree with the rest. Canada and the US are two very similar countries, but the murder rate here is significantly lower than in the US. The fact that guns are easy to get plays a large factor in their use both legally and illegally. The more guns there are...the more people are going to use them.

matthewschiefs
03-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Remember guns don't kill people...husbands that come home early do. :lol:

:lol::sterb184:

AkChief49
03-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I highly doubt that AK47s is why the Right to Bear Arms came to be.

Guns are legal in the US and more people are murdered in the US than anywhere else in North and South America. I dont think thats a coincidence.
that is simply not true-http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms- as you can see, Columbia(a South American country) is significantly higher than the U.S.. Click on per capita and we fall to #8 below Mexico and Costa Rica. I do not condone murder but if I have a weapon, I might be able to stop my own."The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" Owning a weapon is not for everyone. Neither is drinking and driving, but a lot of people do it. More people(17,000) will die this year due to drunk driving than guns. Shall we take all the cars away as well?Drinking and Driving Accidents in the US (http://www.alcoholalert.com/drinking-driving-accidents.html)

AkChief49
03-31-2011, 01:30 AM
Murders with firearms (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map. (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir_percap-crime-murders-firearms-per-capita)

sorry about that. Oh, and here is another food for thought. If our Justice system was working we would not be having this conversation. Murder is Illegal with or without a gun. They keep wanting to restrict this and that as far as guns go. New laws! we do not need new laws when the ones we have on the books are fine, as long as they are followed to the letter. I'm with CJ on this. It's people who kill people, period. The last study they did was to leave a loaded gun on the table to see what would happen.....nothing. It did not jump up and cap any body in the a$$! A parked car without a drunk person driving in it curiously will not kill anyone either.
If you do not like guns, that's fine. Call me a redneck or whatever if you want, but I like guns. Grew up with them. People who want to own one should be able to, as long as they are legally able to.
The #1 cause of death in America is Heart disease. #2 is cancer. The numbers in these categories are way beyond what guns do(again, not in anyway condoning it)so if everyone had a gun and hunted for their food, they would be eating better(way less fat in wild game) and living healthier. Hey, it's an idea.

AussieChiefsFan
03-31-2011, 05:47 AM

Yeah, I mean dont get me wrong, Im not completely against guns but Canada has has got a point with the most murders thing.

My friend owns a farm out west (we live in Sydney so out west is the country/bush) (not an actual farm that harvests crops but he just owns a few acres of land and has some animals) and he also owns a rifle to shoot rabbits. And last year he brought a rifle scope to school and showed us. it was pretty awesome, but if he brought the actual rifle he would probably get into trouble somehow LOL

Hayvern
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Nope, its about the same as Australia here. Guns for hunting but no handguns on people while they are walking down the street. Thats just crazy if you ask me.

You guys make is sound like it is the wild wild west here in the states. I don't know what it is like in other parts of the country, but I can guarantee you that you will not see people walking down the street with a firearm strapped to their hip in the US unless they are a police officer.

While it is perfectly legal to do so, it is not something that occurs.

Canada
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
You guys make is sound like it is the wild wild west here in the states. I don't know what it is like in other parts of the country, but I can guarantee you that you will not see people walking down the street with a firearm strapped to their hip in the US unless they are a police officer.

a lot more people get shot inthe US than they do in Canada. /the difference i see is the amount of guns there are in the US

AussieChiefsFan
04-01-2011, 04:24 AM

That's true as well i guess.

Hayvern
04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
a lot more people get shot inthe US than they do in Canada. /the difference i see is the amount of guns there are in the US

Oh, I don't know, I think there are other things in play as well. How bad is the gang problem in Canada? How many drug runners do you have in Canada coming in from Mexico?

Canada
04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh, I don't know, I think there are other things in play as well. How bad is the gang problem in Canada? How many drug runners do you have in Canada coming in from Mexico?So putting guns in the gang members hands is you solution to the problem?

Chiefster
04-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Gun control laws in this country keep honest people honest. If one is the kind of person that will commit violent crime using a firearm then one is most likely the kind of person that will not obtain that firearm legally in the first place; thus making guns illegal will not prevent this sort of crime IMO. If one is set on injuring people, committing murder or suicide then one will do so whether they are in possession of a firearm or not. Just my two cents.

Canada
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
While I agree with you chiefster, the fact that guns are legal is also why they are so easily accessible.

Chiefster
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
...A very good point Canada.

Seek
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Here is something I have learned in Tactical traing. We have even trained for this and proved it out... 9 times out of 10... If a person has a Knife pulled, they will kill the person with the gun... The person with the knife has more time to act than a person trying to pull a gun from concealment. If you are not trained on this situation you will lose....

I used to be like Canada. Didn't want nothing to do with a gun, and I still wont carry it, but the more and more I see how stupid some people are. I get worried that I may be put in a bad position, where I would be helpless to do anything to protect myself, my wife or my kids or innocent people. I know I have the training, and I practice alot to probably come out on the better side of things should something happen. I know I can out shoot a majority of the Police force in my city. At least I know I can against all I have faced. That is the key to the hand guns in my opinion. The concealed carry class was a joke, people left that class looking down the barrel to see if it was loaded. Even police officers who may require to use the gun to save their own life, does not take the time to practice enough on their own. Chances are the thugs they will be going against are well practiced.

I do own one and I shoot competitively. I only do it for fun, but should someone break into my house and make their way to me. By the time I have opened my safe, loaded the Mag not located in the same area as my gun, and get to my kids. That person probably had it coming.

I don't go tricking it out and loading my shots just barely enough to make the gun go bang, like many other competitors do, but I have done decent at most shoots... I shoot in the Limited B divisions..

Edit.. To clarify, I don't shoot cops. I shoot against them in competitions... The only cop I shot was a good friend, and he took some slag in his leg after I hit a steel target. The one and only time he shot in shorts.

Seek
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
While I agree with you chiefster, the fact that guns are legal is also why they are so easily accessible.

And Alcohol kills, yet you like to drink it for fun. Guns are part of the US, they are here.... Taking them away would be kind of like taking away Beer.

matthewschiefs
04-13-2011, 01:04 PM

I don't think that I can 100% agree on this. Pot is not legal and it's far more common for someone to have pot then it's for them to have a gun. In our society for some reason the moment something is illegal people seem to want it more. That's just how it seems to be here.

Hayvern
04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think that I can 100% agree on this. Pot is not legal and it's far more common for someone to have pot then it's for them to have a gun. In our society for some reason the moment something is illegal people seem to want it more. That's just how it seems to be here.

The fact that a person from another country would have a very hard time buying a weapon in this country, even though firearms are legal.

Yet, these same persons would be able to buy just about any controlled drug without so much as a second look supports this conclusion.

jwill 747
04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
i have a couple 22 rifles and a HR 22 revolver.i also own a 243 and a 30/30 for deer hunting and two 20 gauge shotguns

tornadospotter
04-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I have two handguns that I wear in low slung holsters on each leg, the holsters are tide down to my legs, I can draw them faster than any in my family.
I need a new family, anybody want to join? :D

I have guns, I use them when I need them. I have killed before with my guns(hunting), and I hope to again.

:yahoo:

I like pheasants and birds of feather, I have not hunted deer or larger animals, never had the opportunity. I like hunting, never get much time to do it anymore.

My guns are for hunting, but if needed, they will defend.

Take my guns, not going to happen, I will be dead, unless I give them to a family member, or sold at an auction after my death.
I will always own a gun. If you do not like it, I do not care. :11:

Connie Jo
04-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Gun control laws in this country keep honest people honest. If one is the kind of person that will commit violent crime using a firearm then one is most likely the kind of person that will not obtain that firearm legally in the first place; thus making guns illegal will not prevent this sort of crime IMO. If one is set on injuring people, committing murder or suicide then one will do so whether they are in possession of a firearm or not. Just my two cents.

THIS!! :)

Canada
04-22-2011, 01:45 PM

You cant murder someone with a joint.

And it is decriminalized in Canada

hometeam
04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Just to throw this out there.

It may be tough for peple from other countries to understand.

The REASON we have the right to bear arms in our constitution is very simple

We have the right to bear arms so that THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY CAN OVERTHROW OUR GOVERNMENT IF NEED BE.

When the US gained freedom from england hundreds of years ago, england had, amoung other things, declared all guns illegal, for the sole purpose of quelling uprising. So, when the constitution was penned, one of the top things on the list was to make sure that that PEOPLE of this country, had the right to overthrow a tyrannical government.

Now, you can argue semantics all you want. The founding fathers could never imagine tanks or jets or other things, so yes, if the american people wanted to overthrow the government they would have a hard row to hoe. That doesnt change the fact that the sole reason for the right to bear arms was to keep our officials working in the service of the PEOPLE. Did that happen ? haha i think we all know the answer to that :P. Over time the constitution has been interpereted many ways, including self protection etc etc. I just thought some of you foreign types might benefit from a little history lesson~

I CCW a tuarus pt 24/7, including the time most of you met me at the chiefs game last year :D

Seek
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
You cant murder someone with a joint.

And it is decriminalized in Canada

If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way and people get murdered all the time over drugs or under the influence of drugs..

The point of the post, was to point out, that gun or no gun, the intent of the person using it, will find a way to kill. Also, I previously posted, A person who has a knife will 9 times out 10 kills a person with a gun, who is still holstered.

take away guns, and people will start using Knives, Take away Knives they will use Bow and Arrows, Swords, baseball bats, their own hands... etc....

Canada
04-27-2011, 06:52 AM
If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way and people get murdered all the time over drugs or under the influence of drugs..

The point of the post, was to point out, that gun or no gun, the intent of the person using it, will find a way to kill. Also, I previously posted, A person who has a knife will 9 times out 10 kills a person with a gun, who is still holstered.

take away guns, and people will start using Knives, Take away Knives they will use Bow and Arrows, Swords, baseball bats, their own hands... etc....

Really?

ratty9
04-27-2011, 07:37 AM
thats cool id love one myself

chief31
04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way

thats cool id love one myself

Well.... Holler when you get hooked up.:SmokinBanana:

Canada
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I got some, come on over

chief31
04-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I got some, come on over

Can't afford that cab ride, or I would be on the way.

Connie Jo
04-28-2011, 03:13 AM

THIS!!!!

Connie Jo
04-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Really?

Yep!! All they would have to do is lace the joint to be deadly!! :/

Canada
04-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Comparing the dangers of guns to the dangers of weed is ridiculous. With that logic you could but a cheeseburger laced with arsenic so now cheeseburgers might as well be a loaded gun. Fact is, guns are allowed in the US and the murder rate there is much higher than most other countries. Coincidence? I dont think so.

Seek
04-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Really?

My response was more of a sarcastic response but Yes, Someone could lace the Pot with a chemical that could kill you. I know it is a far strech, but it is possible. Fact of the matter if someone wanted to, they would find a way. The point though was the gun itself does not kill people but the person using it does. Guns are just the easiest and more preferred way of doing it. Take the gun away and someone will find a substitute.

A more likely result would be a car accident under the influence. Specially if someone was driving on snow....Maybe in a hurry to get to the airport, and the influenced person was doing 5 on the major interstate.

Seek
04-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Comparing the dangers of guns to the dangers of weed is ridiculous. With that logic you could but a cheeseburger laced with arsenic so now cheeseburgers might as well be a loaded gun. Fact is, guns are allowed in the US and the murder rate there is much higher than most other countries. Coincidence? I dont think so.

It is ridiculous your right. However, if you want to look at the murder rate in the US and Canada, the cause is so much more than just owning the gun. You could look into how our country was developed into social classes. Then compare murder rates withing regions within the US. You go out into the Country and away from the big cities, everyone owns a gun and just like Canada they leave their house wide open with no fear of robbers, they also expect everyone to wave at each other when they pass each other on the road and are generally pleasant to everyone.

So comparing murder in the Us to the fact of owning gusn, is king of like saying the higher Suicide rate of Females in Canada compared to US is directly related to the males in Canada. Now I say that jokingly of course, because there really isn't that big of a difference between Canada and the US, but Japanese women, compared to most of the world. Wow.

chief31
04-28-2011, 08:51 AM
One reason many murders would not take place without guns is because of all the added effort that would go into it.

Without a gun, premeditation is going to be far more important.

For example.... A man drove up to the local DQ store and shot his ex-wife during prime business hours.

Now, without the gun, there is certainly a chance that he just plans deeper and accomplishes the task.

However, with the extra time it takes to plan and execute the crime, that leaves that much more time for an emotionally stressed individual to cool off, think it over, and make a better choice.

Most people choosing to kill another are scared out of their minds of doing it, or do it before having the opportunity to put any thought into it.

A gun is the quickest manor of killing available to an individual. Take that away, slow down the process, and you give people more time to change their minds.

With that said.....

I am in favor of a man's right to arms.

I realize that it comes with a far higher risk, and will ultimately result in more tragedies, even raising the chances that one of those tragedies would effect me.

But I am behind individual liberties in social matters like this.

Canada
04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
It is ridiculous your right. However, if you want to look at the murder rate in the US and Canada, the cause is so much more than just owning the gun. You could look into how our country was developed into social classes. Then compare murder rates withing regions within the US. You go out into the Country and away from the big cities, everyone owns a gun and just like Canada they leave their house wide open with no fear of robbers, they also expect everyone to wave at each other when they pass each other on the road and are generally pleasant to everyone.

So comparing murder in the Us to the fact of owning guns, is king of like saying the higher Suicide rate of Females in Canada compared to US is directly related to the males in Canada. Now I say that jokingly of course, because there really isn't that big of a difference between Canada and the US, but Japanese women, compared to most of the world. Wow.

So you honestly dont think that the face that plays a part in it? I think that guns are readily available plays a huge role in the fact that there is a higher murder rate. Im not saying it is the only reason. Obviously there are a lot of factors that are involved. But like you said, the US and Canada share a lot of those same classes and values. The biggest differences I see in Canada v US is Healthcare, Military and Guns. So if you think that everyone having guns does not contribute (to some degree, not solely) to the murder rate, I think you are ignoring a pretty glaring fact.

This being said, I have no problem with Americans carrying guns...I live in Canada. But I have never had any trouble like that when I am in the states. I understand that its the individuals who carry them that make them dangerous, unfortunately it seems that for every responsible gun owner, you could just as easily have an irresponsible gun owner. I agree, dont give up your rights, but I would argue that procuring and registering one should be more difficult and gun related crimes should have tougher penalties.

Seek
04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
So you honestly dont think that the face that plays a part in it? I think that guns are readily available plays a huge role in the fact that there is a higher murder rate. Im not saying it is the only reason. Obviously there are a lot of factors that are involved. But like you said, the US and Canada share a lot of those same classes and values. The biggest differences I see in Canada v US is Healthcare, Military and Guns. So if you think that everyone having guns does not contribute (to some degree, not solely) to the murder rate, I think you are ignoring a pretty glaring fact.

This being said, I have no problem with Americans carrying guns...I live in Canada. But I have never had any trouble like that when I am in the states. I understand that its the individuals who carry them that make them dangerous, unfortunately it seems that for every responsible gun owner, you could just as easily have an irresponsible gun owner. I agree, dont give up your rights, but I would argue that procuring and registering one should be more difficult and gun related crimes should have tougher penalties.

Canada, I agree with you 100%. Specialy about the regulations and penalties. I just know, that gun or no gun. If someone was in my house intending to cause harm on my family. I am trained well enough to do my best to defend my family better with a gun and my underwear than I am with just my underwear. Most gun owners feel that way.

chief31
04-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Canada, I agree with you 100%. Specialy about the regulations and penalties. I just know, that gun or no gun. If someone was in my house intending to cause harm on my family. I am trained well enough to do my best to defend my family better with a gun and my underwear than I am with just my underwear. Most gun owners feel that way.

Ya know.....

A nice dog can be just as effective, if not more, in home defense.

A dog let's intruders know immediately that they have trouble. Often before a home invasion even occurs.

Prevention at it's finest.

And, in my underwear, my two dogs and I are equally as formidable as some guy wiping eye boogers away while disengaging the safety on a handgun, in the dark.

And we are far less likely to actually kill the intruder, who could be a friend that thought he was welcome. (But we will still have the option. :D )

I own a gun. But it is not a viable option for home defense because all the safety features I have to use for it, because I have kids in the house.

By the time I have gotten my gun case unlock, my ammo case unlocked, gun loaded, armed and ready.... the dogs will have the job all finished up, with no deaths.

Seek
04-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Ya know.....

A nice dog can be just as effective, if not more, in home defense.

A dog let's intruders know immediately that they have trouble. Often before a home invasion even occurs.

Prevention at it's finest.

And, in my underwear, my two dogs and I are equally as formidable as some guy wiping eye boogers away while disengaging the safety on a handgun, in the dark.

And we are far less likely to actually kill the intruder, who could be a friend that thought he was welcome. (But we will still have the option. :D )

I own a gun. But it is not a viable option for home defense because all the safety features I have to use for it, because I have kids in the house.

By the time I have gotten my gun case unlock, my ammo case unlocked, gun loaded, armed and ready.... the dogs will have the job all finished up, with no deaths.

Not all people are dog lovers. I am but my dogs are my first alert and alert only. They are boston terriers so they are small and will cause no harm to any criminal because they are loving in nature to humans. They may rack a guy jumping up on him for attention but that would be it. If I got bigger dogs, we would have to sleep on the floor, because those little dogs take up enough room already.

My gun is locked up as well with Ammo located in a different spot for the kids as well, but if the intruder still makes his way to me, by the times I have it loaded, they have it coming to them.

chief31
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Not all people are dog lovers. I am but my dogs are my first alert and alert only. They are boston terriers so they are small and will cause no harm to any criminal because they are loving in nature to humans. They may rack a guy jumping up on him for attention but that would be it. If I got bigger dogs, we would have to sleep on the floor, because those little dogs take up enough room already.

My gun is locked up as well with Ammo located in a different spot for the kids as well, but if the intruder still makes his way to me, by the times I have it loaded, they have it coming to them.

Well dogs are not the end-all, be-all answer. But I find it to be ten times as effective an option, and ten times as safe on top of that.

Even small dogs, if they are protective of the home, can cancel a majority of attempts to intrude. And, slow down and preoccupy a threat long enough to give you a serious advantage with a lesser weapon. (Ball bat, or something.)

I just think that a firearm, when you have children, is a poor option for home protection.

And the odds of some kind of an accident are vastly higher.

But I do support one's right to defend their home, firearms, or not.

The only practical uses I have for a firearm are for hunting, and for apocolypse times. :lol:

Seek
04-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Well dogs are not the end-all, be-all answer. But I find it to be ten times as effective an option, and ten times as safe on top of that.

Even small dogs, if they are protective of the home, can cancel a majority of attempts to intrude. And, slow down and preoccupy a threat long enough to give you a serious advantage with a lesser weapon. (Ball bat, or something.)

I just think that a firearm, when you have children, is a poor option for home protection.

And the odds of some kind of an accident are vastly higher.

But I do support one's right to defend their home, firearms, or not.

The only practical uses I have for a firearm are for hunting, and for apocolypse times. :lol:

I used to feel that way, until I started training for competitions with a lot of police officers, and swat guys. I still will not carry mine on me concealed but there was times I wished I was.

Connie Jo
04-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree guns are a big risk to have with small children around. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I follow the gun safety recommendations, since occasionally I have grandkids visit. My grandson & step-grandson are pre-teens now...and have went through hunter safety classes, since they hunt with their dads. When my biological grandson was little, I made sure my gun, magazine, and ammunition were not hidden in the same places when he would visit, same with my grand-daughter, who is now 7.

As with Seek...I would feel more comfortable if I always had my gun with me, especially traveling to unfamiliar places. I'm a woman living alone in metro Kansas City, and my gun brings me a great sense of security, just as it did when I lived in the country and spent much time alone, isolated 30 miles from the nearest small town with law enforcement response.

I do and will always have dogs in my life, but truth be told, my dogs are big babies, loveable to all people, including strangers. Every dog I've ever had in life loved people, was over friendly. :/

chief31
05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
I used to feel that way, until I started training for competitions with a lot of police officers, and swat guys. I still will not carry mine on me concealed but there was times I wished I was.

I have never wished I had my gun with me in public.

:D

At least not since I have been responsible enough to own one.

And I am awfully glad I didn't have access to one when I was younger and was wishing I had one.

I would probably have never logged into the internet.

And yes. That's a bad thing. Maybe not for some of you. but for me. :lol:

Canada
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Ill fight you . Bare knuckle boxing to the death

Blitzed
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Took the concealed weapon course here and in Buenos Aires. I now sport a bulge under my left arm that means business.

chief31
05-31-2011, 07:07 AM

I am an American. I am packing heat.

Let's do it. :sterb184:

Chiefster
05-31-2011, 07:12 AM

I am an American. I am packing heat.

Let's do it. :sterb184:

:lol::lol::lol:

Blitzed
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Are the rights to the fight available? Great two card draw. First a death by fist and then death by shooting. I can easily see one hundred million households in North America tuned to this one!

AkChief49
06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Are the rights to the fight available? Great two card draw. First a death by fist and then death by shooting. I can easily see one hundred million households in North America tuned to this one!
No, death by bunga- bunga!:D