PDA

View Full Version : Saints sign franklin

marloweopatchiefs
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
New Orleans Saints, Aubrayo Franklin agree to one-year deal, source says - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6828015/new-orleans-saints-aubrayo-franklin-agree-one-year-deal-source-says)

TopekaRoy
08-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I was pretty sure he would re-sign with SF, as much as I wanted him here. It seems odd that he only got a one year deal. He's only 31. I think there is more to this story than we know about.

DMN
08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Ya know if he was willing to take a one year deal at that age something had to be up... I mean he is at the point where he couldn't even get a multiple year contract... from anybody.

chiefsrule
08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I was pretty sure he would re-sign with SF, as much as I wanted him here. It seems odd that he only got a one year deal. He's only 31. I think there is more to this story than we know about.

I thought he was resigning with SF too. I really don't understand why we didn't sign Franklin instead of Gregg. Would have filled a hole for a few years instead of one and a much better player.

"Pro Football Focus graded Franklin as the No. 2 run-stopping interior lineman in football last season, and he was the anchor for a 49ers defense that allowed the fewest yards per carry (3.46) in the NFC."

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't understand why he would take a one year deal, which is exactly what the franchise tender is.

I mean, at this point, you have to be making more than the average of the top 5 salaries at your position in order for this to be profitable.

Just a dumb, dumb move.

OPLookn
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I was thinking it was a dumb move too. Franchise tag at SF, teams drooling over him, coming off a great year and hyped as one of the best NT.

Either he wants to go to a team that'll have a winning record, is from the area or close by or something is just up and he's only got a year or two left. Ah there's my best friend...speculation.