PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2011 Preaseson Schedule

Ryfo18
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Some news, in these slow football times.

8/12 - Tampa Bay (nationally televised)
8/19 - @Baltimore
8/27 - St. Louis
9/1 - @Green Bay

I can't figure out for the life of me why they would have the Chiefs play Green Bay in preseason since they are scheduled to be one of the Chiefs opponents in the regular season....Beats me.

NFL.com news: Bears-Rams game set to kick off 2011 preseason schedule (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f36ce3/article/bears-rams-to-kick-off-2011-preseason-schedule?module=HP_headlines)

Coach
04-12-2011, 10:28 PM
We should start a betting thread on whether there will be a pre-season.

Jrudi
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM

8/19 - @Baltimore
8/27 - St. Louis
9/1 - @Green Bay

I can't figure out for the life of me why they would have the Chiefs play Green Bay in preseason since they are scheduled to be one of the Chiefs opponents in the regular season....Beats me.

NFL.com news: Bears-Rams game set to kick off 2011 preseason schedule (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f36ce3/article/bears-rams-to-kick-off-2011-preseason-schedule?module=HP_headlines)

Maybe they just want some good looks at them since they won the SB last year?? They want us to set the bar high I guess? Our Schedule is going to be brutal, so any advantage we can gain to help us out in the regular season I won't complain about.

matthewschiefs
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Cant wait till Aug 12th
If this lockout mess is not settled by then I will be one VERY UNHAPPY chiefs fan.

Chiefster
04-15-2011, 03:22 AM

Good call!

Connie Jo
04-16-2011, 09:00 PM

8/19 - @Baltimore
8/27 - St. Louis
9/1 - @Green Bay

We played the Packers last pre-season too. I thought we rotated every season, didn't play the same teams consecutive seasons, except the Governors Game against the Rams of course???

whatwasthat?
04-16-2011, 09:54 PM

haha as soon as i saw that our first preseason game would be nationally televised, my first thought was that we wouldnt even be playing it

captainamerica
04-17-2011, 03:54 PM
We played the Packers last pre-season too. I thought we rotated every season, didn't play the same teams consecutive seasons, except the Governors Game against the Rams of course???
We rotate during the regular season obviously, but I think the pre-season is made up largely by the owners, with league approval. I think the owners get together and make arrangements on matchups. The league than approves or disapproves these matchups. I know that matchups that occur during the regular season are discouraged from occuring during the pre-season. I also know that playoff rematches that don't occur during the regular season are encouraged here (thus why were playing baltimore.)

Jrudi
04-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Pretty sure we also played Tampa last pre-season too. at Tampa.