PDA

View Full Version : The State of The NFL

tornadospotter
06-12-2011, 01:06 AM
It is sad, that fans lose in this bunch of crap.
I do not know if I will ever respect a player that is involved with this ever again.
How can you resolve this, play your contract.
NFL Owners end the lock out, and let the players under contract in, there is no nflpa, so all under contract report to camp. All who refuse, well there are others that would love to earn what you do, and love the game of football. So Players it is up to you, do you really care about the industry that you are making your life income, or do you want to lose it.
Your agents are not serving in your best intrest!
Get er done. Dammit.

chief31
06-12-2011, 05:25 AM
It is sad, that fans lose in this bunch of crap.
I do not know if I will ever respect a player that is involved with this ever again.
How can you resolve this, play your contract.
NFL Owners end the lock out, and let the players under contract in, there is no nflpa, so all under contract report to camp. All who refuse, well there are others that would love to earn what you do, and love the game of football. So Players it is up to you, do you really care about the industry that you are making your life income, or do you want to lose it.
Your agents are not serving in your best intrest!
Get er done. Dammit.

They are not being allowed to play their contracts.

You thrashed the players, repeatedly for not honoring their contracts, yet they are trying to, and not be allowed to.

The owners are the one's not honoring their contracts with the players.

Therefore, it is absolutely not up to the players, now is it?

hometeam
06-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Dont worry without folks that think like that, how would the megarich people in this country subvert the system to fill the scrooge mcduck money bins they live in~

Everyone has heard the saying 'he who has the gold makes the rules'

In most cases this is very true. The person with most money and power can bend or change the rules to suit themselves, which means taking a bigger piece of the pie. In the united states, the little guy has ONE advocate. UNIONS.

Yes, NFL players make a large salary compared to me and you. So its easy to say 'OMG JUST TAKE THE DEAL' etc etc. All the union is looking for is a fair shake.
The owners agreed to split the %60 (just estimating, and yes im counting the billion of the top for the owners) they have between the 32 people on that side, and let the other 1300 people split the other pot.

DO THE OWNERS REALLY NEED A BIGGER PAYCHECK?

now whos greedy?

matthewschiefs
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
They are not being allowed to play their contracts.

You thrashed the players, repeatedly for not honoring their contracts, yet they are trying to, and not be allowed to.

The owners are the one's not honoring their contracts with the players.

Therefore, it is absolutely not up to the players, now is it?

Th owners did honor the contract they took a right they had in the contract. Players do it all the time.

But your right it's not up to the players. Since there is a lockout in place. I think the players would be willing to keep playing while they sort this whole thing out.

#58ChiefsFan
06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
IF they are unable to work a deal in the very near future why couldn't they play under the contract before this mess and make the monetary rulings retroactive? Unions work without a contract during negotiations and retroactivate all the time. One year of free agency the same as last would be better for the game then not having a full season.

AkChief49
06-12-2011, 01:21 PM
They both are doing irreparable damage to the game. I went with the college package this year-so sad too bad NFL. I was poised to purchase the ticket this year, but not with this garbage going on. If they play, the Chiefs have a couple of prime time games anyway. I am really getting tired of this. I love football, just not this side of it!!

Canada
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
DO THE OWNERS REALLY NEED A BIGGER PAYCHECK?

now whos greedy?
None of them do. Thats why so many people are pissed off.

hometeam
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
The players arent asking for a bigger paycheck, they just dont want a smaller one.

The OWNERS opted out of the current agreement, and are offering LESS.

Players want the same fair shake they have had.

chief31
06-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Th owners did honor the contract they took a right they had in the contract. Players do it all the time.

But your right it's not up to the players. Since there is a lockout in place. I think the players would be willing to keep playing while they sort this whole thing out.

The contracts that are being broken by the owners are each of the individual player contracts.

The contracts that players were being accused of not honoring.

Chiefster
06-14-2011, 01:27 AM
None of them do. Thats why so many people are pissed off.

Eggsactly!

Hayvern
06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
The players arent asking for a bigger paycheck, they just dont want a smaller one.

The OWNERS opted out of the current agreement, and are offering LESS.

Players want the same fair shake they have had.

The fact of the matter is that no player under contract is being asked to have a smaller contract, however, those future contracts may be smaller. Some of those contracts need to be smaller. There is no way that a number one picked rookie QB should get a 60 million dollar contract.

Market forces should dictate player contracts, but the union does not allow that to happen. The same for all unions in this country, they never allow market forces to come to play. In the end, employees lose jobs before the union makes concessions.

Bah, here I am getting into this stupid discussion again. Union people will never understand business concepts and why they are breaking this country. Why even bother, all they ever want is theirs and be damned about what they do to anyone else.

:efpge: