PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crowd KC Chiefs Trivia Contest Here >>>

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
These are the rules of our Chiefs Crowd Trivia Contest as laid out and agreed upon by Chiefs Crowd moderator's. If you have any questions pertaining to the rules, please ask one of the moderator's to explain, because I'm not sure I'm comprending correctly myself, haha.

1. Trivia answers may be obtained by whatever means available.

2. Members may make reply to any question and/or answer for the expressed purpose of pertinent contest discussion within the trivia thread. Any other replies not pertaining to pertinent trivia discussion will be removed and the offending member fairly dealt with. SPAM WILL GET YOU BANNED!

3. All site rules: Read Before Posting - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438) must be strictly adhered to by all participants at all times.

4. All site "Leaders" are ineligible.

5. There will be one point given for each correct answer to the person who answers first correctly. The person with the most points at the end of the contest will win.

6. There will be a first, second, and third place winner, with prizes awarded to each. The prizes are being contributed by Coach, our Chiefs Crowd website founder/owner, and also from myself. Coach is providing prizes from Chiefs Crowd.com merchandise. I am providing autographed Chiefs player items from my personal collection.

7. I will post a new trivia question at random times daily after the previous one is answered correctly. You will need to follow along and check this thread often to see if a new question has been asked, since specific times will not be given for when a new trivia question will be asked.

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Chiefs Trivia question #1:

In 1993 Joe Montana threw a pass to come from behind and defeat the Denver Broncos. How many yards did Joe throw that pass for, AND which KC Chief receiver caught the pass?

Canada
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
5 yards to Willie Davis!!

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
You are correct Canada! Score 1 point!! I'll post question #2 sometime before midnight, hahaha. :)

Canada
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
You are correct Canada! Score 1 point!! I'll post question #2 sometime before midnight, hahaha. :)
Do I win a prize yet?

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Do I win a prize yet?

No sir, not yet, haha. It's not that easy, lol

This contest segment will end once I've asked 25 questions and each have been answered correctly. The difficulty of questions asked shall vary. :)

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Trivia question #2:

In what year did Lamar Hunt (RIP) seek approval from the NFL to own his own NFL franchise, AND did Mr. Hunt seek such approval before or after he began efforts to form his own league?

DC_Chiefsfan
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
1959?

Connie Jo
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
1959?

It's a two part question. :)

#58ChiefsFan
07-08-2011, 04:05 PM
In 1958 Mr. Hunt tried to purchase the Chicago Cardinals and move them to Dallas, they offered him a 20% stake but would not move the team. There were several people interested in buying the team so Lamar decided to contact these men and see if they were interested in forming a new league which became the AFL.

Canada
07-08-2011, 04:42 PM
1959 and No

Connie Jo
07-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Trivia question #2:

In what year did Lamar Hunt (RIP) seek approval from the NFL to own his own NFL franchise, AND did Mr. Hunt seek such approval before or after he began efforts to form his own league?

1959 and No

I need the answer to be either "before" or "after"...the answer "no" is too unclear. :/

chiefnut
07-08-2011, 11:37 PM
When Hunt, Adams, and Howsam were each unable to secure a controlling interest in the Chicago Cardinals, they approached NFL commissioner Bert Bell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Bell) and proposed the addition of expansion teams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_team). Bell, wary of expanding the 12-team league and risking its newfound success, rejected the offer.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-2) On his return flight to Dallas, Hunt conceived the idea of an entirely new league and decided to contact the others who had shown interest in purchasing the Cardinals. He contacted Adams, Howsam, and Winter (as well as Winter's business partner, Bill Boyer) to gauge their interest in starting a new league. Hunt's first meeting with Adams was held in March 1959.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-3) Hunt, who felt a regional rivalry would be critical for the success of the new league, convinced Adams to join and found his team in Houston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston). Hunt next secured an agreement from Howsam to bring a team to Denver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver), Colorado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado).[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-4)

Mr.Hunt did approach the NFL about securing his own franchise "before" he conceived the idea of the AFL

this all according to wikipedia and my slighty foggy memory

Connie Jo
07-09-2011, 12:00 AM
When Hunt, Adams, and Howsam were each unable to secure a controlling interest in the Chicago Cardinals, they approached NFL commissioner Bert Bell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Bell) and proposed the addition of expansion teams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_team). Bell, wary of expanding the 12-team league and risking its newfound success, rejected the offer.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-2) On his return flight to Dallas, Hunt conceived the idea of an entirely new league and decided to contact the others who had shown interest in purchasing the Cardinals. He contacted Adams, Howsam, and Winter (as well as Winter's business partner, Bill Boyer) to gauge their interest in starting a new league. Hunt's first meeting with Adams was held in March 1959.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-3) Hunt, who felt a regional rivalry would be critical for the success of the new league, convinced Adams to join and found his team in Houston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston). Hunt next secured an agreement from Howsam to bring a team to Denver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver), Colorado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado).[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League#cite_note-4)

Mr.Hunt did approach the NFL about securing his own franchise "before" he conceived the idea of the AFL

this all according to wikipedia and my slighty foggy memory

You have given the accurate answers to the two part question!! Score one point!

To clarify previous answers given...Hunt did attempt to purchase the Cardinals in 1958, but according to official archived Chiefs history he 'officially' did not approach the NFL until 1959 related to owning his own franchise solely.

Connie Jo
07-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Trivia question #3:

What most important factor contributed to Lamar Hunts decision with choosing the color of seats to be used at Arrowhead Stadium prior to it being built?

Canada
07-09-2011, 06:43 PM
With everyone wearing red, the orange and red empty seats are not so noticeable

Connie Jo
07-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Nope, wrong answer, sorry Canada. :)

chiefnut
07-10-2011, 01:01 PM
i know it was posted here w/in the last month but i just can't remember. i know it had nothing to do with the KC colors more like it was that the red ones were on sale at kmart. we all know Mr. Hunts rep for frugality!! lol

Connie Jo
07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Oh wow...I thought for sure someone would've answered correctly by now. Heck, I'll boast a bit...I've known the answer for years, lol. Come on Chiefs fans, this is Chiefs history!! LOL

Connie Jo
07-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm going to make trivia question #3 a bit easier by re-asking the question more specifically, hahaha.

Why did Lamar Hunt choose ORANGE seats for the lower level at Arrowhead stadium?

chiefnut
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm going to make trivia question #3 a bit easier by re-asking the question more specifically, hahaha.

Why did Lamar Hunt choose ORANGE seats for the lower level at Arrowhead stadium?

was it because it was the U of T longhorns colors

chiefnut
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
i just read there were not enuf red seats available when the stadium was originaly built and orange seemed the next closest color available

Connie Jo
07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
i just read there were not enuf red seats available when the stadium was originaly built and orange seemed the next closest color available

Really? Where did you read that at? I've not heard that one before, but no, that is not the correct answer based upon 'official' history of the Chiefs. :)

chiefnut
07-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Really? Where did you read that at? I've not heard that one before, but no, that is not the correct answer based upon 'official' history of the Chiefs. :)

It was on Arrowhead Pride, i googled and followed a link to a discussion about it there:chiefs:

Canada
07-13-2011, 12:23 PM
CJ, u dont even know why they are orange!!

Arrowhead...improvements? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11792&highlight=why+orange+seats+arrowhead)

Chiefster
07-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Arrowhead...improvements? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11792&highlight=why+orange+seats+arrowhead)

Well in CJ's defense that thread was started in December of 2009.

Canada
07-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Well in CJ's defense that thread was started in December of 2009.In my defense, it was just a joke.

Chiefster
07-13-2011, 10:35 PM
In my defense, it was just a joke.

Sorry dude; back to trivia.

Connie Jo
07-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Well in CJ's defense that thread was started in December of 2009.

Honestly, I didn't mean it literally, was just giving fans a fun competitive spark to hopefully search for the answer, lol. I've literally known the answer for a couple years it seems, lol. My mind is filled with so much Chiefs history, I couldn't honestly answer how long I've known what. I do know I've known since January 11th, 1970 that the Chiefs won their first Super Bowl!!

:lol:

Connie Jo
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
For now, I'm going to move forward to trivia question #4, but #3 is still open for any one to answer. I might note, that my friend Kelly was here tonight visiting and I asked him question #3...he answered correctly right away, without any thought. He's not playing CC Trivia though, so no point for Kelly! LOL

A small clue...question #3 and question #4 are connected, lol.

Trivia question #4:

What was the name of the stadium that the Dallas Texans played in, and of which Lamar Hunt was known to be sentimental towards?

tornadospotter
07-14-2011, 12:09 AM
So the current contest question is not forgotten, please reply only to the question, start a thread for discussion of the trivia question. :smile

Canada
07-14-2011, 07:10 AM
For now, I'm going to move forward to trivia question #4, but #3 is still open for any one to answer. I might note, that my friend Kelly was here tonight visiting and I asked him question #3...he answered correctly right away, without any thought. He's not playing CC Trivia though, so no point for Kelly! LOL

Trivia question #4:

What was the name of the stadium that the Dallas Texans played in, and of which Lamar Hunt was known to be sentimental towards?The Cotton Bowl

chiefnut
07-14-2011, 07:46 AM

Trivia question #4:

What was the name of the stadium that the Dallas Texans played in, and of which Lamar Hunt was known to be sentimental towards?

The Cotton Bowl, the seats are orange there

Connie Jo
07-19-2011, 08:33 AM
The Cotton Bowl

Correct! Score one point, which now brings you to a score of 2, I believe. :)

Connie Jo
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
The Cotton Bowl, the seats are orange there

Correct!! Score one point, which I believe also bring your total score to 2.

The history I came across online a couple yrs. or so ago when I myself was curious...was the following below. As well, I've since confirmed the history found online at one time with elder Chiefs fans whom are among the Chiefs 'Red Coaters' organization, and of whom were personal friends of Lamar Hunt and his wife.

It is believed, that there were not enough 'red' seats available on the market to complete Arrowhead at the time. Rather than delay progress of Arrowhead waiting for manufacturers to produce more, Lamar made the decision instead to go with orange seats in the lower level. He had made public statements saying something along the lines of, 'the orange reminded him of seats at the Cotton Bowl Stadium', which he was known to have a sentimental attachment to.

Connie Jo
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Triva question #5:

What was the infamous nickname given to the owners of AFL franchises by the more powerful NFL?

Canada
07-19-2011, 01:03 PM
The foolish club

chiefnut
07-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I know it was called "Hunts Folly" and "Lamar's Folly" generally ridiculed by the NFL and the press. after its first year one of Lamar's detractors snidely asked Lamar's father what he thought of his son losing one million dollars on his folly? the elder Hunt replied well I guess he only has 99 milion left to go!

#58ChiefsFan
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I know it was called "Hunts Folly" and "Lamar's Folly" generally ridiculed by the NFL and the press. after its first year one of Lamar's detractors snidely asked Lamar's father what he thought of his son losing one million dollars on his folly? the elder Hunt replied well I guess he only has 99 milion left to go!

Not doing to bad for a 27-28 year old eh? The oil company they ran back the was making a disgusting amount of money for the time period. IIRC they were taking in about a million dollars a week back in the 1950's. I'm glad this worked out for football but makes you wonder what he would have got into if the detractors were correct.

Connie Jo
07-20-2011, 04:40 PM
The foolish club

That is correct! Score another point, which if my calculations are accurate you are now in the lead, 1 pt. ahead.

Connie Jo
07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Trivia question #6:

How many playoff games have the Chiefs played in since moving to KC from Dallas through current date, AND which team was their opponent, AND the final outcome for the Chiefs win/lose. No need to mention score, simply did the Chiefs win or lose.

AkChief49
07-21-2011, 01:50 AM
1966 Championship- KC wins over Fubbalo- KC loses to GB SuperBowl I
1968 KC loses to Faiders (Western Div. )
1969 KC over the NY Jets(Div.)- KC over the Faiders(AFL championship)- KC over Minnesota Super Bowl IV Champs
1971 KC loses to Miami(longest game)(Div.)
1986 KC loses to Jets(wild card)
1990 KC loses to Miami(wild card)
1991 KC over Faiders(wild card)- KC loses to Fubbalo(Div.)
1992 KC loses to San Diego ( wild card)
1993 KC over Pittsburgh(wild card)-KC over Houston(Div.)- KC loses to Fubbalo(conf.)(almost)
1994 KC loses to Miami(wild card)
1995 KC loses to Indianapolis(Div.)(thanks, kicker not to be named)
1997 KC loses to Donks (Div.)(cheaters)
2003 KC loses to Indianoplis (Div.) (no punting)
2006 KC loses to Indianapolis (wild card) (Indy super bowl champs)
2010 KC loses to Baltimore (wild card) (dirty birds)
So, since moving to KC and counting Super Bowls the number is 21 for playoff games.

Canada
07-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Im gonna go with what he said!!

chiefnut
07-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Great job Ak!
hmmm 7-14, a .333 post season winning percentage,
guess it could be worse but should have been a lot better!!

Connie Jo
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
1966 Championship- KC wins over Fubbalo- KC loses to GB SuperBowl I
1968 KC loses to Faiders (Western Div. )
1969 KC over the NY Jets(Div.)- KC over the Faiders(AFL championship)- KC over Minnesota Super Bowl IV Champs
1971 KC loses to Miami(longest game)(Div.)
1986 KC loses to Jets(wild card)
1990 KC loses to Miami(wild card)
1991 KC over Faiders(wild card)- KC loses to Fubbalo(Div.)
1992 KC loses to San Diego ( wild card)
1993 KC over Pittsburgh(wild card)-KC over Houston(Div.)- KC loses to Fubbalo(conf.)(almost)
1994 KC loses to Miami(wild card)
1995 KC loses to Indianapolis(Div.)(thanks, kicker not to be named)
1997 KC loses to Donks (Div.)(cheaters)
2003 KC loses to Indianoplis (Div.) (no punting)
2006 KC loses to Indianapolis (wild card) (Indy super bowl champs)
2010 KC loses to Baltimore (wild card) (dirty birds)
So, since moving to KC and counting Super Bowls the number is 21 for playoff games.

You are correct!!! Score one point!! :)

Connie Jo
07-21-2011, 04:03 PM
In trivia question #6 one playoff game is not included in the correct answer to question #6.

Trivia question #7:

Which playoff game is not included in the answer to question #6, AND please note the Chiefs opponent, as well as whether or not it was a win or loss for the Chiefs.

AkChief49
07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
1962 AFL championship Dallas Texans-20
Houston -17

chiefnut
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
that is correct

Connie Jo
07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
1962 AFL championship Dallas Texans-20
Houston -17

Correct again!! Score one point!!

Connie Jo
07-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Let's see how familiar some of you are with newer Chiefs team members, haha. ;)

Trivia question #8:

Dexter McCluster and Dwayne Bowe each have a signature phrase consisting of two words, that they use often at the end of a conversation or when closing a public comment. What is Dexter's signature two word phrase AND what is Dwaynes?

Connie Jo
07-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Let's see how familiar some of you are with newer Chiefs team members, haha. ;)

Trivia question #8:

Dexter McCluster and Dwayne Bowe each have a signature phrase consisting of two words, that they use often at the end of a conversation or when closing a public comment. What is Dexter's signature two word phrase AND what is Dwaynes?

Clue: The answer is easily found on the internet. :)

chiefnut
07-25-2011, 08:58 AM
the only things i could find was "allright allright" for Dexter and "no homo" for Dwayne

not easily found on the net!!!

Connie Jo
07-25-2011, 01:25 PM
the only things i could find was "allright allright" for Dexter and "no homo" for Dwayne

not easily found on the net!!!

I told y'all the questions would vary in difficulty, hahaha, sorry! Still, I don't think it would be fair for me to list exactly where, but the answers are easily available on many 'related' websites.

You are partially correct, but of course we need the complete answer. :)

Connie Jo
07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Another clue leading to the correct complete answer for #8: 'Search within, some things are closer to home than one may realize.'

kcchiefs28
07-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Dexter McCluster - Alright Alright
Dwayne Bowe - God First

wooohoooo :yahoo:

Connie Jo
07-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Dexter McCluster - Alright Alright
Dwayne Bowe - God First

wooohoooo :yahoo:

CORRECT!!! hahaha Score one point!!!

Connie Jo
07-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Trivia Question #9:

Name the Chiefs players of which broke franchise and/or NFL records in 2010.

TopekaRoy
07-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Trivia Question #9:

Name the Chiefs players of which broke franchise and/or NFL records in 2010.
Dexter McCluster set a franchise record with a 94 yard punt return. Dwayne Bowe became first Chief in franchise history to score a touchdown in 6 straight games.

Those were the only 2 I could find.

AkChief49
07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Dexter McCluster set a franchise record with a 94 yard punt return. Dwayne Bowe became first Chief in franchise history to score a touchdown in 6 straight games.

Add to that Jamaal Charles 6.42 yds/carry for the season. Bowe's record would be for receiving TD's as Priest Holmes has the most consecutive TD record with 11

Connie Jo
07-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Add to that Jamaal Charles 6.42 yds/carry for the season. Bowe's record would be for receiving TD's as Priest Holmes has the most consecutive TD record with 11

Neither is the correct answer. The answer needs to list ALL Chiefs players who set a franchise and/or NFL record in the 2010 season.

Clue: There are Chiefs players who set records in 2010 that aren't mentioned in either of the answers given so far. This is a tough question, as the Chiefs website has not updated their franchise history stats to include 2010. You'll have to do some digging on the internet to refresh memory of those players who did set records in 2010. :)

It's not necessary to include the franchise record each player broke, since I didn't include that aspect in the question as necessary for a correct answer, although probably should have. Thank you for noting records broken, it's a nice trivia fact for readers to increase their Chiefs knowledge. :)

TopekaRoy
07-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Neither is the correct answer. The answer needs to list ALL Chiefs players who set a franchise and/or NFL record in the 2010 season.

Clue: There are Chiefs players who set records in 2010 that aren't mentioned in either of the answers given so far. This is a tough question, as the Chiefs website has not updated their franchise history stats to include 2010. You'll have to do some digging on the internet to refresh memory of those players who did set records in 2010. :)

It's not necessary to include the franchise record each player broke, since I didn't include that aspec founs anot in the question as necessary for a correct answer, although probably should have. Thank you for noting records broken, it's a nice trivia fact for readers to increase their Chiefs knowledge. :) It's a hard question to answer when we don't know how many records were set.

It would be really helpful if you told us how many records you are looking for. I found 2 and AkCheif found another one, but we don' know where to stop!

I know Dexter McLuster's record for punt returns is one, Dwayne Bowe's 6 touchdown receptions is another and Jamaal Charles's (who I figured set a record somewhere, I just couldn't find it!) 6.42 yards per carry is a third. how many are we missing?

Connie Jo
07-27-2011, 12:20 PM
It's a hard question to answer when we don't know how many records were set.

It would be really helpful if you told us how many records you are looking for. I found 2 and AkCheif found another one, but we don' know where to stop!

I know Dexter McLuster's record for punt returns is one, Dwayne Bowe's 6 touchdown receptions is another and Jamaal Charles's (who I figured set a record somewhere, I just couldn't find it!) 6.42 yards per carry is a third. how many are we missing?

Since Dwayne has already been mentioned, but noting records is not required as part of the answer...Dwayne actually set two franchise records, so one of those was missed in answers given. He set a franchise record with number of games consecutively with a score, which I believe was 7, not 6...& he also set a franchise record for most WR TD's in a single season with 13.

The answers are available online in news media coverage, you might try reading game highlights of each Chiefs game last season, haha.;) Okay, okay...y'all are missing two players who set records, both on offense. Please keep in mind, when the other players still not mentioned who set records are noted...for the answer to be correct all players must be mentioned in the answer given. ;)

Connie Jo
07-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Y'all have mentioned 3 of 5 Chiefs players who set records in 2010...Bowe, Charles, & McCluster...still need names of two more Chiefs who set records in 2010 for the correct answer.

TopekaRoy
07-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Y'all have mentioned 3 of 5 Chiefs players who set records in 2010...Bowe, Charles, & McCluster...still need names of two more Chiefs who set records in 2010 for the correct answer.
I haven't given up ... yet! I'm still hunting for the other 2.

TopekaRoy
07-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Okay. We got Bowe, Charles and McCluster. I'm gonna guess the other two are Cassell (469 passing yds in one game) and Thomas Jones (862 touches without a fumble).

Connie Jo
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Okay. We got Bowe, Charles and McCluster. I'm gonna guess the other two are Cassell (469 passing yds in one game) and Thomas Jones (862 touches without a fumble).

Nope, however, Cassel is one of the 5, but he didn't set a franchise record for passing yds. Since I didn't ask for the record description in the answer, I'll say that the franchise record set by Cassel was +20 TD/INT differential 6 game turn around. Jones however is incorrect.

Recap: 4 of 5 players have been named who set franchise records in 2010, one remains unmentioned. The 4 named are Cassel, Bowe, Charles, & McCluster...still need #5 for the correct answer.

Connie Jo
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Another clue: reflect upon amazing plays in 2010 by particular offensive players. #5 is one of those.

TopekaRoy
07-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Nope, however, Cassel is one of the 5, but he didn't set a franchise record for passing yds.
Darn! I figured Cassell must have set some kind of franchise record with the year he had. I was just grasping at straws with Jones.

Alright. I'll keep looking. Your clue leads me to believe that the longest ____ in franchise history is number 5. I just have to find the blank and figure out who did it!

TopekaRoy
07-27-2011, 06:19 PM
alright, I'm going with Bowe, Charles, McCluster, Cassell and ...

Dustin Colquitt who set the Chiefs post season record for highest punt average of 52.3 gross yds/punt.

... partial credit?

Connie Jo
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Nope, haha. The 5th of 5 Chiefs to set franchise records in 2010 is a starter on our offense. Cassels record was the one I referred to as being not a well known franchise stat. The franchise record set by the one player still unmentioned was widely mentioned by the media. Think big plays that drew national media attention, lol. ;)

Connie Jo
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Still missing the 5th of 5 players to set a Chiefs franchise record. Wow, I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned him, considering this particular offensive player stood out his 'rookie' year. ;)

Canada
07-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Moeaki, Bowe MCCluster Charles and Casel

Connie Jo
07-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Moeaki, Bowe MCCluster Charles and Casel

You are correct!!! Score one point! Moeaki was the 5th player missing who set a franchise record. :)

Connie Jo
07-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Trivia question #9:

Name the players of which hold the Chiefs franchise record for:

All time rushing yards
All time receiving yards
All time passing yards
All time sacks
All time defensive interceptions

Canada
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Priest Holmes - rushing
Tony Gonzalez - Rec Yards
Lenny Dawson - Passing Yards
Derrick Thomas - Sacks
Emmit Thomas - INTs

AkChief49
08-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Priest Holmes - rushing
Derrick Thomas - Sacks
Emmit Thomas - INTs
I'll go with what he said:D

Connie Jo
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Priest Holmes - rushing
Derrick Thomas - Sacks
Emmit Thomas - INTs

Score one point, you are correct again!!!

Connie Jo
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Trivia question #10:

What is the date, including year, of the KC Chiefs highest scoring game that they won, and who was their opponent?

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Trivia question #10:

What is the date, including year, of the KC Chiefs highest scoring game that they won, and who was their opponent?

Vs. the Broncos, Dec. 7, 1963
Kansas City 59
Denver 7

I t doesn't compare to when my favorite team the Bears beat the Redskins 79-0 but it's still pretty good!

Connie Jo
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Kansas City 59
Denver 7

I t doesn't compare to when my favorite team the Bears beat the Redskins 79-0 but it's still pretty good!

Score one point! That was quick, lol.

Connie Jo
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Trivia question #11:

Which Chiefs team members authored the following book titles:

1) "They're Playing My Game"
2) "Strength of Heart"
3) "The Need To Win"
4) "The End of Autumn"

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
1) "They're Playing My Game" - Hank Stram
2) "Strength of Heart" - Marcus Allen
3) "The Need To Win" - Otis Taylor and Mark Stallord
4) "The End of Autumn" - Michael Oriard?

AkChief49
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I'll go with T-roy said, except it is "Strength of the Heart" for Marcus Allen.

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll go with T-roy said, except it is "Strength of the Heart" for Marcus Allen.
Good catch. Connie Jo came up with the titles. I just provided the authors!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/3.jpg

AkChief49
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
You were hours ahead of me, it just threw a wrench in my search:D:bananen_smilies046:

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:30 PM
You were hours ahead of me, it just threw a wrench in my search:D:bananen_smilies046:

Google wasn't working for me. I found all but the first one searching for books on Amazon.com.

Connie Jo
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
1) "They're Playing My Game" - Hank Stram
2) "Strength of Heart" - Marcus Allen
3) "The Need To Win" - Otis Taylor and Mark Stallord
4) "The End of Autumn" - Michael Oriard?

You are correct! Score one point!!

PS: Sorry about omitting 'the'...my bad! I have some stuff going on behind the PC preoccupying thoughts, & time, hopefully soon 'this too shall pass'. :)

Connie Jo
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Trivia question #12:

Name the Chiefs players of whom their jersey numbers are retired, IN ORDER of whose were retired first to last by date.

Canada
08-04-2011, 12:40 PM
1970s
1970 Lamar Hunt, team founder and owner
1971 #36 Mack Lee Hill, Running back
1972 #75 Jerry Mays, Defensive tackle
1973 #84 Fred Arbanas, Tight end
1974 #42 Johnny Robinson, Safety
1975 #88 Chris Burford, Wide receiver
1976 #55 E.J. Holub, Center/Linebacker
1977 #77 Jim Tyrer, Offensive tackle
1978 #21 Mike Garrett, Running back
1979 #16 Len Dawson, Quarterback
1980s
1980 #78 Bobby Bell, Linebacker
1981 #86 Buck Buchanan, Defensive tackle
1982 #89 Otis Taylor, Wide receiver
1983 No induction
1984 #71 Ed Budde, Guard
1985 #63 Willie Lanier, Linebacker
1986 #18 Emmitt Thomas, Cornerback
1987 Hank Stram, Coach
1988 #44 Jerrel Wilson, Punter
1989 #14 Ed Podolak, Running back
1990s
1990 #51 Jim Lynch, Linebacker
1991 #28 Abner Haynes, Running back
1992 #3 Jan Stenerud, Kicker
1993 #69 Sherrill Headrick, Linebacker
1994 #58 Jack Rudnay, Center
1995 #32 Curtis McClinton, Running back
1996 #20 Deron Cherry, Safety
1997 #73 Dave Hill, Offensive tackle
1998 #67 Art Still, Defensive end
1999 #34 Lloyd Burruss, Safety
2000s
2000 #35 Christian Okoye, Running back
2001 #58 Derrick Thomas, Linebacker
2002 #76 John Alt, Offensive tackle
2003 #59 Gary Spani, Linebacker
2004 #37 Joe Delaney, Running back
2005 Jack Steadman, team administrator
2006 #90 Neil Smith, Defensive end
2007 #29 Albert Lewis, Cornerback
2008 #61 Curley Culp, Defensive tackle
2009 #8 Nick Lowery, Kicker
2010s
2010 Marty Schottenheimer, Coach

Connie Jo
08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
1970s
1970 Lamar Hunt, team founder and owner
1971 #36 Mack Lee Hill, Running back
1972 #75 Jerry Mays, Defensive tackle
1973 #84 Fred Arbanas, Tight end
1974 #42 Johnny Robinson, Safety
1975 #88 Chris Burford, Wide receiver
1976 #55 E.J. Holub, Center/Linebacker
1977 #77 Jim Tyrer, Offensive tackle
1978 #21 Mike Garrett, Running back
1979 #16 Len Dawson, Quarterback
1980s
1980 #78 Bobby Bell, Linebacker
1981 #86 Buck Buchanan, Defensive tackle
1982 #89 Otis Taylor, Wide receiver
1983 No induction
1984 #71 Ed Budde, Guard
1985 #63 Willie Lanier, Linebacker
1986 #18 Emmitt Thomas, Cornerback
1987 Hank Stram, Coach
1988 #44 Jerrel Wilson, Punter
1989 #14 Ed Podolak, Running back
1990s
1990 #51 Jim Lynch, Linebacker
1991 #28 Abner Haynes, Running back
1992 #3 Jan Stenerud, Kicker
1993 #69 Sherrill Headrick, Linebacker
1994 #58 Jack Rudnay, Center
1995 #32 Curtis McClinton, Running back
1996 #20 Deron Cherry, Safety
1997 #73 Dave Hill, Offensive tackle
1998 #67 Art Still, Defensive end
1999 #34 Lloyd Burruss, Safety
2000s
2000 #35 Christian Okoye, Running back
2001 #58 Derrick Thomas, Linebacker
2002 #76 John Alt, Offensive tackle
2003 #59 Gary Spani, Linebacker
2004 #37 Joe Delaney, Running back
2005 Jack Steadman, team administrator
2006 #90 Neil Smith, Defensive end
2007 #29 Albert Lewis, Cornerback
2008 #61 Curley Culp, Defensive tackle
2009 #8 Nick Lowery, Kicker
2010s
2010 Marty Schottenheimer, Coach

No, incorrect...this is the Chiefs HOF list. I need the answer specifically as to which Chiefs players have their jersey #'s retired, in the order they were retired by date first to last. ;)

Canada
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
16 Len Dawson
33 Stone Johnson
28 Abner Haynes
36 Mack Lee Hill
3 Jan Stenerud
78 Bobby Bell
86 Buck Buchanan
63 Willie Lanier
58 Derrick Thomas

AkChief49
08-04-2011, 06:36 PM
16 Len Dawson
33 Stone Johnson
28 Abner Haynes
36 Mack Lee Hill
3 Jan Stenerud
78 Bobby Bell
86 Buck Buchanan
63 Willie Lanier
58 Derrick Thomas
should Emitt Thomas #18 also be on this list?

Canada
08-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Probably, I started searching and then got distracted

tornadospotter
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I have deleted posts that did not belong in this thread, and do not belong in this thread. Keep all post in this thread to the contest! I do not even care if you are a Mod! I will DELETE YOUR POST! Keep this Thread to answers of the Contest, Please. Thank you.
TS.

Connie Jo
08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
The answers submitted for trivia question #12 remain incorrect as they are currently posted. :/

AkChief49
08-07-2011, 05:48 PM
1. Stone Johnson-'63
2. Mack Lee Hill -'66
3. Bobby Bell -'83
4. Len Dawson -'87
5. Abner Haynes -'91
6. Buck Buchanan-'92
7. Willie Lanier -'92
8. Jan Stenerud -'92
9. Emmitt Thomas-'08
10. DT -'09
Close? maybe?

Connie Jo
08-07-2011, 11:12 PM
1. Stone Johnson-'63
2. Mack Lee Hill -'66
3. Bobby Bell -'83
4. Len Dawson -'87
5. Abner Haynes -'91
6. Buck Buchanan-'92
7. Willie Lanier -'92
8. Jan Stenerud -'92
9. Emmitt Thomas-'08
10. DT -'09
Close? maybe?

You are correct!!! Score one point! Yes, I was at the game retiring DT's jersey in December, 2009.

Connie Jo
08-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Trivia question #13:

Trivia question #12 asked which Chiefs jersey numbers are retired. Of those jersey numbers retired two were only ever worn by the original player they were issued to. Which two Chief players and their jersey numbers have only been worn by them in the Chiefs franchise history?

AkChief49
08-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Dawson-#16 and Haynes -#28

chiefnut
08-08-2011, 08:33 AM
You are correct!!! Score one point! Yes, I was at the game retiring DT's jersey in December, 2009.

wasn't Joe Delaney's #37 retired??

Canada
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
wasn't Joe Delaney's #37 retired??Not that I can find, although it should be.

AkChief49
08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
wasn't Joe Delaney's #37 retired??
not officially, no one has worn it since his death.

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Dawson-#16 and Haynes -#28

Correct again!! Score another point!!

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Chiefs Trivia question #14:

The Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers as we know competed against one another in Super Bowl I. What was the average ticket cost to the game, and how many fans attended?

TopekaRoy
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Chiefs Trivia question #14:

The Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers as we know competed against one another in Super Bowl I. What was the average ticket cost to the game, and how many fans attended?
Tickets were $61,946 and 12 people attended.

no, no, just kidding. Reverse that. 61,946 people attended and tickets were ridiculously expensive at $12.

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Tickets were $61,946 and 12 people attended.

no, no, just kidding. Reverse that. 61,946 people attended and tickets were ridiculously expensive at $12.

You're correct! Score one point!

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Trivia question #15:

What are the names of the original AFL teams when the league was founded?

AkChief49
08-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Boston Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Houston Oilers, New York Titans(Jets), Dallas Texans, Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland Raiders
Notice how the Tenessee Titans and Houston Texans still exist?I thought it was neat they kept the old names.

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Boston Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Houston Oilers, New York Titans(Jets), Dallas Texans, Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland Raiders
Notice how the Tenessee Titans and Houston Texans still exist?I thought it was neat they kept the old names.

You are correct!! Score anothe point!!

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Trivia question #16:

In 1969 there was a bit of a helmet controversy between Coach Hank Stram and his KC Chiefs team. What was the specific reason for that controversy?

AkChief49
08-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Stram wanted to paint the helmets and the team wanted to keep the "battle scarred" look. The team won.

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Stram wanted to paint the helmets for the Super Bowl and the team wanted to keep the "battle scarred" look. The team won.

WOW!! Score another point, you are correct, haha!! I will post another trivia question at some point during daylight, haha. ;)

Canada
08-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Guess all the questions were last night. Wish I coulda been here

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Trivia question #17:

What year was former legendary Chiefs Runningback Priest Holmes drafted, and which NFL team drafted him?

TopekaRoy
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Trivia question #17:

What year was former legendary Chiefs Runningback Priest Holmes drafted, and which NFL team drafted him?
Oooh, a trick question! Priest Holmes was never drafted! He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 1997.

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Oooh, a trick question! priest Holmes was never drafted! He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 1997.

You are correct! Score one point! Dang, I thought that one might stump y'all for a while...I was wrong, haha.

TopekaRoy
08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Priest Holmes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can find anything on teh interwebz!

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Trivia question #18:

This will be the the last trivia question this morning, more to come later at some point, haha.

Derrick Thomas and Emmitt Thomas share the same last name, both have been inducted into the NFL & Chiefs Hall of Fames, both have their jersey numbers retired, and both played defensive positions with the Chiefs. There is also a numerical coincidence shared between legendary Chiefs Derrick Thomas and Emmitt Thomas. Specifically, what is that numerical coincidence these two Chiefs legends share?

AkChief49
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
DT-#58 and ET-58 interceptions?

Canada
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
They both have an 8 in their numbers #18 and #58

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 08:17 PM
DT-#58 and ET-58 interceptions?

You are correct!! Score another point!

Connie Jo
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Trivia question #19:

Name the locations the Chiefs have held their training camps, AND how many years they spent at each location.

AkChief49
08-10-2011, 01:10 AM
1960-New Mexico Miltitary Institute
1961-62 Southern Methodist University
1963-90 William Jewel college Liberty,Mo.
1991-2009 UW River Falls,WI.
2010-2011 Missouri Western State St. Joseph, Mo.

AkChief49
08-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Southern Methodist is in Dallas, Texas and New Mexico Military Institute is in Roswell, New Mexico

Connie Jo
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM
1960-New Mexico Miltitary Institute
1961-62 Southern Methodist University
1963-90 William Jewel college Liberty,Mo.
1991-2009 UW River Falls,WI.
2010-2011 Missouri Western State St. Joseph, Mo.

No, incorrect.

Hint: New Mexico Military Institute was when the Chiefs were still the Texans, so is not necessary in the answer to be correct, but acceptable. Southern Methodist University & William Jewel are necessary in the correct answer, but the yrs. aren't correct with either location in the answer given. UW River Falls & Missouri Western including yrs. are correct. Lastly, one location is entirely missing in the answer given. Excluding the Texans location in New Mexico, there are five training camp locations in the history of the KC Chiefs franchise. :)

AkChief49
08-10-2011, 02:25 AM
1961-65 Southern Methodist University
1966-71 Swope Park in Kansas city
1972-91 William Jewel College Clay County, Mo.
1991-2009 University Wisconsin River Falls, WI.
2010-present Missouri western State University St.Joseph,Mo.

I previously came up with this site Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp Locations - Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/training-camps.htm)

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 12:15 AM
1961-65 Southern Methodist University
1966-71 Swope Park in Kansas city
1972-91 William Jewel College Clay County, Mo.
1991-2009 University Wisconsin River Falls, WI.
2010-present Missouri western State University St.Joseph,Mo.

I previously came up with this site Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp Locations - Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/training-camps.htm)

You are correct!! Score one point!

Yeah, I knew where you referrenced your first answers from, as when I was researching some of the questions to be sure of the correct answers, I had come across the list at profootball reference also. I go with either kcchiefs.com or Wiki if verified sources for the info they list. :)

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm going to throw y'all a bit with Trivia question #20:

What is the year and make of car Coach Todd Haley drives, AND what is the phrase on the bumper sticker it sports?

TopekaRoy
08-11-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm going to throw y'all a bit with Trivia question #20:

What is the year and make of car Coach Todd Haley drives, AND what is the phrase on the bumper sticker it sports?

Guess again! LOL

Haley owns a 1987 Chevy Camaro. It has a bumper sticker that reads: "Yes, it's fast! No, you can't drive it!"

I Googled "Todd Haley" "Bumper sticker"

It was in the first link!
Google (http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&gbv=2&q=todd+haley%27s+car&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1197l1252l0l1863l2l1l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=939&bih=501&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw#pq=todd%20haley%27s%20car&hl=en&cp=27&gs_id=5u&xhr=t&q=todd+haley+bumper+stickers&pf=p&sclient=psy&gbv=2&site=webhp&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=%22todd+haley%22+%22bumper+sticke&aq=0n&aqi=q-n1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e71b447fd81ad294&biw=939&bih=501)

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Guess again! LOL

Haley owns a 1987 Chevy Camaro. It has a bumper sticker that reads: "Yes, it's fast! No, you can't drive it!"

I Googled "Todd Haley" "Bumper sticker"

It was in the first link!
Google (http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&gbv=2&q=todd+haley%27s+car&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1197l1252l0l1863l2l1l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=939&bih=501&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw#pq=todd%20haley%27s%20car&hl=en&cp=27&gs_id=5u&xhr=t&q=todd+haley+bumper+stickers&pf=p&sclient=psy&gbv=2&site=webhp&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=%22todd+haley%22+%22bumper+sticke&aq=0n&aqi=q-n1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e71b447fd81ad294&biw=939&bih=501)

Oh, I knew it was a quickly answered question Googling, just thought it would be fun to go off the beaten path a bit with a question, haha. You are correct! Score one point! :)

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Trivia question #21:

This former professional football running back played 4 seasons for the KC Chiefs and 4 seasons for the San Diego Chargers. He has several notable accomplishments to his credit as a running back in the NCAA, AFL/NFL. After retiring from pro-football he earned his Juris Doctor in Law School, then worked for a major city district attorney's office before once again re-entering a professional career in athletics.

What is the name of the running back I'm referring to, AND what jesery number did he wear as KC Chief, AND which 4 yrs. of his professional football career did he spend with the Chiefs?

Connie Jo
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Trivia question #21:

This former professional football running back played 4 seasons for the KC Chiefs and 4 seasons for the San Diego Chargers. He has several notable accomplishments to his credit as a running back in the NCAA, AFL/NFL. After retiring from pro-football he earned his Juris Doctor in Law School, then worked for a major city district attorney's office before once again re-entering a professional career in athletics.

What is the name of the running back I'm referring to, AND what jesery number did he wear as KC Chief, AND which 4 yrs. of his professional football career did he spend with the Chiefs?

No answers? Hmmm...does this mean I stumped y'all just a bit? hahaha

I gave one clue mentioning 'AFL', just in case ya missed that, haha. Here's another clue: this running back also received the highest honor possible during his NCAA playing yrs..

AkChief49
08-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Mike Garrett with the Chiefs from 1966-70 wore #21

AkChief49
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
He played only three games in '70 before being traded to SD.

AkChief49
08-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Trivia question #10:

Kansas City 59
Denver 7

You all forgot about the "preseason" game on Aug. 23 1967 the following season after losing to Green Bay in the first Super Bowl! It was a game and we did win. The first year of afl/nfl interleague play. Kansas City Chiefs- 66
Chicago Bears-24 (sorry Roy) Sports Illustrated Article on AFL-NFL Preseason Interleague Play, 1967 (http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/Interleague_SportsIllustrated67.htm)

that's gotta be worth 1/2 a point:D

TopekaRoy
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
You all forgot about the "preseason" game on Aug. 23 1967 the following season after losing to Green Bay in the first Super Bowl! It was a game and we did win. The first year of afl/nfl interleague play. Kansas City Chiefs- 66
Chicago Bears-24 (sorry Roy) Sports Illustrated Article on AFL-NFL Preseason Interleague Play, 1967 (http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/Interleague_SportsIllustrated67.htm)

Very good, but preseason games don't "count," so neither does your answer!

By the same token, I should get 3/5 of a point on the "Chiefs who set franchise records" question, because I was the first to post 3 of the 5 correct answers! :beer::toast2:

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 12:43 PM

* Note the question asked was also trivia question #21...that was intentional, hahaha. :)

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 12:45 PM

In all fairness, I'm gonna turn this one over to our moderators over seeing the contest, let them decide, because I honestly am not sure how to decide which answer given should be considered correct. :/

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Trivia question #22:

Please name the date, opponent, and final score of the Chiefs greatest loss by point spread, in their franchise history, during a regular season or playoff game. :)

AkChief49
08-14-2011, 02:10 PM
11-07-1976 Steelers-45 Chiefs-0

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
11-07-1976 Steelers-45 Chiefs-0

Correct again! Score another point!!

Connie Jo
08-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Trivia question #23 (last one during daylight hours today):

This legendary recording artist became a Chiefs season ticket holder and loyal Chiefs fan due to becoming a fan of Derrick Thomas during his NCAA years, and wanting to follow DT's NFL career as well. Please give the artists name, AND notation of how this artist first met & became a fan of Derrick Thomas during his college football days.

AkChief49
08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I know it's Bocephus, he was a 'Bama fan.

AkChief49
08-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I know it's Bocephus, he is a 'Bama fan.
Evidently DT attended one of Hank Jr.'s concerts on a dare from his teammates while at Alabama. He sang with Jr. in a video "Come On Over to Country"

AkChief49
08-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Trivia question #23 (last one during daylight hours today):

This legendary recording artist became a Chiefs season ticket holder and loyal Chiefs fan due to becoming a fan of Derrick Thomas during his NCAA years, and wanting to follow DT's NFL career as well. Please give the artists name, AND notation of how this artist first met & became a fan of Derrick Thomas during his college football days.

"One favorite memory for me was taking my grandson Brennen to his first Chiefs game at Arrowhead! I'd taken him to several Draft Days, but not a game. It was late October 22, 2006 against the Chargers. Brennen was 8 yrs. old then.

Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Fame during a half time ceremony. Hank Williams Jr. was there too, since he and Neil became good friends through their mutual good friend, Derrick Thomas (RIP). Hank & DT became good friends when DT was still in college playing for Alabama. Hank became a Chiefs fan when we drafted DT, he even had season tickets, though not sure he still does today. Hank opened the game singing "Are You Ready For Some Football!"
-Connie Jo

you gave yourself away on this one!ha!:bananen_smilies046:

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Chiefs Trivia question #1:

In 1993 Joe Montana threw a pass to come from behind and defeat the Denver Broncos. How many yards did Joe throw that pass for, AND which KC Chief receiver caught the pass?

Didn't this happen on MNF on October 17 1994 not 1993?

Canada
08-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes it did!!

Monday Night Football - MNF's Greatest Games: Kansas City-Denver 1994 (http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestgames/kansascitydenver1994.html)

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Evidently DT attended one of Hank Jr.'s concerts on a dare from his teammates while at Alabama. He sang with Jr. in a video "Come On Over to Country"

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
"One favorite memory for me was taking my grandson Brennen to his first Chiefs game at Arrowhead! I'd taken him to several Draft Days, but not a game. It was late October 22, 2006 against the Chargers. Brennen was 8 yrs. old then.

Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Fame during a half time ceremony. Hank Williams Jr. was there too, since he and Neil became good friends through their mutual good friend, Derrick Thomas (RIP). Hank & DT became good friends when DT was still in college playing for Alabama. Hank became a Chiefs fan when we drafted DT, he even had season tickets, though not sure he still does today. Hank opened the game singing "Are You Ready For Some Football!"
-Connie Jo

you gave yourself away on this one!ha!:bananen_smilies046:

Yeah, I remembered mentioning here, wasn't sure any one else would remember me mentioning it, though, hahaha. Still, you had to search for how DT & Hank met originally. Hank was performing in Alabama, DT attended the concert, Hank knew he was there, had already become DT's fan watching him play college ball, so brought him up on stage. DT actually sang on stage with Hank too! lol

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM

I pulled the info off kcchiefs.com, they had 1993, although it wouldn't be the first time the Chiefs website was in error.

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 06:28 PM

I do believe it was 1994, however, checking various sources I find some stating the play occurred in 1993, others 1994, some say there were 5 secs left on the clock, others say 7 or 8, lol.

Regardless of which year it was, the year was stated in the trivia question. The question only asked for the players name Joe threw the pass to & for how many yards. It was answered correctly as such. :)

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Trivia question #24:

An American Flag sticker is seen on the back of all Chiefs players helmets. Who were the Chiefs opponents in the first game they played with the American Flag sticker on their helmets, AND which Chief player is most known for carrying an American Flag onto the field prior to that game beginning.

ctchiefsfan
08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I do believe it was 1994, however, checking various sources I find some stating the play occurred in 1993, others 1994, some say there were 5 secs left on the clock, others say 7 or 8, lol.

Regardless of which year it was, the year was stated in the trivia question. The question only asked for the players name Joe threw the pass to & for how many yards. It was answered correctly as such. :)

Wasn't questioning the award of the "point", just trying to clear the matter up in my head.

Thanks for this thread. It's fun!

Connie Jo
08-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Wasn't questioning the award of the "point", just trying to clear the matter up in my head.

Thanks for this thread. It's fun!

Oh, okay, hahaha. I had a couple others ask for clarification, so thought maybe you were asking for clarification too. ;)

AkChief49
08-17-2011, 11:24 PM
the first time the flag appeared or the second?

ctchiefsfan
08-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Zebras can throw a storm full of flags. All that matters is the final call.

Lets not forget that the Chiefs were the losers of the VERY FIRST totally blown call by instant replay.

Call from the booth was "pass incomplete". DUMB F'ING Zebras heard "Pass is complete"! Proves Zebras are deaf as well as blind and stupid!!!

Unless I am mistaken that BLOWN CALL came against a bunch of :raisux: And it cost :chiefs: the win!

DUMB SHIP Zebras SUCK!!!!! But :raisux: MORE!!!!!

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Trivia question #24:

An American Flag sticker is seen on the back of all Chiefs players helmets. Who were the Chiefs opponents in the first game they played with the American Flag sticker on their helmets, AND which Chief player is most known for carrying an American Flag onto the field prior to that game beginning.
Giants vs. Chiefs 9-23-2001? - Marcus Spears?

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Zebras can throw a storm full of flags. All that matters is the final call.

Lets not forget that the Chiefs were the losers of the VERY FIRST totally blown call by instant replay.

Call from the booth was "pass incomplete". DUMB F'ING Zebras heard "Pass is complete"! Proves Zebras are deaf as well as blind and stupid!!!

Unless I am mistaken that BLOWN CALL came against a bunch of :raisux: And it cost :chiefs: the win!

DUMB SHIP Zebras SUCK!!!!! But :raisux: MORE!!!!!

?????????? Huh?

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Giants vs. Chiefs 9-23-2001? - Marcus Spears?

You have the game and date correct, not the player. Here is a clue: The reason this player is more known for carrying an American Flag onto the field as the Chiefs players were introduced that day, is a photographer took an individual photo of him doing so, which appeared in media publications and across the internet. :)

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Derrick Ransom?

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Derrick Ransom?

Nope. Additional clues: he played on the defensive side of the ball, was originally drafted by the Chiefs. He was with the Chiefs 8 seasons, with the New England Patriots one season, but not a starter in his final year with the Patriots. :)

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Eric Warfield

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Eric Warfield

Okay, now answer the question completely in one reply so we both follow the rules, hahaha. ;)

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Trivia question #24:

New York Giants 9-23-2001 @ Arrowhead
Eric Warfield

TopekaRoy
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Okay, now answer the question completely in one reply so we both follow the rules, hahaha. ;)
Now that I have all the information, I could beat him to it!

But that wouldn't be fair.

... so I won't.

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 08:42 PM
New York Giants 9-23-2001 @ Arrowhead
Eric Warfield

Correct!! Score on point!!

Now that I have all the information, I could beat him to it!

But that wouldn't be fair.

... so I won't.

I have complete trust in Chiefs Crowd members to be fair, obviously, hahaha. :)

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Okay, this will be trivia question #25, which will end this round of Chiefs Crowd Trivia. I need to check with moderators to confirm winners, once the 25th question has been answered. I would also like input from members, moderators, and our founder/owner of Chiefs Crowd website, Coach...as to whether or not we should continue with a second round or not. It's up to them, I'm good with any decisions they come to. :)

Trivia question #25:

What are the given nicknames of the following Chiefs players related to their football careers:

Len Dawson
Derrick Thomas (RIP)
Nick Lowery
Tony Gonzalez
Andre Rison * he had two different nicknames
Dante Hall

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Lenny the Cool
DT
Nick the kick Lowery
TG
Andre bad moon/ spiderman Rison
The human joy stick-Dante Hall

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Lenny the Cool
DT
Nick the kick Lowery
TG- Gonzo
I forgot Tony's

AkChief49
08-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Lenny the Cool
DT or D.D.T.(Dangerous Derrick Thomas)
Nick the kick Lowery
TG- Gonzo

Connie Jo
08-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Lenny the Cool
DT or D.D.T.(Dangerous Derrick Thomas)
Nick the kick Lowery
TG- Gonzo

No, that's not the nickname most journalists, peers, & fans commonly referred to DT as. Although Dante was called the "human joy stick" by some, that is not the nickname he was often referred to by peers, journalists, and he called himself at times also.

You are correct with the others, TG=Gonzo, Lenny the Cool, Nick the Kick, and both of Andre's nicknames too. He was known as 'bad moon Rison' when with the Falcons, 'spiderman' when with the Chiefs. :)

AkChief49
08-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Ok, Dante was aka the x-factor and other than Bebe, his mothers nickname for him I do not know any other nickname for Derrick Thomas

AkChief49
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Len Dawson = Lenny the Cool
Derrick Thomas = DT or DDT or Sack Man-Mom called him Bebe
Nick Lowery = Nick the kick
Tony Gonzalez= Gonzo
Andre Rison ="bad moon" or "spiderman"
Dante Hall = "the human joy stick" or "x-factor"

my final answer.

GodZirra
08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Len Dawson--Lenny the Cool
Derrick Thomas (RIP)---D.T.*
Nick Lowery---Nick the Kick
Tony Gonzalez---Gonzo
Andre Rison---Bad Moon; Spiderman
Dante Hall---X-Factor; Human Joystick

*what other nicknames did Thomas have? Like mentioned, his mom called him Bebe but I dont know of any other mainstream nicknames other than DT.

Connie Jo
08-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, Dante was aka the x-factor and other than Bebe, his mothers nickname for him I do not know any other nickname for Derrick Thomas

Len Dawson = Lenny the Cool
Derrick Thomas = DT or DDT or Sack Man-Mom called him Bebe
Nick Lowery = Nick the kick
Tony Gonzalez= Gonzo
Andre Rison ="bad moon" or "spiderman"
Dante Hall = "the human joy stick" or "x-factor"

my final answer.

Derrick Thomas (RIP)---D.T.*
Tony Gonzalez---Gonzo

*what other nicknames did Thomas have? Like mentioned, his mom called him Bebe but I dont know of any other mainstream nicknames other than DT.

All have been correctly answered with the exception of, the nickname for DT that many fans, journalists, and his peers often referred to him as. Clue: the nickname relates to what he was most known for during his NFL career. :)

chiefnut
08-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by GodZirrahttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=233392#post233392)
Derrick Thomas (RIP)---D.T., SACK MASTER
Tony Gonzalez---Gonzo

Connie Jo
08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by GodZirrahttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=233392#post233392)
Tony Gonzalez---Gonzo

You are correct! Score one point! DT was, and is still often called, the "Sack Master"!!

Connie Jo
08-23-2011, 12:20 PM
This concludes this round of Chiefs Crowd Triva with the 25th question being answered correctly. I need the overseeing moderator to please verify 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners.

As well, I'm not sure if it was pre-determined or not by mods & Coach, if prizes would be awarded at the completion of 1 round, or if highest score after more than one round. I'm good with whatever mods & Coach decide, just let us know, please, what to do from this point forward. :)

AkChief49
08-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Tony Gonzalez---Gonzo

he and alot of others ......

Bears sackmaster Richard Dent
NFL's top sackmaster Elvis Dumervil
Jason Taylor the sackmaster supreme
James Harrison: Has Steelers Sack Master Lost His Fire for the
Sack-master Cameron Wake
Jared Allen is Vikings' sack master

that was a tough one.was thinking along the lines of a specific nickname. Nice job Chiefnut!

Connie Jo
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM
he and alot of others ......

Bears sackmaster Richard Dent
NFL's top sackmaster Elvis Dumervil
Jason Taylor the sackmaster supreme
James Harrison: Has Steelers Sack Master Lost His Fire for the
Sack-master Cameron Wake
Jared Allen is Vikings' sack master

that was a tough one.was thinking along the lines of a specific nickname. Nice job Chiefnut!

Yeah, no doubt others were called the 'Sackmaster' as well. Honestly, I thought DT's nickname of 'Sackmaster' would be among the easiest. I suppose I thought that because I have read many articles over the years which he was often referred to as the 'Sackmaster' by the authors. I still hear fans call him that when memories of DT come up in conversation.

I had a small NFL endorsed teddy bear once that had Derrick Thomas embrodiered on it's back, along with the #58 and 'Sackmaster'. I gave the teddy bear to my grandson when he was little, which I shouldn't have, he lost it. :(

Connie Jo
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Update: I've messaged the mods over-seeing the contest, as well, Coach...letting them know this round of trivia has concluded. Once they've reviewed the trivia thread & related details...winners will be announced.

tornadospotter
08-27-2011, 02:54 AM
I have Closed this Contest Thread for Now. So Scoring can be counted and be confirmed.