PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs have one of the best WR cores in the NFL

figcrostic
07-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Right now we have Bowe who's a All Pro WR, Baldwin who we just drafted but has tremendous potential, Breaston who is an amazing receiver, and mccluster, and Moeaki who's basically a big WR playin TE. This is an amazingly talented group of WR everyone of these guys are serious threats. I am stoked! Matt Cassel is probably grinning ear to ear right now, because if he played like he did last year with these guys he's gonna make the pro-bowl for the next several years. In my mind these are the best WR's we have ever had, and I would put these guys up against any other team.

:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

Coach
07-30-2011, 03:55 PM
I can honestly say that this is the first time since I've been a chiefs fan that the chiefs have decent WR's. Bowe, Rison. We have had 1 good WR before, but never 2. And I still think Moeaki could develop into the best TE in the game.

It's going to be fun to watch this passing attack.

#58ChiefsFan
07-30-2011, 04:47 PM
The only concern I have is keeping the td/int ratio down.

Last year Cassel had a 27-7 in 15 games started while back in 2008 @ NE in 15 games he was 21-11. Its a given that he has matured but I would say his expectations in 08 were the same as here in 2011.

I wouldn't say the 08 Pats had much better receivers than we do now. Basically they had Moss and Welker with Watson at TE and then Gaffney.

This year looks to be the most stacked Cassel has been in his career. Our coaching staff is going to have to be the x factor in keeping the turnovers at a minimum.

honda522
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Run the football. We have the best back in the league. Lets not forget how we used our running attack in the 03 season. We had a good passing game cause of the great running game.

Seek
07-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I am still skeptical. Bowe is to inconsistent but had some great gea against bad teams last year.

Mccluster wasn't much of a threat at all.

Baldwin is a question mark anyway you look at him.

Moeaki is good but currently on the pup list.

OTR Chiefs fan
07-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, there is a lot potential for our WR corp, but I'm also in a wait and see mode. I think Bowe and Breaston will have good seasons just because defenses won't be able to key on one reciever and they are veteran players. McCluster showed some promise at the beginning of last season, then kind of disappeared. Baldwin is a rookie so I don't expect a lot out of him this season. Moeaki needs to be healthy and be a factor to give us an inside threat. If he's healthy then that gives us a legit triple threat which is great. But, I also feel it will revolve around a solid running game, because Cassell isn't the type of Quarterback to air it out consistently and have a ton of success. :chiefs::chiefs:

figcrostic
07-30-2011, 10:01 PM
I am still skeptical. Bowe is to inconsistent but had some great gea against bad teams last year.

Give it up dude! Everyone thinks Bowe is a good WR other then you and a few other haters. Crap WR's don't have nearly 1200 yards and 15 TD's in a year.

Chiefster
07-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I think Bowe is a good receiver who has a history of being inconsistent. Overall, I think we're better with him.

chief31
07-31-2011, 02:19 AM

I am with Seek here.

I am not overly confident in each guy's ability to perform.

But I will say that I would not be looking to make any personell moves at WR, aside from at the depth angle.

Seek
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Give it up dude! Everyone thinks Bowe is a good WR other then you and a few other haters. Crap WR's don't have nearly 1200 yards and 15 TD's in a year.

Take I'd the rose color glasses. Hr still drops balls and a key one against Indy and we did play an easy schedule. He was silent against good defensess.

He improved a ton last year bit as I said he is still inconstant. Until he is automatic and clutch. He is only a good receiver and nothing to consider elite.

TopekaRoy
07-31-2011, 10:22 AM
It seemed like Bowe was always dropping the easy passes that were thrown right at him and catching the difficult, contested over-the-shoulder type passes, last year, but he has gotten better. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.

Part of the problem was that Dwayne was our only real threat in the passing game most of the time and defenses knew that. Adding Breaston and (eventually) Baldwin should open up the passing game, assuming we can still upgrade the Oline, and give Cassell more time to find his receivers.

And that's the big question; "With the addition of Breaston and Baldwin and the release of Chambers will the pass game be better or worse than it was last year?" I don't know how you can't say it will be better. Maybe not one of the best, maybe not elite, but definitely better. And the Chiefs were the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL, last year. They don't need a whole lot of improvement in the passing game to become a powerful scary offense. I think they are headed in the right direction and they will get there.

#58ChiefsFan
07-31-2011, 10:56 AM
We missed an opportunity with Burress, he only got 3 mil on a one year contract. Well worth the gamble, he may or may not have wanted to play here but that is a steal.

Seek
07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
We missed an opportunity with Burress, he only got 3 mil on a one year contract. Well worth the gamble, he may or may not have wanted to play here but that is a steal.

No way! Not even worth the time. He is old and two years our of the league.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 01:24 PM
We surely have a ton of weapons now. But they won't mean much without a solid O-line.

With Cassell, Charles, Bowe and all these other weapons there is not any team in the NFL that we can't CRUSH if Cassell gets time and Charles get holes.

Our ability to win games against playoff contenders this year will hinge on the performance of our offensive line.

Seek
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
I dint want to sound all negative. The wr core had ne the most excited in years. I just don't think I would ever say the best wr core in the NFL. At least not until they are more polished.

Ryfo18
07-31-2011, 01:55 PM
The WR corps is definitely better than last year. The best of the NFL? No way.....

figcrostic
07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
The WR corps is definitely better than last year. The best of the NFL? No way.....

I said "one of the best" sir not the best.

Ryfo18
07-31-2011, 09:16 PM
I said "one of the best" sir not the best.

Sorry I wasn't really referring specifically to your post, just giving my opinion of them.

Hayvern
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Take I'd the rose color glasses. Hr still drops balls and a key one against Indy and we did play an easy schedule. He was silent against good defensess.

He improved a ton last year bit as I said he is still inconstant. Until he is automatic and clutch. He is only a good receiver and nothing to consider elite.

Agreed, good, but certainly not worth the draft position he was picked up in. Now it seems we have some challenge in here for him so maybe he will finally start picking it up a little and be the receiver we all hope that he is, but if he doesn't, there is some new blood in town and Bowe will be riding the bench. Of that you can be assured.

Seek
07-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Agreed, good, but certainly not worth the draft position he was picked up in. Now it seems we have some challenge in here for him so maybe he will finally start picking it up a little and be the receiver we all hope that he is, but if he doesn't, there is some new blood in town and Bowe will be riding the bench. Of that you can be assured.

I think he is worth the pick! He just needs to be mote when it matters most.

70 chiefsfan70
08-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Yes indeed, I see Bowe maturing this year and the other good WR's will only make him better or he won't be seeing the ball as much. If he does not.........I see him getting traded at the end of the season.

I like Bowe alot and don't want to see that happen but we can't pay him to drop balls. Not if Balwin and Breaston live up to their hype.

Seek
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes indeed, I see Bowe maturing this year and the other good WR's will only make him better or he won't be seeing the ball as much. If he does not.........I see him getting traded at the end of the season.

I like Bowe alot and don't want to see that happen but we can't pay him to drop balls. Not if Balwin and Breaston live up to their hype.

Trade him???? Isn't his contract up. He will just go!

Seek
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Wow, I type really good from my Iphone... i'd =off Hr = HE. Inconstant = Inconsistent

chief31
08-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow, I type really good from my Iphone... i'd =off Hr = HE. Inconstant = Inconsistent

I was really close to asking you if you were on the sauce when you posting. :lol:

But serious. I was really close to asking that.

Seek
08-01-2011, 01:40 PM
I was really close to asking you if you were on the sauce when you posting. :lol:

But serious. I was really close to asking that.

I am not a great texter, yet alone typer, specially from one of the sensitive touch phones.

70 chiefsfan70
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Trade him???? Isn't his contract up. He will just go!

You are correct, his contract will run out after this season. my bad

Hopefully he will shine this year and and get another one though.

Hayvern
08-03-2011, 01:46 AM
This will be an interesting season for Bowe. He will have to put up some serious numbers if he wants the big payout this season.