PDA

View Full Version : Having problems reading

N TX Dave
06-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I am having a problem when I click # Unread Posts I get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
I have upgrade to IE 9 but it even happens if I go into compatibility view it has been happening for a while.

:sign0153:

chief31
06-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Hmmmm. Not sure what to tell ya.

Hope someone else has some insight for ya.

N TX Dave
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
It just worked with out a problem I have had it work a time or two but 95% of the time it just give me the error.

Chiefster
06-28-2011, 01:53 AM
IE9 is the problem you need to un-install it or go with FireFox.

N TX Dave
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
IE9 is the problem you need to un-install it or go with FireFox.

I suppected that myself so I just uninstalled ie 9 including the reboot and I am now running ie 8 but still having the problem. This is the same system including OS that I have been running for 18 months I am at a loss as to what could be causing it. I am not having any other problems other than this web site and I sure miss it. I do have Firefox installed and the site works fine with it so it has to be something that changed in IE.

Thanks

AkChief49
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Having the exact same problem. I guess I'll try installing Firefox

Chiefster
06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I suppected that myself so I just uninstalled ie 9 including the reboot and I am now running ie 8 but still having the problem. This is the same system including OS that I have been running for 18 months I am at a loss as to what could be causing it. I am not having any other problems other than this web site and I sure miss it. I do have Firefox installed and the site works fine with it so it has to be something that changed in IE.

Thanks

Having the exact same problem. I guess I'll try installing Firefox

I use FF almost exclusively. It sounds as if you may need to clean your registry. To do this one must be very, very careful; there are registry cleaners out there that you can trust and others you cannot. I use Glary Utilities. It is a free and effective program; should you choose to use it.

Glary Utilities Download - Free Utilities to Clean Registry, Fix PC Errors, Clean Privacy (http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/glary-utilities/download/)

Here's how to use the program after you download it: YouTube - ‪Free Software! [HD]: Tools: Glary Utilities Helps Optimize Windows System and Registry‬‏

Hope this helps.

N TX Dave
06-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I use FF almost exclusively. It sounds as if you may need to clean your registry. To do this one must be very, very careful; there are registry cleaners out there that you can trust and others you cannot. I use Glary Utilities. It is a free and effective program; should you choose to use it.

Glary Utilities Download - Free Utilities to Clean Registry, Fix PC Errors, Clean Privacy (http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/glary-utilities/download/)

Here's how to use the program after you download it: YouTube - ‪Free Software! [HD]: Tools: Glary Utilities Helps Optimize Windows System and Registry‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHHUP9V1SXg)

Hope this helps.

I had PCTools registry and ran it and that fixed it do not know if it would have fixed IE 9 or not but I am not going to try it. Thanks for the help.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

AkChief49
07-01-2011, 03:54 PM
thank you Chiefster!

Chiefster
07-02-2011, 03:41 AM
I had PCTools registry and ran it and that fixed it do not know if it would have fixed IE 9 or not but I am not going to try it. Thanks for the help.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

thank you Chiefster!

Not a problem guys; just glad to be of some help.

N TX Dave
03-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Any chance of upgrading vBulletin to newer verson they are up to verison 4.1.11 they say that is why ie 9 won't work and my laptop upgraded to that.

Chiefster
04-01-2012, 12:27 AM
If you run Fire Fox it won't be an issue.
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Get More From Your Firefox — Mobile, Add-ons & Other Stuff — mozilla.org (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/)

N TX Dave
04-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I run Firefox at home on desktop but do not want it on laptop.

Ryfo18
04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I get this problem too when I run from my iPad or iPhone. Annoying, but I just click on the forums themselves to get around.

N TX Dave
04-03-2012, 01:08 PM
I get this problem too when I run from my iPad or iPhone. Annoying, but I just click on the forums themselves to get around.

Yes that is what I have sarted doing also now that I figured out how to do it.

Chiefster
04-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I run Firefox at home on desktop but do not want it on laptop.

Why not on laptop - just out of curiosity.

Coach
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I have noticed a similar problem on my iPhone. I have considered an upgrade but I fear the time involved would be substantial. The new forum software does a much better job of integrating social media, etc. The challenge is that this site has been heavily customized over the last 5 years. There inevitably would be changes and features that would no longer be available. I don't want to run people off the site because of that. I have written custom code through the years to integrate the site into my content management system(joomla), Facebook, twitter, and a whole host of other programs.
Ultimately I guess I could try it and if it doesn't work then roll it back to this version.

Thoughts?

N TX Dave
04-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Sounds good to me if it causes problems I have no problems rolling back if it does I will just do like now.

Chiefster
04-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Ultimately I support any decision you make concerning your site Coach. I know that you don't have to be reminded to back it all up. How much down time do you think we're looking at?

The only reservation I would have is fixing what might not necessarily be broken, but on the other hand I suppose that not everyone prefers Fire Fox.

Ryfo18
04-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I have noticed a similar problem on my iPhone. I have considered an upgrade but I fear the time involved would be substantial. The new forum software does a much better job of integrating social media, etc. The challenge is that this site has been heavily customized over the last 5 years. There inevitably would be changes and features that would no longer be available. I don't want to run people off the site because of that. I have written custom code through the years to integrate the site into my content management system(joomla), Facebook, twitter, and a whole host of other programs.
Ultimately I guess I could try it and if it doesn't work then roll it back to this version.

Thoughts?

As a developer myself, I'm always scared of making wholesale changes. I can definitely tolerate something simple like the unread posts not working.

Like Chiefster said, the decision is yours!

Connie Jo
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Y'all are too high tech for me. I've never used the 'unread posts'. I simply scroll through the forums looking at thread titles, enter the thread when a title interests me, LOL. That's the simple way for me, hahaha.

Connie Jo
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
The feature I would most like to see added is the ability to upload photos from my PC folders to the website directly...without having to use Photobucket, or any host site. I'm lazy like that, hahaha...takes too much time to upload photos to PB for purpose of posting them here.

Chiefster
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
The feature I would most like to see added is the ability to upload photos from my PC folders to the website directly...without having to use Photobucket, or any host site. I'm lazy like that, hahaha...takes too much time to upload photos to PB for purpose of posting them here.

I knew there was something about you that I liked! :D

Connie Jo
05-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Lol Lol

Coach
05-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Click on Pictures at the top of the page. Then click on upload. If you've never browsed out picture gallery you should give it a look. Lots of good stuff in there.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/photoplog

Or you can attach a picture to a post.