PDA

View Full Version : Pioli Met with St. John of 610 sports this morning

Seek
08-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Scott Pioli interviewed with St. John this morning and said they were not done with the Receivers or D-Line.

Now as vague as Pioli is some times, that could be a simple as signing Tamba Hali to a Franchise Tender, but even as vague as he is, Who would that leave at Receiver.

Anyone still out there anyone would be interested in.

I also hope the D-line help is still a proven player to help the team.

Jrudi
08-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Still available WR:

Malcom Floyd (SD)
Legadu Nanne (SD)
Steve Smith (NYG)
Braylon Edwards (haha doubt it)
T.J. Houshmanzedah (Bal)
Antwan Randel El (Pit)
Laurent Robinson (Stl)
Roydell Williams (Ten)

Not much to choose from, just a few that I saw still available.

out of all of these I would love Steve Smith from NY. could see Antwan Ranel El because is is diverse (was a QB in college, and could allow for creativity in a spread set.) Could see one of the WR's from San Diego land here.

Canada
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't forget TO and Randy Moss!!

josh1971
08-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Don't forget TO and Randy Moss!!

Agh... please God, neither of those two.

TJ wouldn't upset me.

Seek
08-01-2011, 03:06 PM

TJ wouldn't upset me.

I wouldn't mind Malcom Floyd. He cans stretch the field.

Canada
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM

TJ wouldn't upset me.I was just kidding, I cant stand either of those guys!!

azchiefsfan
08-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Agent: Randy Moss retiring from NFL - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/agent-randy-moss-retiring-nfl-180054961.html)

Chiefs fanatic
08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
We seem pretty well set at receiver. I don't see the point in adding anyone else when it's possibly our biggest strength now.

Seek
08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
We seem pretty well set at receiver. I don't see the point in adding anyone else when it's possibly our biggest strength now.

Reports in camp so far is how bad Baldwin looks. Say he is having a really tough time.

So when you say set do you mean set at wr or hopefully if everything was perfect.

Chiefs fanatic
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Reports in camp so far is how bad Baldwin looks. Say he is having a really tough time.

So when you say set do you mean set at wr or hopefully if everything was perfect.

I was assuming Baldwin would do ok. I guess if Baldwin's doing awful looking for another small addition might be justifiable.

chiefsrule
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM

TJ wouldn't upset me.

Why couldn't we have gotten Chad Ocho, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens??? We could have watched a football game on Sundays then a circus from these guys the rest of the days.

OTR Chiefs fan
08-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Do you think we could coax Randy Moss out of retirement? I doubt it. :chiefs:

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 03:15 AM
I was assuming Baldwin would do ok. I guess if Baldwin's doing awful looking for another small addition might be justifiable.
A rookie should always look bad, in there first ever training camp. They are in a new point in there life, they have no idea what to expect. If Baldwin look great, I would start having worries! The ones that come out strong in there rookie year, have a much tougher time of being the expectation.

ctchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 04:38 AM
Before we do anything more for receivers I'd like to see us work on the O-line. Cassel is an excellent QB but improvising under heavy pressure is not what he does best.

I'm quite happy with the way the team is shaping up this year, but I'm kinda nervous about the O-line.

Seek
08-02-2011, 09:05 AM
A rookie should always look bad, in there first ever training camp. They are in a new point in there life, they have no idea what to expect. If Baldwin look great, I would start having worries! The ones that come out strong in there rookie year, have a much tougher time of being the expectation.

He should not be dropping balls at the rate the I hear he is. They also said he was not well conditioned.

Jrudi
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Before we do anything more for receivers I'd like to see us work on the O-line. Cassel is an excellent QB but improvising under heavy pressure is not what he does best.

I'm quite happy with the way the team is shaping up this year, but I'm kinda nervous about the O-line.

Still nervous about the O-line, there isn't much left to choose from in FA. (I think Max Starks from PIT would be the only one worth looking at, the rest are reserves or past their primes.

Think they are set with Asamoah taking over at guard, and Richardson still holding down the RT position. They signed a slew of Un-drafted FA's that were lineman, and supposedly most were the top available, so they might be wanting to develop them instead.

He should not be dropping balls at the rate the I hear he is. They also said he was not well conditioned.

Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt about conditioning... I've heard the level of competitiveness and speed from the college game to the pro game is just astonishing, so I'm sure every rookie is adjusting to the conditioning, even if they thought they were in good shape... Plus it's 100+ degrees out there haha!

Seek
08-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Still nervous about the O-line, there isn't much left to choose from in FA. (I think Max Starks from PIT would be the only one worth looking at, the rest are reserves or past their primes.

Think they are set with Asamoah taking over at guard, and Richardson still holding down the RT position. They signed a slew of Un-drafted FA's that were lineman, and supposedly most were the top available, so they might be wanting to develop them instead.

Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt about conditioning... I've heard the level of competitiveness and speed from the college game to the pro game is just astonishing, so I'm sure every rookie is adjusting to the conditioning, even if they thought they were in good shape... Plus it's 100+ degrees out there haha!

I am extremely nervous about the O-line, yet, I am not sure what we can do to fix it other than draft it. Usually good Offensive Line man don't hit the market unless they want to much money or are not really worth keeping. The ones that do hit the market and are worth a look are usually very short term fixes.

I think we need that short term fix at RT. I am extremely unfcomfortable with Richardson at RT.

I mean he was pulled in the middle of series for consecutiveholds, and got into it with the coaches last year and this is all we have at RT.

He improved a bunch last year, but made up for all the good he did by doing equally bad. He can kill a drive real easy with one bad hold, or mistake. To much of a liability to be a starter in my opinion.

azchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 01:32 PM
The offensive line has been the source of my trepidation since training camp last year. I have played both sides of the line(in HS) and O line is the toughest position. It takes a lot of stamina and strength. If you think about always trying to stop a 350 lb guy while falling back on your heals all day, it's brutal. The previous coaching staff inexplicably made a play for a few skill position guys and let the O line languish. I really worry it may be another 2-3 years before we can draft a real contending O line.