PDA

View Full Version : Lowest rated draft by yahoo

captainamerica
05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Final NFL Draft Grades and Analysis - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000313987_final-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis)
What do you guys think about yahoo sports giving us the worst draft grade out of all 32 NFL teams?

Vanilla Garilla
05-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I think they do not know a whole lot about football. We went out and filled a lot of needs this draft, and overall will be a much better football team because of it. I am stoked because we are going to have a very scary offense, and another solid season defensively.

chiefnut
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
a few years from now his new monicker bob "the bungler" rang will be heard as the CHIEFS picks show him for the draft grading bungler he is.

DC_Chiefsfan
05-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Everyone gets their opinion...even if its stupid.

AkChief49
05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
what a complete @#$%^* waste of writing.(Rang is wrong) Uncharacteristic I can agree with, but with all of the leaders on this team I believe these ? marks will toe the line. Like VG said, we filled a lot of needs.

DC_Chiefsfan
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Here's another perspective to ease the stupidness of Rang

NFL Draft HQ - Team Draft Picks (http://drafthq.nbcsports.com/team_picks.aspx)

From Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

AkChief49
05-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Here's another perspective to ease the stupidness of Rang

NFL Draft HQ - Team Draft Picks (http://drafthq.nbcsports.com/team_picks.aspx)

From Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
"A surprising draft, but we like it. One year after taking a bunch of team captains, the Chiefs drafted a few players that lacked consistent effort in college (Jon Baldwin and Justin Houston.) Ultimately, this is a talented group. Rodney Hudson should start on day one on the interior and third-rounder Allen Bailey is a talented, versatile athlete. He may be a steal. Ricky Stanzi was another fine value and can replace Brodie Croyle as a backup quarterback. Scott Pioli had a miserable ’09 draft and a great ’10 draft. We think he’ll keep up the hot streak."

that's more like it.:bananen_smilies046:

Jrudi
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I think the bad grades are steming from the Baldwin Pick.... Mainly because alot of people thought he was going to go in the top of the 2nd. But pick 26 isn't far from the top of the 2nd round. And I am pretty sure Pioli was saying they had offer's to move back again. I'm thinking they were planning on moving back again and still taking Baldwin. Heard they were worried that Baltimore might come back and take him which is why they submitted their pick so fast.

Also sounds like Houston has put his bad descions behind him. (saw how far he droped because of them, lost him alot of money) Him and Bailey were both steals in the 3rd round. and I think Powe was a steal in the 6th.

Although and uncharacteristic draft, the more I look at it... the more I like it. I think they feel the the leadership base they have established with last years draft, and the veterans they have can influence Baldwin and Houston in a positive way. If you really look at it those are the only two uncharacterisic picks this year, the rest are pretty high character guys.

honda522
05-01-2011, 06:13 PM
F*** Yahoo Sports...they are the hardest on the Chiefs.

Hayvern
05-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Eh, I don't think the guy knows this team at all. Pioli will never draft a guy that he thinks is a problem child. New England never had any issues, or had very few. I was a little suprised that they picked up Houston though.

Either way, I think we addressed positions in the early rounds that we needed to address. Wide Receiver was very important and lineman was important as well. I was a little suprised to see us draft yet ANOTHER defensive end though.

Jrudi
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
If it relieves some of the sting from the yahoo grade... NFL.com's Steve Whyche said that we were among teams that cashed in.

he said "the rich get richer" and talked about New Orleans, Green Bay, Indy, and Us.

That's nice to hear! haha

also with the Huston pick, I've been reading up on him, and I guess Pioli thinks that the "Character Concerns" were much more read into than what lies underneath. It actually sounds like he is a good kid. His Highschool coach said when he heard of his failed drug test at the combine he was shocked. He said that Houston was the type of player he used as an example; great kid, hard worker, involved in the community. I think Pioli thinks Houston has learned his lesson (after loosing millions when he dropped out of the 1st round because of his decisions.)

I also look at myself, I'm only 26 and I am a much different person than I was at 18-21. I used to party all the time, now I've started a family, and I would not even consider the lifestyle I used to lead. So I think he can mature in a short amount of time if the good guys in our locker room help influence him in the right ways.

bbacker51
05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I wouln't put much stock in grading a draft, here's what Peter King said about it this morning:

I have nothing against my peers grading drafts. It's harmless fun. Like mock drafts, grading drafts has become a spring tradition that fills space and, I suppose, generates good talk show fodder. There's a difference in the two, though. When you do a mock draft, you're predicting who each team is going to pick ... presumably based on some knowledge you've gleaned though some people you know in different organizations. But when you grade a draft, at least when I graded drafts in the past, I always felt I wasn't qualified in any way to do so, because I just didn't know the players beyond the top ones well at all.
I looked back Sunday night to the 2006 draft, and the grades handed out in the days after the draft. I always considered two writers to be the best, and the toughest, at this: our own Paul Zimmerman and Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News. And after the 2006 draft, Dr. Z and Goose gave A grades to Arizona, praising the drafting of Matt Leinart, Deuce Lutui, Gabe Watson and Leonard Pope. It's five years later. Leinart was a disaster, Pope barely passable for three seasons, Watson a part-time starter. The only player sure to be on the Cards now, five seasons later, is starting guard Lutui.
Gosselin spends three months learning these players and getting the scoop on 300 of them every winter and spring. He's the best. I just don't think it's very easy, or very logical, to grade teams before players have had their first practice with their new teams.

Read more: NFL draft takes backseat to Osama bin Laden's death - Peter King - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/01/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1LDiCeVlf)

chiefnut
05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
amen to that brother

4everchiefsfan25
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I can't believe they have the Chiefs rated lower than the Seattle Seahawks. You had Trent on TV ripping the Seahawks, I mean they really reached on the OL from Alabama and they still didn't address their need for QB.

ctchiefsfan
05-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm no draft expert, but I think we had a good solid draft. We finally won some games last year so we weren't sitting fat and sassy at the top of the draft.

Yeah...Houston and Baldwin have had some "issues" but I can't say that from my reading either of them seems to be a true "problem child". Rather, they appear to be kids that strayed a bit with college fame and the approach of being a big money draft pick. I think we have enough leaders in the locker room that Houston and Baldwin will keep their nose to the grindstone and eyes on the prize.

If they don't, I suspect they will be shown the door pretty quickly.

All in all, I think we got some solid players and filled a bunch of holes.

I don't see how we could have done much better than we did.

Despite having a much tougher schedule after WINNING the AFC West last year, I think we are going to make the playoffs again and will still be in the hunt for a repeat come December.

GO CHIEFS!!!!:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

pbatrucker
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't bother reading Yahoo sports. I put them in the same catagory as Whitlock. All they is try to sell copy and don't research facts at all.

chiefnut
05-03-2011, 11:21 AM
here is the bottom line......if you think we had a good draft, then believe it and don't worry about what anyone else prints or says.
it is human nature to seek out approval of others but don't let that upset you when others disagree

josh1971
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Final NFL Draft Grades and Analysis - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000313987_final-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis)
What do you guys think about yahoo sports giving us the worst draft grade out of all 32 NFL teams?

What do I think? I think Yahoo sports didn't notice that Cam Newton went #1...

Shadows of Jemarcus Russell.........

I was very pleased with this draft. Justin Houston is going to be a nice compliment to Hali.

chief31
05-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Seems they just didn't like our first round pick. But, even though I was not thrilled with it, you can't be too down on the pick, as it was a position of serious need.

Beyond that, they gave us a negative word for only Houston, whom we got with our "two rounds off" coupon, by using a third round pick, to get a player who had been heavily projected to the first round.

I really don't know how they come up with the final grade. Seems like they really must hate Baldwin.

brdempsey69
05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Lowest rated draft, LOL. At least on paper, this is Pioli's best draft since he's been with the Chiefs.

Nobody can rightfully argue about trading down and still getting Baldwin and getting Houston with the extra pick. They correctly manipulated the #21 overall pick into two quality prospects to try and address two areas of need. Tough to beat that for value.

Drunker Hillbilly
05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
You, me, them.........I don't see how anyone can grade a draft inside of 2-3 years! Potential........what a word! Proof is in the pudding and that can't be assesed until they have been in the league for a couple years in most cases. Ya, there will be the few that are good ( or bad ) right off the bat but for the most part it's a waiting game to see how players pan out.

Canada
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
I like pudding