PDA

View Full Version : Endzone section 129 - what's it like

mark0933
04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I'll be first to admit, I am not a KC fan (although I respect the team and their fan base a lot) - my wife and I might be coming to see our team's away game at the stadium in 2011 and are looking at some tickets in section 128/129 - we would have our 5 year old with us - can anyone tell me if that section (the lower rows nearer the field especially) would be mean/rude to a 5 year old or OK?

(I guess another way of putting it is that section normal fans, or like the Raiders Black hole or the Cleaveland Dog pound?)

Thanks in advance,

Mark

hometeam
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
its fine, great seats.

Chiefster
04-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Not a bad seat in the house!

Coach
04-26-2011, 07:08 AM
People may tease you for wearing the losing uniform but it is kid friendly. You may hear cursing but you can report it if it gets out of hand. There really isn't a section or stadium in the NFL where you can completely avoid that part.

Enjoy the experience! Other teams fans come to this board all of the time to express how friendly the fans are and how they enjoy the overall experience of tailgating and attending arrowhead stadium.

Seek
04-26-2011, 08:28 AM
I'll be first to admit, I am not a KC fan (although I respect the team and their fan base a lot) - my wife and I might be coming to see our team's away game at the stadium in 2011 and are looking at some tickets in section 128/129 - we would have our 5 year old with us - can anyone tell me if that section (the lower rows nearer the field especially) would be mean/rude to a 5 year old or OK?

(I guess another way of putting it is that section normal fans, or like the Raiders Black hole or the Cleaveland Dog pound?)

Thanks in advance,

Mark

The only sections that are different from all the rest are the upper corners of the stadium where the seats get cheaper and fans are stupid. They pride themselve on starting WAVE every week even while the Chiefs are on offense. They feel that doing a stupid Wave is more important than the game itself.

mark0933
04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement...tickets are bought (and refundable if no season :))

We are Steelers fans, so it will undoubtedly be a good game. Our family goal is to see a game in every stadium over the course of my life, so I'll tick another off my list (so far we've done Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Cincinatti, with Dallas, Arizona and the Jets being seen in Pitt.

When we went to Buffalo we actually had Art Rooney come over to us and give my son a Steelers Pin and Casey Hampton gave him his warm-up gloves - memories I'll cherish forever.

With respect to tailgating, is something I always admire, but honestly never have understood how to really "take part in" - is there a "tailgating for dummies thread" somewhere? I love seeing all these groups with food and drinks, but being from Canada, actually having friends I know at the game is not really possible - how do you get an "in" so to speak?

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be back from time to time to ask more "what should we do in KC in November type of questions.

Mark

mark0933
04-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Who would swear at or pick on a cute kid like this (even in full Steeler attire) :bananen_smilies046:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/04/2.jpg

chiefnut
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
my daughter is a huge steelers fan, that's what i get for letting my kids make their own choices although my grandson [her son] just announced he thinks he will be rooting for the CHIEFS. i'm sure the CHIEFS fans will be as much fun as the steelers fans were for me w/we went to Pittsburgh. and i hope we beat you by 5 TDs like you did to us that day too.

chiefnut
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
we have a big time steelers fan base here in NE PA, my daughter goes to Cuz's bar which is fully adorned in black & yellow, equipped with a ships bell, siren and bullhorn and the steelers fight song can be heard every game sung loudly and mostly out of tune.

Jrudi
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
The end zone sections are awesome!

I had season tickets in section 110 last year which is the center endzone section, on the opposite end of the field to where you would be.

The best part about those sections is when the teams are in the redzone, no where else on the field does it feel like you are that close to the game. I've sat on the 50- 10 rows back (usually higher priced than ednzone) and I would still rather have the endzone seats. There is the argument that you have to watch the Big Screen when they are on the other end of the field, but the reality is you watch that screen no matter where you are setting.

As far as kid friendly, I never had any problems. The only time there was ever smack talking was during AFC West rivalry games (Oakland in particular). and Most people seemed to be aware of children.

Hope you have fun! And I hope we beat your butts on National TV! haha

YZILLA
04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
I will be at the game and I will be with my Chiefs Friends and Also a group of my Steeler friends. Arrowhead is a great place to watch a game. There will also be stupid fans it comes with the territory when alcohol is around. Have a good time and if you need a group to tailgate with, you and your family are more than welcome to hang with me and whomever else I am with. Let me know , I will pm you my Cell # I can give you any info you need to have a good time.

YZILLA
04-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement...tickets are bought (and refundable if no season :))

We are Steelers fans, so it will undoubtedly be a good game. Our family goal is to see a game in every stadium over the course of my life, so I'll tick another off my list (so far we've done Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Cincinatti, with Dallas, Arizona and the Jets being seen in Pitt.

When we went to Buffalo we actually had Art Rooney come over to us and give my son a Steelers Pin and Casey Hampton gave him his warm-up gloves - memories I'll cherish forever.

With respect to tailgating, is something I always admire, but honestly never have understood how to really "take part in" - is there a "tailgating for dummies thread" somewhere? I love seeing all these groups with food and drinks, [but being from Canada, actually having friends I know at the game is not really possible - how do you get an "in" so to speak?]

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be back from time to time to ask more "what should we do in KC in November type of questions.

Mark

Some of favorite people are from Canada!