PDA

View Full Version : If you had the ability to buy a team...

Scout200
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
If you had the ability to purchase a team, what team would you buy? Would it be your favorite team or would it be a team that you want to work with and build up the current roster? What changes would you make?

Canada
06-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I would buy the Raitards and run them into the ground!!

Chiefster
06-11-2011, 01:07 AM

HA! :lol:

Connie Jo
06-11-2011, 01:45 AM

:lol:

Okay, then I'll buy the Mountain Jacka$$es and run them into the ground too!!! Now all we need is someone willing to buy the Chargers...and we (Chiefs) win the division every season!!!!
:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
06-11-2011, 02:11 AM

Even you would not be able to out-perform what Al Davis has done in the recent past. :lol:

chief31
06-11-2011, 02:14 AM
As for what I would do....

I would make a choice to not invest in The NFL right now. I think this lockout is devastating the fanbase and decimating the market.

Not a real safe investment, in my opinion.

However, if I were to own an NFL team, I could own no other team than The Chiefs.

Connie Jo
06-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Oh, I would be in heaven on Earth if I was the owner of the Chiefs!!!! I'd likely be a poor owner & go broke though, cause I'd give too many friends season tickets as gifts, LOL.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-12-2011, 11:08 AM

I would make a choice to not invest in The NFL right now. I think this lockout is devastating the fanbase and decimating the market.

However, if I were to own an NFL team, I could own no other team than The Chiefs.

Did you read those profit margins YOU posted in that other thread. The owners are making a TON of money. "Not a real safe investment"??? This may be the funniest thing I have ever read in my life! If you think this hiccup is going to affect the NFL long term, come check out my beach house here in Scottsdale. You can get it for next to nothin.......

Scout200
06-14-2011, 03:50 PM

Okay, then I'll buy the Mountain Jacka$ and run them into the ground too!!! Now all we need is someone willing to buy the Chargers...and we (Chiefs) win the division every season!!!!
:lol: Truly clever!!

Connie Jo
06-15-2011, 02:28 AM
:lol: Truly clever!!

~ takes bow ~ Thank you, thank you...I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my friend Canada for inspiring my cleverness. Without his lead my cleverness would not have been possible. ~

:D

Hayvern
06-15-2011, 03:03 PM

THis is not going to do anything long term. Short term, this year, maybe next, might be a little volatile, but the current public have a very short attention span and all of this will be forgotten in short order.

Then if the owners truly do what they say they will do with the extra money they are going to get, we will see NFL revinues go up by 20% over the next three years.

Hayvern
06-15-2011, 03:05 PM
If I had the ability, It would be baseball or football. If I had the money though, the buying of a team is a business decision and as much as I would like to own the Chiefs, Cardinals or the Royals, I would buy just about any team.

You ahve to be able to seperate business from pleasure.

Connie Jo
06-16-2011, 01:33 AM
If I had the ability, It would be baseball or football. If I had the money though, the buying of a team is a business decision and as much as I would like to own the Chiefs, Cardinals or the Royals, I would buy just about any team.

You ahve to be able to seperate business from pleasure.

Not me, hahaha...I wouldn't want a business I didn't enjoy, no fun in that, your heart wouldn't be in it. If your heart is in what you do, the business aspects most times fall into place naturally. :)

matthewschiefs
06-16-2011, 02:15 AM

Okay, then I'll buy the Mountain Jacka$ and run them into the ground too!!! Now all we need is someone willing to buy the Chargers...and we (Chiefs) win the division every season!!!!

I guess I will take care of that. Anyone got Ryan leafs #?

Connie Jo
06-16-2011, 03:05 AM
I guess I will take care of that. Anyone got Ryan leafs #?

chief31
06-16-2011, 04:21 AM
THis is not going to do anything long term. Short term, this year, maybe next, might be a little volatile, but the current public have a very short attention span and all of this will be forgotten in short order.

Then if the owners truly do what they say they will do with the extra money they are going to get, we will see NFL revinues go up by 20% over the next three years.

There are many risks.

I think you underestimate the peoples' ability to hold a grudge.

MLB was at the pinnacle of success when labor disputes decimated their fanbase.

It is not far-fetched to think that the same could happen to The NFL.

Then, even if only for a couple of years, that hurts the future fan-base, as many young fans will be disconnected from The NFL and find different interests.

I just hope that neither side of the current situation is as confident as some of us seem to be about the future of The NFL.

Hayvern
06-16-2011, 08:46 PM
There are many risks.

Then, even if only for a couple of years, that hurts the future fan-base, as many young fans will be disconnected from The NFL and find different interests.

I just hope that neither side of the current situation is as confident as some of us seem to be about the future of The NFL.

MLB has more than rebounded. It didn't take long either. NFL is way more popular then MLB ever was.

Connie Jo
06-18-2011, 02:15 AM
MLB has more than rebounded. It didn't take long either. NFL is way more popular then MLB ever was.

I believe MLB has recovered, but I also believe it took years, and it recovered majorily due to a new generation of fans who don't remember the strike. I still know many among older generations who lost interest in MLB & haven't recaptured that interest as of today.

I do agree that the NFL is overwhelmingly more popular than MLB. I also believe the passionate NFL fan won't lose their interest in the game as easily, nor as quickly as those did of MLB. The NFL fan is more intense, just as football is more intense than that of baseball. If the lockout caused the loss of several games, then yes, many fans would lose interest, find another interest to fill the void. As long as the regular season begins & is complete...the majority of fans will forget any upset felt during the off season lockout.

AkChief49
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I believe what saved baseball was the McGuire/Sosa run for the HR title. Sadly, they both will find it hard to enter the HOF

Scout200
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Not me, hahaha...I wouldn't want a business I didn't enjoy, no fun in that, your heart wouldn't be in it. If your heart is in what you do, the business aspects most times fall into place naturally. :)

Agreed! Well said! :)

Chiefster
06-24-2011, 01:58 AM
THIS...

There are many risks.

...and this!

I believe MLB has recovered, but I also believe it took years, and it recovered majorily due to a new generation of fans who don't remember the strike. I still know many among older generations who lost interest in MLB & haven't recaptured that interest as of today.

I do agree that the NFL is overwhelmingly more popular than MLB. I also believe the passionate NFL fan won't lose their interest in the game as easily, nor as quickly as those did of MLB. The NFL fan is more intense, just as football is more intense than that of baseball. If the lockout caused the loss of several games, then yes, many fans would lose interest, find another interest to fill the void. As long as the regular season begins & is complete...the majority of fans will forget any upset felt during the off season lockout.