PDA

View Full Version : Game changing mistakes... do you hold a grudge?

Scout200
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
When you see a NFL player make a game changing mistake, do you hold a grudge against that player?

Connie Jo
04-28-2011, 03:16 AM
When you see a NFL player make a game changing mistake, do you hold a grudge against that player?

No, but I hold grudges against the refs making constant and repticious bad calls!!!!

Scout200
04-28-2011, 03:29 PM
No, but I hold grudges against the refs making constant and repticious bad calls!!!!

Agreed! Nicely said!

Scout200
04-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Personally speaking, if I held a grudge against every player whoever made a mistake on the field, that would be everyone lol. Throwing a pick, dropping a pass, a fumble, its called football... Players are only human! But if it happens consistently, then there's a problem...

chiefnut
04-29-2011, 03:23 PM
not for the occasional bonehead play, as long as it is offset by some good plays

Lazeye
04-29-2011, 03:23 PM
When it happens in more than one game yes, I am still upset with Bowe for not having the right focus, I would prob not say that about him but he thinks he is primetime and a showoff. He will play poorly one week and then the next he is the bomb and all of a sudden he thinks he is Jerry Rice or something. Be the bomb for an entire season and stay humble, Win the Superbowl and showoff all you want.

chief31
04-30-2011, 04:08 AM
I tend to be unable to not hold a grudge. But then, I also can't hold one as long as alot of people.

D-Bo being the poster boy for this topic, I was really, really down on him after a couple fo games early this past season. Eve though I had defended him all off-season.

And I still have the big mistakes in mind whenever Bowe is mentioned.

But, with all of the positives he brought last year, I just can't hold a grudge against a guy who is doing so much for us.

So, in conclusion....

I have no idea. :D

Connie Jo
04-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Personally speaking, if I held a grudge against every player whoever made a mistake on the field, that would be everyone lol. Throwing a pick, dropping a pass, a fumble, its called football... Players are only human! But if it happens consistently, then there's a problem...

I agree. :)

When it happens in more than one game yes, I am still upset with Bowe for not having the right focus, I would prob not say that about him but he thinks he is primetime and a showoff. He will play poorly one week and then the next he is the bomb and all of a sudden he thinks he is Jerry Rice or something. Be the bomb for an entire season and stay humble, Win the Superbowl and showoff all you want.

In all fairness, I'm gonna disagree with you related to Bowes inner character, because...I know better. He is humble, much more than is perceived of him. He is a very nice guy, very polite towards every fan I know who has interacted with him one on one, including myself. He has a big genuine heart, and very dedicated to his foundation, of which helps unrecognized and non acknowledged grandparents who are raising their grandkids. He has deep geniune faith & spirituality, and humbly thanks God for every good play he makes on the field, without fail. In every commentary he makes he states, "God First". If he were as arrogant as some perceive him to be...he would thank only himself for his athletic talent, skills, & success, rather not thank "God First."

That said, I've had a soft spot for Bowe since the Chiefs drafted him, recognizing in him the athletic talent & skill of a #1 WR and Pro Bowler. A WR, like most young WR's, who simply needed time to adjust, develop with his team, and be put with a QB of which he had a solid relationship/friendship with on & off the field. He has that in Matt Cassel, and the accomplishments we witnessed Bowe achieve last season are a result of all the above coming together, in a time span it does for most WR's...their 3rd-5th year.

Lastly, fair warning...I'm defender of all things Bowe, I have Bowe show tunnel vision, LMAO! Seriously, he's evolved into my favorite current Chiefs player for justified reasons both on & off the field. :)

Hayvern
05-03-2011, 01:47 AM
I do not hold a grudge for the occasional bonehead play, all players do that, but if you continually show that you cannot do the basic elements of your job and yet act like you are the best that ever played the game, then you are going to get on the $4!T list.

Bowe hit that list this last season. He has long way to go to get off of it. I am sure he is hte nicest, sweatest, most humble person on the planet, but he is also paid to do one thing, and that is catch a football in the game. All the rest of that stuff is nice, but it means nothing if you are not doing your basic job.

I want classy players on my favorite team, but I also want them to do their job and win. I believe you can have both.

Connie Jo
05-03-2011, 02:21 AM
I do not hold a grudge for the occasional bonehead play, all players do that, but if you continually show that you cannot do the basic elements of your job and yet act like you are the best that ever played the game, then you are going to get on the $4!T list.

Bowe hit that list this last season. He has long way to go to get off of it. I am sure he is hte nicest, sweatest, most humble person on the planet, but he is also paid to do one thing, and that is catch a football in the game. All the rest of that stuff is nice, but it means nothing if you are not doing your basic job.

I want classy players on my favorite team, but I also want them to do their job and win. I believe you can have both.

He finished the season ranked as one of the NFL's top WR's, #7 in receiving yards @ 1162, #1 in TD's @ 15, only 1 fumble, made the Pro Bowl. By most standards, he is considered a winning WR. He's never going to be perfect, no one is. :/

Hayvern
05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
He finished the season ranked as one of the NFL's top WR's, #7 in receiving yards @ 1162, #1 in TD's @ 15, only 1 fumble, made the Pro Bowl. By most standards, he is considered a winning WR. He's never going to be perfect, no one is. :/

No doubt about anything you say Connie, just think if he had brought that game with him to the first half of the season, or even half of that game?

Just sayin'

Maybe the addition of some more talent will push the kid and make him realize that he has to work hard everyday for the fame he wants so much.

Connie Jo
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I know he missed some important catches that were game changers last season, but shoot, from my perspective that was minor compared to his struggles the previous season, and considering how much he did accomplish by season's end.

I try to give benefit of the doubt when the pluses out number the minuses by a large margin, which I believe was the case with Bowe. We don't always know what occurs privately with players off the field...Bowe could've had injuries to his hands the few games he missed catches, or maybe they were cramping? Heck, when my hands cramp up I become extremely uncoordinated. A coach isn't going to publicly reveal minor issues or injuries that might reveal a weakness to our opponent.

I look for Bowe to be even better in 2011, although, if this lockout continues it will affect many players in negative athletic ways...considering they have no access to their training facilities & equipment, nor able to work with their coaches. :(

Chiefster
05-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Me, never, I would never hold a grudge against a player like, say, Lin Elio...ahem, that field goal kicker whose name I shall never again utter. :beat_DeadHorse: