PDA

View Full Version : Players aren't allowed to attend concerts

Scout200
03-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Just discovered that NFL players aren't allowed to attend concerts at NFL venues...

Sound Check: Players can't attend concerts at NFL venues (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f07a76/article/sound-check-players-cant-attend-concerts-at-nfl-venues)

How ridiculous is this?! It's truly unfortunate that the NFL players have to be punished over the possible lockout. What are your thoughts?

matthewschiefs
03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't feel sorry for them at all. They are part of the problem. If they don't like it they can work out a deal.

Canada
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Just discovered that NFL players aren't allowed to attend concerts at NFL venues...

Sound Check: Players can't attend concerts at NFL venues (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f07a76/article/sound-check-players-cant-attend-concerts-at-nfl-venues)

How ridiculous is this?! It's truly unfortunate that the NFL players have to be punished over the possible lockout. What are your thoughts?

Punished?? The fans are being punished!! I have trouble at times buying groceries and paying the hydro bill. I work 3 jobs. The one thing I get to do that I love is watch football on Sundays during football season. WTF do I care if an NFL player cant go see a concert. Kick them out of a movie theater too. They took away my entertainment, take away theirs. I chalk this up as a win for the fans. F*ck all the millionaires who cant come to an agreement on how to split up our hard earned money. :bartsimpson:

AussieChiefsFan
04-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Some players aren't in favor for all this lockout stuff at all! I'd bet Brian Waters is one of 'em!

Scout200
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Ha! Apparently the article was wrong and they have since updated it.The NFL.com site changed the original story I had pasted on here. It's now "NFL: Players can attend Chesney concerts at league venues" If you copy & paste "Sound Check: Players can't attend concerts at NFL venues" into google, it will bring you to the original NFL page but they changed the story & headline... LOL!

Hayvern
04-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Can we say more BS from the pro-union crowd? Continue speading falsehoods and disinformation.

Hayvern
04-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Some players aren't in favor for all this lockout stuff at all! I'd bet Brian Waters is one of 'em!

I think you would be wrong. Waters was at the hearing today in Minnesota representing the union along with Vrabel.

matthewschiefs
04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I think you would be wrong. Waters was at the hearing today in Minnesota representing the union along with Vrabel.

I think that there are alot of players that would have been happy to take many of the offers the owners have made. They are the real ones hurting through all of this. your 3 or 4th year o line guy who doesn't make nearly as much as much as the star players.

It's sad that the union is more out for the peyton mannings of the world that make GOBS of money just in there contracts alone then they are for the less known players.

pojote
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I think that there are alot of players that would have been happy to take many of the offers the owners have made. They are the real ones hurting through all of this. your 3 or 4th year o line guy who doesn't make nearly as much as much as the star players.

It's sad that the union is more out for the peyton mannings of the world that make GOBS of money just in there contracts alone then they are for the less known players.

Why? You think he will make less with a different CBA? What owners had offered is pay less in compensations, specially rookies, to pay veterans more. Smaller salary caps will make little guys earn less, so teams can afford Payton Mannings of the world.

matthewschiefs
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Why? You think he will make less with a different CBA? What owners had offered is pay less in compensations, specially rookies, to pay veterans more. Smaller salary caps will make little guys earn less, so teams can afford Payton Mannings of the world.

Because while the Peyton Mannings of the world have enough in there bank accounts to live off of during this lockout the lesser known average joe player will be hurting. The average joe player Would be more likely to be working out a deal with the owners right now because they have to. But since the union is more worried about the peyton manning tom bradys then we are at where we are now.

Coach
04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Punished?? The fans are being punished!! I have trouble at times buying groceries and paying the hydro bill. I work 3 jobs. The one thing I get to do that I love is watch football on Sundays during football season. WTF do I care if an NFL player cant go see a concert. Kick them out of a movie theater too. They took away my entertainment, take away theirs. I chalk this up as a win for the fans. F*ck all the millionaires who cant come to an agreement on how to split up our hard earned money. :bartsimpson:
Post of the month nominee!!

Chiefster
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Post of the month nominee!!

Got my vote! :D

chief31
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Bulls**t.

The Payton Mannings have little to gain or lose in the whole matter.

It is difficult to get those guys to stand up for the common players as they have been.

The rookies are the one's who get hit the hardest, and it is the rookies who are in the crosshairs of the owners, with the rookie-cap proposal.

Even with the 18 game schedule proposal, the superstars are financially taken care of with the increased odds of injury.

It is the common player who is at the highest risk. More playing time for common players means more opportunity for injury. And a less serious injury has a far better chance of ending the career of Garrett Reynolds (Falcons OT) than that of a Tom Brady.

The superstar players don't need the union to protect them for much. It is the common player that the union stands for.

Your suggestion that this lockout (imposed by the owners, and only the owners) is hard on common players and should be ended on their behalf is inverted logic.

Every single concession that the players have been asked to take is going to come out of the common players a**, not Payton Manning's.

The players who would be best off to accept whatever the owners are offering would be those who have the big contracts.

Canada
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
What does that have to do with them not being allowed to go to concerts?

Hayvern
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
What does that have to do with them not being allowed to go to concerts?

Absolutely nothing, just more BS from the players and their lackeys.

Connie Jo
04-18-2011, 02:55 AM

I was surprised to hear Priest Holmes joined in filing suit a few wks. back as well.