PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd AFC West Prediction....

Yoda
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Here is what he said on radio....take it for what it's worth...personaly, outside of the Broncos, this is a 3 horse race....going down to the wire. I do believe that SD window is quickly closing and Oak/KC will be battling it out for the next 5+ years.

Sd 10-6. Philip Rivers.
Oakland 8-8 or 9-7. Mentioned coaching change, but in house and swept division.
KC 7-9. Hard schedule possibility they won't win a game until game 6.
Denver 5-11 or worse if Tebow starts.

azchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Oakland better than KC? Not a chance. 3/4 of their defense left with Assymooga or whatever the hell his name was. SD is swirling the drain. They have to pray that none of their starters are hurt at all, because while they have a decent starting line up, they are tissue paper thin after that and their defense has been gutted. We are going to be a competitive team this year. Smoke all the funny tobaccy you want. Traiders got nothin but dreams.

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Here is what he said on radio....take it for what it's worth...personaly, outside of the Broncos, this is a 3 horse race....going down to the wire. I do believe that SD window is quickly closing and Oak/KC will be battling it out for the next 5+ years.

Sd 10-6. Philip Rivers.

That sounds very accurate.

azchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Remember this thread boys. I am going to be reminding you of it often this season.

Yoda
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Hmm....last year the team could not make up there minds between Gradkowski and Cambel. They expected to be in the seller, yet swept the division.... destroyed your beloved chiefs at home w/out McFadden or Nmandi. No, the Raiders should be competive again and in the thick of things in the West. Personally I expect the Raiders to split their games with KC/SD.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Hmm....last year the team could not make up there minds between Gradkowski and Cambel. They expected to be in the seller, yet swept the division.... destroyed your beloved chiefs at home w/out McFadden or Nmandi. No, the Raiders should be competive again and in the thick of things in the West. Personally I expect the Raiders to split their games with KC/SD.

"their minds"
"Campbell"
"cellar"
"Nnamdi"
"competitive"

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:08 PM
WE play Buffalo Week 1

Seek
08-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Have you decided on that QB yet? How about a coach?

The inconsistency of your ownership will be a thorn in the Raiders side for years to come. Yeah they swept the division and still failed to make the play offs.

Your team could be good, but there is always that one factor messig things up.

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Hmm....last year the team could not make up there minds between Gradkowski and Cambel. They expected to be in the seller, yet swept the division.... destroyed your beloved chiefs at home w/out McFadden or Nmandi. No, the Raiders should be competive again and in the thick of things in the West. Personally I expect the Raiders to split their games with KC/SD.Hmmm...haven't had a season above .500 in 8 years...pretty high aspirations!

seadooshell
08-02-2011, 04:32 PM
We play Buffalo week 1 and the Lions week 2...that article is a joke...

Canada
08-02-2011, 04:39 PM
We play Buffalo week 1 and the Lions week 2...that article is a joke...I completely agree, although I dont think the Lions will be a pushover like they have in years past!!

Coach
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
The Chiefs do have a brutal schedule. Although, I'm more worried about the back half of the schedule than I am the first 6 games.

Jrudi
08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I actually think this is pretty accurate. I know Cowheard can be brutally honest, but sometimes he does have a point.

I think it will be a 3 way race btwn us, SD and Oakland.

I think Oakland will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot mainly because they are Oakland, I think they can be good if they allow themselves to. I think you can count on splitting all divisional games.

my Prediction for the Chiefs is 10-6 again or 9-7. (If we win the games we should)

vs Bills - W (Its the Bills, and the opener at home, nuff said)
@ Lions - W (Close game, but we pull it off)
@ Chargers - L (Good game, but hard to pull off wins on the road in AFC West)
vs Vikings- W
@ Colts- L (Can win if we bring A game, manning always gives colts a shot)
@ Raiders- L (Sorry but we play bad on the road, and its a Divisional game)
vs Chargers- W (MNF at a fired up Arrowhead, a re-run of last year, we pull it off)
vs Dolphins- W (They don't even know who their QB is)
vs Broncos- W
@ Pats- L (Pioli and Cassel go home and put up a hard fight on National Television, but the difference is Brady and Belichik.)
vs Steelers- W (Another Nationaly televised game with big hype, Arrowhead noise helps us stun the steelers)
@ Bears -W (Shouldn't have been in the NFC Championship game last year)
@ Jets- L (Good team on the road, tough game)
vs Packers- L (Defending Champs are tough to beat)
vs Raiders- W
@ Broncos- W (Playoff implications on the line for us, we bring it home like two years ago)

Canada
08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I actually think this is pretty accurate. I know Cowheard can be brutally honest, but sometimes he does have a point.

I think Oakland will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot mainly because they are Oakland, I think they can be good if they allow themselves to. I think you can count on splitting all divisional games.

my Prediction for the Chiefs is 10-6 again or 9-7. (If we win the games we should)

@ Chargers - L (Good game, but hard to pull off wins on the road in AFC West)
vs Vikings- W
@ Colts- L (Can win if we bring A game, manning always gives colts a shot)
@ Raiders- L (Sorry but we play bad on the road, and its a Divisional game)
vs Chargers- W (MNF at a fired up Arrowhead, a re-run of last year, we pull it off)
vs Broncos- W
@ Pats- L (Pioli and Cassel go home and put up a hard fight on National Television, but the difference is Brady and Belichik.)
vs Steelers- W (Another Nationaly televised game with big hype, Arrowhead noise helps us stun the steelers)
@ Jets- L (Good team on the road, tough game)
vs Packers- L (Defending Champs are tough to beat)
vs Raiders- W
@ Broncos- W (Playoff implications on the line for us, we bring it home like two years ago)Seems reasonable to me! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
08-02-2011, 05:26 PM

@ Chargers - W (Good game, but hard to pull off wins on the road in AFC West)
vs Vikings- W
@ Colts- W (Can win if we bring A game, manning always gives colts a shot)
@ Raiders- W (Sorry but we play bad on the road, and its a Divisional game)
vs Broncos- W
@ Pats- W (Pioli and Cassel go home and put up a hard fight on National Television, but the difference is Brady and Belichik.)
@ Jets- W (Good team on the road, tough game)
vs Packers- W (Defending Champs are tough to beat)
vs Raiders- W
@ Broncos- W (Playoff implications on the line for us, we bring it home like two years ago)
I like this version better! But to be honest, we may lose a game or two.

Jrudi
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I like this version better! But to be honest, we may lose a game or two.

I agree, there are multiple games this year that could go either way.

and there is a brutal stretch where we could loose like 5 in a row (Pats, Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers, Raiders) all back to back.

It will be brutal, but I have faith, and am thinking positive that we can be at least 9-7 if we play to our potential. (In this division 9-7 may get u a playoff spot)

#58ChiefsFan
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
We just need to qualify for the playoffs.

"Don't matter if you get on the front of the bus or the back, long as you're on the bus." As our former fearless leader once stated.

Boxermm187
08-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes sir! not worth talking about it....my blood pressure is going up!

TopekaRoy
08-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Cowherd can be pretty entertaining to listen to, but I disagree with a lot of what he says. I think he just likes to "stir the pot."

Having said that, I think he's pretty close with the Chiefs prediction ... depending.

I won't make an official prediction until after the 3rd preseason game, but with the tougher schedule I see the Chiefs going anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6. 7-9 or 11-5 is not too hard to believe, but it will depend on what other free agents we pick up and how our new additions pan out, I won't comment on his other predictions, because I haven't really studied their roster moves yet.

bbacker51
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I think most people agree that the Donkeys will be last. Huzah!

azchiefsfan
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I think, just like last year, too many here are selling short on the Chiefs prematurely. We have one of the toughest schedules this year, granted, but we are a much improved team this year. The Traiders are worse and SD Dolts have been treading water the last 2 years and have made 0 (goose egg, nil, none) good trades in free agency. McDaniels dismantled the Donks for us, so they have nothing. There are a bunch of Pink er Golden State fans dreaming and praying the Traiders and Dolts can pull a rabbit out of a hat, but it's not going to happen. We have built a solid team-need a couple holes filled-but we can compete with anyone.

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Watch Detroit have better record than us this year. They are a good team believe it or not.

slc chief
08-02-2011, 10:04 PM
colin cowherd is a clown. i can not stand his show. he tries to piss people off to get better ratings for his show

josh1971
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Who is Colin Cowherd? He must have used a "magic 8-ball" to divine this.

Chiefs fanatic
08-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the division is a toss up this year. You have the Chiefs that are the returning division champs, the Raiders who swept the division last year, and the Chargers who statistically had the number 1 offense and defense last year. I'd pick the Bolts since I think they should be able to put it together this year but it will be interesting to watch.

honda522
08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Why even post this garbage? Not a win until week 6?

chiefsrule
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Why even post this garbage? Not a win until week 6?

Well if we don't beat Buffalo we don't deserve to win any more games. LOL.

SIC J
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Lets not forget that the entire division has almost identical schedules. When I first saw the schedule, I predicted that I can see the AFC West Champ finishing 8-8 and wouldn't surprise me if they end up like the Seahawks of last season at 7-9.

This prediction was made before the lockout and trades. I honestly see the Chiefs as improving the most so far in the division and the Raiders the least improved. Chargers I don't think got any better either signing old players on their defense. Only time will tell.

chiefguy
08-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Dumb article

#58ChiefsFan
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Lets not forget that the entire division has almost identical schedules. When I first saw the schedule, I predicted that I can see the AFC West Champ finishing 8-8 and wouldn't surprise me if they end up like the Seahawks of last season at 7-9.

This prediction was made before the lockout and trades. I honestly see the Chiefs as improving the most so far in the division and the Raiders the least improved. Chargers I don't think got any better either signing old players on their defense. Only time will tell.

With regard to the chargers if I had the #1 offense and defense in 2010 I'd want the same players back and try to add some depth. The Raiders aren't in as bad of shape as their opponents want to believe. The Broncos are going to be treading water as they rebuild again. The true question mark is our team. Once they get camp going 100% I may feel better but I don't see us finishing the year well.

SIC J
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
With regard to the chargers if I had the #1 offense and defense in 2010 I'd want the same players back and try to add some depth. The Raiders aren't in as bad of shape as their opponents want to believe. The Broncos are going to be treading water as they rebuild again. The true question mark is our team. Once they get camp going 100% I may feel better but I don't see us finishing the year well.

The Raiders lost their best offensive and defensive player. That's a HUGE downgrade in itself.

#58ChiefsFan
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
McFadden is their best offensive player hands down. Routt is going to surprise some people this year, it's a who's next league.

SIC J
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
McFadden is their best offensive player hands down. Routt is going to surprise some people this year, it's a who's next league.

McFadden has had 1 good year out of 3. He had not proven anything yet.

#58ChiefsFan
08-03-2011, 09:05 PM
1100 yds rushing and 500 yds receiving.....

Moeaki had numbers not far below Miller, 47 rec and 3 td vs 60 rec and 5 td.

Miller is a clutch player but far from their best

SIC J
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM

The difference is, Miller has been consistent his entire career so far. Not to mention the Raiders have not been good at all over the last 3 of the 4 years of his career.

Moeaki has potential to be great. But he's already on the PUP list. You can't be consistent and/or great if you can't stay healthy.

That goes for McFadden as well.

AussieChiefsFan
08-04-2011, 05:11 AM

Sd 10-6. Philip Rivers.

What about the first two games of the season?? Lions and bills!!!

azchiefsfan
08-04-2011, 11:04 AM
The OP and most people posting here are under the impression that SD and Oakland have got better and KC has got worse apparently. That's the only way to justify these ridiculous predictions. 7-9 or 8-8 is the absolute worst case scenario, assuming we are so bad we have no chance. What world do you live in? You really think the Chiefs are that bad? Assuming the worst doesn't make you objective, it makes you a doubter. The loser radio host clearly assumes KC was a fluke last year and we'll fold like tissue this year. That is an assumption I expect from non-fans, but not real KC fans. Let's turn this around just a bit: what makes you doubters think KC is so bad they can't win against the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers? We are far improved over last year, so what inside info do you doubters have that we don't?

Canada
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Miller is a clutch player but far from their bestHe was their leading receiver last season. Comparing him to McFadden is apples and oranges. TE will never be as important as a RB, but losing your #1 target is bound to hurt your offense.

The difference is, Miller has been consistent his entire career so far. Not to mention the Raiders have not been good at all over the last 3 of the 4 years of his career.

Moeaki has potential to be great. But he's already on the PUP list. You can't be consistent and/or great if you can't stay healthy.

That goes for McFadden as well.
He had a minor injury, if he is on the PUP list at the start of the season then I will worry about his injury status.

Seek
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
The Raiders lost their best offensive and defensive player. That's a HUGE downgrade in itself.

One of the reasons they lost their best defensive player is because the Raiders were leaving him inactive when he was healthy. Because of this, He was able to void his contract without the option of Franchising him.

The raiders were playing very good defense without him last year. They were also playing good defense without Seymour.

SIC J
08-05-2011, 02:45 AM

What a surprise, McFadden is already hurt and out for 2 weeks.

SIC J
08-05-2011, 02:49 AM
One of the reasons they lost their best defensive player is because the Raiders were leaving him inactive when he was healthy. Because of this, He was able to void his contract without the option of Franchising him.

The raiders were playing very good defense without him last year. They were also playing good defense without Seymour.

He played 14 games, started all 14. He's a shut down corner. Everyone knows that. And every Raider fan knows that and that's why they're not happy about him leaving at all!

KristofLaw
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Haha... whatever. We are still the defending AFC West Champions until proven otherwise. :D

Yoda
08-08-2011, 12:04 AM
What a surprise, McFadden is already hurt and out for 2 weeks.

Enter Michael Bush, you remember ....130+ yards vs your beloved Chiefs.