PDA

View Full Version : The next Otis Taylor?

brdempsey69
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Go watch some footage of Jonathan Baldwin and watch some some footage of Otis Taylor if you can find it. There are some very striking similarities that you will see.

Here's a video of Baldwin at the combine that you might like.

Jonathan Baldwin at Combine (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e80d9c/On-the-field-Jonathan-Baldwin)

Great job of trading down and getting the upper 3rd round pick at #70 and still getting a WR that's not as far behind Green and Jones as people think.

Consider what Atlanta gave up to move up to #6 to get Julio Jones -- 5 draft picks ( 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011 & 1st, 4th in 2012 ), while the Chiefs picked up a 3rd rounder by trading down, and still got Baldwin. I don't think that Jones is THAT much better than Baldwin and Baldwin was projected by many as a late 1st rounder, so this is not a reach.

Baldwin gives them a vertical threat down the field that can out-leap and out-muscle defenders for the ball -- just like Otis Taylor did for the Chiefs from 1965 -- 1974.

That said, they do still need to make a run on some BEEF for the O-Line and Defensive front 7, but they have 8 choices in rounds 2 -- 7.

Jonathan Baldwin is a great value and need pick & I like it a hell of lot better than than Pioli's last two 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010.

This is how you draft -- trade down & get an extra pick and still get the guy that you want.

figcrostic
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Go watch some footage of Jonathan Baldwin and watch some some footage of Otis Taylor if you can find it. There are some very striking similarities that you will see.

Here's a video of Baldwin at the combine that you might like.

Jonathan Baldwin at Combine (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e80d9c/On-the-field-Jonathan-Baldwin)

Great job of trading down and getting the upper 3rd round pick at #70 and still getting a WR that's not as far behind Green and Jones as people think.

Consider what Atlanta gave up to move up to #6 to get Julio Jones -- 5 draft picks ( 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011 & 1st, 4th in 2012 ), while the Chiefs picked up a 3rd rounder by trading down, and still got Baldwin. I don't think that Jones is THAT much better than Baldwin and Baldwin was projected by many as a late 1st rounder, so this is not a reach.

Baldwin gives them a vertical threat down the field that can out-leap and out-muscle defenders for the ball -- just like Otis Taylor did for the Chiefs from 1965 -- 1974.

That said, they do still need to make a run on some BEEF for the O-Line and Defensive front 7, but they have 8 choices in rounds 2 -- 7.

Jonathan Baldwin a great value and need pick & I like it a hell of lot better than than Pioli's last two 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010.

This is how you draft -- trade down & get an extra pick and still get the guy that you want.

I agree so far I like the pick.

AkChief49
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I agree so far I like the pick.
It cannot hurt. after all we were first in rushing and what,30th? in passing. Hope he takes away the double teaming.

AussieChiefsFan
04-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Hopefully he is. He has the attributes.

pbatrucker
04-30-2011, 10:33 AM
As posted on this site months ago, I really liked Baldwin. I never thought the Chiefs would draft him because of off the field issues.
I have seen reports he has been working out with Fitzgerald and Revis, improving his skills. We could end up loving this pick.