PDA

View Full Version : how bout that...

texaschief
10-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Huard threw the same amount of INTs as the O-line allowed sacks... I've said ever since the draft that this team wasn't far off...we just need a QB. While Huard does have more experience, i think Brodie could have done just as well as to throw into traffic and trust his recievers while throwing 2 picks...but with Brodie's better mobility, he may not have been such a statue in the backfield thus allowing himself to be sacked twice.

AND...in the 4th game, the line finally got LJ a hundred yard game on just 20 carries. 24 points against that SD defense isn't exactly horrible.

Guess the line doesn't need a rebuild after all.

luv
10-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Huard threw the same amount of INTs as the O-line allowed sacks... I've said ever since the draft that this team wasn't far off...we just need a QB. While Huard does have more experience, i think Brodie could have done just as well as to throw into traffic and trust his recievers while throwing 2 picks...but with Brodie's better mobility, he may not have been such a statue in the backfield thus allowing himself to be sacked twice.

AND...in the 4th game, the line finally got LJ a hundred yard game on just 20 carries. 24 points against that SD defense isn't exactly horrible.

There's always room for improvement.

We had a much better day, though.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 01:53 AM

Croyle needs experience, but I dont think you can bench Huard after a win like this. It would disrupt all the momentum. I still think Thigpen has a s*** load of potential too!

Chiefster
10-01-2007, 01:54 AM
The line played better today; like you say giving up a single sack and putting up 30 points against the SD defense isn't horrible. I still like Huard's decision making skills though.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Ya you cant lay it all on Huard!

luv
10-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Croyle needs experience, but I dont think you can bench Huard after a win like this. It would disrupt all the momentum. I still think Thigpen has a **** load of potential too!
I completely agree with this post, except I don't know that much about our #3.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 02:04 AM

You have partially redeemed yourself!

I know you were critical it was just the way you attacked some of the vets here.

They have their pride too you know!

Anyway pretty good call!

:sign0098:

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 02:04 AM

He has a strong accurate arm and he is mobile and tough. I know Minnesota did not want to let him go!

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 02:10 AM

Young quarterback prospect was claimed off waivers by Kansas City from Minnesota on September 2nd … Versatile athlete who is dangerous as either a passer or runner … Possesses a strong arm and can make every throw needed in the NFL … Is expected to serve as the club’s third quarterback while continuing to learn the position at the pro level … Was recruited by colleges as a quarterback despite not playing that position as a senior in high school after serving as a quarterback his sophomore and junior seasons … Was not invited to the scouting combine, but impressed the pro scouts with an on-campus workout … Became the first player from Coastal Carolina to be drafted into the NFL when Minnesota selected him in the seventh round (217th overall) in 2007 … Played in 41 games (39 starts) for the Chanticleers … Completed 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 interceptions for a 132.6 rating … Added 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) with 13 rushing scores.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Young quarterback prospect was claimed off waivers by Kansas City from Minnesota on September 2nd … Versatile athlete who is dangerous as either a passer or runner … Possesses a strong arm and can make every throw needed in the NFL … Is expected to serve as the club’s third quarterback while continuing to learn the position at the pro level … Was recruited by colleges as a quarterback despite not playing that position as a senior in high school after serving as a quarterback his sophomore and junior seasons … Was not invited to the scouting combine, but impressed the pro scouts with an on-campus workout … Became the first player from Coastal Carolina to be drafted into the NFL when Minnesota selected him in the seventh round (217th overall) in 2007 … Played in 41 games (39 starts) for the Chanticleers … Completed 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 interceptions for a 132.6 rating … Added 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) with 13 rushing scores.

Good post!

Maybe a link to where you got it!

I have read many good things about him!

If we let that guy from the Ivy Leauge go to get him, he must be pretty good!

:sign0098::yahoo::bananen_smilies046:

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 02:13 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tyler_thigpen/

texaschief
10-01-2007, 02:22 AM

I know you were critical it was just the way you attacked some of the vets here.

Anyway pretty good call!

lol...gee, thanks. :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-01-2007, 07:47 AM

Anyway pretty good call!

True partially redeemed, but I still think he should buy everyone a round!

:toast2: :lol: