PDA

View Full Version : Ron Edwards out for season.

chiefsrule
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Panthers NT Ron Edwards is likely to miss the 2011 season after tearing his triceps in training camp.

It's a big blow to the Panthers. Edwards, signed to a three-year, $8.25 million contract last week, was supposed to add girth and run-stopping ability to a soft Carolina interior line. The Panthers will likely pursue an alternative, but the free agent market has been stripped thin. If they stay in-house, third-round rookie Sione Fua is the next best nose tackle option.
Source: Joe Person on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/josephperson/statuses/99636993897668608)

Canada
08-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Too bad we didnt keep him.

chiefsrule
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Too bad we didnt keep him.

Yep then he never would have gotten hurt.

tornadospotter
08-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Yep then he never would have gotten hurt.
How? He would have to compete for his Job in Our Training Camp also. Just saying.

chiefsrule
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
How? He would have to compete for his Job in Our Training Camp also. Just saying.

I know he would have to still practice but chances are in a different place, different practice he wouldn't have suffered the injury.

tornadospotter
08-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, while I am sorry for his injury, for him. I do not think it would matter what or where he was at.

chiefsrule
08-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Well, while I am sorry for his injury, for him. I do not think it would matter what or where he was at.

BTW where do you live in Nebraska? I am in Nebraska too.

tornadospotter
08-05-2011, 10:35 PM
BTW where do you live in Nebraska? I am in Nebraska too.
I live in a Nebraska Town, that has OL on the Husker Team that was a true freshman and played in last seasons games. A QB, from where I live is now on the Huskers team. His older brother played base ball for the Huskers, then his senior year tried out for the husker football team and made it, and made some playes for the team. The Town I live in. Won back to back State Championships in Nebraska High School Football! If you tell me where I live, I will donate One million in Arrowcash to you!

honda522
08-05-2011, 11:21 PM
What a shame, but I don't care..he aint a chief now.

Ryfo18
08-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Feel bad for Ron Edwards, and I am kind of ashamed by the lack of sympathy by Chiefs fans. He was brought in during the Herm/Peterson regime as a 4-3 DT. In came Haley and the 3-4 D and he got moved to NT. Didn't complain one bit, and got a heck of a lot better every season.

It will go unnoticed by many Chiefs fans but Edwards grinded it out for this team for the last 2 years in a position he was not "ideal" for and he did a hell of a job. I'm sad to hear of this news, but wish him the best and hope he gets back to a healthy career...At age 32, these things are tough to come back from.

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I live in a Nebraska Town, that has OL on the Husker Team that was a true freshman and played in last seasons games. A QB, from where I live is now on the Huskers team. His older brother played base ball for the Huskers, then his senior year tried out for the husker football team and made it, and made some playes for the team. The Town I live in. Won back to back State Championships in Nebraska High School Football! If you tell me where I live, I will donate One million in Arrowcash to you!
I will give a million in Arrowcash to any ten members that can correctly answers this also.
limited to 10 members, names, and High School, need be correct.

Ryfo18
08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I will give a million in Arrowcash to any member that correctly answers this also.

Aurora, and you're referring to OL Andrew Rodriguez and QB Tyson Broekemeier

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Feel bad for Ron Edwards, and I am kind of ashamed by the lack of sympathy by Chiefs fans. He was brought in during the Herm/Peterson regime as a 4-3 DT. In came Haley and the 3-4 D and he got moved to NT. Didn't complain one bit, and got a heck of a lot better every season.

It will go unnoticed by many Chiefs fans but Edwards grinded it out for this team for the last 2 years in a position he was not "ideal" for and he did a hell of a job. I'm sad to hear of this news, but wish him the best and hope he gets back to a healthy career...At age 32, these things are tough to come back from.

Nice post. :)

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 12:32 AM

I imagine it would either be Lincoln or Omaha and I would guess Omaha. Not sure who the players are that you are mentioning though.

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:39 AM
I imagine it would either be Lincoln or Omaha and I would guess Omaha. Not sure who the players are that you are mentioning though.
Well then where in Nebraska do you live in?

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Aurora, and you're referring to OL Andrew Rodriguez and QB Tyson Broekemeier
You so have a cool mil of Arrowcash on the way!
Nine others do to, if they can figure it out. Think they will?

Ryfo18
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
You so have a cool mil of Arrowcash on the way!
Nine others do to, if they can figure it out. Think they will?

It's tough, but I think they might :beer:

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Well then where in Nebraska do you live in?

Where the Archway is.

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:48 AM
It's tough, but I think they might :beer:
I just gave you a mil, you give me :beer:

Ryfo18
08-06-2011, 12:50 AM
I just gave you a mil, you give me :beer:

:toast2:

tornadospotter
08-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Where the Archway is.
Kearney! Been there many a time, not the arch, the city. Have gone to the arch with the family once.

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Kearney! Been there many a time, not the arch, the city. Have gone to the arch with the family once.

I haven't even been to the arch. LOL. It really wasn't all they thought it was going to be and not making any money. They are now going to put a 2nd exit in Kearney which just happens to be right by the arch. They must think it is going to help with the business there. Millions of dollars just keep getting thrown away because of that thing.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I didn't know triceps injury's were less likely in KC than in NC.

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I didn't know triceps injury's were less likely in KC than in NC.

Ok let me put this way. Lets say you were driving and got in an accident at an intersection. If you were driving somewhere else in a different part of town that accident would not have happened. Yes of course you could always get in an accident somewhere sometime. I didn't mean that Edwards would have been immune to any type of injury if he were in KC. Though we do have a pretty good trainers. :)

Drunker Hillbilly
08-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok let me put this way. Lets say you were driving and got in an accident at an intersection. If you were driving somewhere else in a different part of town that accident would not have happened. Yes of course you could always get in an accident somewhere sometime. I didn't mean that Edwards would have been immune to any type of injury if he were in KC. Though we do have a pretty good trainers. :)

Apple....meet orange. The fact that he would have been doing the same pushing and shoving in KC as he was in NC has everything to do with it.

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Apple....meet orange. The fact that he would have been doing the same pushing and shoving in KC as he was in NC has everything to do with it.

Ok you win NVM. You are right if he were still here in KC he would have tore his triceps too.

Canada
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Ok you win NVM. You are right if he were still here in KC he would have tore his triceps too.Its a two way street, he may not have gotten injured at all, opposite side of the coin, he could have broken his neck. Its all speculation. I wish the guy well, but I still think we upgraded the NT position.

chief31
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM

They are both apples.

If an event happened at "SPOT A" at "TIME A" then having been at "SPOT B" during "TIME A" produces a different result.

Its a two way street, he may not have gotten injured at all, opposite side of the coin, he could have broken his neck. Its all speculation. I wish the guy well, but I still think we upgraded the NT position.

Well, that is true. It's definitely speculative. But, considering the number of snaps that Edwards played without such things happening, it's astronomically more likely that changing where Edwards was at that moment brings a far better result.

The car accident scenario is right on.

Maybe, by not being at that particular intersection at that particular time, you wind up having a worse accident at a different location, but the odds are too low to really consider legitimate.

HOWEVER....... If the brakes wore out, causing the accident, then it is probable that something bad was going to happen, regardless of location when it happened. No way of knowing if this was a problem with Ron's body being unprepared, or just something that was pure chance.

As for the NT position? I have to agree with you there.

I think Gregg has a great resume coming from The Ravens, who have been extremely tough against the run for a long time.

And I am still plenty satisfied with the drafting of Powe. Really hoping that he becomes as effective as Gregg was with Baltimore.

In fact, the advantage to bringing in Gregg, instead of Franklin, is that it leaves more room for Powe to work his way into the position, without having to bench, or cut, Franklin, and a high salary.

#58ChiefsFan
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I bet Pioli knew he had a sore arm and told Clark the best way to save money is to cut him so Clark can keep the money.

Oh wait wrong thread.....

chiefsrule
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I bet Pioli knew he had a sore arm and told Clark the best way to save money is to cut him so Clark can keep the money.

Oh wait wrong thread.....

You could be right!!!!