PDA

View Full Version : Keep Huard

luv
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Alright. I'm not saying he's the greatest QB in the league, but we've come to the point where Huard needs to stay starting. We're continuing to get better, and taking him out would hinder that progress. I wish it could have been Croyle in there developing, since he is supposed to be our QBOTF. However, it's Huard that everyone wanted, so I'm off the teeter-totter, and I'm backing him 100%.

This in no way is to say that I'm changing my mind on Croyle. I still think he needed to start. He didn't, and Huard is coming along, so I'm in the boat.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
For one of the few times I actually agreed with the the talking heads on this.

Keith Olbermann was calling the highlights of the game and saying Huard had a pretty bad game, then showed TG taking the ball from the TWO defenders Huard threw to.

Then said Huard wasn't having a very good game, then showed Dbowe take the ball away from TWO receivers and score a 50 yarder.

If you guys had watched the game you would have seen how terrible Huard played.

I hate talking bad about a Chiefs player, but he just looked bad guys.

The rest of the team pulled this out for him.

I guess I will give him credit for not turning the ball over but I am ready to have a QB like Manning in there and score TD after TD after TD and be ahead in the game at all times, that way we can have LJ run for about 2300 yards this year.

Looking bleak with the start we had but it could still be done with the Centaur!

bigpoppachief
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
It wasnt Huard. he managed the game decent but that interception he threw was ridiculouds. The lineman didnt put hsi ahdns up or anything Huard just bounced the ball off his helment. I mean he did great managing the team but it was ugly and despite what the score says it was alot closer than it seems. Our defense is our saving grace but herm showed somethign today going with passing alot more, hey when you got a rook playing like Bowe why not pass to him ? the scary and great thing is we have Sippio waiting in the shadows for his shot.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
It wasnt Huard. he managed the game decent but that interception he threw was ridiculouds. The lineman didnt put hsi ahdns up or anything Huard just bounced the ball off his helment. I mean he did great managing the team but it was ugly and despite what the score says it was alot closer than it seems. Our defense is our saving grace but herm showed somethign today going with passing alot more, hey when you got a rook playing like Bowe why not pass to him ? the scary and great thing is we have Sippio waiting in the shadows for his shot.

I like your style man! Glad you could be part of the Crowd!

:welcome::yahoo::sign0098: :toast2: :drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
yes, there is no quarterback dispute at the moment. Huard has to stay after a win like this.

i still love brody :) Huard can be the rex grossman of last year....nah thats a joke, huard isnt even close to grossman.

luv
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
For one of the few times I actually agreed with the the talking heads on this.

Keith Olbermann was calling the highlights of the game and saying Huard had a pretty bad game, then showed TG taking the ball from the TWO defenders Huard threw to.

Then said Huard wasn't having a very good game, then showed Dbowe take the ball away from TWO receivers and score a 50 yarder.

If you guys had watched the game you would have seen how terrible Huard played.

I hate talking bad about a Chiefs player, but he just looked bad guys.

The rest of the team pulled this out for him.

I guess I will give him credit for not turning the ball over but I am ready to have a QB like Manning in there and score TD after TD after TD and be ahead in the game at all times, that way we can have LJ run for about 2300 yards this year.

Looking bleak with the start we had but it could still be done with the Centaur!
This is pretty much how I said Huard played last year, but everyone was in love with him this year, for some reason. I did watch the game. I saw him overthrow. However, he does have taller receivers like TG and Bowe. Better to throw it a little high and let them reach above their defenders then to throw lower and have it picked off. He had some really stupid INT's today, yes. I don't care if we when these game in spite of Huard. If we're winning with him at the wheel, then let him drive.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
This is pretty much how I said Huard played last year, but everyone was in love with him this year, for some reason. I did watch the game. I saw him overthrow. However, he does have taller receivers like TG and Bowe. Better to throw it a little high and let them reach above their defenders then to throw lower and have it picked off. He had some really stupid INT's today, yes. I don't care if we when these game in spite of Huard. If we're winning with him at the wheel, then let him drive.

Good post luv.

I am officially dropping my campaign for Brody.

I have seen the light!

timsatt1
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Good post luv.

I am officially dropping my campaign for Brody.

ditto

Polleo Pit Man
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree with the majority that we need to stick with Huard. But, I do think giving Brody or hell evan Thigpen (I think he is gonna be good) a chance is needed soon. Huard can look good but can also look terrible, usually more of the second.

McLovin
09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree with the majority that we need to stick with Huard. But, I do think giving Brody or hell evan Thigpen (I think he is gonna be good) a chance is needed soon. Huard can look good but can also look terrible, usually more of the second.
Well posted my thoughts exactly, Cha Ching Rep Points.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:32 PM

You're right about that. I told these guys who didn't see him throwing today that our receivers saved his butt!

:sign0098:

Smed1065
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I might not be popular as the only female here but we won despite DH IMO.

Maybe I saw a different game.

He was good in the 2nd half but sucked to start.

IMO.

Turnovers on the road are not good.

Tell me why I might be wrong.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM

IMO.

luv and a few others are females. :sign0153:

luv
09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

IMO.

Geez. This is not a thread of me kissing Huard's ***. I don't think he's that great. We are winning though, so why break the chain right now?

McLovin
09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

IMO.
I agree one thing I would like to give up to Huard though is that he seems to like D-Bo and have a trust in him so in a way it helps to have him in and not afraid to throw it to D-Bo.

Just my 2 cents, Oh and Luv isn't the only female but she is luv'd by all.
:lol:

anaeelbackwards
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM

IMO.

our receivers definitely made Damon Huard look good. But in the second half, it was a whole team effort. Thats what KC CHIEFS football should look like. The offense, defense gelled to perfection! how great it was to see!

another female poster...

tammietailgator
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I say keep him - obviously LJ was covered well and we all seen the 3 man coverage that Tony had - Bowe is the best yet. I think we DO have a well rounded team with a lot to cover - at least a lot more than what the other teams were banking on. Huard is diverse enough to seek all of them out, its just taking some work. He'll get there.

I think there are a lot females here :yahoo: Kansas City was ranked 4th or 5th in teams with the most women fans. I'm one!!

Polleo Pit Man
09-30-2007, 10:49 PM
:bananen_smilies046:
You're right about that. I told these guys who didn't see him throwing today that our receivers saved his butt!

I am convinced without D-BO our offense might still be looking for there first TD. I am glad we have him (Bowe) and glad we won, I just dont like the offense relying on just him. His plays opened it up for Gonzo and LJ abit but still they arent very efficient on that side of the ball. AWSOME Defense though!

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I say keep him - obviously LJ was covered well and we all seen the 3 man coverage that Tony had - Bowe is the best yet. I think we DO have a well rounded team with a lot to cover - at least a lot more than what the other teams were banking on. Huard is diverse enough to seek all of them out, its just taking some work. He'll get there.

I think there are a lot females here :yahoo: Kansas City was ranked 4th or 5th in teams with the most women fans. I'm one!!

Hey welcome to ya!

Glad to see you back!

We have the BEST female fans on this site!!!

:welcome::sign0098::drunkhb: :toast2:

McLovin
09-30-2007, 10:50 PM

Hi there how ya doin.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM

I am convinced without D-BO our offense might still be looking for there first TD. I am glad we have him (Bowe) and glad we won, I just dont like the offense relying on just him. His plays opened it up for Gonzo and LJ abit but still they arent very efficient on that side of the ball. AWSOME Defense though!

It is all coming together with this team!

I think we have a good chance of making it until the middle of November without a loss!

It will be nice to hear good things about the Chiefs on tv for a change.

Not too concerned about what their opinion is, but I watch a lot of sports and I hate listening to those jerks talk bad about OUR Chiefs!

luv

Bowe's not the only one to score a TD this year.

He has helped tremendously in opening our game, but I think TG still would have seen at least one or two TD's had Bowe not been in there. Who knows what Kennison might've done.

tammietailgator
Better than the SD fans - what a great game!

anaeelbackwards
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM

He has helped tremendously in opening our game, but I think TG still would have seen at least one or two TD's had Bowe not been in there. Who knows what Kennison might've done.

whats going to happen when kennison comes back? a good thing or bad thing? im interested.....

hermhater

Yeah but Dbowe is still the man!

Wouldn't it be great if we could finally get a Super Bowl ring for TG?

If anyone in the league deserves it, it's him.

He has stuck with the Chiefs through all the hard times when he could have bolted somewhere else!

tammietailgator
I'd rather listen to 101Fox.... sick of the commentators on TV

tammietailgator
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep and speaking as a women, I would HATE to lose TG not just for his game....... lol

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I'd rather listen to 101Fox.... sick of the commentators on TV

Yeah that is what I used to do (don't have a radio in the living room, need to change that) but the feed online is 20 second slow, so I deal with them during the game.

I am talking about on Sportscenter and such.

I work at home as a PC tech and watch ESPN all day long while typing and fixing!

anaeelbackwards
09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Yep and speaking as a women, I would HATE to lose TG not just for his game....... lol

i am not gonna start up on this possible thread killing. hehehehe.

dont get me started on TGUNZ.

luv
Yeah but Dbowe is still the man!

Wouldn't it be great if we could finally get a Super Bowl ring for TG?

If anyone in the league deserves it, it's him.

He has stuck with the Chiefs through all the hard times when he could have bolted somewhere else!
Yes Bowe has definitely been the man this year, and as a rookie to boot! I'm anxious to see him in the years to come.

I remember when Tony hurt himself last year in order to prevent a turnover by Huard. He is the all time man in my book.

Polleo Pit Man
It is all coming together with this team!

I think we have a good chance of making it until the middle of November without a loss!

It will be nice to hear good things about the Chiefs on tv for a change.

Not too concerned about what their opinion is, but I watch a lot of sports and I hate listening to those jerks talk bad about OUR Chiefs!

True, I just hope we keep moving in the right dirrection! I have noticed all the ill predictions and bad press myself. Screw them all they will see. Then theyll all be silent!

hermhater
whats going to happen when kennison comes back? a good thing or bad thing? im interested.....

Some people were talking about that today after the game.

I did not catch Herm's post game press conference, and some said he would come back as the number 1 and other said he would be number 2.

I will wait until tuesdays press conference to decide what I believe.

McLovin
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah that is what I used to do (don't have a radio in the living room, need to change that) but the feed online is 20 second slow, so I deal with them during the game.

I am talking about on Sportscenter and such.

I work at home as a PC tech and watch ESPN all day long while typing and fixing!

Isn't that part of the job description, I do the same except I switch to NFL Network often.

tammietailgator
ugh, they never have faith in the Chiefs

hermhater
i am not gonna start up on this possible thread killing. hehehehe.

dont get me started on TGUNZ.

you're making tony blush!

hermhater
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Isn't that part of the job description, I do the same except I switch to NFL Network often.

It's been a rough year so far. GF changing jobs, etc...

Had to go back to basic cable!

tornadospotter
09-30-2007, 11:03 PM
We open up the offense more. We have a proven vet for teams to game plan on. Chiefs are on the move, yes I was pioed at DH, and was using strong english, but we won, we won in san diego. Keep Huard starting, we are on the way.

McLovin
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
It's been a rough year so far. GF changing jobs, etc...

Had to go back to basic cable!
I had the same last year I fully understand. This year is looking up for me hope yours gets better.

Polleo Pit Man
09-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I would find it very hard to believe they wouldnt start D-Bo! He's the backbone of our passing attack.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I had the same last year I fully understand. This year is looking up for me hope yours gets better.

This win today has made it all better!!!

:lol::sign0098::yahoo: :toast2:

tammietailgator
you're making tony blush!

Sorry, okay back to huard.... yeah lets keep him Lol

stlchief
When Eddie comes back, what does it matter who is #1 or #2 --> they'll both be from LSU. Parker will drop to #3 (where I think he will excel). But when Kennison comes back, I expect it to open up even more for LJ.

hermhater
09-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I would find it very hard to believe they wouldnt start D-Bo! He's the backbone of our passing attack.

I agree. I want to believe Herm has changed.

I noticed today that the O line did a pretty good job of defending Huard.

He was pretty poised in the pocket, and we even did a few play action passes.

That is what helped open up the passing game!

I'm actually glad we fell behind in the first half now, forced Herm to use his other weapons and then LJ was on a roll!

I can't wait to hear what he has to say!

hermhater
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
When Eddie comes back, what does it matter who is #1 or #2 --> they'll both be from LSU. Parker will drop to #3 (where I think he will excel). But when Kennison comes back, I expect it to open up even more for LJ.

You said it brother!!!

This receiving corps just became FEARED!!!!!

tammietailgator
09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree!!

Polleo Pit Man
09-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I think it takes Huard a little bit to get into rythum. Somtimes he never fully does, but when he does he can be on fire!

luv
09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Heh. They started Green whenever Huard was gellin' last year, and didn't put Huard back in when Green was sucking away during the playoff game. Who knows what sense they have. Although, it seems to be getting better!

luv
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I think it takes Huard a little bit to get into rythum. Somtimes he never fully does, but when he does he can be on fire!
All part of building momentum. It may need to happen a little earlier in the game. Our next opponent may not make as many turnovers next week for us to capitalize on.

Polleo Pit Man
09-30-2007, 11:49 PM
All part of building momentum. It may need to happen a little earlier in the game. Our next opponent may not make as many turnovers next week for us to capitalize on.

Thats true. I like to give our defense the credit though for creating the turnovers.:yahoo:

McLovin
09-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Thats true. I like to give our defense the credit though for creating the turnovers.:yahoo:
Another great post, rep love coming your way.

tornadospotter
09-30-2007, 11:55 PM
True, But we now have positive momentum two wins, 1 at home, 2nd at a division rival, (predicted to be in the next SB).

luv
10-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Agreed. Hopefully we can do it again next week.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Agreed. Hopefully we can do it again next week.

So far we keep getting better every week, on BOTH sides of the ball. It will be exciting to see the next few games how much more we will improve!

McLovin
10-01-2007, 12:16 AM
So far we keep getting better every week, on BOTH sides of the ball. It will be exciting to see the next few games how much more we will improve!
From these calculations then by the SuperBowl we will be invincible.
GO CHIEFS

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 12:18 AM
From these calculations then by the SuperBowl we will be invincible.
GO CHIEFS

Funny, that was my conclusion aswell! Good luck competition. lol

anaeelbackwards
10-01-2007, 12:22 AM

the defense has been showin us what it could do.... they are what keeps us in the games! i mean with all the turnovers theyve forced, the offense shoulda put some more good scores up... i mean come on, we only have like idk,,,, 4-6 offensive touchdowns this year? whats up with that?

now its up to the offense to show up for the first halves of games.that would be great!

im trying not to complain, i would just like to see a the O make some TD's in the first half...

and i would just like to give credit to our most used player on the team, i dont think he gets much credit for being used often, so here goes....

DUSTIN COLQUITT, youre the man! A BEER 4 U!

sling58
10-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Alright. I'm not saying he's the greatest QB in the league, but we've come to the point where Huard needs to stay starting. We're continuing to get better, and taking him out would hinder that progress. I wish it could have been Croyle in there developing, since he is supposed to be our QBOTF. However, it's Huard that everyone wanted, so I'm off the teeter-totter, and I'm backing him 100%.

This in no way is to say that I'm changing my mind on Croyle. I still think he needed to start. He didn't, and Huard is coming along, so I'm in the boat.

Agreed!

Canada
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
the defense has been showin us what it could do.... they are what keeps us in the games! i mean with all the turnovers theyve forced, the offense shoulda put some more good scores up... i mean come on, we only have like idk,,,, 4-6 offensive touchdowns this year? whats up with that?

now its up to the offense to show up for the first halves of games.that would be great!

im trying not to complain, i would just like to see a the O make some TD's in the first half...

and i would just like to give credit to our most used player on the team, i dont think he gets much credit for being used often, so here goes....

DUSTIN COLQUITT, youre the man! A BEER 4 U!

Hi....I'm Dustin Colquitt :beer:

sling58
10-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi....I'm Dustin Colquitt :beer:

No I'm Dustin Colquitt!

:beer:

Canada
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
No I'm Dustin Colquitt!

:beer:

Hi....I'm Dustin Colquit :toast2: and this is my brother....Dustin Colquitt :toast2: and my other brother Dustin Colquitt :toast2:

sling58
10-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi....I'm Dustin Colquit :toast2: and this is my brother....Dustin Colquitt :toast2: and my other brother Dustin Colquitt :toast2:

Nicely put! Where's my brothers beer already! Nice to see you on Canada. Haven't talked to you in a bit. Hoep you made the beer companies a profit this weekend.

Canada
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I have been off for two weeks and I took 560 beer bottles back to the beer store (plus the beer I drank in KC) :)

sling58
10-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I have been off for two weeks and I took 560 beer bottles back to the beer store (plus the beer I drank in KC) :)

So it was a slow week for you then?

:lol: :lol:

Canada
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't really know what went on most of the week!!

sling58
10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't really know what went on most of the week!!

that makes 2 of us.

m0ebr0
10-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Our D looked good against SD. O looked decent first half and great second half. We could have done better on both sides of the ball in the first half.

D - 16 points given up first half. 0 second half.
O - 6 points first half. 24 second half.

(Good job D, without them playing that well we probably would have lost.)

Point is we are a very well second half team. If we played as wel the first half not very many team would be able to compete with us, as well as turning alot of heads on Sportscenter.

sling58
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Our D looked good against SD. O looked decent first half and great second half. We could have done better on both sides of the ball in the first half.

D - 16 points given up first half. 0 second half.
O - 6 points first half. 24 second half.

(Good job D, without them playing that well we probably would have lost.)

Point is we are a very well second half team. If we played as wel the first half not very many team would be able to compete with us, as well as turning alot of heads on Sportscenter.

They are a bunch of idiots anyway. We showed improvement. Next week the Jags will be eaten!

m0ebr0
10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
They are a bunch of idiots anyway. We showed improvement. Next week the Jags will be eaten!

Very much so. I think we will break out of our first half slump even though the Jags have a good D.

sling58
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Very much so. I think we will break out of our first half slump even though the Jags have a good D.

I sure hope we do break the first half slump too. These up and down games kill me!

Canada
10-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I sure hope we do break the first half slump too. These up and down games kill me!

There is no down. We haven't allowed a TD in the second half this year and (correct me if I am wrong) but our D is only giving up one TD per game. Our offense was in preseason form for the first few weeks. LJ, Tony, Huard and Bowe hardly played at all in the actual preseason. We will only improve offensively for the rest of the season which will in turn make out D better!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ebr0
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
There is no down. We haven't allowed a TD in the second half this year and (correct me if I am wrong) but our D is only giving up one TD per game. Our offense was in preseason form for the first few weeks. LJ, Tony, Huard and Bowe hardly played at all in the actual preseason. We will only improve offensively for the rest of the season which will in turn make out D better!! :bananen_smilies046:

D is excellent thus far especially the second half.

sling58
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM

I meant down as the Chiefs getting behind in the games in the start. Sorry I should clarify sometimes better.

I agree with that also.

rbedgood
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F07q5CR0HOc

m0ef0e
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Agreed. I think the Chiefs may have found their identity now as a second-half team. There is nothing wrong with that. It's definately a good sign when you can take your opponent's best shot early in a game, then make the right adjustments on both sides of the ball to so thouroughly dominate the second half like the Chiefs have done the last 2 weeks. I think we are one of the top second-half teams in the league right now. If we can keep this formula all year, it should bode well for us. In the playoffs, it's important to be a strong second-half team with the ability to finish games by clamping down defensively and maintaining late drives.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Agreed. I think the Chiefs may have found their identity now as a second-half team. There is nothing wrong with that. It's definately a good sign when you can take your opponent's best shot early in a game, then make the right adjustments on both sides of the ball to so thouroughly dominate the second half like the Chiefs have done the last 2 weeks. I think we are one of the top second-half teams in the league right now. If we can keep this formula all year, it should bode well for us. In the playoffs, it's important to be a strong second-half team with the ability to finish games by clamping down defensively and maintaining late drives.

I have to agree with you there!

And it will be great to take out Indy in the AFC Championship game this year!

Especially since we will be having HOME FIELD advantage throughout the playoffs!

:sign0098::beer::bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Especially since we will be having HOME FIELD advantage throughout the playoffs!

I hope said statemnet is true.

chief31
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM

We'll get an opportunity to make a statement, on November 18th, at Indianapolis.

m0ef0e
10-01-2007, 02:05 PM

That would definately be sweet. I'm just waiting to wash down a good helping of cold vengance with the blood and tears of Peyton Manning!!

luv
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
We'll get an opportunity to make a statement, on November 18th, at Indianapolis.
Hopefully, I will be sitting in a bar in KC with fellow Chiefs fans to watch that game!

sling58
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM

A statement needs to be made. Even if we blow them out there will be some excuse why we did. "Indy just blew the game" or some kind of comment.