PDA

View Full Version : Can You Follow Directions?

Chiefster
07-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Can You Follow Directions?

1. Read this entire list carefully before doing anything else.

2. Get out a blank sheet of paper.

3. Put your name in the upper right-hand corner.

4. Write the word "name" and circle it.

5. Draw five small squares in the upper left-hand corner.

6. Put an "X" in each square.

7. Sign your name under the title of this paper.

8. Write sentence number seven above and put a circle completely around it.

9. Put an "X" in the lower left-hand corner of the page.

10. Draw a triangle around the word "corner".

11. On the back of the paper, add 75 and 13.

12. Loudly call out your first name (for motivation) when you get this far.

13. If you think you have carefully followed directions to this point call out, "I have" (for self-affirmation).

14. On the reverse side of the paper, subtract 12 from 69.

15. Count backwords to yourself from 10 to 1.

16. Say "I am a leader in following directions".

17. Write all of the even numbers in this list on the page.

18. Say "I am nearly finished and I have followed directions."

19. Now that you have finished reading the entire page do only sentence number two. If you have already completed any of the other tasks in the list, you failed to follow directions and failed the test. Remember following directions involves reading each item carefully starting with the first sentence (it stated "read the entire list before doing anyting else.")

AkChief49
07-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I was too lazy not to read them first!! whew!

Chiefster
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
:lol: Me too.

tornadospotter
07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
HA, dang glad I did not have to do any of that.

Chiefster
07-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Yup!

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Honestly, I read very well, spell well too for the most part. I've never in my life had a reading comprehension problem, always did well in school, attentive, focused, and a quick learner. Still, I don't know if it's me, or the authors of instructions, manuals, tutorials...but I have one heck of a time comprehending most these days!! Once I figure something out I think to myself...dang, that was simple enough...why did they have to make it sound so complicated/complex, making the task way more difficult & time consuming than need be, LOL.

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Even after reading all questions through #19...I have just one question...where the heck does it say to write the word "corner" so you can draw a triangle around it, as #10 instructs? LOL

See, that's what happens, I become confused, can't comprehend. I read & comprehended fine until I reached #10, then thought, "wait, I don't remember being instructed prior to write the word 'corner' "...so I went back & read #1-9...nothing. Then I read through the remainder thinking this was some type of a trick...which it was, LOL.

Chiefster
07-08-2011, 04:08 AM
:lol:

I am much the same way; except all through school the rate at which I comprehended something was usually much slower then everyone else.

Connie Jo
07-09-2011, 12:23 AM

I am much the same way; except all through school the rate at which I comprehended something was usually much slower then everyone else.

It just depends on how complex something has been written, as to how fast I comprehend, lol. I swear PC tutorials are written by geeks assuming all others reading are just as much a PC geek as they are...NOT!! hahaha

I'm fine as long as they begin with basic step #1 & continue with basics leading up to the more complex steps...such as..."turn your PC on"..."in start menu locate your documents file"..."open your documents file"...etc..

Don't skip the basics, I'm fine, lol.

Chiefster
07-09-2011, 07:26 AM
It just depends on how complex something has been written, as to how fast I comprehend, lol. I swear PC tutorials are written by geeks assuming all others reading are just as much a PC geek as they are...NOT!! hahaha

I'm fine as long as they begin with basic step #1 & continue with basics leading up to the more complex steps...such as..."turn your PC on"..."in start menu locate your documents file"..."open your documents file"...etc..

Don't skip the basics, I'm fine, lol.

You gotta draw me a picture, paint it and then take a photograph of it.

Seek
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I learned this in second grade. The teacher actually graded us on it, that B.... everyone but one kid got it wrong.

Chiefster
07-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I learned this in second grade. The teacher actually graded us on it, that B.... everyone but one kid got it wrong.

I'll just bet that one kid was you.

Seek
07-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll just bet that one kid was you.

NO it wasn't, thus why I called the teacher a B.... It was second Grade. She could have just said it was a joke or something, but no it was with my school work that I had to take home to my parents.

tornadospotter
07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
NO it wasn't, thus why I called the teacher a B.... It was second Grade. She could have just said it was a joke or something, but no it was with my school work that I had to take home to my parents.
And????? What did your parents say.

Chiefster
07-13-2011, 01:20 AM

Yeah; we're all ears...I mean eyes. :D

Seek
07-14-2011, 08:57 AM

I don't recall that portion of my childhood. I know I forged my mom's signature once and got busted by the same B of a teacher.

chiefnut
07-14-2011, 09:30 AM
i luv the part in "A Christmas Story" when Ralphy gets busted for cursing has his mouth washed out w/soap and the voice says "over the years i have tasted many brands but have found my favorite is Lifeboy" i'm sure i paraphrased that but you get the idea!!

tornadospotter
07-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't recall that portion of my childhood. I know I forged my mom's signature once and got busted by the same B of a teacher.
:lol::lol: I just bet you loved that B of a teacher, didn't you? Tell us the truth. :efpge:

tornadospotter
07-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Interesting about teachers, my freshman year of high school, I chose to take a class because the teacher was so hot and I and every other hormone energized teen boy in my class was in love, or so we thought at that time, with her. Turn out she was pregnant, and that body that our young hormones was responding to, and anticipating being in class with! Had the baby bump when school started. When she went on baby leave, the replacement was, the basketball coach! LOL!!!

Chiefster
07-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Hormones and fate can be a cruel task master.

Seek
07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
:lol::lol: I just bet you loved that B of a teacher, didn't you? Tell us the truth. :efpge:
I do think she was a young good looking teacher, but it was like her first year and only year at that school.

Chiefster
07-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I do think she was a young good looking teacher, but it was like her first year and only year at that school.

I know why.

‪Summer School‬‏ - YouTube

tornadospotter
07-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I know why.

‪Summer School‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_w3NyahWI4)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: