PDA

View Full Version : Hold your horses...

Pages : [1] 2 3

DMN
07-30-2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/07/11.jpg

I am not sure if I am the only one who overlooked this but I heard a lot of talk about us reaching the league minimum and our activity in free agency... found this very interesting.

Per-team spending minimum doesn’t apply until 2013 | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/per-team-spending-minimum-doesnt-apply-until-2013/)

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Should have known, Clark can save money again for another two years. I have been reading all the posts about getting this great player and that great player but I wouldn't expect anything great. Clark has made the Chiefs like the Royals. What upsets me is we have a good team and by adding a couple more great players via free agency we would become even better. Building through the draft alone with a couple of cheap free agent signings much like the Royals won't get it done. We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year unless we get another good safety, DT and offensive line help and by this I don't mean getting some early to mid 30s players CHEAP. I applaud the moves NewEngland made. This is what makes them a great team year after year. I wonder if Pioli wishes he was still there?

#58ChiefsFan
07-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Should have known, Clark can save money again for another two years. I have been reading all the posts about getting this great player and that great player but I wouldn't expect anything great. Clark has made the Chiefs like the Royals. What upsets me is we have a good team and by adding a couple more great players via free agency we would become even better. Building through the draft alone with a couple of cheap free agent signings much like the Royals won't get it done. We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year unless we get another good safety, DT and offensive line help and by this I don't mean getting some early to mid 30s players CHEAP. I applaud the moves NewEngland made. This is what makes them a great team year after year. I wonder if Pioli wishes he was still there?

Pioli has not been given a spending limit other than the salary cap. They are spending money on their right type of players. In the second year of the Hunt/Pioli era we have an off the charts turn around and make the playoffs and you think they are the Royals?

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Pioli has not been given a spending limit other than the salary cap. They are spending money on their right type of players. In the second year of the Hunt/Pioli era we have an off the charts turn around and make the playoffs and you think they are the Royals?

"We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year"

Royals don't get an easy schedule like they do in football.

matthewschiefs
07-30-2011, 11:29 AM
"We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year"

Royals don't get an easy schedule like they do in football.

I don't buy this whole easy schedule thing for one reason. WE WON THE DIVISON. They for the most part played the same people we did. One of the games that we got for being a last place team before turned out to be a better team then the Chargers had for winning the divison. The Browns were better then the Bengals. We WON the AFC west in year 2. No one handed it to us.

LlamaNinja
07-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Well the reason I think people say we had an easy schedule is the hard games colts, texans, raiders, and ravens we lost. Trust me though I hate putting the raiders ad the Colts on that list but it happens we can hope this season with exposure to those harder teams that we have become a better team. The good news is we will know shortly.

Canada
07-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Who cares if they don't spend a lot of $$. Washington spends a ton of $$ and where does it get them. Quality players do not have to be expensive players. How many times did New England lose a player only to be replaced by a guy no one heard of only to become a quality addition to the team. Pioli has taken us from 4-12 to 10-6 (AFC West Champs) in a short time. Free agency started at 6pm last night and already people are complaining? Give it some time.

Connie Jo
07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Who cares if they don't spend a lot of $$. Washington spends a ton of $$ and where does it get them. Quality players do not have to be expensive players. How many times did New England lose a player only to be replaced by a guy no one heard of only to become a quality addition to the team. Pioli has taken us from 4-12 to 10-6 (AFC West Champs) in a short time. Free agency started at 6pm last night and already people are complaining? Give it some time.

Adding to Daves comment: Pioli and his staff know things we the fans do not, including recognizing talent in players suited for the team he and Haley are building. Pioli and Haley have surpassed most fans expectations with positive and winning change. In Pioli and Haley I trust, in our Chiefs staff & players I trust.

I read many fans make similar negative & critical comments prior to the 2010 Draft, during it, & after. Many upset fans 'thinking' they knew who should or shouldn't be drafted as a Chiefs player. Thing is, again, we don't have all the inside information or knowledge our GM, coaches & Chiefs staff do. As fans, we merely speculate, much of which is based upon a previous players stats. Well, realistically stats don't tell the entire story, it's a GM, coaches, & their staffs job to read between the lines analyzing the entire story, the bigger picture.

After all the doubt & negative speculation many fans had over who we drafted in 2010...Pioli & crews choices helped us positively in so many ways, we won the AFC WEST, and not because of any easy schedule. In my humble opinion, I pay no attention to schedules, nor do I feel they matter much at all. Every team in the NFL makes changes during the off season, faces changes during pre-season & regular season, such as serious team changing injuries. No team remains the same as it was the season before of which a realistic comparison can be made.

Every season is a new team, a new beginning, and in any given season, on any given gameday, anything can happen positively or negatively.

In Pioli and Haley I trust...in my Chiefs team I trust. We're the AFC WEST Champs, of which I predicted we would be before the regular season began last year. I see the all the good in our Chiefs team hiding behind the growing pains of a young talented & skilled Chiefs team. So often the good is missed when one can only focus on what they believe to be negative aspects.

I trust in Clark, Pioli, Haley, their staff, and our players...and will until they give me reason not to, which they haven't even come close to doing, quite the opposite in fact.

GO CHIEFS!!!! CHIEFS WILL!!!! YEEBOWEHAW!!!!

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Adding to Daves comment: Pioli and his staff know things we the fans do not, including recognizing talent in players suited for the team he and Haley are building. Pioli and Haley have surpassed most fans expectations with positive and winning change. In Pioli and Haley I trust, in our Chiefs staff & players I trust.

I read many fans make similar negative & critical comments prior to the 2010 Draft, during it, & after. Many upset fans 'thinking' they knew who should or shouldn't be drafted as a Chiefs player. Thing is, again, we don't have all the inside information or knowledge our GM, coaches & Chiefs staff do. As fans, we merely speculate, much of which is based upon a previous players stats. Well, realistically stats don't tell the entire story, it's a GM, coaches, & their staffs job to read between the lines analyzing the entire story, the bigger picture.

After all the doubt & negative speculation many fans had over who we drafted in 2010...Pioli & crews choices helped us positively in so many ways, we won the AFC WEST, and not because of any easy schedule. In my humble opinion, I pay no attention to schedules, nor do I feel they matter much at all. Every team in the NFL makes changes during the off season, faces changes during pre-season & regular season, such as serious team changing injuries. No team remains the same as it was the season before of which a realistic comparison can be made.

Every season is a new team, a new beginning, and in any given season, on any given gameday, anything can happen positively or negatively.

In Pioli and Haley I trust...in my Chiefs team I trust. We're the AFC WEST Champs, of which I predicted we would be before the regular season began last year. I see the all the good in our Chiefs team hiding behind the growing pains of a young talented & skilled Chiefs team. So often the good is missed when one can only focus on what they believe to be negative aspects.

I trust in Clark, Pioli, Haley, their staff, and our players...and will until they give me reason not to, which they haven't even come close to doing, quite the opposite in fact.

GO CHIEFS!!!! CHIEFS WILL!!!! YEEBOWEHAW!!!!

We lost the tough game last year which wasn't that many and won most of the easy ones due to our shcedule. This year at Indy, at New England, at NY Jets, at Chicago....Pittsburgh, Green Bay here right there is 6 losses if you we can't beat good teams not to mention probably a loss or two against San Diego and maybe a loss against Oakland who embarrased us the last game.

Was Pioli the reason New Englad was so great? Belichick I think is the main reason. I look at the Tyson Jackson pick who most of us went WTH? The Dexter McCluster pick which I still don't understand using a 2nd round pick on a kick returner. Baldwin looks to be a good pick but if we were going to sign Breaston why not use that pick on an offensive lineman or DT? Especially since we got rid of Waters. I don't believe our offensive line was all that great..Charles just makes them look good by being an extra step or two ahead of where most running backs would be and exploding past defenders. Thomas Jones couldn't find much room at all. I also think we lost one heck of an offensive coordinator who really turned this offense around last year and now Haley is going to mess around with it like he did at the end of last year and we saw the results of that. I am sorry but unless we make a big splash in free agency I see the Chiefs struggling to get to a .500 record this year. I hope I am wrong and we get Frankin and Blalock and another solid safety.

Canada
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
We lost the tough game last year which wasn't that many and won most of the easy ones due to our shcedule. This year at Indy, at New England, at NY Jets, at Chicago....Pittsburgh, Green Bay here right there is 6 losses if you we can't beat good teams not to mention probably a loss or two against San Diego and maybe a loss against Oakland who embarrased us the last game.

Was Pioli the reason New Englad was so great? Belichick I think is the main reason. I look at the Tyson Jackson pick who most of us went WTH? The Dexter McCluster pick which I still don't understand using a 2nd round pick on a kick returner. Baldwin looks to be a good pick but if we were going to sign Breaston why not use that pick on an offensive lineman or DT? Especially since we got rid of Waters. I don't believe our offensive line was all that great..Charles just makes them look good by being an extra step or two ahead of where most running backs would be and exploding past defenders. Thomas Jones couldn't find much room at all. I also think we lost one heck of an offensive coordinator who really turned this offense around last year and now Haley is going to mess around with it like he did at the end of last year and we saw the results of that. I am sorry but unless we make a big splash in free agency I see the Chiefs struggling to get to a .500 record this year. I hope I am wrong and we get Frankin and Blalock and another solid safety.

See the problem is that you seem to think we should go from 4-12 to SuperBowl. That is ridiculous, sure we had an easier schedule last season and we lost to better teams, BUT we won 10 games (equal to the total from the past 3 seasons) and we won the AFC West. The rest of the division faced a similar schedule to us and WE won the division. Sure, JC makes his O line look better, what good RB doesn't make the line look better? TJones didnt get a lot of yards because it was clear that he was going straight up the middle every time he got the ball yet he still managed close to 900yards as a #2 RB. These guys are getting better and will be around for a long time to come.

We lost Charlie Weiss at an sh!tty time at the end of last season, I think that greatly affected play calling going into the playoffs. Charlie Weiss is NOT irreplacable. With new WRs for Cassel to throw to, our offence will open up. Big and fast is what we will be. Everyone has a difference of opinion when it comes to drafting, but you can't argue with results. Pioli played a pretty big role in New England as far as player personnel went. Sure Bellicheck is a great coach, but Pioli has proven that he can play a major role in building a winner. He finds quality players and does not have to break the bank doing it. Albert Haynesworth went for $100 million, should we have grabbed him?

Free Agency isn't even 24 hours old yet and already you are saying the sky is falling. We still have a ton of roster spots to fill, and the money to do so with good players all over the field. Dont forget we need depth at a lot of positions. I would rather have a bunch of good players than 1 great player and no $$ to pay the rest of them. Have a little patience and give these guys the time necessary to build a long term winner. Rome want built in a day. :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 02:32 PM
See the problem is that you seem to think we should go from 4-12 to SuperBowl. That is ridiculous, sure we had an easier schedule last season and we lost to better teams, BUT we won 10 games (equal to the total from the past 3 seasons) and we won the AFC West. The rest of the division faced a similar schedule to us and WE won the division. Sure, JC makes his O line look better, what good RB doesn't make the line look better? TJones didnt get a lot of yards because it was clear that he was going straight up the middle every time he got the ball yet he still managed close to 900yards as a #2 RB. These guys are getting better and will be around for a long time to come.

We lost Charlie Weiss at an sh!tty time at the end of last season, I think that greatly affected play calling going into the playoffs. Charlie Weiss is NOT irreplacable. With new WRs for Cassel to throw to, our offence will open up. Big and fast is what we will be. Everyone has a difference of opinion when it comes to drafting, but you can't argue with results. Pioli played a pretty big role in New England as far as player personnel went. Sure Bellicheck is a great coach, but Pioli has proven that he can play a major role in building a winner. He finds quality players and does not have to break the bank doing it. Albert Haynesworth went for $100 million, should we have grabbed him?

Free Agency isn't even 24 hours old yet and already you are saying the sky is falling. We still have a ton of roster spots to fill, and the money to do so with good players all over the field. Dont forget we need depth at a lot of positions. I would rather have a bunch of good players than 1 great player and no $$ to pay the rest of them. Have a little patience and give these guys the time necessary to build a long term winner. Rome want built in a day. :bananen_smilies046:

I just don't hold out any hope for us getting great players in free agency. That is all I am saying. Clark won't allow it. No we don't go from 4-12 to super bowl in two years but you keep building to get there and draft alone won't get it done THAT IS what I am saying. New England got Haynesworth so yes he must still be good and only for a 5th round pick. We need depth at a lot of positions? EXACTLY because we don't really use free agency but to sign some cheap players here and there. We rely on draft alone and we will constantly have holes to fill for years. That is what got us in this mess to begin with. We have used the rebuilding excuse for how many years now? Herm's 2nd year here is when it started. It is basically all an excuse for Clark to save money and now we are called the KC Cheaps.

matthewschiefs
07-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I just don't hold out any hope for us getting great players in free agency. That is all I am saying. Clark won't allow it. No we don't go from 4-12 to super bowl in two years but you keep building to get there and draft alone won't get it done THAT IS what I am saying. New England got Haynesworth so yes he must still be good and only for a 5th round pick. We need depth at a lot of positions? EXACTLY because we don't really use free agency but to sign some cheap players here and there. We rely on draft alone and we will constantly have holes to fill for years. That is what got us in this mess to begin with. We have used the rebuilding excuse for how many years now? Herm's 2nd year here is when it started. It is basically all an excuse for Clark to save money and now we are called the KC Cheaps.

Getting great free agents isn't a proven way to build a winner that can compete year in and year out. Yes the pats sign some big names now but look at there superbowl champs they won super bowls with guys they made into names. Tom Brady was not on anyones radar comeing out of college. Wes welker was not as well known as he is now. Troy Brown was a big part of there super bowl teams. This team doesn't want to build a team that can compete for a title in 2011-2012 they want to become like the pats contenders every year.

And Steve Breston is a pretty good WR that we went out and got. Last year we went out and got Thomas Jones. It's not like we haven't went after anyone in the free agent market. Free agency is not even a day old yet. I am sure we will be getting more guys. As Pioli says "It's not about the best 53 its' the RIGHT 53"

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Well we have been BUILDING for quite awhile now....four or five years? I think it has just become an excuse for Clark to save money. Reason we have so many holes to fill is because we rely on draft alone and just sign free agents to get us by or CHEAP players. When they come up with a minimum amount for teams like us and call us KC CHEAPS that should say it all.

Canada
07-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Well we have been BUILDING for quite awhile now....four or five years? I think it has just become an excuse for Clark to save money. Reason we have so many holes to fill is because we rely on draft alone and just sign free agents to get us by or CHEAP players. When they come up with a minimum amount for teams like us and call us KC CHEAPS that should say it all.

First let me say, you are the ONLY person I have ever heard say KC Cheaps.

Second, there is a right time to sign free agents and there is a wrong time. You can't blame Pioli/Haley for anything that happened in the Herm/CP era. This is new management and so far all they have done is improve the team. You want to sign big names all the time, we would have had haynesworth last season and he sucked balls. You have to build a core to a team, take care of your players long term and when the time is right, sign the "big name talent" ...and we will be able to do that...do you know why? Because we have not thrown $$ around at every player that commands $100 million. If we did that we would be the Redskins or the Cowboys. But again...feel free to complain about the lack of free agency moves n a free agency period that has only been open for 22 hours. Seems like a very informed criticism you are making.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 04:25 PM
First let me say, you are the ONLY person I have ever heard say KC Cheaps.

Second, there is a right time to sign free agents and there is a wrong time. You can't blame Pioli/Haley for anything that happened in the Herm/CP era. This is new management and so far all they have done is improve the team. You want to sign big names all the time, we would have had haynesworth last season and he sucked balls. You have to build a core to a team, take care of your players long term and when the time is right, sign the "big name talent" ...and we will be able to do that...do you know why? Because we have not thrown $$ around at every player that commands $100 million. If we did that we would be the Redskins or the Cowboys. But again...feel free to complain about the lack of free agency moves n a free agency period that has only been open for 22 hours. Seems like a very informed criticism you are making.

Drew Brees Uses 2009 Chiefs As Example Of Low-Spending Teams - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7/25/2292225/nfl-lockout-over-news)

When is the right time to sign free agents? 10 years from now? the right time is when you have a good nucleus which we have and you fill in with good free agents. These holes you talk about will always be there just relying on the draft alone and signing cheap free agents. You keep using Haynesworth as an example. I can give you more examples of expensive free agents that helped their team. New england is known for constantly bringing in good players and lets see how ocho cinco and Haynesworth do now on a well coached team.

DMN
07-30-2011, 04:25 PM
With the success we had last season I didn't want people to think my post was out of frustration that we weren't more active in FA... I am drinking the Pioli Koolaid. I just wanted to shed some light as to the fact that we aren't required to spend the money this year.

Washington buys everybody and are terrible...
When it comes down to brass tacks I know our front office will spend the money when they think the guy is worth it.

matthewschiefs
07-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Drew Brees Uses 2009 Chiefs As Example Of Low-Spending Teams - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7/25/2292225/nfl-lockout-over-news)

When is the right time to sign free agents? 10 years from now? the right time is when you have a good nucleus which we have and you fill in with good free agents. These holes you talk about will always be there just relying on the draft alone and signing cheap free agents. You keep using Haynesworth as an example. I can give you more examples of expensive free agents that helped their team. New england is known for constantly bringing in good players and lets see how ocho cinco and Haynesworth do now on a well coached team.

Drew Brees used the worst possible year to use when he made that statement. In 09 we were undergoing a 100% redo of our front office and coaching staff. We were not going to be a competive team no matter who we spent money on. Last year WE DID sign a couple of key free agents. This year so far we have brought in a couple of free agents in Braston and Gregg. WE ARE NOT ONLY useing the draft. They may not be huge names but we tried that for a number of years. We went out and traded for Joe Montana we brought in Andre Rison who at the time was one of the more hyped WRs in the NFL. We tried that game and it didn't get us anywhere.

You refer to the Pats being well known for bringing in some of the best players. They haven't won a super bowl since they started doing that. When they won there super bowls they were key about who they got but mostly used there own players who they drafted. (tom Brady richard seymore troy brown ty law(anther name we have brought in) guys like that were the keys to there super bowl wins. And when Brady went down in 08 boom they had cassel right there to replace him. They are in a diffrent spot then this team is right now. We can one day get to that spot but at this point we can't go around acting like we are the pats. We have to catch up with them first. And this team is A LOT closer to them then we were two years ago.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Drew Brees used the worst possible year to use when he made that statement. In 09 we were undergoing a 100% redo of our front office and coaching staff. We were not going to be a competive team no matter who we spent money on. Last year WE DID sign a couple of key free agents. This year so far we have brought in a couple of free agents in Braston and Gregg. WE ARE NOT ONLY useing the draft. They may not be huge names but we tried that for a number of years. We went out and traded for Joe Montana we brought in Andre Rison who at the time was one of the more hyped WRs in the NFL. We tried that game and it didn't get us anywhere.

You refer to the Pats being well known for bringing in some of the best players. They haven't won a super bowl since they started doing that. When they won there super bowls they were key about who they got but mostly used there own players who they drafted. (tom Brady richard seymore troy brown ty law(anther name we have brought in) guys like that were the keys to there super bowl wins. And when Brady went down in 08 boom they had cassel right there to replace him. They are in a diffrent spot then this team is right now. We can one day get to that spot but at this point we can't go around acting like we are the pats. We have to catch up with them first. And this team is A LOT closer to them then we were two years ago.

2010 wasn't much better and we are way under that now. I know we have Hali to sign but still will be one of the cheapest teams in the NFL. Last year we signed a couple of key free agents??? It has been years since we have gone after anyone good and if you have to go clear back to Joe Montana (who we traded for) and Rison then we haven't done too bad. At least Carl and Clark's dad tried to bring us a championship and not sit around while other teams pound on us. The rebuilding excuse is OLD now. If people can't see that Clark is more worried about saving money then building a championship team again then they are very guilible. I hope I am wrong and we still sign some good free agents this year. We have the nucleus built. New England I hate to say is still far better than us and they keep bringing in talent to stay that way.

matthewschiefs
07-30-2011, 08:03 PM
2010 wasn't much better and we are way under that now. I know we have Hali to sign but still will be one of the cheapest teams in the NFL. Last year we signed a couple of key free agents??? It has been years since we have gone after anyone good and if you have to go clear back to Joe Montana (who we traded for) and Rison then we haven't done too bad. At least Carl and Clark's dad tried to bring us a championship and not sit around while other teams pound on us. The rebuilding excuse is OLD now. If people can't see that Clark is more worried about saving money then building a championship team again then they are very guilible. I hope I am wrong and we still sign some good free agents this year. We have the nucleus built. New England I hate to say is still far better than us and they keep bringing in talent to stay that way.

Last year we brought back Chris Chambers who had a good run in 09
We signed free agents Thomas Jones, Ryan Lilja, Casey Wigemen all 3 were a reason the Chiefs won the AFC west.
We also Locked in Jamal Charles for I think it was a 5 year deal.
This year in the first day we signed Steve Breaston and kelly Gregg. We ARE bringing in free agents. We are just picking ones that are right for this team. Give a little time for some bigger names we are not even in day 2 yet.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Last year we brought back Chris Chambers who had a good run in 09
We signed free agents Thomas Jones, Ryan Lilja, Casey Wigemen all 3 were a reason the Chiefs won the AFC west.
We also Locked in Jamal Charles for I think it was a 5 year deal.
This year in the first day we signed Steve Breaston and kelly Gregg. We ARE bringing in free agents. We are just picking ones that are right for this team. Give a little time for some bigger names we are not even in day 2 yet.

Thomas Jones is our backup running back, Wigeman is almost 40, Charles is our own player and was already on the team. I will give you Lilja but don't view him as a superstar player but he is above average. Gregg is 34 and only a one year contract again old and cheap. Breaston could be good depending on if his knee holds up...he couldn't stay on the field because of it but then we let Waters walk so we gain a good player and lose a good player. Not sure why we didn't at least try to get a draft pick for Waters everyone is scratching their heads over that one. Well at least the experts, not the Chief fan who claims he knew it all along it would happen. LOL!!! Anyhow Clark didn't spend any more money by doing that.

#58ChiefsFan
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
You may be better off jumping on the Eagles bandwagon, they seem to be on the same page as you.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
You may be better off jumping on the Eagles bandwagon, they seem to be on the same page as you.

LOL. True!

#58ChiefsFan
07-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Seems like theyre stacking some draft picks up too. It will be interesting to see how that all turns out for them.

chiefsrule
07-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Seems like theyre stacking some draft picks up too. It will be interesting to see how that all turns out for them.

I really like the moves the Eagles are making. I wish we would be that aggressive. They took a chance on Vick for basically nothing and man did that ever pan out!!! Then they were able to Trade Kolb away for a good deal. We really need a DT and I wish we could have taken a chance on Haynesworth for a 5th round pick. New England really isnt on the hook for that much money either. Some players just play bad on teams with horrible coaches I mean look at Randy Moss...great everywhere he has played until he went to Oakland. Some organizations just bring out the worst in players. Of course now I think Moss has just lost it and really has no desire to be a good player anymore. He has seen his better days. Anyhow I would just like to see the Chiefs gamble a little bit and make some moves. Right now we don't have anything close to a Super Bowl team but I think if we picked up the likes of a Franklin and Blalock and a good safety that would make us contenders. We have the cap room to do it and these players aren't old.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Since the title of this thread is "Hold your horses".....

Certainly Clark Hunt is careful with a buck, he is the COB of a small market team and he has to be. It should also be pointed out that some of the benefits coming to small market teams in the CBA will NOT come to the Chiefs for a while because of their new stadium. Hunt wants to keep the Chiefs in KC but he must look after the dollars and cents in order to do so. Many owners would have been looking for a new home for their team by now.

And their is no doubt in my mind that Hunt wants to build a Super Bowl contender in KC. I didn't say he wants to build a winning team. I said he wants to build a Super Bowl contender. We've had plenty of winning teams over the years. I even remember when we had the longest consecutive streak of playoff appearances. But I don't remember any Super Bowl appearances from those years.

And since we are talking about the Chiefs management, lets mention Pioli and Haley. Neither one of these guys strikes me as "paycheck collectors". I think Pioli is truly driven by the desire to prove that it was really him that made the Splatriots great. His way to do that is by making the Chiefs great. I also think Haley feels he has something to prove.

I think we have a GREAT management team running the Chiefs and I think they are trying to build a team that will have the word "Dynasty" attached to it rather than looking for a quick 2 or 3 year run that may or may not lead to a Super Bowl.

As much as I want a Super Bowl right this damned second I think that as long as we continue to field strong teams we owe the current management team at least until their first draft selections start to become "long in the tooth" to prove that they have what it takes.

As a 40+ year fan of the Chiefs I am sick to death of being "teased" with "well...at least we make the playoffs almost every year" and "win it now schemes".

Under current management we have gone from bottom feeder to to AFC West Champions. Sure it was an easy schedule. But we had easy schedules under Carl and Herm and where did that get us?

Lets give current management (including Clark Hunt) a fair shot.

I think they have earned it!

:chiefs:

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Since the title of this thread is "Hold your horses".....

Certainly Clark Hunt is careful with a buck, he is the COB of a small market team and he has to be. It should also be pointed out that some of the benefits coming to small market teams in the CBA will NOT come to the Chiefs for a while because of their new stadium. Hunt wants to keep the Chiefs in KC but he must look after the dollars and cents in order to do so. Many owners would have been looking for a new home for their team by now.

And their is no doubt in my mind that Hunt wants to build a Super Bowl contender in KC. I didn't say he wants to build a winning team. I said he wants to build a Super Bowl contender. We've had plenty of winning teams over the years. I even remember when we had the longest consecutive streak of playoff appearances. But I don't remember any Super Bowl appearances from those years.

And since we are talking about the Chiefs management, lets mention Pioli and Haley. Neither one of these guys strikes me as "paycheck collectors". I think Pioli is truly driven by the desire to prove that it was really him that made the Splatriots great. His way to do that is by making the Chiefs great. I also think Haley feels he has something to prove.

I think we have a GREAT management team running the Chiefs and I think they are trying to build a team that will have the word "Dynasty" attached to it rather than looking for a quick 2 or 3 year run that may or may not lead to a Super Bowl.

As much as I want a Super Bowl right this damned second I think that as long as we continue to field strong teams we owe the current management team at least until their first draft selections start to become "long in the tooth" to prove that they have what it takes.

As a 40+ year fan of the Chiefs I am sick to death of being "teased" with "well...at least we make the playoffs almost every year" and "win it now schemes".

Under current management we have gone from bottom feeder to to AFC West Champions. Sure it was an easy schedule. But we had easy schedules under Carl and Herm and where did that get us?

Lets give current management (including Clark Hunt) a fair shot.

I think they have earned it!

Clark probably does want to win a Super Bowl but wishes he could do it without having to spend money on decent players and I don't see that happening. Our playoff team last year had to be one of the weakest playoff teams we have ever had. Sure we made it but we aren't going anywhere unless we add some talent in free agency. I do think because of the stadium and being a small market team as you mentioned Clark won't use money to get more superstar talent in here in free agency. What you see is what you get basically. I honestly believe we could make a run at the Super Bowl this year by adding at least two really good free agents for both the lines and maybe another safety. Just getting 34 to 38 year olds cheaper isn't going to cut it and those guys are good for a year and we have the same holes to fill next year. as I have stated we sign franklin and blalock and a decent safety we have a good shot at doing something. We go with the team we have now and the schedule we have this year I say we struggle to see .500 and we look towards next years draft AGAIN.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Clark probably does want to win a Super Bowl but wishes he could do it without having to spend money on decent players and I don't see that happening. Our playoff team last year had to be one of the weakest playoff teams we have ever had. Sure we made it but we aren't going anywhere unless we add some talent in free agency. I do think because of the stadium and being a small market team as you mentioned Clark won't use money to get more superstar talent in here in free agency. What you see is what you get basically. I honestly believe we could make a run at the Super Bowl this year by adding at least two really good free agents for both the lines and maybe another safety. Just getting 34 to 38 year olds cheaper isn't going to cut it and those guys are good for a year and we have the same holes to fill next year. as I have stated we sign franklin and blalock and a decent safety we have a good shot at doing something. We go with the team we have now and the schedule we have this year I say we struggle to see .500 and we look towards next years draft AGAIN.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Hunt/Pioli seems to me to be building an excellent team via the draft while picking up quality performer/mentors on short term contracts to help keep us competitive.

I'm OK with that, because when the "minimum payroll" kicks in their draft picks are going to be young, experienced veterans in the prime of their careers. And there are going to be a LOT of them. And we are going to have the money to KEEP them.

As much as I want a Super Bowl right this damned minute, I'd like a dynasty even better.

Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were a FUN run....REALLY FUN! But what I really want is for it to be fun for 10 or 15 years rather than 3 or 4.

And I think that is what current management seems to be trying to achieve.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 02:31 PM
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Hunt/Pioli seems to me to be building an excellent team via the draft while picking up quality performer/mentors on short term contracts to help keep us competitive.

I'm OK with that, because when the "minimum payroll" kicks in their draft picks are going to be young, experienced veterans in the prime of their careers. And there are going to be a LOT of them. And we are going to have the money to KEEP them.

As much as I want a Super Bowl right this damned minute, I'd like a dynasty even better.

Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were a FUN run....REALLY FUN! But what I really want is for it to be fun for 10 or 15 years rather than 3 or 4.

And I think that is what current management seems to be trying to achieve.

Well I don't disagree on signing older players until we are there but Blalock is 27 and could be here for awhile. Franklin is 30 might only be the 4-5 years, but what I am saying is sign good free agents in their mid to late 20s that is basically what we have now. The signings we are making now Gregg 34, Wiegman 38 and what you say you don't want and that is what we are doing. Old cheap players just to get us by.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Older, inexpensive players help our young talent develop into stars much more quickly and because they are only here for a short time...1-3 years...they leave us with money to keep the young stars they have helped develop. Look at what Vrabel did for us.

I'm generally not a patient man, but I think current management has a goal and a good plan to get there.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Older, inexpensive players help our young talent develop into stars much more quickly and because they are only here for a short time...1-3 years...they leave us with money to keep the young stars they have helped develop. Look at what Vrabel did for us.

I'm generally not a patient man, but I think current management has a goal and a good plan to get there.

Hali turns 28 this year, Cassel just turned 29, we can sign good younger free agents. The time we develop these younger players the window will close on most of them as they will be old by then. This is sounding like Carls 5 year plan. LMAO!

jap1
07-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Here is my two cents on the whole free agency spending discussion. Look at the teams that are always predicted to be in the superbowl hunt:

Pittsburgh
New England
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Chicago
New Orleans
Baltimore

Of all those teams, how often do you hear about them getting more than one or two big name big $$$ free agents (Saints in the Drew Brees/Sean Peyton era). Chicago is the only one who seems to chase names, but they are usually people still in their prime.

The rest of the teams seem to have three things in common: great coaching, great drafting, and recent superbowl appearances if not wins (Ravens being the exception). They occasionally sign a big name free agent (maybe one every year at most) to fill a gap that came up because of injury or someone just not cutting it anymore. With great coaching, you dont need superstars, but the players look like superstars. How many times have you seen someone who is supposedly a superstar on the Steelers D, or the Colts, or Baltimore go to another team with a huge contract only to look like a huge waste of money? I honestly think it is because of the coaching (or lack there-of).

I think we are on the verge of becoming one of those teams. Look at our team over the last 3 seasons. We havent changed our players that much, but look at the increase in production. DJ is an all star consistently now. Dorsey (a Herm/CP bust) looks like a stud. D. Bowe is much more consistent.

Also, Haynesworth would have been a horrible pick for us. He is consistently out of shape and cant play 4 downs. He is not strong enough to play a NT on running downs. His skills come in his ability to make plays, and thus he is better suited as a DT in a 4-3. NE runs a hybrid defense and Haynesworth is going to play a hybrid role. I doubt you see him playing NT on a running down. He will probably only be a NT in a 3-4 when it is a passing situation, and play 3-4 DE in running situations (very similar to Richard Seymour's role with the Pats 2-3 before he went to the Faiders).

Also, if you look at most of those teams, they RARELY seem to spend money on DL and OL free agents.

Thats my 2 cents ... GO CHIEFS!

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 03:49 PM

You said "Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were a FUN run....REALLY FUN! But what I really want is for it to be fun for 10 or 15 years rather than 3 or 4." But then say "Older, inexpensive players help our young talent develop into stars much more quickly and because they are only here for a short time" I am confused. It seems like no matter what move the Chiefs make you are satisfied with it and whatever moves other teams make doesn't make sense. That is what Clark wants out of the fans so he can continue to save money and keep drawing interest from fans and making them believe that SOMEDAY KC will make it to the Super Bowl again by having one of the cheapest rosters in the NFL

Canada
07-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I can't listen to someone who started complaining about our lack of free agency moves 12 hours after free agency started. You clearly will complain about something no matter what they do. We signed Breaston...not good enough for you...we signed Kelly Gregg...not good enough for you. Keep complaining, when we win the SuperBowl it wont be by enough

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I can't listen to someone who started complaining about our lack of free agency moves 12 hours after free agency started. You clearly will complain about something no matter what they do. We signed Breaston...not good enough for you...we signed Kelly Gregg...not good enough for you. Keep complaining, when we win the SuperBowl it wont be by enough

Gregg 34 year old for one year. REALLY? Breaston as long as his knee holds up will be good but then we release Waters. REALLY this improved our team? We will be nowhere close to a Super Bowl with these kind of moves and if you are happy waiting 10-20 years at this pace to see how things pan out then good luck for you. It has been since Herm's 2nd year when we started this "rebuilding" or should we say "MONEY SAVING" route.

Bike
07-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Perhaps you can enlighten us on how you would proceed in building this team. Ala the redskins way? Just put millions on the table and hope for the best?

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Perhaps you can enlighten us on how you would proceed in building this team. Ala the redskins way? Just put millions on the table and hope for the best?

Redskins have a bad organization to begin with bad example. I like how the Jets, Eagles, Patriots are doing it. Let's see what kind of record they have at the end of the year and lets see what kind of record we have at the end of the year and you will see I will rest my case. Jets were as bad as we were when we started this rebuilding now they are a team that is building towards a Super Bowl.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 05:25 PM
You know what gets me is Chiefs could sign some grocery store clerk that has never played football before and some of you would go "That Pioli must have found a gem in this guy" Some of you will not admit the obvious that Clark is about saving money and he has no thoughts of spending any to get us to the Super Bowl. Just draft players and sign one or two decent players (not great) and hope for the best. Much like the Royals.

Bike
07-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Redskins have a bad organization to begin with bad example. I like how the Jets, Eagles, Patriots are doing it. Let's see what kind of record they have at the end of the year and lets see what kind of record we have at the end of the year and you will see I will rest my case. Jets were as bad as we were when we started this rebuilding now they are a team that is building towards a Super Bowl.
I like how the Chiefs are doing it. We shall see.

DMN
07-31-2011, 05:30 PM
With all the different views on the matter..(and there should be.. this is indeed a forum) I see strong points from either side. But as I stated in an earlier post I am on board with this GM... I mean I truly have faith in his ability to bring the Chiefs to greatness. Let us not lose sight that the last 3 years of this franchise have gone 2-14 (Herms basement) to 4-12 first season with new HC/GM cleaning up the mess to 10-6 division champs.

Until this ship starts to steer the wrong direction I can't see how anyone can truly question Pioli and his methods. This young team has serious potential and I for one will set back and enjoy the show.

Bike
07-31-2011, 05:33 PM
You know what gets me is Chiefs could sign some grocery store clerk that has never played football before and some of you would go "That Pioli must have found a gem in this guy" Some of you will not admit the obvious that Clark is about saving money and he has no thoughts of spending any to get us to the Super Bowl. Just draft players and sign one or two decent players (not great) and hope for the best. Much like the Royals.
Sounds like division champs in 2nd year of regime change ain't quite good enough.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Sounds like division champs in 2nd year of regime change ain't quite good enough.

If we had last years schedule again maybe. I see about 8 to 10 losses with this years schedule UNLESS we do something major to get a great player not counting Hali who we should sign. San Diego will win the AFC west easily now that they don't have players holding out at the start of the year.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
When you are 4-12 it is kind of hard not to improve. LMAO!

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Heck I remember in 2007 when the Falcons were 4-12. Look at where they are now!

Bike
07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
If we had last years schedule again maybe. I see about 8 to 10 losses with this years schedule UNLESS we do something major to get a great player not counting Hali who we should sign. San Diego will win the AFC west easily now that they don't have players holding out at the start of the year.
I see 8-10 losses - for our opponents.

Bike
07-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Heck I remember in 2007 when the Falcons were 4-12. Look at where they are now!
Did they win the SB? Did they even get to the SB? I must have missed that.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Hmmm no only one team wins the super bowl. I guess if that is how you rate a team the Chiefs have sucked for A LONG time then.

Bike
07-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Hmmm no only one team wins the super bowl. I guess if that is how you rate a team the Chiefs have sucked for A LONG time then.
Ah, yes - in most sports - teams are recognized by winning championships. And, yes, the Chiefs have been mediocre for quite some time now. And, yes, Pioli will get us a ring in the next 3 years or less. No doubt in my mind.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Ah, yes - in most sports - teams are recognized by winning championships. And, yes, the Chiefs have been mediocre for quite some time now. And, yes, Pioli will get us a ring in the next 3 years or less. No doubt in my mind.

Ok I hope you are right, but I say no way with our lack of player movement and Clark's unwillingness to pay to get good talent in here. Like I said I predict we get worse from last years record....8-10 losses unless we make a big move to get a great player in here and again I hope I am wrong.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 06:42 PM
You said "Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were a FUN run....REALLY FUN! But what I really want is for it to be fun for 10 or 15 years rather than 3 or 4." But then say "Older, inexpensive players help our young talent develop into stars much more quickly and because they are only here for a short time" I am confused. It seems like no matter what move the Chiefs make you are satisfied with it and whatever moves other teams make doesn't make sense. That is what Clark wants out of the fans so he can continue to save money and keep drawing interest from fans and making them believe that SOMEDAY KC will make it to the Super Bowl again by having one of the cheapest rosters in the NFL

I guess I wasn't clear enough. The Montana/Allen years were fun. But in the end they didn't get us a Super Bowl. In 40+ years as a fan I have been through a lot of "good" Chiefs teams.

I'm TIRED of good Chiefs teams.

I want a GREAT Chiefs team.

And IMHO blowing a ton of cash on free agents isn't going to get us there. Might get us a "one time" Super Bowl appearance, but it won't make us a dynasty.

I'm comfortable giving current management another 6 or so years to show their plan will work (assuming we continue to show improvement).

As for your hatred (or should I call it class envy) of Clark Hunt....get over it. In two years he will have almost no choice about how much money he spends.

tornadospotter
07-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I do not understand just what makes a great player that we need to sign. First, I believe we have great players, secondly I believe coaching and the team work make great players, third if players are so great, why do teams let them go? So I not really a big fan of the FA frenzy, Sure I am glad when we sign a player that fills a need, yes I am glad if they become great players for the team. I am a fan of any Chief. But the ones that are Chiefs from the start, I am a bigger fan of!

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough. The Montana/Allen years were fun. But in the end they didn't get us a Super Bowl. In 40+ years as a fan I have been through a lot of "good" Chiefs teams.

I'm TIRED of good Chiefs teams.

I want a GREAT Chiefs team.

And IMHO blowing a ton of cash on free agents isn't going to get us there. Might get us a "one time" Super Bowl appearance, but it won't make us a dynasty.

I'm comfortable giving current management another 6 or so years to show their plan will work (assuming we continue to show improvement).

As for your hatred (or should I call it class envy) of Clark Hunt....get over it. In two years he will have almost no choice about how much money he spends.

We won't have a great team at this rate there will constantly be too many holes to fill because drafting alone won't get it done. I remember when we first started this rebuilding it was give it 2-3 years for the young players to develop well now it is 6 years or so. LOL! Like I said this is much like Carl's 5 year plan. And it isn't blowing a ton of cash on free agents if you get good young ones. I see where we blew a bunch of cash on our early draft picks. How is that T. Jackson pick turning out who signed at 5 year $57 million dollar contract with $31 million guaranteed. I would much rather spend it on a player who has shown they can play in the NFL then on one who hasn't even shown us he will be able to handle the NFL.

DMN
07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
When you are 4-12 it is kind of hard not to improve. LMAO!

you mean like when we were 4-12 in herms second year and then went 2-14... I guess it isn't impossible.......

So then give me your top five list of long term solution FA's this year that will get us to a dynasty and why they would be better than future draft picks and/or our current roster of young talent with lots of potential. Then take into account their realistic contracts while leaving room for a big Bowe and Flowers extension within the year.

Your pessimism is alarming given the current state and track of our franchise. Weigman, Lilja, and Jones last offseason and saw a 6 win improvement and yet this year we are doomed.

And i am so tired of hearing strength of schedule... We are not winning the Super Bowl this year.. not pessimism just realism... we aren't quite there. So this years tougher schedule just prepares our young guys even more about what it is gonna take.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I remember when we first started this rebuilding it was give it 2-3 years for the young players to develop well now it is 6 years or so.

Current management came in 2 years ago. We went from 2-14 to 10-6 and AFC West Champions. They have EARNED another 6 years or so.

Herm and Carl are GONE! GET OVER IT.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 07:44 PM
you mean like when we were 4-12 in herms second year and then went 2-14... I guess it isn't impossible.......

So then give me your top five list of long term solution FA's this year that will get us to a dynasty and why they would be better than future draft picks and/or our current roster of young talent with lots of potential. Then take into account their realistic contracts while leaving room for a big Bowe and Flowers extension within the year.

Your pessimism is alarming given the current state and track of our franchise. Weigman, Lilja, and Jones last offseason and saw a 6 win improvement and yet this year we are doomed.

And i am so tired of hearing strength of schedule... We are not winning the Super Bowl this year.. not pessimism just realism... we aren't quite there. So this years tougher schedule just prepares our young guys even more about what it is gonna take.

Blalock who was just signed and Franklin who was probably better than greg and younger. So next year we have DT to fill again. We are quite a ways under the cap last I checked unless we paid the mascot a few millions. Yes we saw improvement last year how could that not be possible how bad we were and the schedule we had. Did you look at this years schedule at all? You will see. Make sure you post on here at the end of the season after we don't have a winning record of course as usual there will just be excuses.

DMN
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Blalock who was just signed and Franklin who was probably better than greg and younger. So next year we have DT to fill again. We are quite a ways under the cap last I checked unless we paid the mascot a few millions. Yes we saw improvement last year how could that not be possible how bad we were and the schedule we had. Did you look at this years schedule at all? You will see. Make sure you post on here at the end of the season after we don't have a winning record of course as usual there will just be excuses.

I did indeed look at this years schedule and I will admit we are going to be tested. I understand the argument for Franklin I really do. But they may have something in powe. Bottom line I don't care what our regular season record is as long as we give ourselves a shot at a title... and last year going to the playoffs was a step in the right direction but we got stomped.

Where we will have to agree to disagree is where I believe we are a better team and more prepared because of it. And that the player personnel decisions being made by a guy who has three rings should be given the benefit of the doubt... [B]Especially since is has only proven progressive up to this point.[B]

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I did indeed look at this years schedule and I will admit we are going to be tested. I understand the argument for Franklin I really do. But they may have something in powe. Bottom line I don't care what our regular season record is as long as we give ourselves a shot at a title... and last year going to the playoffs was a step in the right direction but we got stomped.

Where we will have to agree to disagree is where I believe we are a better team and more prepared because of it. And that the player personnel decisions being made by a guy who has three rings should be given the benefit of the doubt... [b]Especially since is has only proven progressive up to this point.[b]

:sign0098:

GarH
07-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Does this site have an ignore function?

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 08:19 PM

I think they have a hide from the truth function somewhere. :)

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Listen by the time they even think about spending some money on good free agents Cassel will be past his prime and on the downside of his career and with the average expenctancy of a RB in the NFL Charles will probably be done too. Then we can start all over again and say well now we just need a QB (who will take several years to develop) and RB

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 08:39 PM
BTW I appreciate having good debates with adults and not having all the name calling you see on other sites. That is the way it should be.

matthewschiefs
07-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Go to your user CP and on the lefthand side theres a buddy/ignore list there.

I think you could look at a team like Pittsburgh year in and year out they are a solid team. You RARELY hear them spending a lot of money in the free agent market they pick and chose who they want to bring in but for the most part they drafted there key players. I would much rather have a team like them then a team that goes and spends money just to spend money. Teams can be good year in and year out building mostly through the draft. That's what we are doing. We are not going to bring in a guy just because he's a name. We are going to bring in guys that fit what we have here. If that means we have to pay a guy I am sure we will. But only if the fit is right. A cheap owner would not have given Cassel the contract that he got.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
:sign0098:

Canada
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Gregg 34 year old for one year. REALLY? Breaston as long as his knee holds up will be good but then we release Waters. REALLY this improved our team? We will be nowhere close to a Super Bowl with these kind of moves and if you are happy waiting 10-20 years at this pace to see how things pan out then good luck for you. It has been since Herm's 2nd year when we started this "rebuilding" or should we say "MONEY SAVING" route.

AGAIN...I would understand your point if free agency was over, but you started complaining not even 12 hours after it opened. There are around 29 unfilled roster spots right now and you are running around yapping about the how terrible Clark is. You blame a long rebuild on two guys who have not been here for 5 years, but somehow the actions of Herm and CP are the fault of Pioli/Haley. I get it, its been a long time since we've won, but blowing your wad on every big price tag is not how you win SuperBowls.

Canada
07-31-2011, 09:47 PM

Jets...drafted QB, added big name FA's after 3 years (1 year ahead of us)

Eagles...drafted McNabb...no big name FAs until Vick (and this season)

Patriots...drafted a 6th round QB...no big name FAs until this year.

Its almost like you draft people, build a team and then insert big name FAs when the time is right.

josh1971
07-31-2011, 10:02 PM
And now Gilberry is back... sweet.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
AGAIN...I would understand your point if free agency was over, but you started complaining not even 12 hours after it opened. There are around 29 unfilled roster spots right now and you are running around yapping about the how terrible Clark is. You blame a long rebuild on two guys who have not been here for 5 years, but somehow the actions of Herm and CP are the fault of Pioli/Haley. I get it, its been a long time since we've won, but blowing your wad on every big price tag is not how you win SuperBowls.

No I have been talking about how CHEAP Clark is for the past two years. And as far as free agency you do realize if we sign some one new they have to learn our playbook and get their timing and chemistry down with the rest of the team? And the season starts in about a month? This is like normal free agency where you have all spring and summer to do this.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 10:24 PM

Its almost like you draft people, build a team and then insert big name FAs when the time is right.

3 years after their rebuild they start adding good/great free agents and what year are we in? Using the coach for a scapegoat every 3 years and firing him so we can start all over again isn't a very good excuse either for Mr. Clark.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 10:34 PM
And now Gilberry is back... sweet.

I like Gilberry I hope he turns out to be a full time player for us someday.

Canada
07-31-2011, 10:37 PM
No I have been talking about how CHEAP Clark is for the past two years. And as far as free agency you do realize if we sign some one new they have to learn our playbook and get their timing and chemistry down with the rest of the team? And the season starts in about a month? This is like normal free agency where you have all spring and summer to do this.
I see, you do know that if we signed someone Friday, or Saturday, or sunday or Monday, they would still have to sit out until Aug 4 right?

Canada
07-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Blalock who was just signed and Franklin who was probably better than greg and younger. So next year we have DT to fill again. We are quite a ways under the cap last I checked unless we paid the mascot a few millions. Yes we saw improvement last year how could that not be possible how bad we were and the schedule we had. Did you look at this years schedule at all? You will see. Make sure you post on here at the end of the season after we don't have a winning record of course as usual there will just be excuses.Who did Franklin sign with?

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 10:44 PM

I know the Patriots signed R. Harrison in 2003 who was one of the best safeties in the game at that time. They traded a 2nd round pick to get C. Dillion in 2004 so they did not utilize the draft to acquire a very good RB that year.

Canada
07-31-2011, 10:47 PM
I know the Patriots signed R. Harrison in 2003 who was one of the best safeties in the game at that time. They traded a 2nd round pick to get C. Dillion in 2004 so they did not utilize the draft to acquire a very good RB that year.So 2 "big name FA's" OK then.

Chiefster
07-31-2011, 10:50 PM

Is this not the predicament every team in the NFL find themselves? We are not the only ones letting people go and signing new free agents; it's a little early yet to push the panic button. Just my two cents.

matthewschiefs
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
I know the Patriots signed R. Harrison in 2003 who was one of the best safeties in the game at that time. They traded a 2nd round pick to get C. Dillion in 2004 so they did not utilize the draft to acquire a very good RB that year.

Since the pats last super Bowl win Pittsburgh has won 2 super bowl championships they hardley EVER sign guys to big money in the free agent market. The packers won last year anther team the doesn't spend a ton on free agents. Signing big names is great for us fans to get pumped up about and all. But it's not a proven way to win super bowls. You might get one if your in the right spot to grab a big name. But this team has not been in that spot in a LONG time.

This is year 3 of the current rebuild as we started all over when we brought in Haley and Pioli. We already have one AFC West title under our belts. You can say it was just an easy schedule we won the divison by beating the NFC west what others in our divison couldn't do. This is NOT a team that is struggling. Did they struggle against the top teams last year yes. That's why they are the top teams. We didn't get blown out against the colts when we went up against them in fact we could have should have beat them. This team was able to compete against some of the top teams just not win. Something that has to be learned by young teams. Something this team is learning now.

DMN
07-31-2011, 11:18 PM
And sometimes an effort can be futile... Proof that we are trying.

OT Jammal Brown Says Chiefs Were Interested In Him - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7/31/2308253/jammal-brown-redskins-chiefs-free-agency)

Canada makes way too valid of a point that free agency has just begun and potential signees cannot even participate until Aug. 4.... Patience

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Since the pats last super Bowl win Pittsburgh has won 2 super bowl championships they hardley EVER sign guys to big money in the free agent market. The packers won last year anther team the doesn't spend a ton on free agents. Signing big names is great for us fans to get pumped up about and all. But it's not a proven way to win super bowls. You might get one if your in the right spot to grab a big name. But this team has not been in that spot in a LONG time.

This is year 3 of the current rebuild as we started all over when we brought in Haley and Pioli. We already have one AFC West title under our belts. You can say it was just an easy schedule we won the divison by beating the NFC west what others in our divison couldn't do. This is NOT a team that is struggling. Did they struggle against the top teams last year yes. That's why they are the top teams. We didn't get blown out against the colts when we went up against them in fact we could have should have beat them. This team was able to compete against some of the top teams just not win. Something that has to be learned by young teams. Something this team is learning now.

Good points. I still think we could be even closer to a contender though if we signed some good free agents but like most it is nice to dream about getting good players on this team in free agency. It obviously isn't going to happen in Kansas City anymore though.

chiefsrule
07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
And sometimes an effort can be futile... Proof that we are trying.

OT Jammal Brown Says Chiefs Were Interested In Him - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7/31/2308253/jammal-brown-redskins-chiefs-free-agency)

Canada makes way too valid of a point that free agency has just begun and potential signees cannot even participate until Aug. 4.... Patience

It doesn't matter anyhow most of the good free agents have been signed.

DMN
07-31-2011, 11:47 PM
It doesn't matter anyhow most of the good free agents have been signed.

Soooooooooo..... Where has Aubrayo Franklin signed?!?! One of the 2 players you named when asked to give 5 that you would like to see the chiefs sign... you need to take a deep breath and think your whole stance through. You are contradicting yourself and posting thoughtlessly.

Man if you are this dismal now... I couldn't imagine how unhappy you were during the herm era.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2011, 11:50 PM
He wasn't around for most of the Herm era. He slit his wrists early on then. This is his ghost posting!

chief31
08-01-2011, 02:11 AM
What I find to be the most supportive argument in Chiefsule's favor, that he has not been real clear about yet, is that The Chiefs do appear to be having a yard sale.

We seem to be losing more than we are adding.

Canada makes a great point, that it is extremely early.

But by allowing our NT position to leave, and replacing them with someone we hope can do as well is a backward step. And removal of the most reliable O-lineman we had can also be viewed as a questionable move.

And, as we all find the players we think could have a real impact on The Chiefs, and watch them go to other teams, there is a sense of urgency that comes with that.

Overall though, I would remain patient, (what does one gain from jumping too early) and seeing how things finish up.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Soooooooooo..... Where has Aubrayo Franklin signed?!?! One of the 2 players you named when asked to give 5 that you would like to see the chiefs sign... you need to take a deep breath and think your whole stance through. You are contradicting yourself and posting thoughtlessly.

Man if you are this dismal now... I couldn't imagine how unhappy you were during the herm era.

I read yesterday Fraklin is meeting with his own coaches in SF today with the possibility of returning there. Could have been he never wanted to leave but was trying to gain leverage to get them to pay him more. Regardless what would we do with Gregg if we signed him? I am sure we probably told Gregg he could start if he signed here.

Yes I do feel like we have lost more than we have gotten as far as talent. And I still feel with a couple of really good free agent signings we could contend for a super bowl. If you could do that why not do what it takes to get there now? I( think Blalock would have been a huge upgrade on the offensive line probably would have been better than Waters BUT as we can see we are never going to sign really good free agents anymore. I think it is just wishful thinking by all of us who go "I hope we sign this really good player or that really good player" Not going to happen with Clark in control.

As far as Herm the worst coach I have ever seen in my life. Just listening to his speeches made me sick the guy had no clue.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I remember Carl's method during free agency is we would never seem to sign any players right away and we seemed to get what was left over. We overpaid for mediocre players instead of getting great players. I think that was one reason free agent signings never worked that well for Carl. We did have a few good ones obviously Priest Holmes was HUGE!

Anyhow guys I want to see the Chiefs win NOW. Super Bowl contenders not pretenders. We have the opportunity to do it this year by adding a couple of really good players so why not take the chance now and do it? Too many things can happen when you drag your feet taking too long as well. Someone could suffer a serious injury or we lose players for whatever reason and we start all over again. I am tired of hearing this "rebuilding" excuse. It should not have taken this long. As I mentioned other teams like the Jets and Falcons have turned into great teams already and contenders.

DMN
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I read yesterday Fraklin is meeting with his own coaches in SF today with the possibility of returning there. Could have been he never wanted to leave but was trying to gain leverage to get them to pay him more. Regardless what would we do with Gregg if we signed him? I am sure we probably told Gregg he could start if he signed here.

Yes I do feel like we have lost more than we have gotten as far as talent. And I still feel with a couple of really good free agent signings we could contend for a super bowl. If you could do that why not do what it takes to get there now? I( think Blalock would have been a huge upgrade on the offensive line probably would have been better than Waters BUT as we can see we are never going to sign really good free agents anymore. I think it is just wishful thinking by all of us who go "I hope we sign this really good player or that really good player" Not going to happen with Clark in control.

As far as Herm the worst coach I have ever seen in my life. Just listening to his speeches made me sick the guy had no clue.

And these will continue to be the concerns of a smaller market team. I was thrilled when I saw that there was to be a salary minimum. I want to bring in the talent as well... But until we finish this year with a bad record and same struggles then I can't help but be a believer.

It seems to many that this years FA period has the chiefs in the negative... and maybe it does. I want a RT. I want a NT. But lets give the team one week from today. Negotiations are going to be at their most involved over the next 2 days with FA activation being on Thursday.

We offered Edwards and Smith... just not the money other teams did. and lets not forget that with those 2 on the team we were calling for a change. Waters walked but I have to believe Asomoah will perform well having an entire year under his belt behind him.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
And these will continue to be the concerns of a smaller market team. I was thrilled when I saw that there was to be a salary minimum. I want to bring in the talent as well... But until we finish this year with a bad record and same struggles then I can't help but be a believer.

It seems to many that this years FA period has the chiefs in the negative... and maybe it does. I want a RT. I want a NT. But lets give the team one week from today. Negotiations are going to be at their most involved over the next 2 days with FA activation being on Thursday.

We offered Edwards and Smith... just not the money other teams did. and lets not forget that with those 2 on the team we were calling for a change. Waters walked but I have to believe Asomoah will perform well having an entire year under his belt behind him.

Unfortunately that minimum doesnt take effect until two more years. I was glad to see that too and sounds like we were the reason they came up with that according to Brees. I believe Asomoah will perform well too but Lilja is my main concern. He is an above average pass blocker but below average run blocker. Blalock would have blown up opponents d-line. Well in my opinion anyhow. Atlanta really didn't want to lose him and they made sure they kept him.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I think most would agree that Waters even at 34 years old was much better than Lilja or Asomoah. We really took a step back on that o-line and I think it was a bit suspect last year.

Seek
08-01-2011, 02:21 PM
In my opinion the miniumum cap is going to cause problems in the future. You will see teams having to cut ways or not resign key players in efforts to remain within the Maximum cap.

This will probably hurt the Chiefs the most as many of the key players we will want to retain are drafted players with contracts ending about the same time.

We will have to make decisions like keeping Flowers over Carr. etc...

josh1971
08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
In my opinion the miniumum cap is going to cause problems in the future. You will see teams having to cut ways or not resign key players in efforts to remain within the Maximum cap.

This will probably hurt the Chiefs the most as many of the key players we will want to retain are drafted players with contracts ending about the same time.

We will have to make decisions like keeping Flowers over Carr. etc...

Keeping Flowers over Carr is a no-brainer.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I think most would agree that Waters even at 34 years old was much better than Lilja or Asomoah. We really took a step back on that o-line and I think it was a bit suspect last year.

You think wrong. Most would agree that Asamoah is the best lineman on the team already.

Waters was washed up last season.

Seek
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Keeping Flowers over Carr is a no-brainer.

I get that, but I want to keep both... Hypothetically Having a Minimum salary cap, could make it only feasible to retain one instead of fitting both in the cap.

Seek
08-01-2011, 03:38 PM
You think wrong. Most would agree that Asamoah is the best lineman on the team already.

and the season before.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
But until we finish this year with a bad record and same struggles then I can't help but be a believer.

THIS

A year ago we were having the same talk. Some were talking about how bad our offseason was. What happend we went from a 4-12 football team to 10-6 AFC West champions. How about we wait and see what the 2011-12 Chiefs look like on the football team before we start talking about how we are doing nothing? If this team ends up being 6-10 5-11 then i WILL be upset about it. But I will wait till that happens before i get upset that we are not going out spending a ton of money. Maybe just maybe Pioli knows what he's doing. I doubt he would have taken the job if he was not going to be able to do whatever it takes to build a winner in KC.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Wow I have to disagree with that until I see him play a whole year as a starter. Waters pass protection slipped no doubt but he was still one of the best run blockers reason why charles had so much success to that side.

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 07:50 PM

I think a lot of us felt that Waters was being keep around for coaching the youngsters.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I think a lot of us felt that Waters was being keep around for coaching the youngsters.

That must be what everyone thought when they voted him into the pro bowl too and why the Chiefs had more success running to the left side.

Canada
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Wow I have to disagree with that until I see him play a whole year as a starter. Waters pass protection slipped no doubt but he was still one of the best run blockers reason why charles had so much success to that side.

That must be what everyone thought when they voted him into the pro bowl too and why the Chiefs had more success running to the left side.
I believe you CLEARLY stated that our O line was a product of Jamaal Charles...now the O line was good? Pick a side and stick to it.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I believe you CLEARLY stated that our O line was a product of Jamaal Charles...now the O line was good? Pick a side and stick to it.

The left side is the side I will stick to the right side sucked. Overall it wasn't the greatest line looking at all of the lineman. Waters and Albert our only strength on that line. Well now just Albert. Nice try on the spin though.

Canada
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Canada makes a great point, Just wanted to remind you guys!! :D

Canada
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
The left side is the side I will stick to the right side sucked. Overall it wasn't the greatest line looking at all of the lineman. Waters and Albert our only strength on that line. Well now just Albert. Nice try on the spin though.Im fine with Asmaoah (sp?) taking up his place on the line. I think Lilja and Wiegmann will do fine as well. Assuming we dont get anyone else. I know you have already stated that we won't be doing anything in free agency, but Im still gonna wait and see. Hopefully richardson can step up his game a bit too.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM

I heard they were thinking of bringing in Drew Bledsoe because he used to play for the Patriots and would be cheap. Two requirements for player movement to KC.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I wonder how long I can keep this thread going? :)

Canada
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I heard they were thinking of bringing in Drew Bledsoe because he used to play for the Patriots and would be cheap. Two requirements for player movement to KC.If you want to sit here and make stupid statements, feel free to post them somewhere else. We get it, you arent the biggest fan of the management, but posts like this are just fu*kin' stupid.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I heard they were thinking of bringing in Drew Bledsoe because he used to play for the Patriots and would be cheap. Two requirements for player movement to KC.

Really?????

Do you even know the contract that we gave our current starting QB. now your just complaining to complain. :ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::whipping1:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Im fine with Asmaoah (sp?) taking up his place on the line. I think Lilja and Wiegmann will do fine as well. Assuming we dont get anyone else. I know you have already stated that we won't be doing anything in free agency, but Im still gonna wait and see. Hopefully richardson can step up his game a bit too.

Well Ty Warren is visiting. That would help with the pass rush and help Hali. I hope to see that happen. I think about as much of Tyson Jackson as I did Herm Edwards. Pioli missed big time on that pick!

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Really?????

Do you even know the contract that we gave our current starting QB. now your just complaining to complain. :ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::whipping1:

Well sure but he was from New England so we can spend a few bucks on him. That was the point I was trying to make. They are either from New England or cheap. Sorry I worded that wrong ...either or is what I meant.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
If you want to sit here and make stupid statements, feel free to post them somewhere else. We get it, you arent the biggest fan of the management, but posts like this are just fu*kin' stupid.

Oh here comes the cussing and swearing. So much for being adults on here.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
If you want to sit here and make stupid statements, feel free to post them somewhere else. We get it, you arent the biggest fan of the management, but posts like this are just fu*kin' stupid.

BtW I am just posting facts. We are cheap.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Well sure but he was from New England so we can spend a few bucks on him. That was the point I was trying to make. They are either from New England or cheap. Sorry I worded that wrong ...either or is what I meant.

Getting people from New England is not a horrible idea. They have won a ton of football games. It also makes since for Pioli because he knows what he's getting. Same reason we go after people from Arizona. Haley knows what he's getting from there. But the point is no owner who is "cheap" gives a QB with one year starting that contract. No owner that is cheap would give any qb that contract without the name being Brady brees or Manning. They are willing to spend money just on who they think is right for the team. And so far since Haley and Pioli got to KC we have seen nothing but improvement from this football team. Why not hold a little faith that's going to continue? I know that the schedule is going to be tougher this year but lets wait and see how this team competes with that tougher schedule before we say that we have had a bad offseason. People said the same thing last year and what happend. Give them a CHANCE. Or at least let the free agent market finish playing out.

Connie Jo
08-01-2011, 08:52 PM

WTF?? We drafted Berry in 2010...signing him to a $60 million dollar contract making him the highest paid safety in the NFL? How does doing so indicate Clark isn't willing to spend money necessary to obtain decent players?

As far as your comments related to Waters being released...if behind the scene rumors are accurate Brian Waters release was mutual. He made many negative comments during the lockout, of which some sources are saying didn't sit well with the Chiefs organization. If he doesn't want to be here, and has developed a negative attitude overall related to players vs. owners...that isn't going to be beneficial or good for our team in general, nor for Brian.

I'm grateful for the decade Brian dedicated to the Chiefs, both on & off the field, but realistically all considered...it was time for him to move on. :)

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
WTF?? We drafted Berry in 2010...signing him to a $60 million dollar contract making him the highest paid safety in the NFL? How does doing so indicate Clark isn't willing to spend money necessary to obtain decent players?

As far as your comments related to Waters being released...if behind the scene rumors are accurate Brian Waters release was mutual. He made many negative comments during the lockout, of which some sources are saying didn't sit well with the Chiefs organization. If he doesn't want to be here, and has developed a negative attitude overall related to players vs. owners...that isn't going to be beneficial or good for our team in general, nor for Brian.

I'm grateful for the decade Brian dedicated to the Chiefs, both on & off the field, but realistically all considered...it was time for him to move on. :)
WTF? Really? We had to pay that much to Berry because that is what the players around him were getting paid. That is Chiefs having high draft picks and overpaying for players that never played a down in the NFL. BUT when it comes to signing free agents we toss out a few pennies and see who will come our way. And because we may pay a couple of players some money compare what we pay the entire team to other teams. That was the point. WTF? LMAO.

Oh and how about paying $50 million to Tyson Jackson who can't even hold the starting job but then again we had to pay him that. That was the Chiefs plan was to overpay draft picks but not pay for players that have proven they can play in the NFL.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Maybe I heard about a different Brian Waters but he had a positive attitude and contributed to the team on community quite heavily. And this just in, he was still good.

ctchiefsfan
08-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Old saying....

If you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth to most people.

chiefsrule is playing the roll of troll http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/2.jpg purely for his own entertainment.

:troll31:

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Old saying....

If you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth to most people.

chiefsrule is playing the roll of troll http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/08/2.jpg purely for his own entertainment.

:troll31:

I am starting to think your right. At first I just thought he was a whiner but with his latest post i do think we have a troll.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I am starting to think your right. At first I just thought he was a whiner but with his latest post i do think we have a troll.

Ahh just because someone goes against the flow and doesn't jump on the bandwagon of mediocrity. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I wonder how you can also. :sign0087: I may take ownership of it. :smile

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:01 PM

LOL!!!

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Maybe I heard about a different Brian Waters but he had a positive attitude and contributed to the team on community quite heavily. And this just in, he was still good.
Yes he was still good, but his time is done. He will always be known for being a Great Chief! But I still stand by what alot of us thought, at the beginning of last season.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Ahh just because someone goes against the flow and doesn't jump on the bandwagon of mediocrity. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

LOL It's going to take more then a troll to hurt my feelings.

The reason I think your a troll is that you in many diffrent threads do nothing but talk about this cheap team. No pickup is good enough for you even before you see them on the field. So you either think you know more then Pioli and Haley. Or your just simply a troll who's just here to see how much of a reaction that you can get.

You attitude of if they don't sign who I want there cheap is not on that any REAL fan has. :ninerssuck:

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:08 PM

To late :sign0101::sign0101::bartsimpson:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
LOL It's going to take more then a troll to hurt my feelings.

The reason I think your a troll is that you in many diffrent threads do nothing but talk about this cheap team. No pickup is good enough for you even before you see them on the field. So you either think you know more then Pioli and Haley. Or your just simply a troll who's just here to see how much of a reaction that you can get.

You attitude of if they don't sign who I want there cheap is not on that any REAL fan has. :ninerssuck:
I guess that is your opinion and anyone who disagrees with your opinion or the majority is a troll, right? I have the facts we are one of the lowest paid teams in the NFL much like the Royals in baseball. What other info do you need?

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
To late :sign0101::sign0101::bartsimpson:

Poor matthew. :(

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I guess that is your opinion and anyone who disagrees with your opinion or the majority is a troll, right? I have the facts we are one of the lowest paid teams in the NFL much like the Royals in baseball. What other info do you need?

I need the info of what this team has done AFTER the Free agent market has player out. Not right at the start of it. And how about the fact KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2010 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS. Were were teams spent a ton of money like the skins and Cowboys last year oh that's right they were no where close to the playoffs. The FACT is just because you go out and spend money doesn't make you a winner. It's who gets the best TEAM together. Something the Chiefs did better then any other team in the AFC West last season.

DMN
08-01-2011, 10:20 PM

But you have to admit that we are on the up and up. Bottom line you are a fan... Just a fan like all the rest of us. Not a coach... A GM... A scout... A FAN. Get off your high horse and back the team that you love. No matter how much you think you know about football it doesn't change that fact.

The only thing about you that pisses me off is after all your complaining I gave you a chance to state your case by giving us some insight as to 5 players you would add to our roster..... you gave me 2... you just regurgitated what every other "football expert" was saying. Lame!

According to all your insight Aubrayo Franklin will single handedly win the 49ers the Super Bowl.... absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but if if spending the majority of the cap is more important than a 10-6 division winning young team with nothing but upside.....

Then by all means go be a redskins fan and let us know how that works out for ya.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
I need the info of what this team has done AFTER the Free agent market has player out. Not right at the start of it. And how about the fact KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2010 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS. Were were teams spent a ton of money like the skins and Cowboys last year oh that's right they were no where close to the playoffs. The FACT is just because you go out and spend money doesn't make you a winner. It's who gets the best TEAM together. Something the Chiefs did better then any other team in the AFC West last season.

It helps to have a cream puff schedule. Yes wait and see what happens this year. Of course the excuses will come out when we can't finish at .500 this year.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
But you have to admit that we are on the up and up. Bottom line you are a fan... Just a fan like all the rest of us. Not a coach... A GM... A scout... A FAN. Get off your high horse and back the team that you love. No matter how much you think you know about football it doesn't change that fact.

The only thing about you that pisses me off is after all your complaining I gave you a chance to state your case by giving us some insight as to 5 players you would add to our roster..... you gave me 2... you just regurgitated what every other "football expert" was saying. Lame!

According to all your insight Aubrayo Franklin will single handedly win the 49ers the Super Bowl.... absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but if if spending the majority of the cap is more important than a 10-6 division winning young team with nothing but upside.....

Then by all means go be a redskins fan and let us know how that works out for ya.

Well how many really good free agents do you think we can sign? You really think we can sign 5 of them?

We won division due to an easy schedule and San Diego having their players hold out in the beginning of the season. Just wait and see the results after this year I want to hear your excuses.

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
It helps to have a cream puff schedule. Yes wait and see what happens this year. Of course the excuses will come out when we can't finish at .500 this year.And when we do finish above .500, im sure you will find something else to whine and complain about!! ...if you are still trolling around here. :ninerssuck:

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
We won division due to an easy schedule ...

Chiefsrule is right. The Chiefs play the Bears this year. So the best that they can hope for is 15-1! :yahoo:

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
It helps to have a cream puff schedule. Yes wait and see what happens this year. Of course the excuses will come out when we can't finish at .500 this year.

Funny I could have swore that the rest of the divison played the NFC west to. The fact is we went 4-0 against the nfc west EVERY other team went 2-2 we beat the same teams more then what they did. That's why we won the AFC WEST. But i guess going from 2-14 to AFC champs in 2 years is just not good enough for some people. :ninerssuck:

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Funny I could have swore that the rest of the divison played the NFC west to. The fact is we went 4-0 against the nfc west EVERY other team went 2-2 we beat the same teams more then what they did. That's why we won the AFC WEST. But i guess going from 2-14 to AFC champs in 2 years is just not good enough for some people. :ninerssuck:Its not good enough unless we sign all the big name FAs...sure we don't need Nnamdi...but he costs a lot of money so he will help us win. And Haynesworth...he goes for $100million...instant super bowl. How about Ochostinko while we are at it...big names and $$ are all it takes to win a SB. Didnt you know that?

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Its not good enough unless we sign all the big name FAs...sure we don't need Nnamdi...but he costs a lot of money so he will help us win. And Haynesworth...he goes for $100million...instant super bowl. How about Ochostinko while we are at it...big names and $$ are all it takes to win a SB. Didnt you know that?

I know but it's going to be hard to take the title from the redskins. They have won it so many years in a row now :lol:

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Chiefsrule is right. The Chiefs play the Bears this year. So the best that they can hope for is 15-1! :yahoo:Please...we beat up on Cutler before and we will do it again!! :mooning:

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I know but it's going to be hard to take the title from the redskins. They have won it so many years in a row now :lol:If anyone can do it the Kansas City Cheaps can:troll31:

AkChief49
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I know but it's going to be hard to take the title from the redskins. They have won it so many years in a row now :lol:
What?, the "most spent the less accomplished" award?:D

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Redskins could spend, save or do nothing and they would be bad because it is a bad organization. It seems like I remember Dallas losing Romo too but what do I know. I imagine if we lost Cassel we would suck. Now lets look at these numbers for a fair comparison: Green Bay $ 129.8 million 2010-2011 Super Bowl Champs! New York Jets $ 128.5 million, New York Giants $126.3 million, Pittsburgh $ 116 million, Indianapolis $ 115.5 million, New Orleans $ 105.2 million, Chicago $ 104.9 million New England $ 102.3 million, Atlanta $ 102.1 million, Baltimore $ 101.3 million

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
What?, the "most spent the less accomplished" award?:DHavent you heard...the only way to win is spend $$

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:43 PM
If anyone can do it the Kansas City Cheaps can:troll31:

LOL!!!!

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:43 PM

49ers have no QB how can they win the Super Bowl? That one was weak try again.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Havent you heard...the only way to win is spend $$

Yep I just gave the numbers that prove it. Thanks for confirming

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Redskins could spend, save or do nothing and they would be bad because it is a bad organization. It seems like I remember Dallas losing Romo too but what do I know. I imagine if we lost Cassel we would suck. Now lets look at these numbers for a fair comparison: Green Bay $ 129.8 million 2010-2011 Super Bowl Champs! New York Jets $ 128.5 million, New York Giants $126.3 million, Pittsburgh $ 116 million, Indianapolis $ 115.5 million, New Orleans $ 105.2 million, Chicago $ 104.9 million New England $ 102.3 million, Atlanta $ 102.1 million, Baltimore $ 101.3 million

I rember Dalls starting 0-6 WITH Romo. Did you forget that?

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:46 PM

They would have run off 8 straight wins.

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I will state as fact right now! That I believe with the current Chiefs on Roster, that we can go 16-0! I also believe that we will not lose, untill we may, but will win all the games we do. I believe we can win. I know we will! I Believe in the CHIEFS! I am a CHIEFS HOMER, and DAMM PROUD OF IT! I do not like pessimistic fans, but they are still Fans of the CHIEFS! What I really do not like is fans who think the CHIEFS are done before a single game has been played. That just saddens me, it makes me wonder, where is the faith, where is the faith in this Chiefs Nation, Where is the FAITH IN THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!! Not even a single game down has been played yet, but doubt abounds, ole ye of little faith, saddens me.

chiefsrule

And Dallas was 51-29 the previous 5 years. I guess even the great ones can have an off year.

Canada
Redskins could spend, save or do nothing and they would be bad because it is a bad organization. It seems like I remember Dallas losing Romo too but what do I know. I imagine if we lost Cassel we would suck. Now lets look at these numbers for a fair comparison: Green Bay $ 129.8 million 2010-2011 Super Bowl Champs! New York Jets $ 128.5 million, New York Giants $126.3 million, Pittsburgh $ 116 million, Indianapolis $ 115.5 million, New Orleans $ 105.2 million, Chicago $ 104.9 million New England $ 102.3 million, Atlanta $ 102.1 million, Baltimore $ 101.3 millionWashington 115.2 million, Tennessee 107.4 million, St Louis 102.4 million, Dallas 136.6 million, Denver 125 million, Detroit 113.8 million, Houston 118.4 million, Miami 103.1 million, Minnesota 108.4 million, San Fransisco 100.9 million

...All teams that have spent more money on FAs that the Chiefs...how many of them made the playoffs last year?

DMN
Well how many really good free agents do you think we can sign? You really think we can sign 5 of them?

We won division due to an easy schedule and San Diego having their players hold out in the beginning of the season. Just wait and see the results after this year I want to hear your excuses.

I have to say I respectfully agree to disagree. Nothing of any true insight has come from our conversation. No matter what is said I hear that we are cheap because we haven't signed one NT (of which NO OTHER TEAM HAS SHOWN INTEREST) so maybe he isn't our savior. And that our division title is a fluke because of an easy schedule.

At this point I feel pity for you... if this is all you can take from a love of the chiefs then you are the one who truly loses in all of this and seem to prefer the easy schedule yourself.

GO CHIEFS!!

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I will state as fact right now! That I believe with the current Chiefs on Roster, that we can go 16-0! I also believe that we will not lose, untill we may, but will win all the games we do. I believe we can win. I know we will! I Believe in the CHIEFS! I am a CHIEFS HOMER, and DAMM PROUD OF IT! I do not like pessimistic fans, but they are still Fans of the CHIEFS! What I really do not like is fans who think the CHIEFS are done before a single game has been played. That just saddens me, it makes me wonder, where is the faith, where is the faith in this Chiefs Nation, Where is the FAITH IN THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!! Not even a single game down has been played yet, but doubt abounds, ole ye of little faith, saddens me.

LOL AMEN Father tornadospotter!

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Yep I just gave the numbers that prove it. Thanks for confirmingSorry, you proved what?

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I have to say I respectfully agree to disagree. Nothing of any true insight has come from our conversation. No matter what is said I hear that we are cheap because we haven't signed one NT (of which NO OTHER TEAM HAS SHOWN INTEREST) so maybe he isn't our savior. And that our division title is a fluke because of an easy schedule.

At this point I feel pity for you... if this is all you can take from a love of the chiefs then you are the one who truly loses in all of this and seem to prefer the easy schedule yourself.

GO CHIEFS!!

Ok Mr. T. One DT wouldn't do it but he would sure help. The player I wanted most was Blalock but he is gone. Atlanta did good to lock up a great player and they will continue to roll this year.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry, you proved what?

The great teams all have higher payrolls then the rest of the teams.

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Washington 115.2 million, Tennessee 107.4 million, St Louis 102.4 million, Dallas 136.6 million, Denver 125 million, Detroit 113.8 million, Houston 118.4 million, Miami 103.1 million, Minnesota 108.4 million, San Fransisco 100.9 million

...All teams that have spent more money on FAs that the Chiefs...how many of them made the playoffs last year?

The great teams all have higher payrolls then the rest of the teams.Really?

Canada
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok Mr. T. One DT wouldn't do it but he would sure help. The player I wanted most was Blalock but he is gone. Atlanta did good to lock up a great player and they will continue to roll this year.You seem to be the ONLY person who thinks that...including the other 31 NFL General Managers who passed on him.

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep overpaying has work well for the CHIEFS! A RB I will not name comes to mind! He Was Not A Real Chief!
:efpge:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
You guys can all hate me and call me stupid if you wish just because I don't agree with your opinions. But I am not hating any of the rest of you for believing the Chiefs will do great things this year. I want them to do great too reason why I am so frustrated we don't do more to try to get to the Super Bowl and just go into the season with what we have. I think it was pretty obvious last year we only had ONE decent WR...EVERYONE saw that and we did nothing, just went with what we had. Anyhow I am glad this is one of the most active threads and greatest debates this site has seen in awhile. Glad I could give you guys something to talk about. How boring would it be if we all thought the same thing? Not much to talk about and pretty boring if you ask me.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
And Dallas was 51-29 the previous 5 years. I guess even the great ones can have an off year.

Funny you say we will just make excuses when you do the same thing for Dallas a team that spent a TON of money and STILL was horrible a year ago. :ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::n inerssuck::ninerssuck:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
You seem to be the ONLY person who thinks that...including the other 31 NFL General Managers who passed on him.

He wanted to stay with the Falcons. True loyalty. What a great player.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Funny you say we will just make excuses when you do the same thing for Dallas a team that spent a TON of money and STILL was horrible a year ago. :ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::ninerssuck::n inerssuck::ninerssuck:

Losing a starting QB for one year and they were bad for one year. What has been our recordand salary for the past four years?

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey I am going for some cheetos, you guys wait here for me ok???

AkChief49
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Detroit has a salary of 113 million, are they great? granted they are getting better, but that's what several years of first round picks do for you.NFL Salaries 2011, NFL Salary Cap, NFL Salaries By Team, NFL Payrolls, Player Salaries 2011. (http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php)

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Ok Mr. T. One DT wouldn't do it but he would sure help. The player I wanted most was Blalock but he is gone. Atlanta did good to lock up a great player and they will continue to roll this year.

He wanted to stay with the Falcons. True loyalty. What a great player.His name is Aubrayo Franklin and he plays for the 49ers.

Washington 115.2 million, Tennessee 107.4 million, St Louis 102.4 million, Dallas 136.6 million, Denver 125 million, Detroit 113.8 million, Houston 118.4 million, Miami 103.1 million, Minnesota 108.4 million, San Fransisco 100.9 million

...All teams that have spent more money on FAs that the Chiefs...how many of them made the playoffs last year?Why do you continue to ignore this?

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
You guys can all hate me and call me stupid if you wish just because I don't agree with your opinions. But I am not hating any of the rest of you for believing the Chiefs will do great things this year. I want them to do great too reason why I am so frustrated we don't do more to try to get to the Super Bowl and just go into the season with what we have. I think it was pretty obvious last year we only had ONE decent WR...EVERYONE saw that and we did nothing, just went with what we had. Anyhow I am glad this is one of the most active threads and greatest debates this site has seen in awhile. Glad I could give you guys something to talk about. How boring would it be if we all thought the same thing? Not much to talk about and pretty boring if you ask me.
Nobody is hating on you, this is just a spirited thread! I am sure that we are all fans of The Greatest NFL TEAM EVER, The CHIEFS!:yahoo:
And it is good to have spirited thread again! Just all follow the site rules it is all good ( that means everybody). So happy that the damn lock out strike bovine excrement is over with, and we can all now get it to spirited conversations about OUR TEAM! THE AFC WEST CHAMPIONS, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Detroit has a salary of 113 million, are they great? granted they are getting better, but that's what several years of first round picks do for you.NFL Salaries 2011, NFL Salary Cap, NFL Salaries By Team, NFL Payrolls, Player Salaries 2011. (http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php)

Now that they got rid of Millen they are making some real progress!! I actually look forward to seeing them play on Thanksgiving again!!!

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Nobody is hating on you, this is just a spirited thread! I am sure that we are all fans of The Greatest NFL TEAM EVER, The CHIEFS!:yahoo:
And it is good to have spirited thread again! Just all follow the site rules it is all good. So happy that the damn lock out strike bovine excrement is over with, and we can all now get it to spirited conversations about OUR TEAM! THE AFC WEST CHAMPIONS, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

I agree!!

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Why do you continue to ignore this?

I guess I have to be the one to give you your answer 0 of those teams made the playoffs. And oh the chiefs beat the Rams 49ers and titians you no the "creampuffs" and we split with denver.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:14 PM
His name is Aubrayo Franklin and he plays for the 49ers.

Why do you continue to ignore this?

Franklin siged with the 49ers? Dang it!

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:15 PM
A majority of them do. Only a handful don't

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Franklin siged with the 49ers? Dang it!31 NFL GMs passed on him...perhaps he was overrated?

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:16 PM
A majority of them do. Only a handful don'tDo what??

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I guess I have to be the one to give you your answer 0 of those teams made the playoffs. And oh the chiefs beat the Rams 49ers and titians you no the "creampuffs" and we split with denver.

About all of the teams I listed made the playoffs and green bay won the super bowl. I am not sure what your argument is. And referring to our schedule last year please list all the teams.

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Please...we beat up on Cutler before and we will do it again!! :mooning:If the Bears don't upgrade their O-line everybody will be beating up on him. I was just kidding, by the way.

The Bears big signings so far are Roy Williams and Marion Barber. Blech! The Chiefs have done GREAT in FA compared to them.

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
About all of the teams I listed made the playoffs and green bay won the super bowl. I am not sure what your argument is. And referring to our schedule last year please list all the teams.The point was that all those teams that I listed did not make the playoffs yet still spent an equal amount of money on players. Its almost like $$ is not the factor that puts teams over the hump. Its quality players and coaches.

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
If the Bears don't upgrade their O-line everybody will be beating up on him. I was just kidding, by the way.

The Bears big signings so far are Roy Williams and Marion Barber. Blech! The Chiefs have done GREAT in FA compared to them.:lol: I know you are a Bears fan...nobody's perfect!! Gotta support your team!! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
About all of the teams I listed made the playoffs and green bay won the super bowl. I am not sure what your argument is. And referring to our schedule last year please list all the teams.

The argument is simple you say spending money leads to winning. The chiefs went to the playoffs last year while ALL those teams in the list spent more then the Chiefs and DID NOT GO TO THE PLAYOFFS. Spending money does not mean winning. Putting a TEAM together does. A team that fits well together and plays well together. And by the way the teams that you labeled creampuffs spent more then the chiefs a year ago the chiefs beat 3 of those teams. Need anymore proof that spending money doesn't mean wins?

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
A lot of those teams with high payrolls have spent money to retain players that they drafted, not necessarily in Free agency. Spending money to get marquis players is important, but they have to be the right players. You shouldn't spend just because you have the money and a player is available. You have to be smart about it.

The Chiefs have a lower payroll because their team is so young, but they have a lot of young talent to build on.

Carry on.

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:29 PM
A lot of those teams with high payrolls have spent money to retain players that they drafted, not necessarily in Free agency. Spending money to get marquis players is important, but they have to be the right players. You shouldn't spend just because you have the money and a player is available. You have to be smart about it.

The Chiefs have a lower payroll because there team is so young, but they have a lot of young talent to build on.

Carry on.YOU carry on!! :D

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:29 PM

The Chiefs have a lower payroll because their team is so young, but they have a lot of young talent to build on.

Carry on.

Very true. :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
The point was that all those teams that I listed did not make the playoffs yet still spent an equal amount of money on players. Its almost like $$ is not the factor that puts teams over the hump. Its quality players and coaches.
I agree totally with that! It is not about big names, it is about the team, the buy into being a Chief! I am a bigger fan of a Chief player who becomes a great Chief, than a already made proven player from some other team. Does not not me not want players available, but just makes me want players on roster to compete and win the job, if they have always been just a Chief or make themselves a Chief!. I do not want a big name think I am, I want a player that will be a CHIEF, and when the playing days are done, they want to retire as a CHIEF!

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
YOU carry on!! :D

Very true. :bananen_smilies046:

Where's the "Thanks" button?

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Where's the "Thanks" button?Right beside the "buy Canada a Beer" button:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Right beside the "buy tornadospotter and Canada a Beer" button:bananen_smilies046:
I believe this to be true! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I believe this to be true! :bananen_smilies046:

When do i get my own button:D

Canada
I believe this to be true! :bananen_smilies046:You're a mod...make it happen!!

chiefsrule
The argument is simple you say spending money leads to winning. The chiefs went to the playoffs last year while ALL those teams in the list spent more then the Chiefs and DID NOT GO TO THE PLAYOFFS. Spending money does not mean winning. Putting a TEAM together does. A team that fits well together and plays well together. And by the way the teams that you labeled creampuffs spent more then the chiefs a year ago the chiefs beat 3 of those teams. Need anymore proof that spending money doesn't mean wins?

The Chiefs won because of their schedule practically a last place team schedule. I am not saying they werent good never did I say that but I am saying we can be a contender if we just spent a little to get a couple of really good free agents to make us contenders. I would sure hope they would beat a team like Washington and bad organizations no matter what they spend. The Chiefs beat THREE teams that spent more than them, OK? We lost to the good teams, Indy & Baltimore and really San Diego was about the only other good team we played. They were the only teams we played with winning records. If that isn't an easy schedule for you IDK what is.

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:41 PM
When do i get my own button:DSoon as you have more posts than I do!! :bananen_smilies046:

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I am going to bed now, good night kids? Same time tomorrow night? Luv ya all!!!

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
The Chiefs won because of their schedule practically a last place team schedule. I am not saying they werent good never did I say that but I am saying we can be a contender if we just spent a little to get a couple of really good free agents to make us contenders. I would sure hope they would beat a team like Washington and bad organizations no matter what they spend. The Chiefs beat THREE teams that spent more than them, OK? We lost to the good teams, Indy & Baltimore and really San Diego was about the only other good team we played. They were the only teams we played with winning records. If that isn't an easy schedule for you IDK what is.Bullsh!t...that is not AT ALL what you have been saying. You have called us the Kansas City Cheaps, you have repeatedly said that we are not winning because we do not spend the $$ that other teams do. I gave you a pretty long list of team that spent waaaay more money than we did and they did not make the playoffs and you have repeatedly ignored that fact.

matthewschiefs
08-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Soon as you have more posts than I do!! :bananen_smilies046:

Oh well i guess i have a lot of work to.

Guess that means more mooning the mods :mooning::plus1:

I WILL BAN YOU FOR THAT! :D

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:47 PM
You're a mod...make it happen!!
I amm a trinng, donnna naw if I havva the nolege! :drunkhb:

Canada
08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Oh well i guess i have a lot of work to.

Guess that means more mooning the mods :mooning::plus1:No, that means more mooning the mods...also you need to start swearing and breaking more rules. I have a great long list of infractions from all different mods and I even got banned my one!! ...its fun!! :D

TopekaRoy
08-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I amm a trinng, donnna naw if I havva the nolege! :drunkhb:

NU: The N is for Knowlege!
"N" for Knowledge - 10/7/10 on Vimeo

(http://vimeo.com/15654707)

tornadospotter
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
NU: The N is for Knowlege!
"N" for Knowledge - 10/7/10 on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/15654707)

(http://vimeo.com/15654707)
:lol::lol::lol: That was a good one there TopekaRoy.

matthewschiefs
08-02-2011, 12:09 AM
No, that means more mooning the mods...also you need to start swearing and breaking more rules. I have a great long list of infractions from all different mods and I even got banned my one!! ...its fun!! :D

WHAT THE F**K There are rules here? Does that mean the mods do something other then siting on there A**? Next you will tell me they actually help to run this site. I just find all of that hard to be believe:D:mooning:

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 12:13 AM
WHAT THE F**K There are rules here? Does that mean the mods do something other then siting on there A**? Next you will tell me they actually help to run this site. I just find all of that hard to be believe:D:mooning:

:whipping1::whipping1::whipping1::whipping1::whipp ing1::whipping1:

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
To be truthful, I am sitting on my ***, and the chair my *** is sitting on is not very comfortable! :D

matthewschiefs
08-02-2011, 12:24 AM
To be truthful, I am sitting on my ***, and the chair my *** is sitting on is not very comfortable! :D

I knew this talk of mod power that was actually productive was to good to be true. :plus1::sign0106:

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I knew this talk of mod power that was actually productive was to good to be true. :plus1::sign0106:
:beer::sign0151: or face the wrath of a Mod! :lol: :smile

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
You guys can all hate me and call me stupid

Nobody called you stupid. We called you a troll.

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 04:21 AM

THERE IT IS!!!! Spending big $$$ does not mean winning. Winning needs quality management and a TEAM. Not just a bunch of good players. Over the years there have been many teams that had lots of big name stars and just flat out SUCKED.

The Chiefs have good management, good young players, some scattered high quality vets and they are coming together as a TEAM.

Being from New England and being a Chiefs FAN I HATE the Splats with an undying passion but truth is that in the not too distant future its going to be the Chiefs or the Splats representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.....EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Canada
08-02-2011, 05:28 AM
WHAT THE F**K There are rules here? Does that mean the mods do something other then siting on there A**? Next you will tell me they actually help to run this site. I just find all of that hard to be believe:D:mooning:Yes there are some stupid rules. No swearing, I dont know how to complete a fu*kin sentence without a swear work or two. And no...the mods dont run this site, I run this site!! :sFl_canada2:

70 chiefsfan70
08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
WOW! Now thats entertainment. Can't believe I slept though that.

The moral of the story is: We have to (carry on) and get some knowledge (n) and spent more money to get Canada a beer button and he will bring us a super bowl ring. Did I miss anything?

matthewschiefs
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes there are some stupid rules. No swearing, I dont know how to complete a fu*kin sentence without a swear work or two. And no...the mods dont run this site, I run this site!! :sFl_canada2:

Not for long I am taking OVER. :sFl_america2::chiefs3:

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Bullsh!t...that is not AT ALL what you have been saying. You have called us the Kansas City Cheaps, you have repeatedly said that we are not winning because we do not spend the $$ that other teams do. I gave you a pretty long list of team that spent waaaay more money than we did and they did not make the playoffs and you have repeatedly ignored that fact.

We first got bad because we quit signing free agents we have been one of the cheapest teams in the last few years and our record shows it. What has been our record the last few years? We get a schedule where we have three teams with winning records and we do good so you proclaim that proves we don't need to spend money and can keep going the cheap route and success will come. I disagree. Sorry you feel otherwise.

Seek
08-02-2011, 09:55 AM
We first got bad because we quit signing free agents we have been one of the cheapest teams in the last few years and our record shows it. What has been our record the last few years? We get a schedule where we have three teams with winning records and we do good so you proclaim that proves we don't need to spend money and can keep going the cheap route and success will come. I disagree. Sorry you feel otherwise.

We got bad because Herm Edwards didn't know squat about building a team. He only knew how to blow one up.

The Chiefs have signed Free agents every year. Last year we signed Jones, Lilja, Urban and Wiegmann and Shaun Smith.

The year before that we signed Cassell, Vrabel, Chambers, Zach Thomas and others to contracts.

You build a team through the draft, and fill in the holes with serviceable Free agents... You don't over spend on the biggest names out there. That hurts the integrity of the team over all specifically long term.

chief31
08-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Good job of waking up the Crowd. Just took an end to the lockout, and a little bit of an opposing view from the majority to get things rolling.

Spending money does not mean winning.

I am too tired to run a bunch of numbers, but I would be shocked to find that, over the course of multiple seasons, the higher salaried teams don't perform better, on average, than the low salaried teams.

Sure, there are plenty of situations where some expensive player doesn't work out as planned.

But I have to believe that bringing in upgrades in the form of proven players that demand a high salary, is generally a step in the right direction.

And teams that are stuck at the bottom and continually over-spending on their own poor draft choices, (Keep in mind that every round brings a player who will demand more than a player selected later in that round.) tend to pay a lot due to those insane rookie contracts, year, after year, after year.

I suspect that would be a major player in coloring high spending teams as not too astonishingly successful.

I am sure that we all realize that we don't specifically want The Chiefs to stay at the bottom of the league in salary, as our own FAs will steadily demand more, and more.

But, if they continue to produce with less pay going out, then it will be pretty hard to complain.

I am just here to keep Canada in line.

But I am rather lazy.

Nobody called you stupid. We called you a troll.

Yes. Please try to refrain from doing so in the future.

And no...the mods dont run this site, I run this site!! :sFl_canada2:

Canada just services most of the Mods for leniency.... and beer.

106-150 (41.4 winning percentage) was the record of our opponents (counting teams we played twice, twice) from the 2010 regular season.

Only three games were played against teams with a winning record for the year. We went 1-2 in those games.And we went 1-2 against teams with a .500 record. That makes us 2-4 against teams without a losing record, and 8-2 against sub .500 teams.

I don't think anybody can deny that we did have an easy schedule last year.

And I am also pretty sure that we all know that it helped that we had an easy schedule.

We played very well in 2010. And beating the teams you should beat is a requirement for all successful teams.

But the point being made that we feasted on weaker teams is extremely valid.

I definitely worry about how we will do this season.

As of right now, I will need to see something more happening in the FA market before I will be able to say that I am confident in The Chiefs for 2011.

However, considering the success of last season, and it was a tremendous success, considering the expectations, The whole organization is going to get a far lighter judgement out of me, than what I have handed down in the recent past.
Whereas, when we were terrible my outlook was somewhat of a "prove you can do something right", I am now in more of a "prove you are not doing this right" mode.

Hard to grip how someone can be down on this team right now.

But pretty easy to see why someone might not be overly confident too.

Canada
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
We first got bad because we quit signing free agents we have been one of the cheapest teams in the last few years and our record shows it. What has been our record the last few years? We get a schedule where we have three teams with winning records and we do good so you proclaim that proves we don't need to spend money and can keep going the cheap route and success will come. I disagree. Sorry you feel otherwise.Forget about us...how about the fact that all those teams spent lots of money and did not make the playoffs? You can keep ignoring it, but the rest of the site membership can read. I understand that you are the type who will complain no matter what they do, but can you please try and find a new topic to hate on because this one is getting so old.

Seek
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM

This is not an easy task.

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Good job of waking up the Crowd. Just took an end to the lockout, and a little bit of an opposing view from the majority to get things rolling.

I am too tired to run a bunch of numbers, but I would be shocked to find that, over the course of multiple seasons, the higher salaried teams don't perform better, on average, than the low salaried teams.

Sure, there are plenty of situations where some expensive player doesn't work out as planned.

But I have to believe that bringing in upgrades in the form of proven players that demand a high salary, is generally a step in the right direction.

And teams that are stuck at the bottom and continually over-spending on their own poor draft choices, (Keep in mind that every round brings a player who will demand more than a player selected later in that round.) tend to pay a lot due to those insane rookie contracts, year, after year, after year.

I suspect that would be a major player in coloring high spending teams as not too astonishingly successful.

I am sure that we all realize that we don't specifically want The Chiefs to stay at the bottom of the league in salary, as our own FAs will steadily demand more, and more.

But, if they continue to produce with less pay going out, then it will be pretty hard to complain.

But I am rather lazy.

Yes. Please try to refrain from doing so in the future.

Canada just services most of the Mods for leniency.... and beer.

106-150 (41.4 winning percentage) was the record of our opponents (counting teams we played twice, twice) from the 2010 regular season.

Only three games were played against teams with a winning record for the year. We went 1-2 in those games.And we went 1-2 against teams with a .500 record. That makes us 2-4 against teams without a losing record, and 8-2 against sub .500 teams.

And I am also pretty sure that we all know that it helped that we had an easy schedule.

We played very well in 2010. And beating the teams you should beat is a requirement for all successful teams.

I definitely worry about how we will do this season.

As of right now, I will need to see something more happening in the FA market before I will be able to say that I am confident in The Chiefs for 2011.

However, considering the success of last season, and it was a tremendous success, considering the expectations, The whole organization is going to get a far lighter judgement out of me, than what I have handed down in the recent past.
Whereas, when we were terrible my outlook was somewhat of a "prove you can do something right", I am now in more of a "prove you are not doing this right" mode.

Hard to grip how someone can be down on this team right now.

But pretty easy to see why someone might not be overly confident too.

VERY good post Chief31!

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Forget about us...how about the fact that all those teams spent lots of money and did not make the playoffs? You can keep ignoring it, but the rest of the site membership can read. I understand that you are the type who will complain no matter what they do, but can you please try and find a new topic to hate on because this one is getting so old.

If you just want to look at last year alone your point is valid but if you look at what these teams have done for the last couple of years it averages out. We have stunk for so long because we only relied on the draft alone basically to bring in talent and are continuing to do so. The point I am trying to make is Clark's main priority is to save money and if we happen to do good then that is fantastic. If we go 4-12 again then he just fires the coach blames it on him and we start all over again. We did have a good team last year but not as good at the 10-6 record. If we played a schedule like we are going to this year we will be lucky to hit .500 unless some big move is made and Clark opens up his wallet.

I have read the argument that we are a small market team but that never stopped his dad from trying to bring in good players and there are other small market teams that will get good free agents. What we have done lately is overspend on draft picks. Tyson Jackson there was a lot of money wasted there for someone who never even showed they could play in the NFL. And when you draft players that high you have to pay them what the other players got drafted around them you have no choice.

As long as Clark sees fans will support this team and buy tickets no matter what he does why should he change? Just keep them believing that what he is doing is building for a championship even if it never comes 10 years later.

Seek
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
If you just want to look at last year alone your point is valid but if you look at what these teams have done for the last couple of years it averages out. We have stunk for so long because we only relied on the draft alone basically to bring in talent and are continuing to do so. The point I am trying to make is Clark's main priority is to save money and if we happen to do good then that is fantastic. If we go 4-12 again then he just fires the coach blames it on him and we start all over again. We did have a good team last year but not as good at the 10-6 record. If we played a schedule like we are going to this year we will be lucky to hit .500 unless some big move is made and Clark opens up his wallet.

I have read the argument that we are a small market team but that never stopped his dad from trying to bring in good players and there are other small market teams that will get good free agents. What we have done lately is overspend on draft picks. Tyson Jackson there was a lot of money wasted there for someone who never even showed they could play in the NFL. And when you draft players that high you have to pay them what the other players got drafted around them you have no choice.

As long as Clark sees fans will support this team and buy tickets no matter what he does why should he change? Just keep them believing that what he is doing is building for a championship even if it never comes 10 years later.

Under Carl Peterson this team spent a ton of money on high dollar free agents and we have zero superbowls to hang that on.

Even under DV we signed a lot of free agents and it got us NO super bowl.

Our team sucked the last couple years not because our team was cheap, it was because Herm Edward gutted this team and spent all his time in effort to build his TAMPA 2 offense while neglecting the offense.

The Chiefs have signed players the last two years to fill holes.

So while you feel the Chiefs are cheap and I get a feeling you listen to Nick Wright. Tell me which big time free agents the last two years would have made you feel good.

Averaging out, Teams that win Superbowls build their core from the draft, and spend money keeping their own players. They don't spend a lot of money buying other teams players.

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:27 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]I am just here to keep Canada in line.

But I am rather lazy.My own personal mod!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Canada just services most of the Mods for leniency.... and beer.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You don't have enough beer to buy my good behaviour

Why do people fault us for having a easy schedule. Perhaps you were all unaware, but to a 4-12 team there is no such thing as an easy schedule. We used to be part of the easy schedule. How about the face that we went 7-1 at home? The Arrowhead advantage is back and the Chiefs made the strides necessary to A. Win the division (which no one thought we would do)and B. Make the playoffs (which no one thought we would do) So sure we lost to some better teams but if my memory serves me... We lost to the Colts (in a game we almost won on the road) We lost to the Chargers with Brokie Croyle while our starting QB was out, We lost to Houston on a bullsh!t PI call against Flowers. Even though we lost to the better teams, we hung around in most of them. We werent that far off being 12-4. Easy schedule or not, this is the NFL and we played NFL calibur teams. We will be tested this year but I dont have anywhere near the dismal outlook some people have.

Chiefsrule agreed with a post stating that we might not win a game until Week 6. We play Buffalo Week 1....do you really think the B-lls are better than the Chiefs....seems like an uninformed comment to me.

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
This is not an easy task.I dont need a babysitter, I survived KC all on my own!!

Seek
08-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I dont need a babysitter, I survived KC all on my own!!

How was your last trip????

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 04:44 PM
As long as Clark sees fans will support this team and buy tickets no matter what he does why should he change?

In two more years Clark Hunt is going to be required to spend a good deal more money. And keep in mind, the Chiefs are near the bottom when it comes to locally generated revenue.

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:44 PM
How was your last trip????

One car accident and I need a babysitter?

Seek
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
One car accident and I need a babysitter?

What happens to Canada when he does not drink beer and Drinks hard liquor.

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't think Canada needs a babysitter. I think he needs a "Beer Bearer"!:beer:

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't think Canada needs a babysitter. I think he needs a "Beer Bearer"!:beer:I could use an extra hand. It would be neat to be triple fisted!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
What happens to Canada when he does not drink beer and Drinks hard liquor.From what I hear, I turn into a fantastic dancer!! :D ...why, what did you hear?

Besides, I drank beer all night before the game...liquor is a breakfast drink!!

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I could use an extra hand. It would be neat to be triple fisted!! :bananen_smilies046:

Every true professional needs a "Beer Bearer"....the modern day version of a gun bearer. This valuable assistant carries an enormous cooler containing at least 60 beers and ice at all times and is required to always be within arms reach.

Seek
08-02-2011, 05:10 PM
From what I hear, I turn into a fantastic dancer!! :D ...why, what did you hear?

From what you told me. Don't let me drink anything but Beer. I get very violent.

KristofLaw
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Saddle in those Donkeys for a beating twice this year... this threads been a good read.

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
From what I hear, I turn into a fantastic dancer!! :D ...why, what did you hear?

Are you sure, that is what you heard? I guess that could be a dance, shall we name it!
:jump1: :D

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Under Carl Peterson this team spent a ton of money on high dollar free agents and we have zero superbowls to hang that on.

Even under DV we signed a lot of free agents and it got us NO super bowl.

Our team sucked the last couple years not because our team was cheap, it was because Herm Edward gutted this team and spent all his time in effort to build his TAMPA 2 offense while neglecting the offense.

The Chiefs have signed players the last two years to fill holes.

So while you feel the Chiefs are cheap and I get a feeling you listen to Nick Wright. Tell me which big time free agents the last two years would have made you feel good.

Averaging out, Teams that win Superbowls build their core from the draft, and spend money keeping their own players. They don't spend a lot of money buying other teams players.

Much like Atlanta and the Jets did and now they are serious contenders years before we were. Chiefs take a step backward again this year and go 6-10 or 7-9. We have had our core for the last year or two and no we are not really signing any good free agents. Breaston may be good if he can stay on the field with that knee but at the same time we just get rid of Waters for nothing. And of course as long as he was on the team all Chiefs fan would say he was still good but since we got rid of him they try to convince themselves he was washed up. Any player we sign GREAT if same player signed with another team he wasn't that good anyhow and we didn't need him. Some people just wear colored glasses and don't look at things realistically.

Seek
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Free agency is not over. I will be upset if this is our final team but I believe pioli will still find good value in free agency

josh1971
08-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Free agency is not over. I will be upset if this is our final team but I believe pioli will still find good value in free agency

Agreed. Too much worry so far, and I think you also have to factor in that some of the guys we have that were good will be great. Some of the guys we had that were promising will be good.

No time to panic.

TopekaRoy
08-03-2011, 01:12 AM
You guys do realize that as teams cut their rosters from 90 to 53 players a lot of guys will become available, right? Free agency is a long way from over.

ctchiefsfan
08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
When everything is said and done, I think this promises to be a tough season regardless what happens in Free Agency.

Last year we had several games that but for a whisker could have gone the other way. With just a few small breaks we could have gone 12-4 or 8-8. I expect that this year will be much the same. If we get a few small breaks I think we go 10-6 again. If we can't catch break to save our lives 8-8 or even 7-9 is conceivable.

I expect that Haley realizes just how narrow the difference between a great season and a mediocre one is likely to be and so I expect to see him make some more surprising calls on 4th down.

We certainly have a tougher schedule than last year but I also think several of our younger players matured a lot last year and we have picked up a few that I expect will be able to contribute right from the git go.

All in all, this year should tell us a lot about just how good we really are.

bbacker51
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I think it is going to tell us more about the how good Pioli and Haley are at managing a team. a record 8-8 and above will say a lot about their managing ability. However anything below and we may be in trouble.

chief31
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I could use an extra hand. It would be neat to be triple fisted!! :bananen_smilies046:

OH STOP IT! You still squeal at the double-fisting.:lol:

DMN
08-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Since tomorrow is the official go day I am interested to see if they get the Hali/Carr situation sorted and in camp.

And to add some Oline depth... Bring in some competition at RT. Broken record I know but I think it is the biggest area of need.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2011, 12:13 PM
When everything is said and done, I think this promises to be a tough season regardless what happens in Free Agency.

Last year we had several games that but for a whisker could have gone the other way. With just a few small breaks we could have gone 12-4 or 8-8. I expect that this year will be much the same. If we get a few small breaks I think we go 10-6 again. If we can't catch break to save our lives 8-8 or even 7-9 is conceivable.

I expect that Haley realizes just how narrow the difference between a great season and a mediocre one is likely to be and so I expect to see him make some more surprising calls on 4th down.

We certainly have a tougher schedule than last year but I also think several of our younger players matured a lot last year and we have picked up a few that I expect will be able to contribute right from the git go.

All in all, this year should tell us a lot about just how good we really are.

We had our chances to win just about every game last year. Including at Indy. If D bowe doesn't drop 2 td passes we could have beaten them last year. We didn't beat a lot of top teams lastyear but they didn't just blow us out. That's part of becomeing a good team. We got blown out in the 2nd half against the Ravens in the 2nd half in this groups 1st playoff game. It happens a lot to teams in there 1st playoff game. The key to if this team improves win lost record is if this team learned to win the close games.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Since tomorrow is the official go day I am interested to see if they get the Hali/Carr situation sorted and in camp.

And to add some Oline depth... Bring in some competition at RT. Broken record I know but I think it is the biggest area of need.

Hali might just be the reason that we have not gone out and spent a ton of money in the free agent market like some have wanted us to. I think we are going to do whatever we can to get him resigned.

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Hali might just be the reason that we have not gone out and spent a ton of money in the free agent market like some have wanted us to. I think we are going to do whatever we can to get him resigned.

But we will still have plenty of room even after resigning him. There isn't much left to sign now, but like one person said there will be cuts. I love the Chiefs but I don't hold out much faith in Clark Hunt allowing us to get the players we need to become great. I realize he needs the money for the stadium but it is holding us back from any Super Bowl chances in the mean time.

Canada
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
But we will still have plenty of room even after resigning him. There isn't much left to sign now, but like one person said there will be cuts. I love the Chiefs but I don't hold out much faith in Clark Hunt allowing us to get the players we need to become great. I realize he needs the money for the stadium but it is holding us back from any Super Bowl chances in the mean time.CAn you please post an original thought instead of the same old sh!t over and over!!

DMN
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Yeah but if you think about it they are moving forward thinking of him making the Franchise tender amount... Which is a ton (top five paid players at his position averaged out... I think)

So if they can get him signed to a long term they will actually open up room under the cap this year... As long term contracts are usually back loaded.

chief31
08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah but if you think about it they are moving forward thinking of him making the Franchise tender amount... Which is a ton (top five paid players at his position averaged out... I think)

So if they can get him signed to a long term they will actually open up room under the cap this year... As long term contracts are usually back loaded.

I don't think we need to worry about reaching the salary cap this year.

But, how much do we need to spend just to hit the minimum?

My guess is Hali's signing would not bring us anywhere near it.

Canada
08-03-2011, 02:52 PM

My guess is Hali's signing would not bring us anywhere near it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

The league minimum does not go into effect until 2013
Per-team spending minimum doesn’t apply until 2013 | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/per-team-spending-minimum-doesnt-apply-until-2013/)

DMN
08-03-2011, 02:57 PM

My guess is Hali's signing would not bring us anywhere near it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well thats the problem... The only minimum this year is on a league wide basis. 99% of the salary cap number must be reached by all teams collectively. The per team minimum of 89% does not come into effect until 2013.

So essentially the chiefs could sign Hali and still probably have around $30mil to spend to reach the cap...(I think we are about 28mil under right now) and not spend another dime.

On this part I may be wrong but I believe that this then allows teams to go over the cap of $120mil to bring the league to the committed 99%. teams like the skins, jets, and eagles could spend upwards of 130-135 mil.

chief31
08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
The league minimum does not go into effect until 2013

Ah. I knew that they 89% minimum didn't start until then. But I didn't realize that there was no limit for the next two seasons.

I would have thought there would be some kind of spending floor.

TopekaRoy
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Ah. I knew that they 89% minimum didn't start until then. But I didn't realize that there was no limit for the next two seasons.

I would have thought there would be some kind of spending floor.

This has confused me as well so I did a little quick research on it ... and I'm still a little confused!

For 2011 and 2012 there is no team salary cap minimum (or threshold), but the league is required to spend at least 99% of the per team minimum of $120 million. I guess some teams can over the cap, if they wish to, but that will put them in difficult positions when they have to cut salaries to get under the max in 2013. If that league wide minimum is not met this year (and next), then the teams have to cut checks to the NFL players association to make up the difference. I'm not sure if the teams spending the least will have to pay more or if the shortage would be divided evenly among all teams. I also don't know if teams that are at or above the max would be exempt from pitching in.

The NFLPA would then divide this extra income among the players. Again, I'm not sure if they would divide it evenly or give every player the same percentage pay increase.

I'll try to find more info and if anyone knows more about this than I do, I would appreciate some clarification.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2011, 07:13 PM
CAn you please post an original thought instead of the same old sh!t over and over!!

Come on WE ARE CHEAP. We are not doing anything. It's not like we have gone and got guys like Steve Breaston, Kelly Gregg,Brandon Silver,and Le'ron Mcclain. Clark is just saveing his money. They haven't got who i want so there doing nothing. :lol:

:ninerssuck::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Come on WE ARE CHEAP. We are not doing anything. It's not like we have gone and got guys like Steve Breaston, Kelly Gregg,Brandon Silver,and Le'ron Mcclain. Clark is just saveing his money. They haven't got who i want so there doing nothing. :lol:

:ninerssuck::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Seriously???? LMAO. Dont forget Manno too if you just want to name any player we signed. Yes we broke the bank on those signings!!! LOL

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Seriously???? LMAO. Dont forget Manno too if you just want to name any player we signed. Yes we broke the bank on those signings!!! LOL

That about equals the salaries we lost in the players that left.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Who cares if they broke the bank or not. The point is The chiefs Are going out and getting guys. It might not be who YOU want but maybe just maybe Pioli knows what he's doing by making those signings. How about before you constantly complain about how bad our management is you let them take ONE SNAP in a GAME. Maybe just maybe the guys they have brought in will help more then you think.

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Who cares if they broke the bank or not. The point is The chiefs Are going out and getting guys. It might not be who YOU want but maybe just maybe Pioli knows what he's doing by making those signings. How about before you constantly complain about how bad our management is you let them take ONE SNAP in a GAME. Maybe just maybe the guys they have brought in will help more then you think.

So the guys we signed replaced the salaries of the guys that left. I really don't think our management is that bad Pioli isn't as great as everyone makes him out to be but he is ok. I don't think Pioli can do much though when his hands are tied because Clark holds the money.

I have a real problem with Clark Hunt not the team haley or pioli.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
So the guys we signed replaced the salaries of the guys that left. I really don't think our management is that bad Pioli isn't as great as everyone makes him out to be but he is ok. I don't think Pioli can do much though when his hands are tied because Clark holds the money.

Do you really think that if Clark Hunt was going to tie his hands Pioli would have left the good job that he had with the pats? Pioli is doing EXCATLY what he did with the Pats. Not makeing a huge splash in the free agent market building his team through the draft. It won him 3 super bowls there. He CAN do it in KC.

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Do you really think that if Clark Hunt was going to tie his hands Pioli would have left the good job that he had with the pats? Pioli is doing EXCATLY what he did with the Pats. Not makeing a huge splash in the free agent market building his team through the draft. It won him 3 super bowls there. He CAN do it in KC.

He signed Rodney Harrison a free agent and traded away a 2nd round pick for C. Dillion.

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 11:01 PM

I wonder how many years we are going to "BUILD" through the draft and not sign any really good free agents? 10? 15? Much like Carl's 5 year plan. I have lost track of how many years we have been "rebuilding" now.

#58ChiefsFan
08-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I wonder how many years we are going to "BUILD" through the draft and not sign any really good free agents? 10? 15? Much like Carl's 5 year plan. I have lost track of how many years we have been "rebuilding" now.

I can 100% guarantee you as long as Pioli is here we will continue to build through the draft and not spend a ton of money on "big" FAs. If were lucky that will be about 20 years.

NE won the 01 superbowl the same year he was named director of personell or whatever they call it there. They had the core group in place before he was appointed. What Pioli did was continue to keep that team intact with his methods of adding personel as players left for the variety of reasons that create the usual turnover. In doing so he did win two more titles and build a team that won 27 games iirc in a row.

matthewschiefs
08-04-2011, 12:28 AM
He signed Rodney Harrison a free agent and traded away a 2nd round pick for C. Dillion.

so 2 guys out of a 53 man roster. Yep he sure went out and signed all the big names and spent a ton of money. The Pats won there super bowls with the core group they DRAFTED. They won because of a guy named Tom Brady they won because of a guy like Troy Brown who played on both offense and defense at times. That's how they won. It's what Pioli wants to do in KC. Give him that chance.

This is year 3 of the current rebuild since we started over when Pioli was brought in. And the reason we got into this whole rebuild thing in the first place is we didn't use the draft like we should have. We signed a bunch of free agents every year to plug in holes. What did that get us. A team that was two old. Yes you can win by spending money. But The pats showed you can win doing what the Chiefs are currently doing. And it's not just the Pats. THe stellers did it the packers won last year based on useing the draft. Building a team through the draft and not signing a bunch of free agents can ALSO work.

matthewschiefs
08-04-2011, 12:36 AM

Clark just agreed to give Hali 60million that makes 2 guys around 60million with Hali and Cassel You call that cheap?

chiefsrule
08-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Clark just agreed to give Hali 60million that makes 2 guys around 60million with Hali and Cassel You call that cheap?

I look at the overall team spending. Royals could give one or two guys money and nothing on the rest. I know the Royals have been using draft alone for years and have gotten them nowhere and I don't want to see that from the Chiefs. I painfully say I am a Royals fan anymore though I know there is no chance for them to ever do anything. They have a lot of great young players but can never do anything. Once a player becomes great they have to get rid of him. I realize in baseball there is no salary cap and teams can buy their way into the world series so the same teams are basically in it year in and year out now.

This may be year three with Pioli but we have been rebuilding for about half a decade. And if it doesn't work out in the next couple of years fire Haley use him as a scapegoat and then use the excuse "well now we have to start all over because we have a new coach." You have to admit adding a couple of good free agents would have helped this team possibly contend this year. That is what I am trying to say. Why not go for a Super Bowl when you have the chance? I still say we will be lucky to get a .500 record this year and 6-10 or 7-9 is a real possibility with our schedule this year. Being bad for so long forced us to overpay for draft picks that never played a game in the NFL. It makes me sick to see us paying Tyson Jackson all that money and he couldn't even stay in the starting lineup. I know you have to agree with some of what I am saying and will never admit it for whatever reason and continue to argue with me until you are blue in the face.

josh1971
08-04-2011, 04:52 AM
This may be year three with Pioli but we have been rebuilding for about half a decade.

You do realize the ridiculousness of your math here, right? Piloi has been re-building us for 3 years out of 5?

Say, that's not too bad if we've only been rebuilding for a total of 5 years, and we've already won the division. And even better, we won it only 3 years into Pioli's efforts.

Hard to call the Herm/CP era "Rebuilding". Seemed more like a "Giving up" era.

JB