PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico anyone

figcrostic
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Plaxico Burress just got released after serving 20 months for shooting himself in the leg. I know he's 34, he hasn't played in years, and we just picked up a young stud, but if it were up to me I would pick him up. If he can still play at a similar level to what he used to he is extremely valuable, who better to mentor our 6"5 first round pick then another 6"5 super bowl winning first round pick. We could probably sign him to a 1 or 2 year contract for peanuts. Also it's not like we are deep on WR's we got Bowe, Baldwin, Mccluster and ??????. I would love to see this guy in the mix, after Michael Vick you can't count anyone out. I also think he can still play he wasn't a speedster he was just a big guy with good hands, that doesn't go away like speed.

hometeam
05-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe if he takes the veteran minimum.

I would be afraid he would spread some gangsterism to john baldwin, and we know he needs a strong structure to get away from that type of thing.

Canada
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I would rather have Haley teach Baldwin than Burress, but that being said, if Plax has anything left in the tank and he's cheap, then why not give him a shot. I dont think hes a Pioli guy either.

matthewschiefs
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
No thanks to much there. Theres a reason the Giants don't want him back.

DMN
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I would be more for it if Baldwin didn't already have character issues... But Baldwin being so young and not having matured in the league yet I can guarantee he would respond more to Burress than the coaching staff and I just couldn't trust Buress to guide him down the right path.

Blitzed
05-31-2011, 03:26 PM
When does he shoot himself in the other leg? This isn't Michael Vick, this is a poor shot with "street" tendencies. Of course, Vick had "street" tendencies as well. And, frankly, I'm not charmed or convinced with all this sweetness and light that Vick has been spreading that the "street" tendencies aren't still there. My compliments to the Philadelphia coaching team but I'll still hold reservations.

#58ChiefsFan
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
I see him being about as useful as Chambers was. I'd like too see what happens in free agency before entertaining the thought of him.

figcrostic
05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
I see him being about as useful as Chambers was. I'd like too see what happens in free agency before entertaining the thought of him.

Chambers was never half the receiver Plaxico was. Plus if he can still play he would be a huge asset that guy is clutch.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/05/21.jpg

Boxermm187
05-31-2011, 11:45 PM
the chiefs are a young team that are still growing and that went to the playoffs. IMO they are one year ahead of schedule. rather have a young player like Baldwin, grow with this team and make a name for himself.

tornadospotter
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
No thanks, I would pass, if I had a choice in it.

figcrostic
06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
When does he shoot himself in the other leg? This isn't Michael Vick, this is a poor shot with "street" tendencies. Of course, Vick had "street" tendencies as well. And, frankly, I'm not charmed or convinced with all this sweetness and light that Vick has been spreading that the "street" tendencies aren't still there. My compliments to the Philadelphia coaching team but I'll still hold reservations.

If he would have shot himself in KCMO it would have been no big deal. Plus in my opinion Michael Vick's crimes are way worse then Plaxico's I mean really shooting yourself in the leg vs slaughtering dogs.

okikcfan
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
20 months in the big house can change a person and now at his age he should know it's not going to be easy. IMO I'm sure he has a much better understanding of what will be expected of him and his short term goal would be to make as much money as possible in prep for his not so far off retirement. I for one think he could be a good move with a one year contract to start out. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Ryfo18
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
How bad was his leg injured?

matthewschiefs
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
20 months in the big house can change a person and now at his age he should know it's not going to be easy. IMO I'm sure he has a much better understanding of what will be expected of him and his short term goal would be to make as much money as possible in prep for his not so far off retirement. I for one think he could be a good move with a one year contract to start out. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I agree that everyone should get a second chance and it's not really what he went to prison for that makes me want to stay away from him. It's the fact that despite his talent his former team was real quick to say they didn't want him back. I just don't want to bring anymore trouble in then we have to.

chief31
06-05-2011, 04:07 AM
I would be more for it if Baldwin didn't already have character issues... But Baldwin being so young and not having matured in the league yet I can guarantee he would respond more to Burress than the coaching staff and I just couldn't trust Buress to guide him down the right path.

Depending if Burress has realized what he has lost, Burress may be able to do more for helping to guide a young guy in a positive direction than anybody.

Having the "street cred" from having been in the kind of trouble he had, may make him a person that young guy would relate to. And if Plax learned from it all, then he would be an excellent mentor.

All that said, I think it would be an extreme long-shot for Burress to have grown as much as he would need to for that to happen.

I would likely prefer to just let him land somewhere else.

Randy Moss has far more skill than Plax, and I would pass on him too.

We still have Bowe trying to mature and become a consistent WR. Hate to risk sending them both the wrong message with Burress.

I liked him on the field. But I would not bother taking a chance on him with this team, at this time.

honda522
06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
No
No
No

matthewschiefs
06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
No
No
No

Is that a yes? :D