PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

Ryfo18
04-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Were these boards A LOT busier last year around draft time. Maybe it was the Eric Berry hype...maybe it was the fact that we weren't locked out. I don't know, SOMETHING! Am I crazy...imagining this? Or does anyone else think it's dead around here?

Could it be the fact that we pick at #21 so there is so much uncertainty as to who we will take (as opposed to last year when it was pretty much assumed Berry, Okung, or Trent Williams)?

Connie Jo
04-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Were these boards A LOT busier last year around draft time. Maybe it was the Eric Berry hype...maybe it was the fact that we weren't locked out. I don't know, SOMETHING! Am I crazy...imagining this? Or does anyone else think it's dead around here?

Could it be the fact that we pick at #21 so there is so much uncertainty as to who we will take (as opposed to last year when it was pretty much assumed Berry, Okung, or Trent Williams)?

No, it's not just you. I've come here in the last couple months and it seems there is little to no activity, no interaction. Maybe it's related to the lockout situation?

chief31
04-28-2011, 09:05 AM

I agree. And I believe all of the factors you mentioned are involved.

But the biggest has to be the lockout.

I know it drains my interest to come here and argue so vigorously, and emotionally with some of the best online friends I know.

A little back and fourth is a good thing, to me. But this topic gets far more heated than most.

By the way... considering that aspect of the topic, I have to say that I am extremely impressed with everybody's ability to keep the debate from boiling over and to remain respectful of the site and it's rules.

Canada
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I havent had the internet. so fu*k you

N TX Dave
04-28-2011, 02:43 PM

I think it is there is no free agents to sign so we can not come up with all the different FA signings to fill some needs and then who to draft and with the lock out I have lost a lot of my desire to spend time following the NFL. I do not want to hear about millionaires arguing with billionaires over how to split the pour working stiff's money.:meow:

matthewschiefs
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
By the way... considering that aspect of the topic, I have to say that I am extremely impressed with everybody's ability to keep the debate from boiling over and to remain respectful of the site and it's rules.

I can 100% agree with this. You and I have by far had the most back and forth about this whole lockout agreement and I have never felt disrespected by an argument you have given and I hope I have never came across as disrespectful in mine. And hey to be honest 3 years ago before I was promoted to be on the management side of things at my work I would have 100% agreed with you on this. But in that 3 years I have learned that somethings are not as easy as they seem. And some things just make more sense when your on that side.

Canada
04-28-2011, 05:06 PM

F you too

wichitaj
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
I havent had the internet. so fu*k you

the internet is just a fad

spiman
04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
:toast2: :efpge: But I am here.. Only 2347 more post to read.. Were up YEA!

Coach
04-29-2011, 12:43 AM
This offseason has been boring. No free agency and the lockout have turned this offseason into a dud.

Ryfo18
04-29-2011, 12:47 AM
This offseason has been boring. No free agency and the lockout have turned this offseason into a dud.

Was glad to login tonight and see 70+ posts. There's some draft fever!:chiefs:

Lazeye
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I will follow the chiefs from here from now on kinda like the royals. I am like most of you...family and pay check to pay check, I will not support the NFL any longer in any way shape or form. It makes me sick that some just dont care and are not willing to take a stand against this insult that has been brought about. If you want to take it up the A$$ with no lube go ahead and dont wake up to reality, the writing is on the wall Football is no longer about the fans.

spiman
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Dude Really? What Stand can we really do? Nice Pics Though Go Sharks Like I won't watch

tornadospotter
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Dude Really? What Stand can we really do? Nice Pics Though Go Sharks Like I won't watch
Translation, spiman says we are all living paycheck to paycheck, and this is BS over more money than we ever will see, Attorneys win the most here. We can not do anything but will still watch the games, just not buy anything to do so. Love your avatar and Sig.

spiman
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Translation, spiman says we are all living paycheck to paycheck, and this is BS over more money than we ever will see, Attorneys win the most here. We can not do anything but will still watch the games, just not buy anything to do so. Love your avatar and Sig. yep:ninerssuck: But We R ? Watching.

tornadospotter
04-30-2011, 12:43 AM
yep:ninerssuck: But We R ? Watching.
Not members of the NFLPA, is my guess, but they are disbanded, so my guess, lot of rookies and walk ones, I look for the NFL Owners to start try outs for replacement players. I really think one side or the other needs to make a move, the players need to reinstate there union and get to the bargaining table and negotiate in good faith.

chief31
04-30-2011, 03:58 AM
SO long as the season is not effected by it all, I will have no problem letting this go and continuing to love The NFL.

This kind of thing is going to happen. It just is.

If they all manage to get it worked out in time for the season to be uninterrupted, then I think they will have done a good job.

The negotiations will always get ugly. Just don't take away from the fans and you're ok.

Canada
04-30-2011, 07:30 AM
SO long as the season is not effected by it all, I will have no problem letting this go and continuing to love The NFL.

This kind of thing is going to happen. It just is.

If they all manage to get it worked out in time for the season to be uninterrupted, then I think they will have done a good job.

The negotiations will always get ugly. Just don't take away from the fans and you're ok.

Im on the fence about this. While I agree that as long as you dont miss any regular season games, they have already fu*ked up the season by missing free agency. This has been a long time coming and they could have done a better job at getting a deal done IMO.

Coach
04-30-2011, 07:47 AM
If you want to take it up the A$$ with no lube go ahead and dont wake up to reality, the writing is on the wall Football is no longer about the fans.

Do you think the NFL was ever about the fans??? It's always been about money. Look around; stadium names noe have corporate names attached to them, the players are sponsored by companies like Nike, the games are only made available by broadcast companies like Directv and the NFL CHANNEL. It's always been about money.

This isn't the first strike in the NFL and it won't be the last. But come September I will still be a Chiefs fan and will be in front of a tv watching my Chiefs, wearing my jersey, playing fantasy football, and many more things that make the NFL owners and players money.

Im on the fence about this. While I agree that as long as you dont miss any regular season games, they have already fu*ked up the season by missing free agency. This has been a long time coming and they could have done a better job at getting a deal done IMO.. Agreed. The lack of free agency has completely sucked and changed the way teams drafted this week. The most frustrating part is that everyone knew the cba was expiring but they waited til 5 days before it expired to sit down and work on a new deal. High stake game of chicken in which they collided head on and are both in intensive care. We'll see if the fans pull out the paddles and revive this league or let it slowly drift away.

chief31
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Im on the fence about this. While I agree that as long as you dont miss any regular season games, they have already fu*ked up the season by missing free agency. This has been a long time coming and they could have done a better job at getting a deal done IMO.

No doubt, it has had an impact on how the teams manage/prepare the team for the upcoming season. And there is no denying that the whole thing could have been dealt with a whole lot better than it has been.

But I knew this was coming, and I know that it will happen again one day. And I decided long ago that, so long as you do not deny me my games, I will not turn my back on the NFL for the usual, filthy fighting over money.

But that is the decision I made.

Everybody will have to deal with it in their own way.

Just like in the do you hold a grudge? (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17183) thread, I can get over being very p**sed off, so long as you get things fixed before doing permanent damage.

Connie Jo
04-30-2011, 11:21 PM
I had a similar discussion with my close Chiefs friend Clint...known here as Stricken. Rather than re-type my thoughts out, below is a comment I made to Clint regarding how I feel about the lockout.

"Well, I see things from a different perspective I suppose. I've not thought much about the Lockout since the initial phase of it one way or another. I don't agree with the Lockout of course from a fans point of view. I can comprehend some of the concerns on both sides, but feel they should not have taken their differences to the extreme they did, rather worked it out honorably & respectively without fans becoming victims as collateral damage.

Sadly, the reality is the NFL is no different than a majority of corporate business', industry, government, and individuals in our world...they're selfishly out for themselves first & foremost...most of society is on many levels. There is no excuse, nor justification, but it is what it is, I can't control, nor change a selfish world, regardless of any effort. I cope with a selfish society/world best I can, including not allowing others selfish choices & lifestyles to affect my life negatively in aspects I can control.

If I boycott NFL games because of their selfish choices, I only punish myself, as well as other innocent parties who were not a part of the selfishness. I feel if I boycott one selfish corporation I should boycott them all in fair principle...including Walmarts, McDonalds, Microsoft, Facebook, & so on.

Attending games for me isn't about the NFL, the Lockout, the owners nor the players, the profiting...it's about living life happily to the fullest possible, it's about friends I look forward to seeing, spending time gathering with, creating cherished memories while I'm still able to. I won't allow the NFL, nor a selfish world in any aspect to take such priceless life moments away from me if I have a choice. So, my young dear friend...I'm on the flip side of life, and will attend Chiefs games this coming season, IF there is a season, lifes too short for me not to enjoy the aspects of living I enjoy most. :) "

Vanilla Garilla
05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Or could this all just be the Facebook/Twitter effect?

Connie Jo
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
@ Vanilla...No doubt Facebook, not sure about Twitter, I don't Twitter, haha. Facebook, related FB pages & groups, Chiefs Crowd, and an occasional visit to Kid Rock's website are more than I can manage keeping up with as it is, haha. FB dominates my online time, but for the most part it's justified...my passions & interests are combined there along with friends related to those interests, and some family too. I also do online volunteer counseling through FB messaging. I have no interest or desire to expand my online activity into Twitter, or any other networking site. I never did MySpace either.