PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren cut by Patriots

SAPHOJUNKIE
07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
He's only 30 and, when healthy, one of the absolute best defensive ends in the league for the 3-4. Coming off a hip injury that kept him out of the entire season, so maybe we could get him on the cheap for the rotation?

This and Franklin would seriously beef up our run defense.

Throw in Tulloch and this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

(PS - I love how I say "throw in Tulloch" as if he isn't the top linebacker in free agency - you know, just a whim. Like gum at the register)

Seek
07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
He's only 30 and, when healthy, one of the absolute best defensive ends in the league for the 3-4. Coming off a hip injury that kept him out of the entire season, so maybe we could get him on the cheap for the rotation?

This and Franklin would seriously beef up our run defense.

Throw in Tulloch and this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

(PS - I love how I say "throw in Tulloch" as if he isn't the top linebacker in free agency - you know, just a whim. Like gum at the register)

Why did they let him go? Was he too high in salary??

Jrudi
07-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't complain... especially since Shaun Smith just left us, we have an open rotation spot at DE.

That would suck thought if both TW and TJ were out due to hip injuries! haha j/k

I'm all for it!

kckidd8870
07-29-2011, 06:39 PM
The chiefs have trimmed to much fat from there salary.They have alot to spend and this would be a good time to do it.THere is a few names out there that you havent hurd much about and your not finding much on what ,the Chiefs are doing.They are going to bring in a few big names.you just watch and see.I know it's not pioli's style,but the have to spend the cap money.So just be patient and let the big names come in.There will be some on offense and D-fense.I think we get a big name OL also.Like a justin Blalock.I don't think he has been signed by anyone.He is a stud from Atlanta.THe Chargers and the Riaders arent going to punk us anymore.If my feeling comes true.I think that rookie feee agent David mims is going to make the team also.He is huge and looks to use his body well and move his feet well.His sills off blockers,in the run game.6'8" 335 pounds tackle.It will all come together guys.

ctchiefsfan
07-30-2011, 06:25 AM
With the young tallent we have and the cap money that we MUST spend, we are really only a couple of free agents away from being a real contender.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 10:00 AM
With the young tallent we have and the cap money that we MUST spend, we are really only a couple of free agents away from being a real contender.

That is what I think too but Clark needs to get it in his head the only way the Chiefs will make a Super Bowl is bringing in great free agents and not just relying on the draft. Its funny how we now have the nickname KC CHEAPS.

ctchiefsfan
07-30-2011, 03:14 PM
That is what I think too but Clark needs to get it in his head the only way the Chiefs will make a Super Bowl is bringing in great free agents and not just relying on the draft. Its funny how we now have the nickname KC CHEAPS.

I think the new minimum payroll requirements in the new CBA will force us to go after some FAs. Besides....I think Pioli wants a Suber Bowl every bit as much as we do.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I think the new minimum payroll requirements in the new CBA will force us to go after some FAs. Besides....I think Pioli wants a Suber Bowl every bit as much as we do.

Unfortunately I hear that doesn't take effect for two more years. Funny how we were one of the reasons they came up with the minimum payroll.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Why did they let him go? Was he too high in salary??

They are moving to a 4-3, hence the Haynesworth trade and cutting Tully Banta-Cain.

Like you'd expect, Belichick is staying one step ahead of the league. Everyone is going to be clamoring for 3-4 defensive linemen and linebackers, and he'll get true 4-3 DE and MLB on the cheap.

We SHOULD be doing the same. C'est la Chiefs.

DMN
08-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Interesting... He left the donks and the texans without signing..

Former Patriots DE Ty Warren Reportedly Visiting Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/8/1/2309414/patriots-ty-warren-chiefs-free-agency)

Jrudi
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM

I would have to disagree on that. I mean you know there is a number of ways to build a team, but let's look at a few teams that are consistently competitive throughout their history: The Packers, and The Steelers.

Both of these teams are built through the draft. They very rarely sign big name FA's, they develop their young players.

For example the star players on packers last year: Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Arron Rogers, Nick Collins, B.J. Raji, Jermicheal Finley, Chad Clifton, Brian Bulaga, and Donald Driver were all drafted by the packers

The only big name free agent on the SB team that was a big name.... Charles Woodson. and if anyone wants to argue that Ryan Grant was a big name....They claimed him off waivers from the NYG. Pretty sure he was an undrafted FA.(Plus he didn't even play in the SB, James starks did, and I believe he was signed as an Un-drafted FA.)

They built through the draft.

Take the Steelers:
Rothlesburger, Mendenhall, Palomaulu, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Larry Foote, Casey Hampton, Ziggy Hood, Brett Keisel, Bryant McFadden, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace, Markuice Pouncey, Aaron Smith, Ike Taylor, Lawrence Timmons, and Hines Ward (all drafted by the steelers)

They rarely bring in Big name FA's, these two teams, along with the Patriots run their organizations similar. (The only reason the Pats made those two big FA moves this year, is that I'm thinkin Belichick feels they are pretty close to making another SB run, with a talented young D, and a Dymic O.)

I think that Pioli is building this team in a similar fashion to these 3 examples. I don't think that we are 1 or 2 big names away from a super bowl. We are improving, and I would say that within the next few years, we will be a competitive playoff team, but I feel we still need to draft a few young talented core players, before that big name FA will push us over the top to the elite status.

Seek
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Interesting... He left the donks and the texans without signing..

Former Patriots DE Ty Warren Reportedly Visiting Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/8/1/2309414/patriots-ty-warren-chiefs-free-agency)

I have a feeling he is not healthy and neither team was interested in signing him. He did miss most of last season with a hip injury.

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Bryant McKinnie just got released by the Vikings...I wouldnt mind picking him up!!

#58ChiefsFan
08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Warren just signed with the donks