PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Lock Out.

tornadospotter
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
I am sick and tired of it, you all must be to. Nobody is talking here. What is up with that? The Chiefs Crowd is not on lock out, so start posting, or start something, I heard from a good source that beer in Canada is warm.:smile

matthewschiefs
04-23-2011, 11:07 PM
I am sick of the lockout to. I just hope that whatever side the judge rules in favor of that the appeal fails. That's the fastest way it will end. The side that loses will have to give in far more then now. Then we will be able to debate if this FA signing is good or horrible lol. At least next week is the draft.

But The idea of a chiefscrowd lockout could be interesting. I think we should lockout tornadospotter it would be a huge improvement to the site :D

chief31
04-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, it is the offseason. Not a whole lot to talk about. And the lockout is the top topic. But I don't think I am the only one tired of that discussion.

Just a few days until the draft though. :D

Canada
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I am sick and tired of it, you all must be to. Nobody is talking here. What is up with that? The Chiefs Crowd is not on lock out, so start posting, or start something, I heard from a good source that beer in Canada is warm.:smileNothing in Canada is warm. :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
I am sick of the lockout to. I just hope that whatever side the judge rules in favor of that the appeal fails. That's the fastest way it will end. The side that loses will have to give in far more then now. Then we will be able to debate if this FA signing is good or horrible lol. At least next week is the draft.

But The idea of a chiefscrowd lockout could be interesting. I think we should lockout tornadospotter it would be a huge improvement to the site :D

:sign0085: somebody wants me locked out, :sign0085:

Just try and do it. My Agent will take care of it! That is why my agent gets his percentage of my work income! To take care of me. Should I also get a Lawyer to help me, I thought that is what my agent did? So if my agent is working for me, and making money from me, why do I need a lawyer to get me paid? Did I not already have a contract? That I signed. I have no union anymore.

:sign0085:

tornadospotter
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Nothing in Canada is warm. :bananen_smilies046:
I not sure, never been there, but you put beers in the freezer to get cold, just saying. :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
04-25-2011, 01:48 AM
:sign0085: somebody wants me locked out, :sign0085:

Just try and do it. My Agent will take care of it! That is why my agent gets his percentage of my work income! To take care of me. Should I also get a Lawyer to help me, I thought that is what my agent did? So if my agent is working for me, and making money from me, why do I need a lawyer to get me paid? Did I not already have a contract? That I signed. I have no union anymore.

:sign0085:

I just read your contract and it seems all your pay is now to be given to some Matthewschiefs. Hope this clears things up for you :biggrin:

Chiefster
04-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Well, it is the offseason. Not a whole lot to talk about. And the lockout is the top topic. But I don't think I am the only one tired of that discussion.

Just a few days until the draft though. :D

...This, most boards are going through a bit of a drought.

Connie Jo
04-28-2011, 03:22 AM
I am sick and tired of it, you all must be to. Nobody is talking here. What is up with that? The Chiefs Crowd is not on lock out, so start posting, or start something, I heard from a good source that beer in Canada is warm.:smile

THIS!!!!

I've been saddened when I've come here the last couple of months or so...there's little to no activity/interaction. I miss the way Chiefs Crowd use to be before the lockout crapola. Remember all the fun & debates we had last year over prediciting whether or not Eric Berry would be our 1st round pick, and many not wanting Berry!

matthewschiefs
05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Good news bad news

bad news Lockout is back on for a while at least owners won there case for a permanent stay.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6557162

Good news its being reported that the 2 sides seemed to have made a bearkthrough today and there will be a new offer coming from the owners maybe tonight. For the 1st time reporters said there seems to be positive signs from the talks today.

Connie Jo
05-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Good news bad news

bad news Lockout is back on for a while at least owners won there case for a permanent stay.
Appellate court grants NFL owners permanent stay - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6557162)

Good news its being reported that the 2 sides seemed to have made a bearkthrough today and there will be a new offer coming from the owners maybe tonight. For the 1st time reporters said there seems to be positive signs from the talks today.

I think the owners and players both are beginning to realize that they're at serious risk for losing a large portion of their fan base as they've come to take it for granted. Fans have been very vocal all across the net and in the media, so just maybe the fans do have a voice & some influence in this lockout situation.

Hayvern
05-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Well the court sided with the owners on this one, so the hand is played out for the players. They have to make a deal.

If I was part of the NFLPA, I would be putting in ballot to ouster DeMaurice Smith from leading the union anymore. He has and continues to say some of the dumbest things and I believe that his involvement has kept us from getting a deal long before now.

Connie Jo
05-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Well the court sided with the owners on this one, so the hand is played out for the players. They have to make a deal.

If I was part of the NFLPA, I would be putting in ballot to ouster DeMaurice Smith from leading the union anymore. He has and continues to say some of the dumbest things and I believe that his involvement has kept us from getting a deal long before now.

I agree with all, and I think they need to replace Goodell also!!

Canada
05-17-2011, 08:45 AM

Not true. The court upheld the stay until the original judges decision can be appealed. The decision on the lock out has not been made yet.

From NFL Network:
the league will maintain its right to lock the players out until its appeal of Judge Susan Nelson's decision to grant a lockout-lifting injunction is ruled on.

pojote
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I think they did maintain this stay because it would be ridiculous to lift it for a couple weeks before appeal hearings.

On appeal can be both ways, totally uncertain.

Drunker Hillbilly
05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
It's one 1-1 at this point. Appelate courts almost always rule for the business/organization in these cases no matter the field of work. The players won the 1st round. No further along than they were 3 months ago! I think the players will cave before the owner. They need the paycheck more than teams or owners do and they will start feeling it sooner rather than later.

matthewschiefs
05-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I think the owners and players both are beginning to realize that they're at serious risk for losing a large portion of their fan base as they've come to take it for granted. Fans have been very vocal all across the net and in the media, so just maybe the fans do have a voice & some influence in this lockout situation.

We can hope that this is the case. Based on what the ruling said yesterday it seems that the owners are going to win there appeal.

Quote from the ruling. "Our present view is that Judge Nelson’s interpretation is unlikely to prevail."

I hope this finally gets the players talking as I don't think they really have been. That will be a big step in getting this whole mess cleaned up. I just hope this doesn't lead the owners go back to some of there Demands that they sort of backed down from before.

AkChief49
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
It's one 1-1 at this point. Appelate courts almost always rule for the business/organization in these cases no matter the field of work. The players won the 1st round. No further along than they were 3 months ago! I think the players will cave before the owner. They need the paycheck more than teams or owners do and they will start feeling it sooner rather than later.
some are already feeling it-23%? that is a lot of money!!!over 100k in interest alone. per year. can you imagine borrowing 500k?
Player borrows $500K at 23 percent interest | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/17/player-borrows-500k-at-23-percent-interest/)

Blitzed
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Whatever happens, it sets up a situation that will be filled with distrust, mean spiritedness and hostile. Whoever loses this round will only wait a few years and try it all again. DeMaurice Smith is one of a series of appalling choices to lead the NFLPA. Sadly as a group, the players only see their agents who are too anxious to show them the money. One of the many bottom lines that doesn't seem to get mentioned is that no one is underpaid. Until rather recently the NFPA has abandoned retired players who are critically ill. Nothing was sadder than the sight of Johnny Unitas, his hands so warped by arthritis, signing autographs to make enough money to pay for his medicines. Non playing players don't produce income and are therefore, useless to the NFLPA. None of these people are worthy of any thing but scorn. And, lest we forget, however this ends, we, the fans, will end up paying all the legal fees and whatever other dollars they think they can get from us. Remember Gordon Gecko? "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good". What he meant was that greed was good as a motivator but that has been sublimated by meaning that greed is good for you. They said that about Thalidomide.