PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Dorsey carted off the field with a knee injury

Coach
08-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I ran across this news today. I have no idea how serious the injury is.

glenn dorsey - Google Search (http://www.google.com/m/search?tbs=nws:1&hl=en&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=glenn%20dorsey&sa=N)

TopekaRoy
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Yikes! Hopefully it's not too bad. From the first link in the above Google search:

The good news is that Dorsey walked to the tent by himself. The bad news is, Tom Brady walked to the locker room by himself a few years ago after Pollard slammed into his knee. Walking off on your own is an encouraging sign but by no means a sign that you are definitely ok.

matthewschiefs
08-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Not what I like to hear. Hopefully it's one that looks worse then what it is.

Yoda
08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Well, here is some good news fo you guys. McFadden is out atleast 2 weeks with an orbital fracture. Ford out too with a hand fracture sucks for us.

Chiefster
08-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I ran across this news today. I have no idea how serious the injury is.

glenn dorsey - Google Search (http://www.google.com/m/search?tbs=nws:1&hl=en&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=glenn%20dorsey&sa=N)

Yikes! Hopefully it's not too bad. From the first link in the above Google search:

Not what I like to hear. Hopefully it's one that looks worse then what it is.

Well, here is some good news fo you guys. McFadden is out atleast 2 weeks with an orbital fracture. Ford out too with a hand fracture sucks for us.

Not good news; it is what it is though. Injuries are inevitable and unfortunately part of the game. You hate to hear of injuries to key personnel especially in training camp.

SIC J
08-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Not good news; it is what it is though. Injuries are inevitable and unfortunately part of the game. You hate to hear of injuries to key personnel especially in training camp.

No one should be surprised and there will probably be a LOT more. When players hold out, what usually happens? They get hurt! Now the entire NFL held out so EXPECT more injuries than normal. I've been saying this since the day the lockout began. Let just hope the Chiefs don't get anymore!

TopekaRoy
08-05-2011, 03:24 AM
No one should be surprised and there will probably be a LOT more. When players hold out, what usually happens? They get hurt! Now the entire NFL held out so EXPECT more injuries than normal. I've been saying this since the day the lockout began. Let just hope the Chiefs don't get anymore!
I don't know. There may well be more injuries than usual this year, but there are injuries every year starting with the first day of training camp, hold out or not. Injuries that are the result of poor conditioning are usually things like pulled hamstrings, torn ligaments and dehydration. Fractures don't sound like those kinds of injuries to me.

SIC J
08-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know. There may well be more injuries than usual this year, but there are injuries every year starting with the first day of training camp, hold out or not. Injuries that are the result of poor conditioning are usually things like pulled hamstrings, torn ligaments and dehydration. Fractures don't sound like those kinds of injuries to me.

Lets not also forget the fact that the NFL is now going to be testing for HGH. That in itself is going to lead to more injuries and/or suspensions.

TopekaRoy
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Lets not also forget the fact that the NFL is now going to be testing for HGH. That in itself is going to lead to more injuries and/or suspensions.

That scares the hell out of me. I know it needs to be done and I'm 100% in favor of it, but I don't know how prevalent it is in the NFL. I just hope there aren't a lot of big name players getting suspended over HGH this season. Hopefully players saw this coming and the ones that were using it were smart enough to stop a long time ago.

Hayvern
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
That scares the hell out of me. I know it needs to be done and I'm 100% in favor of it, but I don't know how prevalent it is in the NFL. I just hope there aren't a lot of big name players getting suspended over HGH this season. Hopefully players saw this coming and the ones that were using it were smart enough to stop a long time ago.

Look at it this way, depth will mean even more now.

Jrudi
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Look at it this way, depth will mean even more now.

Kinda wish we landed Ty Warren now haha.

Looks like Gilberry and Allen Bailey will have to step it up a notch.

honda522
08-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Nothing from NFL or Chiefs.com about his injury. Just watching the local news and they didn't say anything him being injured.

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:25 AM
http://youtu.be/dAMZPsDTUCI

This is all I could find.

SIC J
08-06-2011, 03:17 AM

Last I read, 60% of PRO athletes use HGH. And MANY NFL players supposedly use it to prevent getting injured.

GarH
08-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Sure would like to hear how serious the injury is. They've had plenty of time to diagnose it.

TopekaRoy
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Last I read, 60% of PRO athletes use HGH. And MANY NFL players supposedly use it to prevent getting injured.

I don't know if it's that high, but I'm sure it's high enough to be a significant problem. I did a quick Google search and found the following:
NFL Player: 'At Least Forty Percent' of NFL Using Illegal Substances (http://www.aolnews.com/2008/02/25/nfl-player-at-least-forty-percent-of-nfl-using-illegal-substa/)

Earnest Graham thinks 30 percent of all NFL players are using HGH (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/earnest-graham-things-30-percent-of-all-nfl-players-are-using-hgh/)

One might assume that the usage of performance enhancing drugs is even higher among the elite athletes. We may see a huge increase in suspensions this year and if the athletes stop using HGH, we may see a huge increase in injuries. Either way, it's going to be a loss for the fans.

Sure would like to hear how serious the injury is. They've had plenty of time to diagnose it.

I'm hoping no news is good news in this case. I think if the injury was serious we would've been told by now. If he was moved to the PUP list that would be a matter of public record so I'm guessing it's just a day-to-day situation.

I hope.

GarH
08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Sure hope you're right.

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I've been told Dorsey's injury isn't serious by those attending camp I'm familiar with. One friend said he witnessed Dorsey on the bikes and he appears to be doing fine. I trust his judgement. :)

tornadospotter
08-08-2011, 12:19 AM
I've been told Dorsey's injury isn't serious by those attending camp I'm familiar with. One friend said he witnessed Dorsey on the bikes and he appears to be doing fine. I trust his judgement. :)
If your correct CJ, and I do hope you are, we just might have to put you in charge of the Home of The Chiefs Intelligence Department! The C.C.I.D.! Chiefs Crowd Intelligence gathering and information, Department. :smile

Connie Jo
08-08-2011, 12:57 AM
If your correct CJ, and I do hope you are, we just might have to put you in charge of the Home of The Chiefs Intelligence Department! The C.C.I.D.! Chiefs Crowd Intelligence gathering and information, Department. :smile

:lol:

I'm on it!! hahaha :D

chief31
08-08-2011, 03:07 AM

That is very good to hear.

Thanks for the info, Connie.

Chiefster
08-08-2011, 07:07 AM

...Good to know.